Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Day Thread 03:32 - Apr 28 with 21736 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 1 May 2016 5:00]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 03:33 - Apr 28 with 9303 viewsjackharris

My first ever Swans versus Liverpool game was in 1990. It was the third round of the FA Cup! My next door neighbour got me the tickets as he was a turnstile operator at the Vetch! I remember being so excited that we were playing a top level team for once I put the tickets in an armoured box! I got extra tickets myself for friends from gaining vouchers from the Cardiff City match.

16,098 Fans were allowed into the Vetch. With around 3,800 fans from Liverpool. The game ended 0-0, but that was great because it meant the replay at Anfield. We were on Match of the Day and had the Great John Motson Commentating on the match. They had built a special commentary point behind the hoardings on the North Bank! We all know what happened in the Replay.

Twenty-six years later we play Liverpool in the same league at home for the *fifth year running! A crowd of nearly 21,000 is expected (with nearly 2,100 Reds). The game is being shown on BT Sport in HD and has a kick off of 12pm.

Alistair Mann: "Sandwiched between the two legs of their finely balanced Europa League semi-final, Liverpool will be forgiven for approaching this game with a great deal less intensity than you would normally associate with a Jurgen Klopp side. "With relegation pressures having evaporated, it perhaps offers Swansea the opportunity to record a rare victory against a team they've beaten only once since returning to the top division in 2011. "Having effectively completed his short-term mission, Francesco Guidolin's future has now become the main focus of the Welsh footballing scribes."If, as they predict, the Italian will be moving on in the summer, he will certainly be very keen to have as high a Premier League finish as possible on his CV, as well as a victory over Liverpool."

WEATHER - Outlook for Saturday to Monday
There will be sunshine and scattered showers on Saturday, with conditions becoming wet and windy into Sunday. Monday will be brighter with blustery showers but feeling less cool.

Possible Team and Formation - Reports are that both Alberto and Leroy Fer will miss Sunday's Premier League match because of injury! It is difficult to say what the starting line-up will be 100%. Nordfeldt, Amat, Rangel, Taylor, Gomis, Barrow, Ki could be named on the bench.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is expected to rest a few of his big names ahead of the Europa League semi-final second leg against Villarreal. Philippe Coutinho went off at half-time in the first leg after feeling unwell and he is unlikely to start.
WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Swansea boss Francesco Guidolin: "We need points. After that we can speak about other situations and other problems, but all I want is to make sure we are safe mathematically. "I have spoken to the players and they convince me they are ready to play to the final game."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp bemoans the noon kick-off time, having played on Thursday night: "We could have started at two or four, so four hours more and that sounds absolutely okay. It is Sunday, all English people will have lunch and we play football. "I am pretty sure no one slept immediately when we got home (in the early hours of Friday). It wouldn't make sense to start with the same line-up. We need fresh legs and fresh minds at Swansea."
LAWRO'S PREDICTION

The Europa League is the priority for Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp, so with this game coming between both legs of their semi-final I am expecting him to field some of his fringe players.
But even if Liverpool are not at full strength, Swansea will have to be much-improved on their showing against Leicester last weekend. Prediction: 1-1

MATCH FACTS - Swansea City
Swansea could win four successive home games in the top flight for the first time since March 1982. The Swans have won 1-0 in their last three matches at the Liberty Stadium, and have kept six clean sheets in their last nine Premier League home matches.
Their last five Premier League home wins have all been by a 1-0 scoreline.

Liverpool.
Liverpool have scored 17 goals in their last six Premier League away games.
They have dropped 19 points from winning positions in the Premier League this season - the highest figure in the top flight prior to the latest round of matches.
Daniel Sturridge has scored in six of his last seven league appearances, including each of the last four.

[Post edited 29 Apr 2016 20:33]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 06:55 - Apr 28 with 9260 viewsEdmundo

An entertaining 2-2 draw......which should lead us nicely to Man City at home.......nick a hard fought 1-0 win and finish on a right high👍

I

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 07:56 - Apr 28 with 9223 viewsJethroJack

Swans 2-1 Liverpool Fringe XI.
The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 10:52 - Apr 28 with 9093 viewsJBT95

5th season in a row, not 4
The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 11:28 - Apr 28 with 9061 viewsClinton

They are more than likely going to put some fringe players and/or a couple of youngsters in. For goodness sake have a go from the start. Dont play the boring formation and let them settle in. They need to know theres a match on from the start.
Unless we decide to stick a couple of youngsters in ourselves, then who knows?
Ayew up top in the shop window ?

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 11:42 - Apr 28 with 9045 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 11:28 - Apr 28 by Clinton

They are more than likely going to put some fringe players and/or a couple of youngsters in. For goodness sake have a go from the start. Dont play the boring formation and let them settle in. They need to know theres a match on from the start.
Unless we decide to stick a couple of youngsters in ourselves, then who knows?
Ayew up top in the shop window ?

