Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodgers to be announced soon 18:30 - May 1 with 18615 viewsMagic_Michu

I'm hearing the Rodgers could be announced as manager as early as this week.

The board and Rodgers have been waiting until mathematical safety before any announcement.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:38 - May 1 with 2079 views3swan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:35 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

It's guesswork though. Rodgers was here for two seasons. We won promotion in the first and comfortably mid table in the Prem in the second. Which frankly remains a startling achievement with the players we had that season. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that we'd plateaued under Rodgers.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 21:41]

That's why opinions are what they are. I've just given a couple of thoughts in a reply to Darran, about whether he could bring in the right players or change his tactics.

Not knocking what he did at all....especially the mud table bit
Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:39 - May 1 with 2074 views3swan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:38 - May 1 by Darran

Change what?

Tactics
Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:40 - May 1 with 2052 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:38 - May 1 by 3swan

That's why opinions are what they are. I've just given a couple of thoughts in a reply to Darran, about whether he could bring in the right players or change his tactics.

Not knocking what he did at all....especially the mud table bit

You've lost me tonight Clive.

And yeah it's Sunday night this weekend before you ask.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:41 - May 1 with 2044 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:39 - May 1 by 3swan

Tactics

His tactics worked we finished 11th in our first ever Prem season.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:44 - May 1 with 2011 views3swan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:40 - May 1 by Darran

You've lost me tonight Clive.

And yeah it's Sunday night this weekend before you ask.

Get a new Sat Nav then

He had done well with the players at his disposal but he had a core to work on. I think the time for change had come and didn't think he could bring in players we needed, and he seemed convinced that his tactics were the way to go forward.

He's paid to make those decisions I pay to watch and give opinions
Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:50 - May 1 with 1970 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:44 - May 1 by 3swan

Get a new Sat Nav then

He had done well with the players at his disposal but he had a core to work on. I think the time for change had come and didn't think he could bring in players we needed, and he seemed convinced that his tactics were the way to go forward.

He's paid to make those decisions I pay to watch and give opinions

I just don't understand how anyone can come to that after one season in charge when we finished 11th with what he had,f*ck me he played Gower at Spurs and Tate at United out of sentiment mun.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:54 - May 1 with 1959 viewsmonmouth

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:03 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

The club I support will have a manager, whoever that may be, and some players, whoever they may be, in the Premier League.

I can't bring myself to get too uptight about the personnel at this point. I'm up for the Swans free summer now.

And some owners, whoever they might be.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:58 - May 1 with 1923 viewsexiledclaseboy

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:54 - May 1 by monmouth

And some owners, whoever they might be.

We're going to be nationalised by the Welsh Government.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:59 - May 1 with 1909 views3swan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:50 - May 1 by Darran

I just don't understand how anyone can come to that after one season in charge when we finished 11th with what he had,f*ck me he played Gower at Spurs and Tate at United out of sentiment mun.

You keep saying what he had done, which I have agreed with

I give an opinion on what I think he could do looking forward.

Can't say it any clearer. It's down to gut feeling.

Enjoy your weekend drink (Hot milk)
Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:00 - May 1 with 1899 viewslifelong

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:50 - May 1 by Darran

I thought Mark Gower played very well in that game.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:02 - May 1 with 1886 viewsbarry_island

edited FFS. Fat Fingers Syndrome.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 22:06]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:04 - May 1 with 1854 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:59 - May 1 by 3swan

You keep saying what he had done, which I have agreed with

I give an opinion on what I think he could do looking forward.

Can't say it any clearer. It's down to gut feeling.

Enjoy your weekend drink (Hot milk)

Thanks Clive love you Dude. ❤️

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:04 - May 1 with 1835 viewsbarry_island

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:58 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

Don't joke about it, we'd be moved to Cardiff for the greater good and sponsorship opportunities before we knew anything about it, a la Glamorgan.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:05 - May 1 with 1831 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:00 - May 1 by lifelong

I thought Mark Gower played very well in that game.

Be serious young man he only came on because he was ex Spurs the same as Tate was ex United.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:05 - May 1 with 1829 views3swan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:04 - May 1 by Darran

Thanks Clive love you Dude. ❤️

XX

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:19 - May 1 with 1737 viewsOxOsp

Rodgers did a really good job for two seasons by blending Martinez's attack and Sousa's defence. He had the right ingredients.

We now have to partly rebuild the squad with sound recruitment. He's not had to do that in any of his jobs - Chelsea, Watford, Reading. He is, undoubtedly, an excellent coach but as a recruiter, I'm not sure.

At Liverpool a rebuild was probably needed and he failed - the departure of Suarez highlighted the cracks. He failed to plan for the departure of Gerrard, just as we have failed to plan for the departure of Leon.

