Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodgers to be announced soon 18:30 - May 1 with 18634 viewsMagic_Michu

I'm hearing the Rodgers could be announced as manager as early as this week.

The board and Rodgers have been waiting until mathematical safety before any announcement.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Rodgers to be announced soon on 23:48 - May 1 with 2475 viewsSwanseajill

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:57 - May 1 by Darran

Well some will say he has but those people weren't saying it last Sunday or the Saturday before.
7-0

I honestly don't have a clue which team is going to appear at any given game atm.

One week were outstanding and the next, we are like Paradise Park players. Although today we played with passion and energy, I've lost confidence that they will appear he same team next week.

as far as our present manager is concerned. I was under the impression that he only came here until the end of the season...from the off? What has changed since then?

Until there is a caste iron takeover *shudder* ....then surely there can be no decisions on who will be in charge as there is no official word on anything at the moment. But, there is going to be a lot of fingers needing to be pulled out, for next season is just waiting what will seem just around the corner.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 01:57 - May 2 with 2311 viewscockneyswan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 21:35 - May 1 by exiledclaseboy

It's guesswork though. Rodgers was here for two seasons. We won promotion in the first and comfortably mid table in the Prem in the second. Which frankly remains a startling achievement with the players we had that season. There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that we'd plateaued under Rodgers.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 21:41]

Under Rodgers we were one dimensional no plan b, failed at Liverpool with huge resources, we must get a better manager than Rodgers or I fear we might not escape the drop next season 😢
Rodgers to be announced soon on 02:45 - May 2 with 2286 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Rodgers to be announced soon on 18:58 - May 1 by jackjackjackjack

What happened to the South Americans that Huw interviewed? I'm still hoping for Bielsa.

None of them wanted to buy. El Chapo thought the board were a bit too shady for him

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 07:02 - May 2 with 2169 viewsStarsky

Rodgers to be announced soon on 01:57 - May 2 by cockneyswan

Under Rodgers we were one dimensional no plan b, failed at Liverpool with huge resources, we must get a better manager than Rodgers or I fear we might not escape the drop next season 😢

Tell me who has succeeded at Liverpool since the glory years?
Gerard's slip cost him the Premier title, so I wouldn't call it an utter Failure.

It's just the internet, init.

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:14 - May 2 with 2078 viewsjack247

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:57 - May 1 by Darran

Well some will say he has but those people weren't saying it last Sunday or the Saturday before.
7-0

I was. Ive been saying it since we beat Villa.

In HJs defence though, he hasn't really got a managerial appointment wrong yet. He may have hung on to Monk and possibly Laudrup too long, but his record bringing managers in is top notch.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:17 - May 2 with 2048 viewsdobjack2

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:47 - May 1 by Hubert

No shares have been sold at this point. Do you trade off the last god knows how many years of moving forward just because some people - maybe Huw - have got us this far?

He has, and always will have the best interests of the club at heart, IMHO

As ever it is the way that something is done rather than the act itself that causes issues.

I respect your point of view but in my book trust and respect are things that are hard earned and very quickly lost. A share sale has not happened yet but it is the way that we have got to this position that is the issue for me rather than the fact that shareholders want to sell their shares.

Just remember Martinez did a lot for this club but his time here will be tainted for many by the way in which he left the club rather than the fact that he left the club.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:26 - May 2 with 2007 viewswaynekerr55

Rodgers to be announced soon on 01:57 - May 2 by cockneyswan

You talk about huge resources yet he wasn't responsible for transfers in and out.

No plan b? Look at how many formations he played at Liverpool, he's certainly kicked on since he left us

Plus he has come closer to delivering the title than any Liverpool manager in the past 26 years.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:33 - May 2 with 1973 viewsDr_Winston

Brendan's achievements here were remarkable. The obsession with possession went a bit too far sometimes (games where we lined up with three CM's were often a bit dull to watch) but you can't knock him for the legacy he left. If he's evolved his style a bit since leaving then there's no reason why he can't do a decent job again.

