Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again 13:58 - Apr 28 with 3133 viewsSwaneeRiver

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/LEIGHTON-JAMES-COLUMN-Francesco-Guidolin
He suggests Guidolin should be given the job permanently and blames the dip in form on the uncertainty over who will be the manager.
Sorry, but I don't buy that. The reason we lost so badly in the last two matches was because of poor attitude from the players and poor tactics from the manager. Whether he'd had the job permanently or not, IMO those two aspects would have been the same
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 14:34 - Apr 28 with 3048 viewsymaohyd

I agree with him that the situation should be clarified now. To say that the decision/statement will be made after the Man City game is utterly ridiculous.

If the decision has been made that Guidolin won't continue I don't see any harm in making that statement now, I don't see it as being disrespectful at all. Thank him for his efforts, etc, he's only on a short term contract, he's got the club over the 40 point mark, his CV is stronger, every one's happy.

To continue with this charade is more disrespectful. If on the other hand the club see him leading us into next season then again make it public. It never works out for the best the way the club are dealing with things.

Be honest, make it public, everyone knows what's going on....move on.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 14:42 - Apr 28 with 3030 viewsLoyal

Can you imagine these lazy fcks who wear our clubs couloirs getting away with this if Bielsa was in charge.

So as the management can't deal with it then it's time for the fans to let them know.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 14:53 - Apr 28 with 2998 viewsmonmouth

I think they will try a lot harder in this game after the last two. They have nothing in the goodwill bank at the moment.

We're generally half hearted gash in the last two games, so I suspect WHam will be like Palace last season (with a bigger defeat, cos Bilic aint letting anyone away with half trying) and ManC will be like a pre season friendly unless they need a win for top 4, in which case they'll stick our diamond where the sun don't shine.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 14:56 - Apr 28 with 2982 viewstomdickharry

The whole direction of the club will be determined as soon as we are mathematically safe,once that has been achieved think there will be swift movement on both fronts manager/share ownership. By that time all parties involved in the decision making process should have made up their mind what they are going to do.
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 15:08 - Apr 28 with 2942 viewssP7qupUf

FG cannot be held responsible for our captain passing to their players or the inability of our players to mark tightly at corners. He has inherited a squad which is not his and was charged with keeping us in the league. He has done so. I would like to see him given an opportunity to bring in his own players who can play in the style which he favours. At present, he is having to work with what he has. Wrong tools in the box, a bricky with saws and chisels!!
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 15:22 - Apr 28 with 2895 viewsjack247

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 15:08 - Apr 28 by sP7qupUf

FG cannot be held responsible for our captain passing to their players or the inability of our players to mark tightly at corners. He has inherited a squad which is not his and was charged with keeping us in the league. He has done so. I would like to see him given an opportunity to bring in his own players who can play in the style which he favours. At present, he is having to work with what he has. Wrong tools in the box, a bricky with saws and chisels!!

Yep. We actually started the Leicester game pretty well. You just can't legislate for the kind of howler that led to the first goal. Once the second went in it was game over.

The biggest problem with the way he set out was that there was a pretty decent chance Leicester were going to score early, the starting eleven weren't really the best players for chasing a game, particularly against a team that is lightning on the counter.

Agree with the comment above thiough, if we have made our mind up one way or the other on FG, let's either put out a statement backing him or thanking him for his time. Whoever is going to manage us next season needs to be in place as early as possible.
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 16:28 - Apr 28 with 2787 viewsAngelRangelQS

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 15:22 - Apr 28 by jack247

Yep. We actually started the Leicester game pretty well. You just can't legislate for the kind of howler that led to the first goal. Once the second went in it was game over.

The biggest problem with the way he set out was that there was a pretty decent chance Leicester were going to score early, the starting eleven weren't really the best players for chasing a game, particularly against a team that is lightning on the counter.

