Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido for next season 16:32 - May 1 with 12338 viewscockneyswan

I think Guidolin must be given the chance to continue as our manager. He has done everything that has been asked of him ( kept us up). After today's performance I believe he must be offered the job for next season.
Guido for next season on 19:59 - May 2 with 1093 viewsjackrabbit

Guido for next season on 19:07 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I think some eager to get rid are missing out on a huge plus the FG has in his favour - he can sign players cheaply and develop them into very good players. I'm surprised Huw hasn't even taken that into consideration. Withing a year or two we could be a completely refreshed club with saleable assets once more.

Excellent point and one which puts him ahead of Rodgers. Does Rodgers have any clout left with Liverpool? Or Chelsea? I doubt it, so where would he look to find the sort of players Swansea need? - i.e. not silly money. Would he have to use the same scouting team that brought us Eder and Gomis?

In contrast Guidelin must have shedloads of contacts in Serie A. Vote 'remain', for Guidelin ( but not on June 23rd).
Guido for next season on 20:01 - May 2 with 1079 viewsAngelRangelQS

Guido for next season on 19:21 - May 2 by Davillin

Here's what you might have left off the end of your last sentence:

"And now he's walking away from Swansea laughing at having made his bundle the easy way."

But, of course, which he hasn't done.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 19:28]

Who said it was the easy way? He's come in, he's done a good job. We don't owe him an automatic role next season if the board feel there is a better candidate out there
Guido for next season on 20:04 - May 2 with 1057 viewsStarsky

Guido for next season on 20:01 - May 2 by AngelRangelQS

Who said it was the easy way? He's come in, he's done a good job. We don't owe him an automatic role next season if the board feel there is a better candidate out there

Oh no ARQS, it's very rude of us to make him wait an extra 2 games before reviewing the vacancy.
Planet swans demands he is made permanent now!

It's just the internet, init.

Guido for next season on 20:35 - May 2 with 1005 viewsscruffyjack

Guido for next season on 19:49 - May 2 by jackrabbit

"Baffled by the amount of people crying for Modou Barrow to come on when Liverpool just showed us that they can take it to a 1 goal game on a set piece. 2 goals were ours to lose and Jeff for Naughton proved effective in taking the pressure off Rangel whose side had been our weakest link all game."

From another website - another viewpoint. One I happen to agree with.

Oh right, so if a right back is a weak link in a particular match don't substitute him, bring another right back on to play in front of him, to sort of protect him? Really?
Some of the football philosophy spouted on this site beggars belief, l'm not coming on again.
Guido for next season on 20:44 - May 2 with 986 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 20:35 - May 2 by scruffyjack

Oh right, so if a right back is a weak link in a particular match don't substitute him, bring another right back on to play in front of him, to sort of protect him? Really?
Some of the football philosophy spouted on this site beggars belief, l'm not coming on again.

You can't see the logic in that? Montero was running on empty and we were 3-1 up. We could have brought Naughton on for Rangel and invited pressure down our left, or brought Barrow on for Montero, switched Routledge and still had a tiring right back without improving his protection.

It's not football philosophy spouted here, it's explaining what the manager did yesterday (during a win against Liverpool) to people who can't grasp it.
Guido for next season on 20:55 - May 2 with 955 viewsDr_Winston

Montero had been holding his hamstring for a bit. Most people around me thought he'd gone off injured.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guido for next season (n/t) on 20:59 - May 2 with 944 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guido for next season on 19:49 - May 2 by jackrabbit

"Baffled by the amount of people crying for Modou Barrow to come on when Liverpool just showed us that they can take it to a 1 goal game on a set piece. 2 goals were ours to lose and Jeff for Naughton proved effective in taking the pressure off Rangel whose side had been our weakest link all game."

From another website - another viewpoint. One I happen to agree with.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Guido for next season on 21:00 - May 2 with 938 viewsscruffyjack

Guido for next season on 20:44 - May 2 by jack247

You can't see the logic in that? Montero was running on empty and we were 3-1 up. We could have brought Naughton on for Rangel and invited pressure down our left, or brought Barrow on for Montero, switched Routledge and still had a tiring right back without improving his protection.

It's not football philosophy spouted here, it's explaining what the manager did yesterday (during a win against Liverpool) to people who can't grasp it.

For those who can't grasp it you are allowed more than one sub.
Login to get fewer ads

Guido for next season on 21:03 - May 2 with 932 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 21:00 - May 2 by scruffyjack

For those who can't grasp it you are allowed more than one sub.

You don't need to make two substitutions when one does exactly what you want.

If we were 3-1 down at the time you would have had a point.
Guido for next season on 21:09 - May 2 with 917 viewsmonmouth

I'm very happy with protecting a 3-1 lead over Liverpool anytime. I was at a lunch trying to watch the score sneakily on my phone on my lap. At 3-1, I'd have happily shouted 'shut up shop now' if it wouldn't have been quite rude.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guido for next season on 21:10 - May 2 with 928 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 21:09 - May 2 by monmouth

I'm very happy with protecting a 3-1 lead over Liverpool anytime. I was at a lunch trying to watch the score sneakily on my phone on my lap. At 3-1, I'd have happily shouted 'shut up shop now' if it wouldn't have been quite rude.

Is a sane, logical response.
Guido for next season on 21:16 - May 2 with 908 viewsscruffyjack

Guido for next season on 21:03 - May 2 by jack247

You don't need to make two substitutions when one does exactly what you want.

If we were 3-1 down at the time you would have had a point.

With one injured and one a "tired weak link" you wouldn't make more than one change? Two sets of fresh legs on, why wouldn't you do that?
Guido for next season on 21:24 - May 2 with 887 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 21:16 - May 2 by scruffyjack

With one injured and one a "tired weak link" you wouldn't make more than one change? Two sets of fresh legs on, why wouldn't you do that?

Because there were 20 minutes left, we were in control and we could easily have had another injury or needed to make another tactical change. As it happened, Smith got sent off a few minutes later which effectively killed the game off and we were able to 'waste' the final substitution right at the end.

I honestly don't get what the issue is here, we were 3-1 up and we made a defensive substitution to protect our lead.
Guido for next season on 21:24 - May 2 with 886 viewsjasper_T

Last season Monk brought Rangel on at right wing to protect leads. Guidolin's sub wasn't as barmy as that.
Guido for next season on 21:30 - May 2 with 850 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The substitution couldn't have worked better. Almost straight away Naughton tempted the lad into a rash challenge and Liverpool were down to 10.

Perfection.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Guido for next season on 23:15 - May 2 with 749 viewsDavillin

Guido for next season on 20:35 - May 2 by scruffyjack

Sorry you're not on here to read this, but it was not "the football philosophy spouted on this site," but more of the football philosophy of one of the top managers working today.

I'd have thought you knew that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024