Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising 17:14 - Apr 25 with 7002 viewsCooperman

Hello Planet Swans chums.

As some of you may remember from previous threads and topics I am participating in Velothon Wales 2016 which takes place on Sunday 22nd May 2016. My motivation for this is two fold namely i) get fit, but also ii) raise a little money along the way for a good cause. Point i) is not so relevant here and I'll summarise it by saying that I've lost a few pounds in weight over the past few months. More important than that though is my desire to raise some money to support a good cause or two. My Velothon entry fee is going direct to Bloodwise, a blood cancer charity. The 18,000 Velothon participants will raise around £1m for Bloodwise as a result of the efforts of 22nd May. However I would like to do something more and with that in mind I have researched the options for supporting our injured and maimed ex-service men and women. Most lately I have come across the charity called Blesma (British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association) and after some calls to them I have decided that this will be my charity of choice. I have no ties to the armed forces but this is a subject that I've grown an interest in following the horrors of Iraq and Afghanistan.

My Velothon involves me using leg power to negotiate 140km of South Wales roads at the end of May. My Velothon will also hopefully raise some cash towards those that have lost their leg power through the defence of our country. My sacrifice is nothing compared to those that benefit from Blesma.

So PS chums, can I kindly ask you to visit my Just Giving page via the link below and donate a small contribution? All donations will be willingly received with much gratitude.

Much love, COYS, Andrew.

https://www.justgiving.com/AndrewCooper1975

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 21:25 - Apr 25 with 4794 viewsEbo

Good luck mate, when I get paid I'll pop you a few sheckles. Colleagues at work are doing Cyclone 24 which is a 24 hour bike relay challenge for charity. Not for the feint hearted!

http://stillsdesignweb.co.uk/

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:32 - Apr 25 with 4768 viewsCooperman

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 21:25 - Apr 25 by Ebo

Good luck mate, when I get paid I'll pop you a few sheckles. Colleagues at work are doing Cyclone 24 which is a 24 hour bike relay challenge for charity. Not for the feint hearted!

http://stillsdesignweb.co.uk/

Thank you my friend.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:34 - Apr 25 with 4767 viewsCooperman

And thank you to the anonymous person who chipped in with a donation within a short time of me putting this up. You know who you are, and I am truly grateful.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 08:45 - Apr 26 with 4689 viewsepaul

Great stuff Andrew and good luck.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 11:00 - Apr 26 with 4660 viewsblueytheblue

Good luck, hope it goes well and you raise a lot of cash.

Just a pain for me as I've now got to find an alternate route to get my son to the synagogue that day as roads round us are closed. #AreCyclistsActuallyAntiSemites

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 11:20 - Apr 26 with 4651 viewsCooperman

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 11:00 - Apr 26 by blueytheblue

Good luck, hope it goes well and you raise a lot of cash.

Just a pain for me as I've now got to find an alternate route to get my son to the synagogue that day as roads round us are closed. #AreCyclistsActuallyAntiSemites

Thanks for the message. I hope you can even offer a little donation too...

You wouldn't be the first Bluebird supporter to offer a few bob.

It's a serious point about the roads though, and without wishing to upset the anti cyclists among us, it should be noted that this is a closed roads event - that's 140km of closed roads around Cardiff, Newport, Caerleon, Usk, Abergavenny, Caerphilly, etc. You've been warned. But hey, don't look on the negative side, come down on the positives, think of the millions being raised for charity.

My own personal target has already gone beyond the 50% mark, some of which is down to our Planet Swans family. I am truly grateful. Thank you's will follow later.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 11:26 - Apr 26 with 4648 viewsblueytheblue

I was kinda being tongue in cheek. We'll manage somehow. If he misses a day he misses a day.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 09:22 - Apr 27 with 4502 viewsCooperman

Tears of happiness this morning.

I have smashed my fundraising target within 40 hours of me opening my Just Giving page. This is in part down to Planet Swans readers for which I am very grateful.

I'm not stopping here though, I think it's time to now stretch that target!

Login to get fewer ads

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 13:29 - Apr 27 with 4466 viewsymaohyd

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 09:22 - Apr 27 by Cooperman

Tears of happiness this morning.

I have smashed my fundraising target within 40 hours of me opening my Just Giving page. This is in part down to Planet Swans readers for which I am very grateful.

I'm not stopping here though, I think it's time to now stretch that target!

Good luck.

Ymlaen.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 18:44 - Apr 29 with 4296 viewsdickythorpe

The very best of luck to you sir.
Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 10:31 - May 1 with 4176 viewsCooperman

Thank you PS friends for your donations, private and open messages of support. I'm thrilled with the responses.

Yesterday I completed a training ride that was in excess of 120 km and smashed through the £800 barrier of my fund raising attempt.