So, I'm not sure he is what we need right now - but his performance in those two years means he's earned some slack in my opinion.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:32 - May 1 with 1691 viewsDewi1jack

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:58 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

That's us fugged then.
Conference 5 seasons after their take over.

FG came in here when Brenda appears to have bottled it as we were dead certs to go down and in MHO I think Frankie should be given the job.
He inherited a group (definitely not a team) of unfit, certainly unprofessional players, although even describing them as players might be stretching the truth a tad.
Today was proof of what our players can do. They look fitter and more willing to put some effort in, yet against Festa?????
Yet against many, many teams this season?????
Newcastle we could have slaughtered if we had played like that
Today actually looked like a Guido team, even if there is only one player at the club he requested.
IMHO, Guido will have more contacts for players than BR and after what he and Curt have done since they both took over (individually and together) then I reckon leave things as they are.

I will get behind Brenda if he does get the nod, however I feel about that decision.
Seems many on here want him back.
Let's get Bobby turning us to booze as his No 2. Pascoe, GM, KO'L and Beattie back as coaches as well shall we?
If not FG then someone fresh who can start to rebuild us slowly but surely.

Used to trust in Jenkins and the board, but they've proved how sly and underhanded they can be.
If they can't trust the Trust then I can't trust them

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:39 - May 1 with 1649 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:32 - May 1 by Dewi1jack

That's us fugged then.
Conference 5 seasons after their take over.

FG came in here when Brenda appears to have bottled it as we were dead certs to go down and in MHO I think Frankie should be given the job.
He inherited a group (definitely not a team) of unfit, certainly unprofessional players, although even describing them as players might be stretching the truth a tad.
Today was proof of what our players can do. They look fitter and more willing to put some effort in, yet against Festa?????
Yet against many, many teams this season?????
Newcastle we could have slaughtered if we had played like that
Today actually looked like a Guido team, even if there is only one player at the club he requested.
IMHO, Guido will have more contacts for players than BR and after what he and Curt have done since they both took over (individually and together) then I reckon leave things as they are.

I will get behind Brenda if he does get the nod, however I feel about that decision.
Seems many on here want him back.
Let's get Bobby turning us to booze as his No 2. Pascoe, GM, KO'L and Beattie back as coaches as well shall we?
If not FG then someone fresh who can start to rebuild us slowly but surely.

Used to trust in Jenkins and the board, but they've proved how sly and underhanded they can be.
If they can't trust the Trust then I can't trust them

Brilliant brilliant post Dewij.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:47 - May 1 with 1616 viewsHubert

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:20 - May 1 by dobjack2

You may still trust him but the way in which the share sale has been undertaken has lost him my trust for what it is worth in the grand scheme of things. In my view once the shares have been sold he can advise his employers but they will have the final word on what he does or says.

No shares have been sold at this point. Do you trade off the last god knows how many years of moving forward just because some people - maybe Huw - have got us this far?

He has, and always will have the best interests of the club at heart, IMHO
Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:54 - May 1 with 1581 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:47 - May 1 by Hubert

No shares have been sold at this point. Do you trade off the last god knows how many years of moving forward just because some people - maybe Huw - have got us this far?

Bull f*cking shit.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:54 - May 1 with 1580 viewsjasper_T

Rodgers promised to sign some more tall, dreadlocked gentlemen and Jenkins' trousers tightened up so fast he could barely get his pen out to sign the contract.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:54 - May 1 with 1580 viewsAngelRangelQS

I honestly don't think Guidolin has done enough to get the job full time. I also don't think he really wants it
Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:57 - May 1 with 1559 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:54 - May 1 by AngelRangelQS

I honestly don't think Guidolin has done enough to get the job full time. I also don't think he really wants it

Well some will say he has but those people weren't saying it last Sunday or the Saturday before.
7-0

Rodgers to be announced soon on 23:07 - May 1 with 1517 viewsDewi1jack

It appears at the mo that he has and always will have the best interests of his pocket at heart.
Had the opportunity on many away trips, board meetings, coffee mornings/ bring and buy sales or any other time to be open and honest with the Trust SD.
Even just the decency to drop hints about the planned sale would have been good.
Maybe even the belief that if he had asked HC not to say a dickie, then that would have been honoured.

Cant trust the Trust, I can't trust him

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 23:41 - May 1 with 1403 viewsmajorraglan

Hubert, imagine being in business with someone for over 15 years then coming in to work one day to find that your business partners had been talking to someone you didn't know from Adam about selling their 80% share in the business you had built up from scratch! Worse still, these talks had been going on for months and months.

Hubert or Herbert!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024