My problem with him returning is the same as others have stated. Giving him the job again would hark back to the appointment of Monk when we didn't even bother looking at who else was available. Southampton's continued progression under the manager we ignored neatly underlines the stupidity of that line of thinking.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:34 - May 2 with 1966 viewsjack247

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:26 - May 2 by waynekerr55

You talk about huge resources yet he wasn't responsible for transfers in and out.

No plan b? Look at how many formations he played at Liverpool, he's certainly kicked on since he left us

Plus he has come closer to delivering the title than any Liverpool manager in the past 26 years.

He did incredibly well in his first full season there, with the best player in the league by a mile, then he didn't and he got sacked. Much like Garry Monk.

He was brilliant for us, no question. I think Guidolin has shown the potential to do better though, I appreciate not everyone agrees. If we don't keep him, we won't get a better chance to bring in a really top class manager than this summer.

Re. Transfers, don't believe all his PR. They had a committee, but do you honestly think they would have sanctioned £15m for Joe Allen if he didn't have a prominent voice there?
Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:41 - May 2 with 1933 viewswaynekerr55

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:34 - May 2 by jack247

He did incredibly well in his first full season there, with the best player in the league by a mile, then he didn't and he got sacked. Much like Garry Monk.

He was brilliant for us, no question. I think Guidolin has shown the potential to do better though, I appreciate not everyone agrees. If we don't keep him, we won't get a better chance to bring in a really top class manager than this summer.

Re. Transfers, don't believe all his PR. They had a committee, but do you honestly think they would have sanctioned £15m for Joe Allen if he didn't have a prominent voice there?

Well he did fit the fsg young and potential criteria.

FFS theh Spunked money on sakho yet wouldn't give him 10m for ash

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:43 - May 2 with 1927 viewscockneyswan

Good post 👍
Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:45 - May 2 with 1913 viewsThornburyswan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 22:19 - May 1 by OxOsp

Rodgers did a really good job for two seasons by blending Martinez's attack and Sousa's defence. He had the right ingredients.

We now have to partly rebuild the squad with sound recruitment. He's not had to do that in any of his jobs - Chelsea, Watford, Reading. He is, undoubtedly, an excellent coach but as a recruiter, I'm not sure.

At Liverpool a rebuild was probably needed and he failed - the departure of Suarez highlighted the cracks. He failed to plan for the departure of Gerrard, just as we have failed to plan for the departure of Leon.

So, I'm not sure he is what we need right now - but his performance in those two years means he's earned some slack in my opinion.

Nice post - nail & head come to mind.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:48 - May 2 with 1893 viewsPrivate_Partz

Indeed. You can add Borini to that as well. One of the initial stumbling blocks to his appointment was that he felt the post on offer did not have sufficient control over transfers. That problem was addressed to his satisfaction and he took the job. He inherited a very good squad and got them within a whisker of the title. Mainly down to the Suarez factor. Unfortunately he could not drive on from there and, despite all the signings, they were going backwards.
Liverpool is not a poisoned chalice either. They have just appointed managers badly over the last quarter of a century.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:52 - May 2 with 1876 viewsMrSwerve

Rodgers to be announced soon on 18:54 - May 1 by icecoldjack

Time will tell Darran.

If Rodgers comes in and does great, awesome ! however if he does not then his lack of backbone in our hour of need will constantly get thrown up, i'm sure you've followed the game long enough to know how it all works .

How about we 'throw up' the fact he got us into the Premier League in the first place?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:54 - May 2 with 1873 viewscockneyswan

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:26 - May 2 by waynekerr55

He inherited a team with one of the best strikers the prem has ever seen (Suarez ) he f*ucked up the best chance of the title, done on tactics by moreneo. Once Suarez went he could not get a tune from his own signings or any of the others (just ask the Liverpool faithful ). He turned us down when monk went, I don't think he deserves us now, and to repeat I fear for our prem future with Rodgers in charge. Having said all that I will be eternally grateful for him getting us to the prem but I do not think that justifies getting him back now at the expense of Guido.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:59 - May 2 with 1861 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:54 - May 2 by cockneyswan

He inherited a team with one of the best strikers the prem has ever seen (Suarez ) he f*ucked up the best chance of the title, done on tactics by moreneo. Once Suarez went he could not get a tune from his own signings or any of the others (just ask the Liverpool faithful ). He turned us down when monk went, I don't think he deserves us now, and to repeat I fear for our prem future with Rodgers in charge. Having said all that I will be eternally grateful for him getting us to the prem but I do not think that justifies getting him back now at the expense of Guido.

