Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? 18:44 - Apr 28 with 4514 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

I remember being at Anfield when Bill Shankly had just passed away; you could hear a pin drop when all of a sudden some morons started shouting abuse in the middle of it and all hell broke loose.

There was riots after the game when fighting broke out all around the ground; I was driving my "Morris Brothers Of Swansea" mini bus when Liverpool fans surrounded us, it was scary as heck.

Now, every time that a match has a minutes silence, I always fear that things like this could happen again.

I'm in favour of applauding, what's your views?
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 18:50 - Apr 28 with 3222 viewspikeypaul

I was there also no one was shouting inside,the noise was from outside from fans who did not know a minutes silence was taking place.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 18:52 - Apr 28 with 3210 viewsOldjack

I heard it's gonna be a minutes applause

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 18:53 - Apr 28 with 3208 viewsmonmouth

Yes applause because you simply cant trust half pissed ill educated cretins, of which the odds are there'll be quite a few around in the ground, to not do something unbearably stupid.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 18:55 - Apr 28 with 3202 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 18:50 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

I was there also no one was shouting inside,the noise was from outside from fans who did not know a minutes silence was taking place.

I haven't mentioned anything about it being "inside or out" of the ground, read it again.
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:07 - Apr 28 with 3166 viewsmonmouth

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 18:50 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

Now, my memory isn't by any means the greatest so I'm not saying that you are wrong, but from what I recall, actually there was. The pissed idiot that shouted was stood within 20 feet of me and started chanting "Shankly's dead" to the 'tune' of "Here we Go".
Then there was the noise of people shutting him up. There was also noise from outside, but the Liverpool fans also responded to the commotion with "You're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in".
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 19:33]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:17 - Apr 28 with 3140 viewsBigPhilG

Neither for me.

Leave it up to Liverpool FC to conduct their own mark of respect in their next home game
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:20 - Apr 28 with 3127 viewsFlashberryjack

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:07 - Apr 28 by monmouth

Now, my memory isn't by any means the greatest so I'm not saying that you are wrong, but from what I recall, actually there was. The pissed idiot that shouted was stood within 20 feet of me and started chanting "Shankly's dead" to the 'tune' of "Here we Go".
Then there was the noise of people shutting him up. There was also noise from outside, but the Liverpool fans also responded to the commotion with "You're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in".

Strange how time erodes memories, I was also there that day, and I could have sworn the the idiot shouted "Burn the bastard" during the minutes silence for Shankley, from inside the ground.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 19:21]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:23 - Apr 28 with 3112 viewsGowerjack

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:17 - Apr 28 by BigPhilG

Neither for me.

Leave it up to Liverpool FC to conduct their own mark of respect in their next home game

#prayfor6minuitesinjurytime

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Login to get fewer ads

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:25 - Apr 28 with 3106 viewsJackfath

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:17 - Apr 28 by BigPhilG

Neither for me.

This whilst it is tragic etc etc I am there to watch my team play football. Not pretend I am emotionally involved enough to sing a song, or clap or anything really.

Sorry if this offends.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:26 - Apr 28 with 3104 viewsGowerjack

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:25 - Apr 28 by Jackfath

This whilst it is tragic etc etc I am there to watch my team play football. Not pretend I am emotionally involved enough to sing a song, or clap or anything really.

Sorry if this offends.

Yep.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:49 - Apr 28 with 3044 viewspikeypaul

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 18:55 - Apr 28 by alwaysblackandwhite

I haven't mentioned anything about it being "inside or out" of the ground, read it again.

You said "some moron started shouting abuse" that obviously implies inside the ground knowing the minutes silence was taking place.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:52 - Apr 28 with 3036 viewsOldjack

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10260809/liverpool-and-swansea-to-h

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:59 - Apr 28 with 3016 viewsexiledclaseboy

I'm not sure why we have to have either. I'm pleased that the families of the 96 finally have justice and the truth and that the lies that dogged this tragedy for nearly 30 years have finally been exposed. Despite many people, not least some on here, continuing to perpetuate the lies and smears. But I've no idea why we have to do this. Liverpool as a city has already done an excellent job of marking this week's momentous and long overdue events and the club has two home games of its own next week at which it can do its own tribute.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2016 20:02]

Poll: Tory leader

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:01 - Apr 28 with 3012 viewscockneyswan

Personally I would prefer silence, however as shown by many morons on this site it's unlikely to be properly observed so applause should be the option. I just hope whatever is decided our fans show some class and do not spoil any tributes, the world will be watching.
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:09 - Apr 28 with 2983 viewsdailew

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:20 - Apr 28 by Flashberryjack

Strange how time erodes memories, I was also there that day, and I could have sworn the the idiot shouted "Burn the bastard" during the minutes silence for Shankley, from inside the ground.

