Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff City bullshit thread 10:34 - Apr 30 with 14223 viewsLoyal

Put it all in here, the lies they tell, the stories they make up, the colouring book fictional sales, the chap who follows England squirming in the street, the juvenile record player in a world of his own. Yes, your opportunity to contribute to the real stories about the myth down the road.

Fill ones boots 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:04 - Apr 30 with 2050 viewsjohnlangy

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 16:55 - Apr 30 by sherpajacob

Cardiff City can achieve 'something special', says boss Russell Slade - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36175513

I think 3-0 is pretty special don't you think.
The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:11 - Apr 30 with 2010 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 16:57 - Apr 30 by sherpajacob

Dave Jones: No fear for Cardiff City at Sheffield Wednesday - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36134627

Jones reckons their previous play off experience will give them the edge?
They failed every time didn't they????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:12 - Apr 30 with 2000 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 16:55 - Apr 30 by sherpajacob

Cardiff City can achieve 'something special', says boss Russell Slade - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36175513

Yes. For us !

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:13 - Apr 30 with 1998 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:11 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

He's still a complete arsehole then. Nice to know.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:15 - Apr 30 with 1987 viewsblueytheblue

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:11 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Nope, beat QPR in a playoff final.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:16 - Apr 30 with 1984 viewsChrisSCFC

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:15 - Apr 30 by blueytheblue

Well done mate.
The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:17 - Apr 30 with 1970 viewsLoyal

League 1 ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:18 - Apr 30 with 1964 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I was thinking more along the lines of the championship play offs bluey. Today you came unstuck because you couldn't find the addresses of the entire SW squad and set all their fire alarms off at three in the morning

Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:29 - Apr 30 with 1926 viewsGixerJack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 12:58 - Apr 30 by Dewi1jack

Can't even work out simple mathS

"City have officially sold 1,010 tickets including 50 comps."

Comps by the very nature of the word complimentary are not sold.
So our illustrious cousins, a team who are bigger than Barcelona, have sold UNDER 1000 tickets out of a possible 4,000, for a match that could put them back in the play off frame.

Most of their "fans" are on our ticket thread after Liverpool tickets.
Although, they couldn't sell out their allocation against Liverpool in the cup that we won.

Maybe they've decided as a club it's better never to get back to Wemberlee at all.

It could be that the people that got given the comps couldn't be arsed to go so sold their tickets so technically they were sold as well.."..

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:30 - Apr 30 with 1923 viewsblueytheblue

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:18 - Apr 30 by Brynmill_Jack

I was thinking more along the lines of the championship play offs bluey. Today you came unstuck because you couldn't find the addresses of the entire SW squad and set all their fire alarms off at three in the morning

You didn't specify that though... need to be precise :p

We came unstuck due to missing Immers through injury and lacking a striker. Did play some nice stuff at times, lacked anything up front.

May as well put some Academy players in versus Birmingham, see what they can do - Harris has been decent, thinking more of Kennedy, O'Sullivan and Tutonda. Maybe even give Declan John a game.

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:30 - Apr 30 with 1921 viewsSgorioFruit

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 16:43 - Apr 30 by Jack1

In fairness I think they've over achieved this season. I thought they'd have been mid-table and playing for nothing a long time ago. Slade deserves credit for keeping them in touch with the top 6 for so long. They'll have to sell players to keep the books balanced next season and with the dwindling support I don't think they'll come this close to the top 6 for a while.... not that's a bad thing mind! ☺

i too think that this was their only chance, albeit a slim chance but a chance to have a crack at the play offs.

It is going to be one tough league next season for them.

what a shame

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:32 - Apr 30 with 1905 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

They will go down next season

Lump on

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:34 - Apr 30 with 1899 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:30 - Apr 30 by SgorioFruit

i too think that this was their only chance, albeit a slim chance but a chance to have a crack at the play offs.

