Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do 09:45 - Apr 28 with 3879 viewsdickythorpe

Any idea? is this the city that has an old part and new part?

Where best for a bunch of reprobates? (I'm not going- too old!!)
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 10:22 - Apr 28 with 3497 viewsscottishjack

It's been a while since I visited, but... Plenty of bars on and around Wenceslas square, then we found that wandering just away from there you'll find more local bars that charge a lot less and have better beers.

Down by the river there are some great bars and restaurants that again charge a bit more, but it's worth it for the views...

And any bars marked Disco are the equivalent to our nightclubs, anything marked Nightclub is something completely different!

Fantastic city to visit, get out and explore, you'll work it out...
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 10:47 - Apr 28 with 3476 viewsdameedna

Prague is very small worked there twice.
From standard Irish bars to Russian cafes.
Just arrive meet at the clock on square and go from there.
There are plenty of tour guides for a few quid will get you in the type of place to suit.
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 11:31 - Apr 28 with 3440 viewssiralan

Zizkov 5 min tram ride up from WS great local bars 1/3 the price of city centre bars.Also there,is a good beer garden up that way with huge screen showing footie,etc.

If you want to watch some sport in the centre Legends is good but full of expats and it is relatively expensive.

Fernanda is a great value restaurant / bar. with the best beers if ever tasted, 2 seperate locations I prefer the one near the main railway station down the road from Wen Sq.
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 12:53 - Apr 28 with 3396 viewsjimmyquipment

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 11:31 - Apr 28 by siralan

Zizkov 5 min tram ride up from WS great local bars 1/3 the price of city centre bars.Also there,is a good beer garden up that way with huge screen showing footie,etc.

If you want to watch some sport in the centre Legends is good but full of expats and it is relatively expensive.

Fernanda is a great value restaurant / bar. with the best beers if ever tasted, 2 seperate locations I prefer the one near the main railway station down the road from Wen Sq.

got to agree with you there mate, been to zizkov a few times, fantastic places out there.
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 12:54 - Apr 28 with 3396 viewsdickythorpe

Thank you for those informative answers, ive passed them on to my mate.
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 13:07 - Apr 28 with 3386 viewscontroversial_jack

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 12:54 - Apr 28 by dickythorpe

Thank you for those informative answers, ive passed them on to my mate.

Still cheap there and good value Try. Some of the good pubs and bars in the new town as well as the old town. The exchange rate has slipped a bit,but it's best to change your money out there in the banks and kiosks. You will pay more in the strip clubs, but it's not outrageously expensive.

If you want some ladies, avoid the main strip clubs off Wenceslas, and get a taxi to the Showpark the other side of the river. It's a third of the price there - allegedly!
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:43 - Apr 28 with 3310 viewsmax936

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 13:07 - Apr 28 by controversial_jack

Still cheap there and good value Try. Some of the good pubs and bars in the new town as well as the old town. The exchange rate has slipped a bit,but it's best to change your money out there in the banks and kiosks. You will pay more in the strip clubs, but it's not outrageously expensive.

If you want some ladies, avoid the main strip clubs off Wenceslas, and get a taxi to the Showpark the other side of the river. It's a third of the price there - allegedly!

Been fancying a trip over there for a while long weekend or somin, I'll be taking my Mrs though to old to be bothering with all the other distractions

I know a few who have been and had a cracking time even with the trouble and strife in tow.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:56 - Apr 28 with 3296 viewspikeypaul

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 13:07 - Apr 28 by controversial_jack

Show park is that tram #3 from outside Tesco's in the centre ? Seem to remember it from my lonelyplanet guide book,obviously never went.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:12 - Apr 29 with 3202 viewscontroversial_jack

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:56 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

Show park is that tram #3 from outside Tesco's in the centre ? Seem to remember it from my lonelyplanet guide book,obviously never went.

No idea about the trams mate, I have always taken a taxi, although there is a subway stop nearby, Vitavska on line C I think
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:59 - Apr 29 with 3177 viewspikeypaul

Subway is 10 min walk get tram to vltavska and stay on for 2 stops more stops directly outside show park.
Always worth getting 3 day transport ticket for the trams they are so easy to use and handy for jumping between the centre and zizkov or across the river and to the south of the city.The ticket allows bus,tram and subway useage you can even use to get to and from the airport bus 119 I think then subway to your hotel.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 21:22 - Apr 29 with 3142 viewscontroversial_jack

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:59 - Apr 29 by pikeypaul

Subway is 10 min walk get tram to vltavska and stay on for 2 stops more stops directly outside show park.
Always worth getting 3 day transport ticket for the trams they are so easy to use and handy for jumping between the centre and zizkov or across the river and to the south of the city.The ticket allows bus,tram and subway useage you can even use to get to and from the airport bus 119 I think then subway to your hotel.

Cheers mate, I'll keep that in mind for the next time I visit, which hopefully will be soon.as It's a fantastic city.
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 11:32 - Jan 17 with 2680 viewsKGriz16

I'm off in September with a couple colleagues from work. Any reccomendations of what to do? The majority of the time we'll be guzzling, but good to get some hints and tips.
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 11:52 - Jan 17 with 2654 viewsyeoviljackb

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 11:32 - Jan 17 by KGriz16

I'm off in September with a couple colleagues from work. Any reccomendations of what to do? The majority of the time we'll be guzzling, but good to get some hints and tips.

