Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Athletico Madrid. 19:58 - Apr 27 with 2515 viewslifelong

What a brilliant first goal.
Athletico Madrid. on 20:11 - Apr 27 with 2113 viewsairedale

I bet Bafe's thinking 'yeah, not bad'
Athletico Madrid. on 20:15 - Apr 27 with 2106 viewslifelong

Athletico Madrid. on 20:11 - Apr 27 by airedale

I bet Bafe's thinking 'yeah, not bad'

. Much better game than the one last night.
Athletico Madrid. on 20:17 - Apr 27 with 2104 viewsairedale

Athletico Madrid. on 20:15 - Apr 27 by lifelong

Thanks for that, I forgot it was on and missed it. Doh!
Atletico Madrid. on 21:08 - Apr 27 with 2030 viewskarnataka

Agreed.

BTW, they're called Atlético Madrid, not Athletico.
Atletico Madrid. on 21:12 - Apr 27 with 2014 viewsHighjack

Atletico Madrid. on 21:08 - Apr 27 by karnataka

Agreed.

They're actually called club atletico de Madrid, S.A.D but I don't know how to do those fancy inflections.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Athletico Madrid. on 21:14 - Apr 27 with 2016 viewsmarchamjack

They are the best organised side around atm. May not be the best (although they might yet win the CL), but far and away the most drilled, hard working, disciplined team, and team it is. Clearly they have some very very good players, but Simeone certainly knows how to set a team out to play a certain way and to stick to it, whoever the opposition. Not the most entertaining, but they are compelling to watch nonetheless.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Athletico Madrid. on 22:18 - Apr 27 with 1958 viewsmax936

Far better game than you'll see in the premiership, apart from the odd one or two games, first thought Joe Hart had night was to kick the leather off the ball, seeing the way Guardiola sets his teams up to play, I can't see him putting up with hoof myself.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Atletico Madrid. on 23:52 - Apr 27 with 1883 viewslifelong

Atletico Madrid. on 21:08 - Apr 27 by karnataka

Agreed.

Yes, I know.

I noticed the error after I posted the thread and I couldn't be arsed to amend it.

I apologise unreservedly if it has offended you.
Login to get fewer ads

Athletico Madrid. on 08:37 - Apr 28 with 1791 viewsploppy

Interestingly, though, Athletic Bilbao are called Athletic Bilbao (not Atletico), due to its English connections. Just saying.
Atletico Madrid. on 09:24 - Apr 28 with 1759 viewsmax936

Atletico Madrid. on 23:52 - Apr 27 by lifelong

Yes, I know.

I noticed the error after I posted the thread and I couldn't be arsed to amend it.

I apologise unreservedly if it has offended you.

Come on Lifey one must do better, can't believe l've had to say that to a man of your standing mun.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Athletico Madrid. on 10:34 - Apr 28 with 1722 viewstomdickharry

Think their left back would add something to our team.
Atletico Madrid. on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 1718 viewsMrSwerve

Atletico Madrid. on 21:12 - Apr 27 by Highjack

They're actually called club atletico de Madrid, S.A.D but I don't know how to do those fancy inflections.

Alt gr key

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Athletico Madrid. on 13:20 - Apr 28 with 1662 viewsJJJack

Athletico Madrid. on 10:34 - Apr 28 by tomdickharry

Think their left back would add something to our team.

Filipe Luis? Well yes, if we've got £15m spare . Didn't get much chance at Chelsea and knocking on a bit now but a real class act. No chance of us getting him as he's arguably the best LB in the world now
Athletico Madrid. on 13:25 - Apr 28 with 1657 viewsshandyjack

I hope they win it, Torres has been one of my favourite players since he first burst on the scene at AM. I was gutted when he went to Liverpool of all clubs but still enjoyed watching him play.
He's on a free in the summer and AM don't look like keeping him on, wish we could afford him

Poll: Expectation for the season

Athletico Madrid. on 13:29 - Apr 28 with 1650 viewsJJJack

Athletico Madrid. on 13:25 - Apr 28 by shandyjack

I hope they win it, Torres has been one of my favourite players since he first burst on the scene at AM. I was gutted when he went to Liverpool of all clubs but still enjoyed watching him play.
He's on a free in the summer and AM don't look like keeping him on, wish we could afford him