It is going to be one tough league next season for them.

what a shame

And a tough league one the next - (hits cymbals)

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:35 - Apr 30 with 1895 viewsblueytheblue

Long time till the end of next season, bit silly to claim we'll go down, hmm? I can see you ridiculing any statement we made of "not going down next season".

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:58 - Apr 30 with 1830 viewsDaggyjack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:30 - Apr 30 by blueytheblue

You didn't specify that though... need to be precise :p

We came unstuck due to missing Immers through injury and lacking a striker. Did play some nice stuff at times, lacked anything up front.

May as well put some Academy players in versus Birmingham, see what they can do - Harris has been decent, thinking more of Kennedy, O'Sullivan and Tutonda. Maybe even give Declan John a game.

Yes, you came unstuck missing Immers, a striker and being a god damn awful side throughout most of the season. Even Jason Perry couldn't understand how a side as poor as CCFC could be 7th, so definite over achievement this season.

More high wage earners off the bill in the summer and a downward plummet I would think next season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2016 18:00]
The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:05 - Apr 30 with 1771 viewsunion_jack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:35 - Apr 30 by blueytheblue

Long time till the end of next season, bit silly to claim we'll go down, hmm? I can see you ridiculing any statement we made of "not going down next season".

Don't spoil the fun Bluey. It's more in hope than expectation.

That said, if you can't buy any players or worse still have to off load some due to financial constraints, them you will struggle. Newcastle/Sunderland/Norwich will have an embarrassment of riches in comparison. Doesn't your parachute payment run out this season or next?

Anyway, better than I imagined to be fair.Slade getting a hammering on phone-in which from an outsider point if view is unfair. However, lots not in the know felt Monk's sacking was premature!!.,

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:08 - Apr 30 with 1762 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:35 - Apr 30 by blueytheblue

Nah bluey i was only spotting the possibility of a play on words. If you keep Slade you won't go down. As you have pointed out he's worked a near miracle with little or no resources this season.

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:15 - Apr 30 with 1734 viewsblueytheblue

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 17:58 - Apr 30 by Daggyjack

Yes, you came unstuck missing Immers, a striker and being a god damn awful side throughout most of the season. Even Jason Perry couldn't understand how a side as poor as CCFC could be 7th, so definite over achievement this season.

More high wage earners off the bill in the summer and a downward plummet I would think next season.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2016 18:00]

Problem is, most of the media and misguided idiot fans believed it was always magically a top six squad that should romp away. Which was utter bollocks.

Those fools believe a squad can and should be revamped instantly into world beaters.

Slade has had to go through turmoil for most of this season - Kenwyn was on high wages and whilst he *could* be a force on the pitch ( mostly defending set pieces ) running with pace was hardly his thing. Add in a few players going through the motions....

Slade has done a bloody good job establishing a spine. Fools who criticised his signing of O'Keefe now realise he's a ball winning midfielder, an upgrade on Gunnarsson. This squad still has hole, still has areas of improvement.

We've cut a lot of players off the wage bill this season. Financial benefits of that should be visible in future seasons. Can we get rid of others? Sure. If someone offers money for Marshall, I don't think Moore is that much of a downgrade in goals. Fabio can go regardless - fan favourite for those who ignore his poor positional play. Velikonja will be out of contract and off the books, Kiss too. Lewis can go too, Adeyemi, LeFondre, Doyle, Macheda, Dikgacoi. If we can sell Gunnarsson, if an offer comes in for Manga... we can reduce the wage bill pretty much without overly weakening the squad there.

What we need to do, starting with the final game of the season is look at the Academy / DVP players. Semi Ajayi, Oshilaja, Kennedy, Harris, O'Sullivan, John, Tutonda, Healey et al. See what we have there even if it is only depth.

What we do need is a striker capable of double figures a season minimum.

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:19 - Apr 30 with 1723 viewsblueytheblue

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:05 - Apr 30 by union_jack

Don't spoil the fun Bluey. It's more in hope than expectation.

