Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido for next season 16:32 - May 1 with 12342 viewscockneyswan

I think Guidolin must be given the chance to continue as our manager. He has done everything that has been asked of him ( kept us up). After today's performance I believe he must be offered the job for next season.
Guido for next season on 19:46 - May 1 with 1946 viewsDr_Winston

Guido for next season on 19:42 - May 1 by jasper_T

Everton & Watford both play Sunderland & Norwich so might not see many more points this season if their mentalities aren't right. 11th or 12th is achievable.

And would be a borderline miracle considering the shambles he inherited.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guido for next season on 19:47 - May 1 with 1942 viewsOldjack

Guido for next season on 19:38 - May 1 by Davillin

O.J., I do not understand why such simple and clear logic is not prevailing with some of our posters.

To be blunt about it, people appear to be judging Guidolin by what he had to do to clean up the pile of shit created by Monk and the Board, and not looking at what he can bring to Swansea when he starts clean.

For goddess' sake, we're two wins from mid-table, with Guidolin having started in the relegation zone with what? two months to go? [Note that I do not short-change the contribution of Alan Curtis.]

Init Franco has already stated he'd love to stay here ,he'll secure a Jack accent before you know it and away we go with Franco's black and white army

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guido for next season on 19:49 - May 1 with 1941 viewstomdickharry

Guido for next season on 19:35 - May 1 by Darran

Well if you want the truth I don't care who the manager is,FG,Brodge or A N Other, nobody can guarantee anything at this moment and most of the names out there are as good as each other in my opinion.

You are spot on Daz,nobody knows who's coming in as Manager,one fact we do know is that Guidolin hasn't a clue if he is staying next season and I think I recall that once the season was up and his present contract terminated then talks would be held with the Chairman about next season,that to me says its open season on the role.We look as though we will soon be under the control of a new Board are they going to have a say in the appointment? we can yet again only see what is going to transpire as long as whoever is in charge realises that the European Championships start in June so if we are going to sign a raft of new quality players then recruitment should start now.
Guido for next season on 19:51 - May 1 with 1935 viewsPrivate_Partz

Guido for next season on 19:38 - May 1 by Davillin

O.J., I do not understand why such simple and clear logic is not prevailing with some of our posters.

To be blunt about it, people appear to be judging Guidolin by what he had to do to clean up the pile of shit created by Monk and the Board, and not looking at what he can bring to Swansea when he starts clean.

For goddess' sake, we're two wins from mid-table, with Guidolin having started in the relegation zone with what? two months to go? [Note that I do not short-change the contribution of Alan Curtis.]

Indeed Dav. The contribution of Curt, and Guidolin's good working relationship with him, is another reason for keeping the status quo.
I just don't get it, I really don't. He has said from the off he has had to be cautious as it was too late to change things around. Don't underestimate the pressure from the board either. I am sure they did not want a gung ho approach and risk seeing their potential millions flying out the window.
I could understand the reaction if he was the stereotypical defensive Italian but he has never been this as far as I can see during his entire lengthy career.
Having said that it could very well be that the Board think like many on here which is a great shame and it will be missed opportunity IMHO.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Guido for next season on 19:54 - May 1 with 1925 viewsLandore_Jack

Guido for next season on 19:51 - May 1 by Private_Partz

Indeed Dav. The contribution of Curt, and Guidolin's good working relationship with him, is another reason for keeping the status quo.
I just don't get it, I really don't. He has said from the off he has had to be cautious as it was too late to change things around. Don't underestimate the pressure from the board either. I am sure they did not want a gung ho approach and risk seeing their potential millions flying out the window.
I could understand the reaction if he was the stereotypical defensive Italian but he has never been this as far as I can see during his entire lengthy career.
Having said that it could very well be that the Board think like many on here which is a great shame and it will be missed opportunity IMHO.

Totally agree. Well said.

#backtojack

Guido for next season on 19:56 - May 1 with 1918 viewssomersetsimon

Guido for next season on 18:59 - May 1 by icecoldjack

How is that bollox?

did he agree to come in and manage in january or did he prefer to wait it out and see where we end up ?

which ever way you slice it Rodgers return,if it happens , will always have a reference to FG stepping up and him not doing so, plain and simple.

Flogging a dead horse with this one Darran.

