Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City 17:22 - May 1 with 3457 viewsDavillin

In my opinion, this was Montero's best game for Swansea city.

1. In attack,, he was not his usual "Johnny One-Note," lobbing from the corner, but was more like a footballing string quartet, going at Liverpool from all angles, and most effectively. He tormented their defence even when he didn't have the ball, brought them near to tears when he did.

2. In defence, he was a revelation, a wolverine in white, fully committed, it seemed to me, to both staying disciplined and getting right into them.

Well done, Jefferson!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:34 - May 1 with 3393 viewsjack247

This is the real shame if Guidollin goes IMO.

As far as I am aware, he had never played his role so intelligently, he certainly hadn't for us. He was great, but one dimensional going forward, he was an absolute liability when we didn't have the ball.

A few months out of the team, obviously working hard behind closed doors, two kicks up the arse in the local press and he comes out for the Stoke game with a varied attack and a far more solid defensive game. He did the same against Chelsea and again today. Looked a much more versatile, tactically aware, complete player and was one of the best players on the pitch in all three matches.

People think it's just co-incidence?
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:34 - May 1 with 3391 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Good game, another assist and close to scoring as well.
Pity Barrow didn't get the same chance.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:56 - May 1 with 3324 viewsGowerjack

Arsenal home last season.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:57 - May 1 with 3317 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:56 - May 1 by Gowerjack

A great attacking game. He played a complete game today.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:58 - May 1 with 3309 viewsDafyddHuw

Tou didn't see Siggy having a go at him for standing still, waiting for the ball, instead of running.
You shouldn't have to tell a professional footballer stuff like that.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 18:04 - May 1 with 3278 viewsicecoldjack

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:34 - May 1 by jack247

As far as I am aware, he had never played his role so intelligently, he certainly hadn't for us. He was great, but one dimensional going forward, he was an absolute liability when we didn't have the ball.

A few months out of the team, obviously working hard behind closed doors, two kicks up the arse in the local press and he comes out for the Stoke game with a varied attack and a far more solid defensive game. He did the same against Chelsea and again today. Looked a much more versatile, tactically aware, complete player and was one of the best players on the pitch in all three matches.

Great post .

FG looks a good coach to me, it's a bit concerning how the players decided to hang him out to dry in the games against Newcastle and Fester though, which is why it looks like the board have shafted him and gone for another appointment that some senior pro's may know is coming.

Montero needed improving badly and is now starting to be coached, it's a crime that in the 2 yrs he's been here it is only now we seem to have enough coaching knowledge to develop him .
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 20:57 - May 1 with 3111 viewsblaine_scfc

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:34 - May 1 by jack247

Never been a liability for us. Complete myth from the start and it's been a disgrace why he hasn't played more.

Started off poorly today but yet again showed he's the best winger at this club by an absolute mile. Simple as that.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 21:00 - May 1 with 3094 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 20:57 - May 1 by blaine_scfc

Never been a liability for us. Complete myth from the start and it's been a disgrace why he hasn't played more.

Started off poorly today but yet again showed he's the best winger at this club by an absolute mile. Simple as that.

Blaine, serious question. Can you even see the difference between him now and the player he was last season and the start of this?
Login to get fewer ads

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 21:20 - May 1 with 3037 viewsUplandsJack

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 20:57 - May 1 by blaine_scfc

Blaine, seriously montero is a much more complete player now than he has ever been.
If he continues to improve his all round game he will have a lot to thank Guidolin for...
Most improved player of the year award for me.... and long may it continue
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:15 - May 2 with 2878 viewskarnataka

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 21:20 - May 1 by UplandsJack

Blaine, seriously montero is a much more complete player now than he has ever been.
If he continues to improve his all round game he will have a lot to thank Guidolin for...
Most improved player of the year award for me.... and long may it continue

Definitely back t something like his best yesterday and did his share tracking back too which was good to see but surely Barrow is the most improved player over the course of this season? He's gone from being an inconsistent player with potential to a permanent fixture in the match day squad and hopefully there's more to come from him with the right coach, whoever that may be. Was disappointed he didn't come on yesterday although the player he'd have tormented had already been sent off.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 8:17]
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:22 - May 2 with 2852 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:15 - May 2 by karnataka

Definitely back t something like his best yesterday and did his share tracking back too which was good to see but surely Barrow is the most improved player over the course of this season? He's gone from being an inconsistent player with potential to a permanent fixture in the match day squad and hopefully there's more to come from him with the right coach, whoever that may be. Was disappointed he didn't come on yesterday although the player he'd have tormented had already been sent off.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 8:17]

Naughton came on just before the red card I think? Possibly would have been Barrow if they were already down to 10.

You could easily make the same argument for Barrow. Both have come on leaps and bounds under Guidolin and Curtis.

Montero is better than his previous best at the moment.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:37 - May 2 with 2826 viewsDr_Winston

Montero's performances have improved since the team started playing with a bit more width and aggression? What. A. Shock.

Like all our other wingers Montero suffered under Monk, and particularly with the diamond shite that unfortunately lingered for far too long. Whilst Guidolin is undoubtedly a better coach than the Ginger Mourinho, the fact that the team is now playing to his (and others) strengths has a bit more to do with it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:50 - May 2 with 2807 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 18:04 - May 1 by icecoldjack

Great post .

