Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido for next season 16:32 - May 1 with 12337 viewscockneyswan

I think Guidolin must be given the chance to continue as our manager. He has done everything that has been asked of him ( kept us up). After today's performance I believe he must be offered the job for next season.
Guido for next season on 17:34 - May 1 with 1881 viewsymaohyd

Guido for next season on 16:36 - May 1 by Landore_Jack

Whatever happens, thank you Francesco. YJB!

Indeed.

Whatever people think of the board at the moment or when they were touring South America looking for a new manager, a change was needed, it was made and we've stayed up.....job done.

Thanks Francesco, always be welcome but time to move on.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Guido for next season on 17:35 - May 1 with 1879 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 17:21 - May 1 by jack247

I think he is a fairly safe pair of hands mate. He should pick up enough points to keep us up comfortably. The big name foreign coaches may be seen as more of a risk, even though they are more likely to take us to the next level, there is also a better chance it could go tits up.

Ive said loads of times, I'm in the Guidollin in camp. I'd guess the new owners will just want someone they are confident will keep us in the PL. I can understand that and can't really argue with it. My own viewpoint though is that with a few changes, our playing staff should be good enough anyway. I'd like to see Guidollin given the chance, if not, this is our best chance of attracting a highly rated young manager when the TV money is going up and there won't be many PL jobs on offer.

Good point that my friend,I'd say this current squad playing like it played today should be good enough to 'avoid' relegation next season,it doesn't need major surgery like some were saying after last weekend.
It's an awesome job for someone.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guido for next season on 17:45 - May 1 with 1843 viewsmorningstar

Guido for next season on 16:39 - May 1 by Borojack

He has done a fantastic job but was always going to be a short term option.
The irony is though Brendan didnt back himself in January.
Personally I hope we look elsewhere.

And that, is just about the crux of it! Whilst Brendan didn't want to tarnish his reputation further by possibly failing to keep his former club in the Premier league, a complete unknown to us was prepared to put his on the line. That says a hell of a lot about Mr Rodgers, if we let Guidolin go so be it. But don't let it be Brendan Rodgers!
[Post edited 1 May 2016 17:51]

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Guido for next season on 18:03 - May 1 with 1776 viewscockneyswan

Guido for next season on 17:45 - May 1 by morningstar

And that, is just about the crux of it! Whilst Brendan didn't want to tarnish his reputation further by possibly failing to keep his former club in the Premier league, a complete unknown to us was prepared to put his on the line. That says a hell of a lot about Mr Rodgers, if we let Guidolin go so be it. But don't let it be Brendan Rodgers!
[Post edited 1 May 2016 17:51]

Good post, if we let frankie go I reckon it will be a missed opportunity a la Ranieri from chelski. However having now see Jenkins interview I have to say it looks like decision has already been made, what a shame. But thanks Frankie yjb.
Guido for next season on 18:16 - May 1 with 1738 viewsicecoldjack

Guido for next season on 18:03 - May 1 by cockneyswan

Good post, if we let frankie go I reckon it will be a missed opportunity a la Ranieri from chelski. However having now see Jenkins interview I have to say it looks like decision has already been made, what a shame. But thanks Frankie yjb.

I agree.

FG stepped up and Brendan didn't .

That will always grate with some if Rodgers comes in next season, no amount of bulls1ht will steer people away from it either.

FG has acted with dignity and done all thats asked of him, it seems a bit wrong to me that he is in a position where he doesn't apparently know the situation, i get the feeling,like many others here that he is waved goodbye and Rodgers has already agreed to come in.

If true seems a bit sordid and an called for in the way it seems to be playing out.

I have nothing against Rodgers,think he will do ok, but i think FG can do as well and maybe have a better feel for the European player market, something that Rodgers seems to have a weakness on IMO.

Our next set of signings need to be bang on the money, would we prefer FG in control of the cheque book or Rodgers?

It's now been proven that the club are generally woeful at signing players so somebody needs to know what the fook they are doing in the summer with player signing or its another season of problems .
Guido for next season on 18:25 - May 1 with 1704 viewsbarry_island

Sordid? Our club over the last month? Surely not.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Guido for next season on 18:31 - May 1 with 1671 viewsBorojack

Guido for next season on 18:16 - May 1 by icecoldjack

I agree.

That will always grate with some if Rodgers comes in next season, no amount of bulls1ht will steer people away from it either.

FG has acted with dignity and done all thats asked of him, it seems a bit wrong to me that he is in a position where he doesn't apparently know the situation, i get the feeling,like many others here that he is waved goodbye and Rodgers has already agreed to come in.

If true seems a bit sordid and an called for in the way it seems to be playing out.