Apart from FG, it didn't look like anyone else wanted to manage us either. Unless some other candidates have come in the scene since January, any replacement for FG is likely to be someone who didn't want the job a few months ago.

Now we are safe, surely FG will be talking to the board about what he would plan to do if he gets the job permanently. The last time the board appointed a manager without seriously looking at all the available candidates, we ended up with Monk.
Guido for next season on 19:57 - May 1 with 1913 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 19:49 - May 1 by tomdickharry

You are spot on Daz,nobody knows who's coming in as Manager,one fact we do know is that Guidolin hasn't a clue if he is staying next season and I think I recall that once the season was up and his present contract terminated then talks would be held with the Chairman about next season,that to me says its open season on the role.We look as though we will soon be under the control of a new Board are they going to have a say in the appointment? we can yet again only see what is going to transpire as long as whoever is in charge realises that the European Championships start in June so if we are going to sign a raft of new quality players then recruitment should start now.

Spot on Edward.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guido for next season on 20:17 - May 1 with 1868 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Guido for next season on 20:41 - May 1 with 1805 viewsjojaca

Guido for next season on 19:47 - May 1 by Oldjack

Init Franco has already stated he'd love to stay here ,he'll secure a Jack accent before you know it and away we go with Franco's black and white army

Just watched Sky Sports News interview with Guidolin and you can see by his eyes, he already knows his fate. He wants to stay, but I don't think it will happen. You have to feel sympathy for the poor bloke.

Even when you know, you never know?

Guido for next season on 21:13 - May 1 with 1743 viewssnork44

Guido for next season on 20:41 - May 1 by jojaca

Just watched Sky Sports News interview with Guidolin and you can see by his eyes, he already knows his fate. He wants to stay, but I don't think it will happen. You have to feel sympathy for the poor bloke.

Absolutely if I was asked to do a job and succeeded and then I was replaced, I would be really pissed off. Now there may be many reasons Rodgers didn't come one could have been part of the rumored severance agreement with Liverpool that he could not take on another Premier League team this season and had to wait till the end of the season. But if he did shit out and didn't want to come as not to tarnish his CV with taking over a relegation threatened club and not having the balls to succeed then I know who I would want and that is Guidolin ! Huw Jenkins and the board fecked up big time with the Monk appointment and both of the takeover proposals with the two American consortiums. Huw Jenkins,you had better get this right. Because if you don't your stock with the fans will be at an all time low !

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Guido for next season on 21:50 - May 1 with 1678 viewssP7qupUf

Guido for next season on 16:37 - May 1 by oh_tommy_tommy

It's a no from me

Naughton for Montero

F@cking hell

It's called seeing the game out and making 100% sure that you win and rein the top flight next season.... the most financially lucrative in the history of football. What did the table look like when he came? What does it look like tonight? Done with a squad which he inherited and are not his players. But hey, what does FG know?
Guido for next season on 22:07 - May 1 with 1652 viewsDavillin

Guido for next season on 21:50 - May 1 by sP7qupUf

It's called seeing the game out and making 100% sure that you win and rein the top flight next season.... the most financially lucrative in the history of football. What did the table look like when he came? What does it look like tonight? Done with a squad which he inherited and are not his players. But hey, what does FG know?

Thanks for that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guido for next season on 00:20 - May 2 with 1555 viewscockneyswan

Guido for next season on 19:51 - May 1 by Private_Partz

Good post 👍
Guido for next season on 00:54 - May 2 with 1530 viewsbuilthjack

Whoever it is, get it sorted immediately this season ends.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Guido for next season on 06:56 - May 2 with 1458 viewsStarsky

There's been a hell of a lot of assumptions made on this thread about why some managers haven't stepped up in January,, why Guido isn't staying etc.

Guidolin was given the gig until the end of the season, with a review of the situation at end of season.

What's changed? Let's see what happens at season end before coming out with all this premature crap.

I don't give a stuff if Guidolin is disappointed, because the next appointment should be based on the best possible option for the good of Swansea City.

The impending takeover has no doubt played a part in this scenario too.

All you mystic megs having a dig at potential successors before they've even arrived is pathetic.

It's just the internet, init.