May is the month where it all happens, I would like to think I'm ready as since January I have shed over 2 stone, cut out the excesses in my diet, and cycled nearly 2,000 km. Ideally I would be another half stone lighter but it's too late now.

Once again, thank you.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 23:20 - May 4 with 3919 viewsLord_Bony

An excellent cause... Lets get behind it and make some more donations before 22nd May.

Its going to be a big day.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 21:38 - May 18 with 3787 viewsblueytheblue

Happy money is being raised for charity, just the road closures are a real pain.

Live in a cul de sac, the route has the main road the the cul de sac lies off closed at both ends. So basically we're trapped, which means can't get son to synagogue that day. Happens with marathons too. Went to get my lderly parents a few years ago, had a massive row with a steward who claimed the cul de sac I live in doesn't exist...

Good luck for all those raising money... just find somewhere without roads for the next one ;)

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:06 - May 18 with 3767 viewssherpajacob

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 21:38 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Happy money is being raised for charity, just the road closures are a real pain.

Live in a cul de sac, the route has the main road the the cul de sac lies off closed at both ends. So basically we're trapped, which means can't get son to synagogue that day. Happens with marathons too. Went to get my lderly parents a few years ago, had a massive row with a steward who claimed the cul de sac I live in doesn't exist...

Good luck for all those raising money... just find somewhere without roads for the next one ;)

give me a wave as i cycle past bluey.

which part of adamsdown do you live?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:10 - May 18 with 3765 viewsblueytheblue

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:06 - May 18 by sherpajacob

Not Adamsdown I'm afraid.

Like I said, good luck with raising funds.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:22 - May 18 with 3758 viewsCooperman

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:06 - May 18 by sherpajacob

Pen F, 07:20. You?

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:54 - May 18 with 3744 viewssherpajacob

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:22 - May 18 by Cooperman

Pen F, 07:20. You?

snap!

are you old, fat and slow as well.

we'll walk up the tumble together.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:55 - May 18 with 3741 viewssherpajacob

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:10 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Not Adamsdown I'm afraid.

Like I said, good luck with raising funds.

one of those dwellings on rover way?

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:59 - May 18 with 3736 viewsblueytheblue

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:55 - May 18 by sherpajacob

one of those dwellings on rover way?

Nope.

If you're going to stalk me, be prepared; I have stealth ninja like abilities to run away very fast.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 23:04 - May 18 with 3734 viewsCooperman

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:54 - May 18 by sherpajacob

snap!

are you old, fat and slow as well.

we'll walk up the tumble together.

Less fat and a little quicker than I was when I started this quest. However I can also see me on foot up the 20% parts.

Check out the YouTube clips of Caerphilly Mountain!

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 23:09 - May 18 with 3723 viewssherpajacob

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 22:59 - May 18 by blueytheblue

Nope.

If you're going to stalk me, be prepared; I have stealth ninja like abilities to run away very fast.

that narrows it down to loudoun square, you should have said.

i'll wave on the way past.see you sunday.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 11:23 - May 19 with 3636 viewsBatterseajack

So i'm in Pen A, with a 7am start. I'm not an early morning person, f**k knows how i'm going to get up in time, drive over to Cardiff and start filing in for 6:30!!
Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 12:33 - May 19 with 3625 viewsJack_y_Jwc

I did this last year, it's an ok route. is relatively flat until you hit the tumble, which wasn't as bad as I'd feared although I did end up walking a small section as it was too crowded (I hope they've reduced the number of entrants this year). Hitting Caerphilly after 75 miles is a killer - I walked the majority of this.

Beware though, last year some f*ckers put tacks on the road - probably in protest for the closed roads it created one hell of a bottle-neck. I think it was somewhere round the back of the Celtic Manor.

Good luck

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 13:26 - May 19 with 3615 viewsCooperman

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 11:23 - May 19 by Batterseajack

So i'm in Pen A, with a 7am start. I'm not an early morning person, f**k knows how i'm going to get up in time, drive over to Cardiff and start filing in for 6:30!!

Pen A? Ouch! Did you advise of a fast target time? I read somewhere that Pen A is going first based on rider speed.

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 13:42 - May 19 with 3607 viewsjackmorsel

Velothon Wales - Please Support My Fundraising on 13:26 - May 19 by Cooperman

Pen A? Ouch! Did you advise of a fast target time? I read somewhere that Pen A is going first based on rider speed.

I think they have changed it round this year so the slower riders are off first? I'm in F same as you, I said 6-7 hours, mate of mine said 5 hours and he's in K which leaves at 7.46.

Going to be very busy though as Pen F has 1600 riders in it! That with some rain and wind will be it a bit more interesting.

Good luck, it's not that bad to be honest, I find the Carten more difficult (except this year).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024