Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guido for next season 16:32 - May 1 with 12341 viewscockneyswan

I think Guidolin must be given the chance to continue as our manager. He has done everything that has been asked of him ( kept us up). After today's performance I believe he must be offered the job for next season.
Guido for next season on 09:59 - May 2 with 1077 viewsicecoldjack

Guido for next season on 09:48 - May 2 by nantywatcher

As a man FG comes across as a really decent human being, but yesterday highlighted why I'm not convinced about him.We bosses the first half and then we're truly awful for the first 20 minutes of the second half. We surrendered possession of the ball and did not compete, maybe some of you were still in the bar and missed that big chunk of the game??

Is that his fault or the players fault though?

What I saw was a sloppiness from us in those 20 mins that has been been a major factor in our entire season not just since FG arrived.

I saw Morgan laying into his players after going a goal down against utd yesterday, then just to impress the point even more he goes up and scores A vital goal for them , body language saying " right that's what we need to do"

Superb stuff from their captain.

Ash has the same thing in his locker, sometimes it's the senior players on the field that need to step up too, especially after a slow second half start.

We have senior players like Rangel,ash,Leon,fab,siggy and ayew who should know how to combat this, it's not just down to the manager, players on the field need to take responsibility too.
Guido for next season on 09:59 - May 2 with 1077 viewsJoe_bradshaw

As a man FG comes across as a really decent human being, but yesterday highlighted why I'm not convinced about him.We bosses the first half and then we're truly awful for the first 20 minutes of the second half. We surrendered possession of the ball and did not compete, maybe some of you were still in the bar and missed that big chunk of the game??

So you actually expect to dominate a Premier league game against Liverpool for the full 90 minutes?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Guido for next season on 10:13 - May 2 with 1050 viewsunion_jack

Guido for next season on 17:11 - May 1 by Darran

Great post,Rodgers may do a good job but is he the best option?

Unfortunately, this is something you can only find out after the event.

I'd like to think there are better options than BR (I'm also in the 'never go back' camp) but who knows. I didn't want BR first time around. How wrong I was!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Guido for next season on 10:23 - May 2 with 1029 viewsmax936

Guido for next season on 16:49 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

Naughton is better going forward than he is defending so it's not that negative a sub.

He's the new Gareth Bale in waiting

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guido for next season on 10:34 - May 2 with 995 viewsStarsky

Guido for next season on 09:18 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

I think you're missing the point. Everyone wants the best possible managerial appointment for SCFC, most of us don't think we want BR and most of us seem to think that FG has been disrespected by the board (and some senior players who really do think they're bigger than the club).
It could be Bielsa for all we know but that doesn't excuse treating the man who helped keep us up a bit shabbily.

Not at all. Some of you are saying that Guidolin is being disrespected by the club but they always said they'd review the situation at the end of the season.
So what's changed?
Again... The takeover plays a part in this too.

It's just the internet, init.

Guido for next season on 10:35 - May 2 with 1003 viewsmax936

Guido for next season on 17:11 - May 1 by Darran

Great post,Rodgers may do a good job but is he the best option?

I'm for a fresh start, not going back to a Manager who didn't fancy the job in December, Guidolin as done a great job, not sure he's the man for us though, Bren did a great job first time he may do it again, he'll probably get the gig, but there's plenty of other Managers out there who maybe could do a better job.

Back to Guidolins situation, it doesn't sound like HJ as kept him in the loop regarding the job, looking from the outside it looks like he's been treated disrespectfully, hope he hasn't as he's a decent man who has done a very good job.

Whatever the future holds for him I like many others wish him well and he goes with my sincere thanks for what he's done for our Club.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Guido for next season on 10:38 - May 2 with 986 viewsStarsky

Guido for next season on 07:57 - May 2 by Phaedrus

Almost as pathetic as being unable to give credit where credit is due to those who have actually done the job.

"Credit where credits due?"
What's that got to do with appointing our next manager?
We have to appoint the best possible candidate for the job.
Guidolin has another 2 games to show how he can set his teams up without the relegation threat.
Why wouldn't we observe and wait until the end of season?

It's just the internet, init.

Guido for next season on 10:42 - May 2 with 980 viewsshandyjack

Guido for next season on 10:38 - May 2 by Starsky

Guidolin has another 2 games to show how he can set his teams up without the relegation threat.

Be interesting too see if he can get the players up for an away game considering our last two performances. I'm on the edge of wanting him out but not wanting Rodgers in

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Guido for next season on 10:43 - May 2 with 977 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Because it looks like they are not waiting, the decision has already been made, in fact it looks very much as if it was made even before he volunteered for the job.
But they still dangled the carrot of "we will review it at the ened of the season", which looks more and more like typical current two faced Board behavoir.
Guido for next season on 10:43 - May 2 with 977 viewsicecoldjack

Guido for next season on 10:34 - May 2 by Starsky

Not at all. Some of you are saying that Guidolin is being disrespected by the club but they always said they'd review the situation at the end of the season.
So what's changed?

Fair point but of course it's the stories and the fact people have seen Rodgers around Swansea while FG has been working on keeping us safe in the prem league.