Guido for next season on 07:57 - May 2 with 1429 viewsPhaedrus

Almost as pathetic as being unable to give credit where credit is due to those who have actually done the job.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Guido for next season on 08:22 - May 2 with 1390 viewsJack1

Guidolin next season? I hope not. Our best performances since his appointment have come when Guidolin hasn't been there (through ill health). Yesterday's game was the most confident I've been for a while - that was because I saw the Liverpool line-up.

I fully agree that the situation needs to be sorted as the uncertainty isn't doing anyone any favours, but we need to forget about this season and move on, and that for me means a new manager in place - the sooner the better.
Guido for next season on 08:39 - May 2 with 1369 viewsDr_Winston

Guido for next season on 08:22 - May 2 by Jack1

Guidolin next season? I hope not. Our best performances since his appointment have come when Guidolin hasn't been there (through ill health). Yesterday's game was the most confident I've been for a while - that was because I saw the Liverpool line-up.

I fully agree that the situation needs to be sorted as the uncertainty isn't doing anyone any favours, but we need to forget about this season and move on, and that for me means a new manager in place - the sooner the better.

Explain Chelsea then.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guido for next season on 09:18 - May 2 with 1327 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guido for next season on 06:56 - May 2 by Starsky

There's been a hell of a lot of assumptions made on this thread about why some managers haven't stepped up in January,, why Guido isn't staying etc.

Guidolin was given the gig until the end of the season, with a review of the situation at end of season.

What's changed? Let's see what happens at season end before coming out with all this premature crap.

I don't give a stuff if Guidolin is disappointed, because the next appointment should be based on the best possible option for the good of Swansea City.

The impending takeover has no doubt played a part in this scenario too.

All you mystic megs having a dig at potential successors before they've even arrived is pathetic.

I think you're missing the point. Everyone wants the best possible managerial appointment for SCFC, most of us don't think we want BR and most of us seem to think that FG has been disrespected by the board (and some senior players who really do think they're bigger than the club).
It could be Bielsa for all we know but that doesn't excuse treating the man who helped keep us up a bit shabbily.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guido for next season on 09:28 - May 2 with 1308 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 09:18 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I think you're missing the point. Everyone wants the best possible managerial appointment for SCFC, most of us don't think we want BR and most of us seem to think that FG has been disrespected by the board (and some senior players who really do think they're bigger than the club).
It could be Bielsa for all we know but that doesn't excuse treating the man who helped keep us up a bit shabbily.

Exactly. We all want the best possible manager for the club. Some of us just happen to think that FG is a better bet than BR. As for the likes of Emery and Bielsa, they could be better than both, it's just much harder to form an opinion when you haven't seen them manage your club or in your league.
Guido for next season on 09:46 - May 2 with 1280 viewsJack1

Guido for next season on 08:39 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Explain Chelsea then.

A one off possibly? My point is that overall, I'd rather have someone different managing us next season.
Guido for next season on 09:48 - May 2 with 1275 viewsnantywatcher

As a man FG comes across as a really decent human being, but yesterday highlighted why I'm not convinced about him.We bosses the first half and then we're truly awful for the first 20 minutes of the second half. We surrendered possession of the ball and did not compete, maybe some of you were still in the bar and missed that big chunk of the game??
Guido for next season on 09:51 - May 2 with 1263 viewsWarwickHunt

Guido for next season on 09:48 - May 2 by nantywatcher

As a man FG comes across as a really decent human being, but yesterday highlighted why I'm not convinced about him.We bosses the first half and then we're truly awful for the first 20 minutes of the second half. We surrendered possession of the ball and did not compete, maybe some of you were still in the bar and missed that big chunk of the game??

If it wasn't for that pesky opposition....
Guido for next season on 09:52 - May 2 with 1260 viewsDr_Winston

Guido for next season on 09:48 - May 2 by nantywatcher

Liverpool were 2-0 down. It would have been more unusual if they hadn't come out fighting in the early stages of the second half.

Guido for next season on 09:58 - May 2 with 1240 viewsjack247

Guido for next season on 09:52 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Liverpool were 2-0 down. It would have been more unusual if they hadn't come out fighting in the early stages of the second half.

Yeah. I think some of our fans have been a little bit spoilt by success and have unfairly high expectations. We aren't going to dominate PL teams for 90 minutes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024