That said, if you can't buy any players or worse still have to off load some due to financial constraints, them you will struggle. Newcastle/Sunderland/Norwich will have an embarrassment of riches in comparison. Doesn't your parachute payment run out this season or next?

Anyway, better than I imagined to be fair.Slade getting a hammering on phone-in which from an outsider point if view is unfair. However, lots not in the know felt Monk's sacking was premature!!.,

We've already cut the squad due to FFP - well that and having had 38 first team squad members...

As I posted previously, there's another raft of players who can go via transfer, mutual termination of contract or whose contracts are expiring and won't be renewed which will lower the wage bill without overly affecting the first team. Only two first teamers who would have an impact would be Marshall and Manga.

Can't remember when the parachute payments go. It may end this season. We've cut enough players that the wage bill may be under control or at least losses now within FFP limit.

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:36 - Apr 30 with 1693 viewsjack_lord

Was that the one where the fire alarm mysteriously went off in the middle of the night where the QPR players were all awoken for the fire drill?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:40 - Apr 30 with 1682 viewsblueytheblue

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:36 - Apr 30 by jack_lord

Was that the one where the fire alarm mysteriously went off in the middle of the night where the QPR players were all awoken for the fire drill?

I believe so.

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:42 - Apr 30 with 1669 viewsDaggyjack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:15 - Apr 30 by blueytheblue

Problem is, most of the media and misguided idiot fans believed it was always magically a top six squad that should romp away. Which was utter bollocks.

Those fools believe a squad can and should be revamped instantly into world beaters.

Slade has had to go through turmoil for most of this season - Kenwyn was on high wages and whilst he *could* be a force on the pitch ( mostly defending set pieces ) running with pace was hardly his thing. Add in a few players going through the motions....

Slade has done a bloody good job establishing a spine. Fools who criticised his signing of O'Keefe now realise he's a ball winning midfielder, an upgrade on Gunnarsson. This squad still has hole, still has areas of improvement.

We've cut a lot of players off the wage bill this season. Financial benefits of that should be visible in future seasons. Can we get rid of others? Sure. If someone offers money for Marshall, I don't think Moore is that much of a downgrade in goals. Fabio can go regardless - fan favourite for those who ignore his poor positional play. Velikonja will be out of contract and off the books, Kiss too. Lewis can go too, Adeyemi, LeFondre, Doyle, Macheda, Dikgacoi. If we can sell Gunnarsson, if an offer comes in for Manga... we can reduce the wage bill pretty much without overly weakening the squad there.

What we need to do, starting with the final game of the season is look at the Academy / DVP players. Semi Ajayi, Oshilaja, Kennedy, Harris, O'Sullivan, John, Tutonda, Healey et al. See what we have there even if it is only depth.

What we do need is a striker capable of double figures a season minimum.

Agree Bluey, I think Slade overachieved but may struggle further next season with a further reduced budget.
At least you're realistic about how this season went and the future, unlike some of the idiots on the phone in,....think youth is the way forward for you unless things change with Tan.
Things aren't great down here too, we've got our own issues to address this close season.
The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:42 - Apr 30 with 1669 viewsunion_jack

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:40 - Apr 30 by blueytheblue

I believe so.

No one will ever know how much of an effect that had but if the adrenalin running through their bodies didn't counteract that I'd be surprised.

Of course, I'd like to think it was the reason they lost!!!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2016 18:43]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:43 - Apr 30 with 1663 viewsjack_lord

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:40 - Apr 30 by blueytheblue

I believe so.

I wonder if that had any affect on the players and a net effect of Cardiff winning the play off that otherwise would have gone the other way.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:44 - Apr 30 with 1661 viewsblueytheblue

The Cardiff City bullshit thread on 18:43 - Apr 30 by jack_lord

I wonder if that had any affect on the players and a net effect of Cardiff winning the play off that otherwise would have gone the other way.

Nah, QPR played well that day, at times we were hanging on.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024