I have nothing against Rodgers,think he will do ok, but i think FG can do as well and maybe have a better feel for the European player market, something that Rodgers seems to have a weakness on IMO.

Our next set of signings need to be bang on the money, would we prefer FG in control of the cheque book or Rodgers?

It's now been proven that the club are generally woeful at signing players so somebody needs to know what the fook they are doing in the summer with player signing or its another season of problems .

Well Brendan wasted most of the Suarez money.
And got the sack our signings need to be spot on or we are knackered.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Guido for next season on 18:32 - May 1 with 1660 viewsUplandsJack

Guido for next season on 16:37 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

Sorry if repeating another as haven't read full thread yet.
But Tommy I have to tell you Jeff came off because of injury. He was holding his hamstring and got gilfi to signal bench for him.
We needed to get more solid as l'pool were pressing a lot more in the second half after the changes made by jk.
Honestly don't think there was anything wrong with this substitution....
Login to get fewer ads

Guido for next season on 18:37 - May 1 with 1638 viewsmacthejack

I'm not convinced on FG. We've seen glimpses of what he can do, such as today and Chelsea but also seen some utterly turgid, negative rubbish. Just when he seems to be getting a grip on things he goes and reverts to the diamond last week with Siggy up top.

I think overall he's done a decent job but I don't think he's the right man to take us forward. I'm not sure Brendan is either but we'd probably stay up with both, although I think we need to be more ambitious than that.
Guido for next season on 18:43 - May 1 with 1618 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 18:31 - May 1 by Borojack

Well Brendan wasted most of the Suarez money.
And got the sack our signings need to be spot on or we are knackered.

Did 'he' waste it or did the transfer committee waste it?

Guido for next season on 18:46 - May 1 with 1613 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 18:16 - May 1 by icecoldjack

I agree.

Anthony with all due respect mate that's utter nonsense about Rodgers.
If things are going for us on the pitch nobody will give a toss about Rodgers not stepping up.

Guido for next season on 18:48 - May 1 with 1606 viewsicecoldjack

Guido for next season on 18:46 - May 1 by Darran

Anthony with all due respect mate that's utter nonsense about Rodgers.
If things are going for us on the pitch nobody will give a toss about Rodgers not stepping up.

Well it can't be utter nonsense , not unless you are 100% sure things will go well on the pitch.
Guido for next season on 18:52 - May 1 with 1596 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 18:48 - May 1 by icecoldjack

Well it can't be utter nonsense , not unless you are 100% sure things will go well on the pitch.

You can't be 100% sure on the pitch whoever takes over and you said no amount of bullshit will steer the fans away from the fact Rodgers refused to come in in January. That's complete and utter bollox.

Guido for next season on 18:59 - May 1 with 1567 viewsicecoldjack

Guido for next season on 18:52 - May 1 by Darran

You can't be 100% sure on the pitch whoever takes over and you said no amount of bullshit will steer the fans away from the fact Rodgers refused to come in in January. That's complete and utter bollox.

How is that bollox?

did he agree to come in and manage in january or did he prefer to wait it out and see where we end up ?

which ever way you slice it Rodgers return,if it happens , will always have a reference to FG stepping up and him not doing so, plain and simple.

Flogging a dead horse with this one Darran.
Guido for next season on 19:07 - May 1 with 1548 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 18:59 - May 1 by icecoldjack

How is that bollox?

did he agree to come in and manage in january or did he prefer to wait it out and see where we end up ?

which ever way you slice it Rodgers return,if it happens , will always have a reference to FG stepping up and him not doing so, plain and simple.

Flogging a dead horse with this one Darran.

Complete nonsense nobody will give a f*ck if results are going the right way.

Though we can leave you out of that because you've clearly set your stall out already,I expect many more "I don't dislike Rodgers but" posts from you over the next few months should he be our new manager.

Guido for next season on 19:08 - May 1 with 1404 viewsOldjack

It's Franco for me , He kept us up ,he's renowned for his fast attacking football which we've seen very little off due to our predicament ,we saw it today in all it's glory

Fresh start with some of his new recruits ,the future will be bright i'm sure of it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guido for next season on 19:16 - May 1 with 1373 viewsSwaneeRiver

Guido for next season on 16:37 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

This summed it up for me.
Negative attitude in substitutions, especially after the sending off.
Barrow on for Routledge to press home the advantage.
Sorry but a season of that would piss me right off
Guido for next season on 19:18 - May 1 with 1365 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guido for next season on 19:08 - May 1 by Oldjack

It's Franco for me , He kept us up ,he's renowned for his fast attacking football which we've seen very little off due to our predicament ,we saw it today in all it's glory

Fresh start with some of his new recruits ,the future will be bright i'm sure of it

Yep I agree. Chelsea wasn't bad either. What I like is how he has been working on our pressing game. Liverpool and Chelsea were pressurised into mistakes. Also he has been working on the wingers coming back and defending and we could see Jeff starting to do that to some effect today.
All this has been done with a squad that was not his, barring one of two players. Also a squad that was at rock bottom and in serious danger of dropping through the trap door.
It is ironic that Newcastle are lauding their manager, and planning for the future with him, for trying to keep them up....whether he succeeds or not.
Our manager, who has succeeded, is likely to be show the door......