1. Get tram up the hill past the castle to Strahov Monastic brewery for lunch and some magnificent beer then work your way down the hill visiting as many of the small pubs on route back to Charles Bridge and main square. You'll pass the Castle etc on way down if you want to visit. Great way to spend a day seeing some sights but getting plenty of beer in
2. Take a brewery tour
3. Visit Zlatko Tygra (Golden Tiger) pub - just off the main square. Frequented by locals and consists of wooden benches, sharing tables and one beer tap. President Havel took President Clinton here for a beer after their talks (picture on wall). Great pub
4. Plenty of football stadiums to visit
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 12:11 - Jan 17 with 2624 viewspikeypaul

Do not use taxis
Do not use currency exchange,use ATM card halifax clarity card no fees whatsoever,ensuring you DO NOT accept conversion (dynamic currency conversion) you'll pay 6% more if you do.
Visit Ferdinand bar/restaurant great beer and food at a good price.
Use YouTube to research the many pitfalls and find the hidden gems of Prague.
Janek rubes does some great vlogs under the name honest guide Prague on YouTube and stream.cz international
loads of great advice there.Get to Zizkov for some very cheap and good beer around £1 a pint.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 12:30]

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 12:30 - Jan 17 with 2595 viewsKGriz16

Cheers for the advice gents. Hoping to catch a Sparta Prague match too as we're in an apartment in Prague 1, over the river then is the Generali Stadium.

Just looking to get that Prague experience. I think there's about 4/5 of us heading there so far. Really looking forward to it, love Czech lager.
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 13:08 - Jan 17 with 2551 viewsCooperman

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 11:52 - Jan 17 by yeoviljackb

1. Get tram up the hill past the castle to Strahov Monastic brewery for lunch and some magnificent beer then work your way down the hill visiting as many of the small pubs on route back to Charles Bridge and main square. You'll pass the Castle etc on way down if you want to visit. Great way to spend a day seeing some sights but getting plenty of beer in
2. Take a brewery tour
3. Visit Zlatko Tygra (Golden Tiger) pub - just off the main square. Frequented by locals and consists of wooden benches, sharing tables and one beer tap. President Havel took President Clinton here for a beer after their talks (picture on wall). Great pub
4. Plenty of football stadiums to visit

I concur about #1.

Another place for grub, get yourself to Mlejnice which is just off the main square. One of the most hearty meals that I've ever had (goulash served inside a hollowed loaf of bread).

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 13:53 - Jan 17 with 2521 viewsAustinIsOurHero

was there just before Christmas.

Lovely place, Charles Bridge & the Castle is very picturesque.

Beer is stupidly cheap - 80p per pint. Use the public trams - you're meant to buy a ticket & validate it each time, but we just hopped on & off - no one checks.

If you get a chance, try a train to Chesky Budejovice - It's where the Budvar brewery is.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 13:59 - Jan 17 with 2512 viewsdailew

Watched Everton v Swansea in the Lion and Ball. They'll reserve a table and screen for you if you ask.

Went to see Sparta Prague as well. €10 on the day. It was a cold day and I was worried I hadn't dressed warmly enough but they had electric heaters above you on the stand.

Shame Dukla Prague weren't playing. Would have liked to buy their away kit.

Beer was a couple of quid. Worst thing was very hard to find a non-smoking place. Especially late on.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 15:01 - Jan 17 with 2464 viewscontroversial_jack

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 13:59 - Jan 17 by dailew

Watched Everton v Swansea in the Lion and Ball. They'll reserve a table and screen for you if you ask.

Went to see Sparta Prague as well. €10 on the day. It was a cold day and I was worried I hadn't dressed warmly enough but they had electric heaters above you on the stand.

Shame Dukla Prague weren't playing. Would have liked to buy their away kit.

Beer was a couple of quid. Worst thing was very hard to find a non-smoking place. Especially late on.

The lion and Ball is great, not to be confused with the red lion which is a rip off
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 16:35 - Jan 17 with 2427 viewsbritferry

Pay a visit to the castle, take the tram up, you can walk thru for free and then walk back down to King Charles bridge

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 17:17 - Jan 17 with 2407 viewsDyfnant

He's going on a stag do ffs. Get in the nearest 'night club' to your hotel in Zone 1 & pay for the stag to fook the resident dwarf

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 18:38 - Jan 17 with 2348 viewsJethroJack

Brilliant City, visited monthly for work throughout the 90's (not long after Vaclav Havel's Velvet Revolution in '89) and early 2000's and twice since for short holiday breaks. Cheap quality beer, decent food, good music and......👌
[Post edited 17 Jan 2017 18:40]
Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:35 - Jan 17 with 2310 viewstaffpunk

There are still certain Pubs where it's less than 50p a pint, just a mile outside the City center, but they are becoming fewer. If you drink in the centre, expect to pay £3+ a pint. Myself and Mrs TP have been there 3 times, it's a great City to visit for the sights, food and drink.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:56 - Jan 17 with 2284 viewsBanosswan

Don't forget a visit to the sex park.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 20:11 - Jan 17 with 2273 viewscontroversial_jack

Prague beer prices for mate's stag do on 19:35 - Jan 17 by taffpunk

There are still certain Pubs where it's less than 50p a pint, just a mile outside the City center, but they are becoming fewer. If you drink in the centre, expect to pay £3+ a pint. Myself and Mrs TP have been there 3 times, it's a great City to visit for the sights, food and drink.

I've never paid £3 a pint even in the centre. Average beer price last year was about £1.30. but it will be more now as the pound is f"cked
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024