Agreed. He didn't fancy a relegation battle so why should he just be parachuted into the job now all the hard work has been done?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rodgers to be announced soon on 09:14 - May 2 with 1804 viewsDracan66

I don't quite understand the urgency to appoint next seasons manager when we've still got two extremely difficult games remaining.
FG was dealt an extremely difficult hand when he took over so let's let him get over the finishing line before judging who should take the reins for another season.
I like the guy but still the net needs to be cast far and wide to see what other quality managers are interested in the role.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 09:30 - May 2 with 1749 viewsjack247

Rodgers to be announced soon on 08:52 - May 2 by MrSwerve

How about we 'throw up' the fact he got us into the Premier League in the first place?

A lot of us think FG is the better manager. That doesn't, for me at least, diminish the incredible two years Brendan had here.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 10:29 - May 2 with 1618 viewsperplex

Rodgers to be announced soon on 18:55 - May 1 by Darran

Of cousrse time will tell that's what I'm saying.

I know you are very excitable, but take time to type mun, unless you can not spell, if so i take the comment back and suggest you start using spell checker to help you.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 10:48 - May 2 with 1560 viewsMrSwerve

Rodgers to be announced soon on 09:30 - May 2 by jack247

A lot of us think FG is the better manager. That doesn't, for me at least, diminish the incredible two years Brendan had here.

I'm not quite sure why, though. Guido's career has been pretty unremarkable apart from the odd year here or there. Pretty much been a journeyman...but he has the experience and contacts I'll give him that.

That being said, I'd be happy to give FG a shot at it...but Brendan is certainly no worse.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Rodgers to be announced soon on 11:01 - May 2 with 1520 viewsDarran

Rodgers to be announced soon on 10:48 - May 2 by MrSwerve

I'm not quite sure why, though. Guido's career has been pretty unremarkable apart from the odd year here or there. Pretty much been a journeyman...but he has the experience and contacts I'll give him that.

That being said, I'd be happy to give FG a shot at it...but Brendan is certainly no worse.

He's single handedly saved us from relegation and got us playing fast flowing football again mun.
(From his hospital bed)

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rodgers to be announced soon on 11:05 - May 2 with 1511 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I love Brendan Rodgers for the two seasons we had under him but when the going got tough in December he had a dentist's appointment.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rodgers to be announced soon on 11:05 - May 2 with 1510 viewsjack247

Rodgers to be announced soon on 10:48 - May 2 by MrSwerve

Honestly, I'm not judging him on his career, I'm judging him on what he has done here. Took over a club heading for the Championship and steered them to virtual safety with 6 games left. Also been very impressed with the improvements in Montero and Barrow.

I've said it a few times, I think we can do better than Brendan, but reappointing him would be by no means a disaster.
Rodgers to be announced soon on 11:54 - May 2 with 1376 viewsMagic_Michu

Rodgers to be announced soon on 11:05 - May 2 by jack247

Honestly, I'm not judging him on his career, I'm judging him on what he has done here. Took over a club heading for the Championship and steered them to virtual safety with 6 games left. Also been very impressed with the improvements in Montero and Barrow.

I've said it a few times, I think we can do better than Brendan, but reappointing him would be by no means a disaster.

How much is that to do with Guidolin and how much is that to do with Curtis?

I know for sure I don't want an ill chain smoking manager who can't be ars@d to get out of his car when it's raining during training.

Thanks for helping keep us up but we must move forward from this managerial dinosaur.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

N/A. on 12:56 - May 2 with 1282 viewsHuw57

Rodgers to be announced soon on 11:54 - May 2 by Magic_Michu

How much is that to do with Guidolin and how much is that to do with Curtis?

I know for sure I don't want an ill chain smoking manager who can't be ars@d to get out of his car when it's raining during training.

Thanks for helping keep us up but we must move forward from this managerial dinosaur.

N/A.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 0:07]

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024