Yup. I was there and the shout came from the terrace not far from me.

Then there was silence just for the time it took for the sound to reach the Kop and then the sound of huge concerted roar of "You're going to get you're effing heads kicked in" to reach us.

Never known such a crush. Watched the whole game over my shoulder as i was wedged in sideways. As someone alluded to in another post you just wrongly took it for granted you were safe.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:15 - Apr 28 with 2958 viewssherpajacob

How many minutes silence/ applause have we had over the years for Hillsborough?

Genuine question . We had something when we played brendas Liverpool a few years back.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:34 - Apr 28 with 2921 viewsGeoffThom

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:20 - Apr 28 by Flashberryjack

I was also there and that's what was shouted, but I couldn't tell you if it was in our out, we were all crushed on the anfield Rd end with about 5.000 locked out, so a lot weren't happy plus tosh upset a lot with his top antic and yes there was murders after with the scousers all over Stanley Park, the bastards were attacking nippers as well
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:45 - Apr 28 with 2887 viewscrackerjack

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:07 - Apr 28 by monmouth

This is exactly how I remember it.... scary as hell watching the whole Kop surge forward trying to get onto the pitch to run at us! Thank God they didn't manage it. I remember pegging it across Stanley Park after the game to get to where we'd parked the car absolutely shitting ourselves

"Lead me from tortured dreams Childhood themes of nights alone...."

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:47 - Apr 28 with 2883 viewsalwaysblackandwhite

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 19:49 - Apr 28 by pikeypaul

You said "some moron started shouting abuse" that obviously implies inside the ground knowing the minutes silence was taking place.

It doesn't imply anything at all, the moron could have been on the moon for all we know but his voice could clearly be heard by everyone in the ground.

I was at the Liberty a couple of years ago when again the crowd were in the process of a minutes silence when the away fans entered the stadium chanting their songs, little did they know that the rest of the ground were in complete silence.
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 21:07 - Apr 28 with 2824 viewsBigPhilG

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:47 - Apr 28 by alwaysblackandwhite

It doesn't imply anything at all, the moron could have been on the moon for all we know but his voice could clearly be heard by everyone in the ground.

I was at the Liberty a couple of years ago when again the crowd were in the process of a minutes silence when the away fans entered the stadium chanting their songs, little did they know that the rest of the ground were in complete silence.

That was West Brom when we were having a minutes silence for the miners and a youth player of theirs that had passed away
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 22:37 - Apr 28 with 2719 viewsdailew

Thought it was "Glad he's dead, Glad he's dead" he shouted.

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 00:14 - Apr 29 with 2639 viewsLoyal

The OP has got it all very wrong, this has been covered by people who were there on that day already. FFS, how much more on this.

Pin drop my arse.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 01:17 - Apr 29 with 2619 viewsRogerstone

I'm glad sky sports have cleared this up.

Oh wait. The Murdoch's own sky and the sun. Along with the times mmmm

"Gylfi's on fire, your defence is terrified!"

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 06:59 - Apr 29 with 2560 viewskarnataka

What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 20:09 - Apr 28 by dailew

Yup. I was there and the shout came from the terrace not far from me.

Then there was silence just for the time it took for the sound to reach the Kop and then the sound of huge concerted roar of "You're going to get you're effing heads kicked in" to reach us.

Never known such a crush. Watched the whole game over my shoulder as i was wedged in sideways. As someone alluded to in another post you just wrongly took it for granted you were safe.

Yup, that pretty much sums up my recollections of the day too. The crush on the terrace was scary, could have been some casualties if there had been a rush, maybe not on Hillsborough scale but would have been bad enough.

I was living with a Liverpool girl in those days and she was in the Kop with her brother and we were staying the weekend with her folks. Don't remember talking much after the game until we got back home to Surrey and life got back to normal. A bit of an emotional rollercoaster.
What's best...a minutes silence or a minutes applause? on 07:07 - Apr 29 with 2539 viewsWxmJax

It was definitely someone inside the ground who shouted, followed by lots of shushing and then an almighty roar from the kop. Awful atmosphere after that.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024