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guido for next season on 19:24 - May 1 with 1332 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 19:18 - May 1 by Private_Partz

Yep I agree. Chelsea wasn't bad either. What I like is how he has been working on our pressing game. Liverpool and Chelsea were pressurised into mistakes. Also he has been working on the wingers coming back and defending and we could see Jeff starting to do that to some effect today.
All this has been done with a squad that was not his, barring one of two players. Also a squad that was at rock bottom and in serious danger of dropping through the trap door.
It is ironic that Newcastle are lauding their manager, and planning for the future with him, for trying to keep them up....whether he succeeds or not.
Our manager, who has succeeded, is likely to be show the door......

Do us all a favour though my friend please don't keep mentioning it for several years like you've done with Laudrup yeah?

Guido for next season on 19:25 - May 1 with 1323 viewsicecoldjack

Guido for next season on 19:07 - May 1 by Darran

Complete nonsense nobody will give a f*ck if results are going the right way.

Though we can leave you out of that because you've clearly set your stall out already,I expect many more "I don't dislike Rodgers but" posts from you over the next few months should he be our new manager.

Not at all.

You are just being very silly now and also de railing a very good thread.

If Brendan gets it then then fine but if he really wanted it why didn't he take it in January ?

This is a perfectly valid point to raise up so stop being such an utter coont .
Guido for next season on 19:27 - May 1 with 1302 viewsUplandsJack

Guido for next season on 19:16 - May 1 by SwaneeRiver

This summed it up for me.
Negative attitude in substitutions, especially after the sending off.
Barrow on for Routledge to press home the advantage.
Sorry but a season of that would piss me right off

Montero was injured....
Routs will track back a lot more effectively than mo does...
I honestly believe there was nothing wrong with his subs today. Last week yes very strange and disappointing but today, spot on for me.
Give the guy credit where it's due and just enjoy the 3 points.
Guido for next season on 19:29 - May 1 with 1295 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guido for next season on 19:24 - May 1 by Darran

Do us all a favour though my friend please don't keep mentioning it for several years like you've done with Laudrup yeah?

I am looking to the future. You keep on about Laudrup if you want. I don't raise the subject, only respond when needed.
Anyway you are the big girl's blouse defending your beloved Brenda all the time ;-))
It's a smiley face btw I am only joking - just to save you going off on one.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guido for next season on 19:35 - May 1 with 1259 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 19:29 - May 1 by Private_Partz

I am looking to the future. You keep on about Laudrup if you want. I don't raise the subject, only respond when needed.
Anyway you are the big girl's blouse defending your beloved Brenda all the time ;-))
It's a smiley face btw I am only joking - just to save you going off on one.

Well if you want the truth I don't care who the manager is,FG,Brodge or A N Other, nobody can guarantee anything at this moment and most of the names out there are as good as each other in my opinion.

Guido for next season on 19:38 - May 1 with 1245 viewsDavillin

Guido for next season on 19:08 - May 1 by Oldjack

O.J., I do not understand why such simple and clear logic is not prevailing with some of our posters.

To be blunt about it, people appear to be judging Guidolin by what he had to do to clean up the pile of shit created by Monk and the Board, and not looking at what he can bring to Swansea when he starts clean.

For goddess' sake, we're two wins from mid-table, with Guidolin having started in the relegation zone with what? two months to go? [Note that I do not short-change the contribution of Alan Curtis.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guido for next season on 19:42 - May 1 with 1224 viewsjasper_T

Guido for next season on 19:38 - May 1 by Davillin

O.J., I do not understand why such simple and clear logic is not prevailing with some of our posters.

To be blunt about it, people appear to be judging Guidolin by what he had to do to clean up the pile of shit created by Monk and the Board, and not looking at what he can bring to Swansea when he starts clean.

For goddess' sake, we're two wins from mid-table, with Guidolin having started in the relegation zone with what? two months to go? [Note that I do not short-change the contribution of Alan Curtis.]

Everton & Watford both play Sunderland & Norwich so might not see many more points this season if their mentalities aren't right. 11th or 12th is achievable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024