If FG is to be reviewed at the end of the season then why so much news regarding Rodgers now ? No smoke without fire, to most people it looks like Rodgers has been approached therefore it looks like the review at the end of the season is bulls1te .

Of course it's all speculation, but we all know the board can keep secrets when it suits them, if they really want to.

It could very well point to a classic huw Jenkins smoke and mirrors ploy though, maybe it's gonna be bielsa after all?

Y'know what? It does have a classic ring of a swans deception plan !

Left field like Rodgers,laudrup,Sousa and jacket
Guido for next season on 10:50 - May 2 with 952 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 10:34 - May 2 by Starsky

So what's changed?

Starsky this is not about getting rid of FG it's about the fact that people like Icecold don't like Rodgers.
If the club had announced a month ago that Bielsa Emery was the manager for next season you wouldn't be hearing a peep out of most of them.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Guido for next season on 10:51 - May 2 with 952 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guido for next season on 19:42 - May 1 by jasper_T

Everton & Watford both play Sunderland & Norwich so might not see many more points this season if their mentalities aren't right. 11th or 12th is achievable.

A win against liverpool reserves and the last 2 appauling displays are forgotten

It's a big no from me .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Guido for next season on 10:54 - May 2 with 940 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 10:51 - May 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

A win against liverpool reserves and the last 2 appauling displays are forgotten

It's a big no from me .

Exactly Spide exactly.

Guido for next season on 10:55 - May 2 with 929 viewsDr_Winston

It's a big no from me .

Just like two appalling displays and dragging the team out of the shit into mid-table safety is forgotten?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guido for next season on 10:57 - May 2 with 924 viewsWarwickHunt

It doesn't appear we're waiting until the end of the season though.
Not even close, allegedly...

Disrespectful and more than a tad c*ntish if true.

Is anyone surprised though?
Guido for next season on 11:00 - May 2 with 914 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guido for next season on 10:55 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Just like two appalling displays and dragging the team out of the shit into mid-table safety is forgotten?

Yep Chelsea reserves also ,
We've been coached dreadfully all season

New ideas ,new players needed .

He's was on the sick when our best performances featured .

No thank you

Guido for next season on 11:00 - May 2 with 912 viewsjasper_T

Hardly a new phenomenon. We've been like that since the start of Monk's reign at least.

Not just the fans taking a half-time trip to the bar.
Guido for next season on 11:03 - May 2 with 903 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 10:57 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

It doesn't appear we're waiting until the end of the season though.
Not even close, allegedly...

Disrespectful and more than a tad c*ntish if true.

Is anyone surprised though?

Well nobody with a brain should be surprised anyway it's called football see.

Guido for next season on 11:06 - May 2 with 893 viewsjack247

It's a big no from me .

Are you judging him solely on two games?
Guido for next season on 11:08 - May 2 with 885 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guido for next season on 11:06 - May 2 by jack247

Are you judging him solely on two games?

Do you think so ?

Villa home was a superb display .

I could go on .

Guido for next season on 11:17 - May 2 with 865 viewsOldjack

Guido for next season on 11:00 - May 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

Yep Chelsea reserves also ,
We've been coached dreadfully all season

New ideas ,new players needed .

He's was on the sick when our best performances featured .

No thank you

he did pick the team from his bedside ,you need to get those negative blinkers removed

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guido for next season on 11:24 - May 2 with 841 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Guido for next season on 11:17 - May 2 by Oldjack

he did pick the team from his bedside ,you need to get those negative blinkers removed

He doesn't pick gomis

Huge positive 👍

Guido for next season on 11:24 - May 2 with 839 viewsDarran

Guido for next season on 11:17 - May 2 by Oldjack

and if he did it's ridiculous.

Did he really though just because Curtis said he did to the media it doesn't actualkg mean it's true.

Guido for next season on 11:25 - May 2 with 840 viewsairedale

These days, if anyone puts their second string out against us, chances are they're going to lose.
Guido for next season on 11:29 - May 2 with 836 viewsDewi1jack

Guido for next season on 17:05 - May 1 by TheKirkyLife

Liverpool littered with reserves. That really says it all.

Don't get me wrong, Franco has done the job but especially after Leicester and Newcastle I'm just not convinced. Best option available please, if that happens to be Guidolin so be it.

"Littered with reserves. That really says it all."

Yes now look at the cost of those reserves not forgetting that a certain manager being touted to come back here spent over £300 million on putting his squad together. Not including the players he'd inherited.

Clyne £15 million, Skrtel £9 Million, Lovren £9 million, Lucas £9 million, Ibe £5 million
Benteke £32 odd million, Sturridge £18 million, Coutinho £24 million

Whilst I seem to think that our 2out of 3 of our most expensive buys (Fede and Alberto, about £8 million each) weren't on the pitch, leaving Siggy as our most expensive player.
We slaughtered a team whose so called "reserves" beat Stoke.
If we'd have played all season how we played yesterday, we'd have been challenging for the Euro spots as well.
FG was allowed to bring in 1 player
He inherited a group that was unfit, not fuggin bothered, lazy, unprofessional overpaid primadonnas.
And out of that shower of sh1te he's managed to keep us up and got them playing some sublime football against the EL semi finalists who are one of the biggest and most successful teams in Europe.

Your opening sentence was very condescending.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024