Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unlikely but not impossible 00:40 - May 2 with 2742 viewsJethroJack

Leicester lose next 2 and Spurs win next 3.
Bloody 'ell, embarrassing or what 😊
Unlikely but not impossible on 13:57 - May 2 with 721 viewsWhiterockin

Unlikely but not impossible on 13:51 - May 2 by Phil_S

Genuine question how does everyone think Leicester will do next season given the distraction of at least 6 Champions League games between September and December?

TBH I think that they will struggle in the league and Europe. Some of their key players will move on as agents will be keen to profit while stock is high. Although they are are in the Champions League it will be tough to recruit the best players and their squad is not good enough. As they are new to Europe they will have a poor seeding, I would expect them to drop into the Europa League where they could do OK. But this would give them more problems in the league. Saying that I would love to be in their place.
Unlikely but not impossible on 13:57 - May 2 with 721 viewsjack247

Unlikely but not impossible on 12:30 - May 2 by pikeypaul

Genuine question and not a criticism.

Would you prefer Swansea be in Leicester's posistion or Spurs posistion today?

I agree I would prefer Swansea play like Spurs but if it was a choice of playing like Leicester and winning the league I would take that.

From a Swansea port of view, Leicesters as we have never won the league. They may never again. Taking that out of it, I'd rather be in Tottenhams, they have the potential to go on and be a real force.

Leicester will win the league. Tottenham have built a young team that is unlikely to get picked apart by vultures and will probably at least challenge for the title for the next few seasons. Remains to be seen what Pep does at City, but I'd say Spurs will be the best team in the league for the next couple of years.
Unlikely but not impossible on 14:10 - May 2 with 711 viewslondonlisa2001

Genuine question how does everyone think Leicester will do next season given the distraction of at least 6 Champions League games between September and December?

The temptation is to assume they will do badly with the distraction.

However, Ranieri is a very good manager and their owners have very very deep pockets, so they may not struggle quite as much as people assume. Biggest challenge will be keeping Mahrez, Kante and Vardy from the so called 'bigger' clubs, although I can't help thinking that Vardy has just had one of those seasons where everything goes right for him and will never be repeated. The other two I think are genuinely great players.

That Kante position is in some ways THE position that can change the fortunes of a team the way that football is now (or at least the premier league). That's why we look so much better when Leon is on song and have looked disjointed when not (or when he wasn't playing at the beginning if the season). If only we could find someone like Kante now that Leon nears the end of his career.
Unlikely but not impossible on 14:23 - May 2 with 681 viewsmonmouth

I hope they crash and burn next year. I agree that they are a horrible club that have exploited the lax footballing environment to get away with some cynical abuses - and still maybe doing so, and maybe not alone in that. On and off the field, a cynical nasty bunch.

I can't help but admire their courage and self belief though. The pressure they've been under should have seen some of these very ordinary players crumble. Morgan, Huth and Simpson for God's sake. There's not enough performance enhancers in all the world to deal with that. That we allowed them to beat us 7-0 on aggregate is truly shameful to me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Unlikely but not impossible on 14:32 - May 2 with 676 viewsJethroJack

Unlikely but not impossible on 12:51 - May 2 by pikeypaul

What about Leicester's posistion playing like Leicester?

On a matter of principle, no....simply because the way they play does not guarantee sustained success. Spurs are more likely to win more silverware in the next 5yrs playing "football" than Leicester's flukey one-off success with kick 'n rush 😜
Unlikely but not impossible on 15:20 - May 2 with 620 viewssherpajacob

Mahrez is a magnificent player and goes to show that there are top quality players all over the world. You don't need to spend tens of millions on a Brazilian/ Argentinean/ Frenchman etc.

However for his disgraceful cheating at the liberty I hope they royally feck it up and ash reminds him of the fact next season

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Unlikely but not impossible on 15:24 - May 2 with 606 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Unlikely but not impossible on 15:20 - May 2 by sherpajacob

Mahrez is a magnificent player and goes to show that there are top quality players all over the world. You don't need to spend tens of millions on a Brazilian/ Argentinean/ Frenchman etc.

However for his disgraceful cheating at the liberty I hope they royally feck it up and ash reminds him of the fact next season

Pity he missed his chance to do that at the king power .
Too busy setting him up for a goal wasn't he lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Unlikely but not impossible on 17:31 - May 2 with 554 viewspikeypaul

Unlikely but not impossible on 13:57 - May 2 by Whiterockin

TBH I think that they will struggle in the league and Europe. Some of their key players will move on as agents will be keen to profit while stock is high. Although they are are in the Champions League it will be tough to recruit the best players and their squad is not good enough. As they are new to Europe they will have a poor seeding, I would expect them to drop into the Europa League where they could do OK. But this would give them more problems in the league. Saying that I would love to be in their place.

If Leicester win the league they will be top seed from England and go in pot 1

It does not go on coefficients.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Unlikely but not impossible on 17:34 - May 2 with 538 viewsbarry_island

Bottom 6. I think by September they'll be racing to exit the Champions League and avoid the Europa League.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 17:38]

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Unlikely but not impossible on 18:49 - May 2 with 493 viewssherpajacob

I think mahrez and kante will be successful in the champions league next season.

I think Leicester will struggle.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024