Agree with the comment above thiough, if we have made our mind up one way or the other on FG, let's either put out a statement backing him or thanking him for his time. Whoever is going to manage us next season needs to be in place as early as possible.

Uncertainty, hesitating, leaving a manager in a position where he doesn't know whether he has a job or not... It's like the Monk scenario all over again
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 16:33 - Apr 28 with 2774 viewsOldjack

I'm just hoping we're actually gonna have a season without any major disruptions ,but with those Yanks at the helm ,will this be possible?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 16:51 - Apr 28 with 2730 viewsjack247

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 16:28 - Apr 28 by AngelRangelQS

Uncertainty, hesitating, leaving a manager in a position where he doesn't know whether he has a job or not... It's like the Monk scenario all over again

Whoever comes in, or if Frankie stays the one thing we absolutely cannot afford is another debacle like we had at Christmas time dragging through the summer.
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 17:06 - Apr 28 with 2694 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 14:42 - Apr 28 by Loyal

Can you imagine these lazy fcks who wear our clubs couloirs getting away with this if Bielsa was in charge.

So as the management can't deal with it then it's time for the fans to let them know.

Dream on, what exactly do you think Bielsa could do at this stage of the season.
Dock them some pay?
Drop them?
Monk couldn't control them, Mouhino couldn't control Chelsea, when the team are gone, for whatever reason they're gone.
The only ones who can bring them back are the players themselves.
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 18:24 - Apr 28 with 2556 viewsDavillin

With regard to the "auxiliary thread subject" -- when to make a public statement of whether Guidolin will stay or go -- it seems that no-one has suggested that perhaps that decision has not yet been made, as Huw Jenkins has implied, if not specifically stated.

What bothers me is that it might have been made because of the Yanks. That could mean no sale certain yet, or that the Yanks are making the decision on Guidolin and are considering other managers. If the latter is the case, Swansea City Football Club as we have known and loved it is as good as gone.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 19:07 - Apr 28 with 2492 viewsGowerjack

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 18:24 - Apr 28 by Davillin

With regard to the "auxiliary thread subject" -- when to make a public statement of whether Guidolin will stay or go -- it seems that no-one has suggested that perhaps that decision has not yet been made, as Huw Jenkins has implied, if not specifically stated.

What bothers me is that it might have been made because of the Yanks. That could mean no sale certain yet, or that the Yanks are making the decision on Guidolin and are considering other managers. If the latter is the case, Swansea City Football Club as we have known and loved it is as good as gone.

The club I grew up with and love was as good as gone at 4.45 on May 30th 2011.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 19:09 - Apr 28 with 2487 viewsmonmouth

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 19:07 - Apr 28 by Gowerjack

The club I grew up with and love was as good as gone at 4.45 on May 30th 2011.

Earlier for me (in retrospect) - when the hypothecation of trust subs was removed from the season ticket price.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 20:29 - Apr 28 with 2335 viewslonglostjack

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 18:24 - Apr 28 by Davillin

Perhaps Brendan's remuneration package and transfer budget are also dependent on the US "investors" clinching the takeover. If there is no takeover there would be no need for the added PR effect of a new manager.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 20:31 - Apr 28 with 2325 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 15:08 - Apr 28 by sP7qupUf

7 up arrows now. I felt I was the only one who still supported FG. Very refreshing ;-). Leighton is right.
FG inherited a poor team. Not necessarily in quality but a a squad suffering from players being signed that did not suit the style of play, we're not given a chance and shipped out, or duplicated what we already had. Our midfield is a complete disaster. Big problems for a passing team.
Academic however as I think he is as good as gone.
If he still has the management bug after leaving us then we may very well realise later that a very old baby went out with the bathwater.........
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 20:32]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 20:34 - Apr 28 with 2309 viewsDarran

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 20:31 - Apr 28 by Private_Partz

7 up arrows now. I felt I was the only one who still supported FG. Very refreshing ;-). Leighton is right.
FG inherited a poor team. Not necessarily in quality but a a squad suffering from players being signed that did not suit the style of play, we're not given a chance and shipped out, or duplicated what we already had. Our midfield is a complete disaster. Big problems for a passing team.
Academic however as I think he is as good as gone.
If he still has the management bug after leaving us then we may very well realise later that a very old baby went out with the bathwater.........
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 20:32]

Yeah a bit like your beloved Michael went out with the bath water.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 21:07 - Apr 28 with 2231 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 20:34 - Apr 28 by Darran

Yeah a bit like your beloved Michael went out with the bath water.

