Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido for next season 16:32 - May 1 with 12336 viewscockneyswan

I think Guidolin must be given the chance to continue as our manager. He has done everything that has been asked of him ( kept us up). After today's performance I believe he must be offered the job for next season.
Guido for next season on 16:34 - May 1 with 3926 viewsjack247

Agree with your first sentence, not with your second. Unfortunately.
Guido for next season on 16:35 - May 1 with 3923 viewsDarran

No he shouldn't we should go for the best option,

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guido for next season on 16:36 - May 1 with 3911 viewsLandore_Jack

Whatever happens, thank you Francesco. YJB!

#backtojack

Guido for next season on 16:37 - May 1 with 3886 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Guido for next season on 16:38 - May 1 with 3884 viewsDrGonzo

Sounds like you're wasting your breath and a decision has already been made.

Can't say I'm too bothered, don't think I could put up with the negativity in the long run.

Credit to him for what he's done though.
Guido for next season on 16:39 - May 1 with 3876 viewsBorojack

Guido for next season on 16:36 - May 1 by Landore_Jack

Whatever happens, thank you Francesco. YJB!

He has done a fantastic job but was always going to be a short term option.
The irony is though Brendan didnt back himself in January.
Personally I hope we look elsewhere.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Guido for next season on 16:39 - May 1 with 3876 viewsLandore_Jack

Guido for next season on 16:37 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

Thought that was a clever substitution. Naughton did well.

#backtojack

Guido for next season on 16:41 - May 1 with 3859 viewsCooperman

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

Same here. Barrow on for last 15 mins against a weak and tired full back could have brought even more goals. He had a second chance to get him on after the red card but didn't.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Login to get fewer ads

Guido for next season on 16:45 - May 1 with 3827 viewsTreforys_Jack

Guido for next season on 16:39 - May 1 by Landore_Jack

That's the 2nd time he's made that substitution, worked nicely both times. I'd have liked to see barrow on at some point as well though. Maybe instead of routs. FG and AC have done a sterling job for us to be fair even allowing for the Newcastle and Leicester debacles. Diolch Franco
Guido for next season on 16:49 - May 1 with 3806 viewsDr_Winston

Naughton is better going forward than he is defending so it's not that negative a sub.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guido for next season on 16:53 - May 1 with 3785 viewsjack247

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

We were 3-1 up against Liverpool with 20 minutes left. Seemed like a sensible option to me.
Guido for next season on 16:53 - May 1 with 3778 viewsWarwickHunt

Guido for next season on 16:39 - May 1 by Landore_Jack

Imagine the grief on here if we put attacking subs on and conceded a couple of late goals.

We won 3-1.
Guido for next season on 16:56 - May 1 with 3757 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have just watched Guidolin's after match press conference and he comes across as a very disappointed man.
When asked if he had spoken the HJ after the match he just shrugged and said why would I, we spoke before the match.
They pressed him about knowing anything about next season and him getting the job and he just shrugs, shakes his head sadly and says no.
They even had the bad manners to mention Rogers.

I am one of those in the keep him camp, he has done the job demanded of him and is bringing the best out of the team.
Guido for next season on 16:56 - May 1 with 3755 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Guido for next season on 16:53 - May 1 by jack247

We were 3-1 up against Liverpool with 20 minutes left. Seemed like a sensible option to me.

Spot on.

Any other manager would be given credit for that.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Guido for next season on 17:05 - May 1 with 3698 viewsTheKirkyLife

Liverpool littered with reserves. That really says it all.

Don't get me wrong, Franco has done the job but especially after Leicester and Newcastle I'm just not convinced. Best option available please, if that happens to be Guidolin so be it.
Guido for next season on 17:06 - May 1 with 3689 viewsLandore_Jack

Guido for next season on 16:56 - May 1 by A_Fans_Dad

I have just watched Guidolin's after match press conference and he comes across as a very disappointed man.
When asked if he had spoken the HJ after the match he just shrugged and said why would I, we spoke before the match.
They pressed him about knowing anything about next season and him getting the job and he just shrugs, shakes his head sadly and says no.

I am one of those in the keep him camp, he has done the job demanded of him and is bringing the best out of the team.

I think the writing is on the wall. Such a shame.

#backtojack

Guido for next season on 17:06 - May 1 with 3677 viewsDr_Winston

Guido for next season on 16:56 - May 1 by A_Fans_Dad

They've treated the club's supporters with contempt. Why would the manager who dug them out of the Monk created hole they made for themselves be any different?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guido for next season on 17:07 - May 1 with 3669 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 17:05 - May 1 by TheKirkyLife

Liverpool littered with reserves. That really says it all.

Don't get me wrong, Franco has done the job but especially after Leicester and Newcastle I'm just not convinced. Best option available please, if that happens to be Guidolin so be it.

He may be, he may not be.

What concerns me is if the rumours of Rodgers being a done deal for a while are true, we probably haven't even explored our best options.
Guido for next season on 17:07 - May 1 with 3665 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Guido for next season on 17:06 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

They've treated the club's supporters with contempt. Why would the manager who dug them out of the Monk created hole they made for themselves be any different?

Sadly true.
Guido for next season on 17:08 - May 1 with 3656 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Liverpool played the same team at Bournemouth recently between Europa league games and stuffed them 4 - 2.

You can only play what's in front of you and any team with Coutinho and Sturridge in attack is a handful.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Guido for next season on 17:11 - May 1 with 3631 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 17:07 - May 1 by jack247

He may be, he may not be.

What concerns me is if the rumours of Rodgers being a done deal for a while are true, we probably haven't even explored our best options.

Great post,Rodgers may do a good job but is he the best option?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guido for next season on 17:14 - May 1 with 3622 viewstomdickharry

Wonder who is advising the new owners to be which Manager to appoint.
Guido for next season on 17:21 - May 1 with 3559 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 17:11 - May 1 by Darran

Great post,Rodgers may do a good job but is he the best option?

I think he is a fairly safe pair of hands mate. He should pick up enough points to keep us up comfortably. The big name foreign coaches may be seen as more of a risk, even though they are more likely to take us to the next level, there is also a better chance it could go tits up.

Ive said loads of times, I'm in the Guidollin in camp. I'd guess the new owners will just want someone they are confident will keep us in the PL. I can understand that and can't really argue with it. My own viewpoint though is that with a few changes, our playing staff should be good enough anyway. I'd like to see Guidollin given the chance, if not, this is our best chance of attracting a highly rated young manager when the TV money is going up and there won't be many PL jobs on offer.
Guido for next season on 17:31 - May 1 with 3495 viewsAnotherJohn

I've got a bad feeling about Brendan. He has no track record of doing well in the Prem with limited resources. Our first season was a bit 'seat of the pants'. Guidolin has a better track record and also the balls to put his reputation on the line in a tricky situation. He's had his negative moments, but I think we'd see less of that with more of his own picks in the squad.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 18:28]
Guido for next season on 17:33 - May 1 with 3480 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guido for next season on 17:14 - May 1 by tomdickharry

Wonder who is advising the new owners to be which Manager to appoint.

I suspect it will be Huw. If indeed the new owners take over and Huw is kept on as is being suggested. It seems Huw does not want to keep Frankie on and there is a sizeable minority of supporters that want to see the back of him as well, if PS is anything to go by.
I tell you one thing though it will be plain embarrassing if we get between 4 and 6 points out of the last two as his record will be right up there with the best.
Unfortunately I think he will be a gonner regardless because all things Brendan will prevail.
I find it a shame as I would love to see us develope this pressing game and see where we go from there with the players FG would like to bring in.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024