I think they'll keep him. He wants to be there and is playing better than for 5 or 6 years. They need a better No.9 and are trying to get Costa back but I think Torres will stay as back-up.
Athletico Madrid. on 13:39 - Apr 28 with 1642 viewslifelong

Athletico Madrid. on 13:25 - Apr 28 by shandyjack

The desire and commitment of the whole side was a joy to watch.
Athletico Madrid. on 13:50 - Apr 28 with 1634 viewsshandyjack

my uncle moved to Madrid 15/16 years ago with his Spanish wife and he and his boy became AM fans as the whole of wife's family were Real fans. So i've naturally followed them since, there turn over of players is incredible, Torres, Aguero,Falcao,Costa and now Griezmann. De Gea and now Oblak. Simeone is a mourinho style manager without the ego. Although he doesn't shy from controversy. His players seem like they'd die for him on the pitch

Poll: Expectation for the season

Athletico Madrid. on 15:33 - Apr 28 with 1607 viewsJJJack

Athletico Madrid. on 13:50 - Apr 28 by shandyjack

my uncle moved to Madrid 15/16 years ago with his Spanish wife and he and his boy became AM fans as the whole of wife's family were Real fans. So i've naturally followed them since, there turn over of players is incredible, Torres, Aguero,Falcao,Costa and now Griezmann. De Gea and now Oblak. Simeone is a mourinho style manager without the ego. Although he doesn't shy from controversy. His players seem like they'd die for him on the pitch

You could also have added Jackson Martinez, Mandzukic and Courtois amongst others. The 1st two tried to replace Costa and it didn't really work. But no matter who they sell, they seem to remain highly competitive and are starting to cement themselves as the 3rd biggest club in Spain....ahead of Valencia, Sevilla, Bilbao , Villareal etc, all of which they have outstripped in recent years despite being a 2nd tier side only a few years ago. Simeone is amazing and pulls the strings and they dance. I think they are the best coached side in the world. I find them by far the most interesting side to watch in Europe (though Dortmund are up there too). They have to be near their best almost all the time but they manage it.
Athletico Madrid. on 21:01 - May 3 with 1506 viewslifelong

Athletico Madrid. on 15:33 - Apr 28 by JJJack

You could also have added Jackson Martinez, Mandzukic and Courtois amongst others. The 1st two tried to replace Costa and it didn't really work. But no matter who they sell, they seem to remain highly competitive and are starting to cement themselves as the 3rd biggest club in Spain....ahead of Valencia, Sevilla, Bilbao , Villareal etc, all of which they have outstripped in recent years despite being a 2nd tier side only a few years ago. Simeone is amazing and pulls the strings and they dance. I think they are the best coached side in the world. I find them by far the most interesting side to watch in Europe (though Dortmund are up there too). They have to be near their best almost all the time but they manage it.

Looking good to go through.
Athletico Madrid. on 21:15 - May 3 with 1459 viewsbuilthjack

Could it be an all Madrid ChampionsLeague Final? It's looking that way.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 21:54]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Athletico Madrid. on 21:16 - May 3 with 1453 viewsairedale

With Leicester winning the PL and watching Madrid tonight for 50 odd minutes, I find it really satisfying to see good teams triumphing over the bloat.
Athletico Madrid. on 21:40 - May 3 with 1400 viewslifelong

Great win.
Athletico Madrid. on 22:05 - May 3 with 1349 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think it actually WAS a penalty. Look where the eventual contact was made. Torres is a f*cking choker though

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Athletico Madrid. on 22:18 - May 3 with 1324 viewsmarchamjack

Athletico Madrid. on 22:05 - May 3 by Brynmill_Jack

I think it actually WAS a penalty. Look where the eventual contact was made. Torres is a f*cking choker though

Torres aside (and quite surprised Simeone rates him), they are a bstd of a side to play against. Another great game tonight and thoroughly engrossing. I do like watching them got to say.

Would get booed off down the Lib for such tactics ;)

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Athletico Madrid. on 10:02 - May 4 with 1253 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Athletico Madrid. on 22:18 - May 3 by marchamjack

Torres aside (and quite surprised Simeone rates him), they are a bstd of a side to play against. Another great game tonight and thoroughly engrossing. I do like watching them got to say.

Would get booed off down the Lib for such tactics ;)

Their break out play I could live with. Not surrender the psychopathic manager though lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024