FG looks a good coach to me, it's a bit concerning how the players decided to hang him out to dry in the games against Newcastle and Fester though, which is why it looks like the board have shafted him and gone for another appointment that some senior pro's may know is coming.

Montero needed improving badly and is now starting to be coached, it's a crime that in the 2 yrs he's been here it is only now we seem to have enough coaching knowledge to develop him .

You've just smashed the nail on the head there. Some of the senior players getting their way AGAIN with the idiots on the board.

Haven't they learned ANYTHING from the Garry Monk fiasco?

Let's not forget Ashley Williams telling the press that he didn't know who Guidolin was and later on taking the p*ss out of his English. Undermined him most definitely.

The board need to kick out the divisive captain fantastic and give FG the money to bring some of his players in. Let's not forget he's developed and shaped the careers of Alexis Sanchez , Mehdi Benatia, Roberto Pereyra and Andrea Barzagli among quite a few others.

He has been dissed by the players and now the board. I'm embarrassed if I'm honest, it reflects badly on us.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:51 - May 2 with 2805 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:37 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Montero's performances have improved since the team started playing with a bit more width and aggression? What. A. Shock.

Like all our other wingers Montero suffered under Monk, and particularly with the diamond shite that unfortunately lingered for far too long. Whilst Guidolin is undoubtedly a better coach than the Ginger Mourinho, the fact that the team is now playing to his (and others) strengths has a bit more to do with it.

And the facts he is varying his attack by cutting in and making off the ball runs behind defenders, as well as tackling, tracking back and taking up intelligent positions most of the time.

Attacking wise, he has improved, because he doesn't just look to go outside his man and loft a cross in every time. He was always a massive threat going forward until teams worked out you just need to put a centre back a bit tighter to the full back and deny him space to run into. Then he was ineffective and got dropped. Now he is much harder to predict and therefore nullify.

Playing with more width and aggression obviously suits him down to the ground, but the main reason he looks a much better player is because he has become a much better player.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:57 - May 2 with 2791 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 08:51 - May 2 by jack247

And the facts he is varying his attack by cutting in and making off the ball runs behind defenders, as well as tackling, tracking back and taking up intelligent positions most of the time.

Attacking wise, he has improved, because he doesn't just look to go outside his man and loft a cross in every time. He was always a massive threat going forward until teams worked out you just need to put a centre back a bit tighter to the full back and deny him space to run into. Then he was ineffective and got dropped. Now he is much harder to predict and therefore nullify.

Playing with more width and aggression obviously suits him down to the ground, but the main reason he looks a much better player is because he has become a much better player.

So he's finally had the benefit of good coaching then. Good on you FG

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:10 - May 2 with 2766 viewsItchySphincter

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 17:56 - May 1 by Gowerjack

Crushed Chambers, best performance I've ever seen from one of our wingers.

I don't care what anyone says, MONTERO IS NOT A DEFENDER!.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:20 - May 2 with 2747 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:10 - May 2 by ItchySphincter

Did sunshinehead make a fleeting reappearance or did I just imagine I saw the famous cat avatar lol?

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:25 - May 2 with 2731 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:10 - May 2 by ItchySphincter

Not aimed at you at all, but the people coming out with the 'wingers don't have to defend' stuff are the same people who were slaughtering Taylor earlier on in the season when he was being left two on one.

Monteros prime goal is to attack, of course it is. We would start with four fullbacks otherwise. He still needs to be able to help his fullback out though, just like every other winger for the last 20 years.

It's a moot point anyway. He has started defending without losing any of his attacking impetus. He is turning into the awesome player he had the potential to be.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:41 - May 2 with 2682 viewsjasper_T

Thought it was a very average Montero performance tbh, apart from a bit extra defensively. Frustratingly wasteful going forward as usual. Far from his best.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:51 - May 2 with 2651 viewsmidswan

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:41 - May 2 by jasper_T

Thought it was a very average Montero performance tbh, apart from a bit extra defensively. Frustratingly wasteful going forward as usual. Far from his best.

^^^this.... Reasonable yesterday, nothing more.
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 20:37 - May 2 with 2411 viewsItchySphincter

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 09:20 - May 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Did sunshinehead make a fleeting reappearance or did I just imagine I saw the famous cat avatar lol?

He did! He checked an old email account and had apparently received a bunch of PMs so logged in to read them but alas there were none. He decided to make a post whilst he was here. Might drop in again.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 11:51 - May 3 with 2258 viewsslate_dk

enjoyed this back then
Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 12:38 - May 3 with 2216 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

it was no where near Jeff's best performance.

he wouldnt have played if fer & Pauloschi were fit either.

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Jefferson Montero's Best Game for Swansea City on 15:48 - May 3 with 2140 viewsDavillin

I can't find anywhere in this post or elsewhere where anyone said MONTERO IS A DEFENDER.

A flying winger is about as far from a defender as is possible on a football field.

That's like saying Fabiasnki is not a striker.

I believe that the point is that Montero -- who had been criticised repeatedly for not helping out in defense -- did a good job of defending for a flying winger.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024