Indeed, hasty decisions without looking at the bigger picture ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 22:00 - Apr 28 with 2123 viewsItchySphincter

I feel a bit sorry that we might probably never see what FG could do for us under better circumstances. At the very least he should be thanked and held in high regard by the club and fans for his achievements in his short time here. Another good choice from the board for the job in hand and he's achieved something the likes of Remi Garde and Rafa Benitez haven't yet under similar circumstances.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 11:14 - Apr 30 with 1741 viewsPegojack

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 22:00 - Apr 28 by ItchySphincter

I feel a bit sorry that we might probably never see what FG could do for us under better circumstances. At the very least he should be thanked and held in high regard by the club and fans for his achievements in his short time here. Another good choice from the board for the job in hand and he's achieved something the likes of Remi Garde and Rafa Benitez haven't yet under similar circumstances.

With no small assistance from a Mr A Curtis....
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 11:39 - Apr 30 with 1706 viewsStarsky

I believe if Curtis was left in charge without Guidolin's arrival, we would still be fighting relegation with the Geordies.
I also believe we'd be in the relegation mix if Guidolin had been here without Curtis.
Between the 2 of them, they have managed to pull it off.

However I prefer a manager with passion and no crazy talk.

That rules out Guidolin. Particularly after his post match press interview after the Leicester game.

It's just the internet, init.

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 17:28 - Apr 30 with 1607 viewsdougie

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 19:09 - Apr 28 by monmouth

Earlier for me (in retrospect) - when the hypothecation of trust subs was removed from the season ticket price.

That was 10 odd years ago wasn't it ? If my memory serves me right only once did the trust receive money from the club by means of £5 from every season ticket as membership fees. That was the first or second year of the trusts involvement. The money was then put back into the club for shares. Dineen got it through as he was the trust rep at the time but one or two shareholders were never happy that effectively the club paid £5 per season ticket money to the trust who then bought shares with it. It stopped the following year. After that I think st became trust members but no money came from the club. I might be wrong but that's what I remember.
Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 17:51 - May 2 with 1438 viewsStarsky

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 17:28 - Apr 30 by dougie

That was 10 odd years ago wasn't it ? If my memory serves me right only once did the trust receive money from the club by means of £5 from every season ticket as membership fees. That was the first or second year of the trusts involvement. The money was then put back into the club for shares. Dineen got it through as he was the trust rep at the time but one or two shareholders were never happy that effectively the club paid £5 per season ticket money to the trust who then bought shares with it. It stopped the following year. After that I think st became trust members but no money came from the club. I might be wrong but that's what I remember.

Yep.
And I also remember the board were very slow giving the money to the trust.

It's just the internet, init.

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 18:33 - May 3 with 1291 viewslonglostjack

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 11:39 - Apr 30 by Starsky

I believe if Curtis was left in charge without Guidolin's arrival, we would still be fighting relegation with the Geordies.
I also believe we'd be in the relegation mix if Guidolin had been here without Curtis.
Between the 2 of them, they have managed to pull it off.

However I prefer a manager with passion and no crazy talk.

That rules out Guidolin. Particularly after his post match press interview after the Leicester game.

Klopp is already taken. I'd be happy to see Guidolin continue with Curts alongside.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Sorry Leighton - You're wrong again on 19:50 - May 3 with 1200 viewsTrundle10

me too it is a keep from me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024