Wouldnt be surprised to see Gomis and Ayew in the hope that they can do something to show on match of the day to boost their saleability.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 17:33 - Apr 28 with 8813 viewspikeypaul

Just got my delivery of 200 1/2 and 1/2 Swansea Liverpool scarfs for Sunday they will go like hot cakes on Sunday with all the plastics wanting to sing YNWA.

Will be by the bridge for all that wants one £7.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 17:48 - Apr 28 with 8804 viewsRevJames

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 06:55 - Apr 28 by Edmundo

An entertaining 2-2 draw......which should lead us nicely to Man City at home.......nick a hard fought 1-0 win and finish on a right high👍

I

Based on the last two performances, I wish I shared your optimism.

Can't really see anything other than a 0-2 , one from a corner and a horrible deflection from a free kick off Williams, Fernandez and the crossbar
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 19:11 - Apr 28 with 8743 viewsshandyjack

another big defeat i fear

Poll: Expectation for the season

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 21:22 - Apr 28 with 8607 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Villarreal vs. Liverpool tonight has been a very ugly match so far - 0-0 61'.

Hopefully this uninspiring play from them will continue on Sunday.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 21:23]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 22:02 - Apr 28 with 8575 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 17:33 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

Just got my delivery of 200 1/2 and 1/2 Swansea Liverpool scarfs for Sunday they will go like hot cakes on Sunday with all the plastics wanting to sing YNWA.

Will be by the bridge for all that wants one £7.

You will be sold out in 10 minutes

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 22:14 - Apr 28 with 8567 viewsEdmundo

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 21:22 - Apr 28 by Tummer_from_Texas

Villarreal vs. Liverpool tonight has been a very ugly match so far - 0-0 61'.

Hopefully this uninspiring play from them will continue on Sunday.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 21:23]

1-0 Villareal 👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 22:29 - Apr 28 with 8543 viewspikeypaul

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 22:02 - Apr 28 by builthjack

You will be sold out in 10 minutes

I know supplier trying to get me another 100 delivered by Saturday.

Also got 75 "YNWA with a swan in the background" t shirts should also go well.

I love it when the plastics come to town.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 07:18 - Apr 29 with 8370 viewsyescomeon

As it happens I will be in Liverpool for the match, where's the best place to watch the match? As an away fan so to speak.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 08:47 - Apr 29 with 8318 viewsepaul

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 07:18 - Apr 29 by yescomeon

As it happens I will be in Liverpool for the match, where's the best place to watch the match? As an away fan so to speak.

Perchrock Towers

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 09:17 - Apr 29 with 8307 viewsOldjack

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 07:18 - Apr 29 by yescomeon

Any Toffees pub

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 09:45 - Apr 29 with 8288 viewsyescomeon

Good tips lads, probably go for the later.

Upthecity!

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 10:44 - Apr 29 with 8258 viewsmarchamjack

As Mrs MJ cannot make the game, coming down with my friend who is a Scouser to take her seat in the West. Told him no colours, no shell suits, not too many 'eh eh's', shave off that tache and lose the curly perm.

Be interested to hear after the game what he thinks about the Liberty experience as a genuine born and bred Liverpudlian (not a local plastic).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 10:50 - Apr 29 with 8249 viewsmonmouth

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 10:44 - Apr 29 by marchamjack

As Mrs MJ cannot make the game, coming down with my friend who is a Scouser to take her seat in the West. Told him no colours, no shell suits, not too many 'eh eh's', shave off that tache and lose the curly perm.

Be interested to hear after the game what he thinks about the Liberty experience as a genuine born and bred Liverpudlian (not a local plastic).

Youd better tell him no full kit, just to be sure.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 17:50 - Apr 29 with 8040 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 10:44 - Apr 29 by marchamjack

If he strays towards people's cars hub caps steer him away very calmly

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 17:55 - Apr 29 with 8028 viewsmax936

O'Neil's Irish Bar, tidy grub in there to, pop to the Hub Bar and Restaurant for your evening meal bout 7ish Steak in there is tip top.

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 17:55 - Apr 29 with 8025 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 10:50 - Apr 29 by monmouth

That's Max he's a massive Red.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 18:40 - Apr 29 with 7990 viewsmax936

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 10:50 - Apr 29 by monmouth

So that's where Adam Jones is these days.

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 19:23 - Apr 29 with 7929 viewsDarran

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 18:40 - Apr 29 by max936

So that's where Adam Jones is these days.

Rory Bremner mun.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Swansea City vs Liverpool FC Match Thread on 20:54 - Apr 29 with 7818 viewsBYMJacks

I am going for a 1-0 victory for sunday with routledge scoring for us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024