Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... 12:08 - May 2 with 6255 viewsjackjackjackjack

This was the table on January 18th

Give him, and Curtis, a bit of credit.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:40 - May 2 with 1238 viewsjacktar

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:25 - May 2 by barry_island

I think the address of Mossack Fonseca, Panama City appears to have been more on the board's collective minds than the triviality of our manager's position.

What ..... our Huw and co?
Never!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:41 - May 2 with 1234 viewskarnataka

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:15 - May 2 by Loyal

Liverpool were there for an absolute hiding, we could have turned them to stone in the second half but we approached it very conservatively to the extent we let them back in to the game and could have blown it.

I think you're probably right and the proof would be that as soon as they had scored after we'd gone into our shells for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, we just went up through the gears and went back to playing exactly like we had in the first half and scored again within 4 minutes to restore the 2 goal advantage. I was pretty sure there were 4 or 5 goals in the game for us if we had played the full 90 like we'd played in the first half. I know it's difficult for players to keep pressing for 90 minutes like we had been doing but that's what subs are for and the last thing they'd have wanted for the last 15 minutes was someone like Mo coming on and us keeping the tempo up especially when they were down to 10 men.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:44 - May 2 with 1212 viewsJackFish

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:11 - May 2 by Starsky

I tell you what, looking at that table.
Have a look at Crystal Palace

31 points then - they only had 39 now!
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:49 - May 2 with 1179 viewscockneyswan

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:41 - May 2 by karnataka

I think you're probably right and the proof would be that as soon as they had scored after we'd gone into our shells for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half, we just went up through the gears and went back to playing exactly like we had in the first half and scored again within 4 minutes to restore the 2 goal advantage. I was pretty sure there were 4 or 5 goals in the game for us if we had played the full 90 like we'd played in the first half. I know it's difficult for players to keep pressing for 90 minutes like we had been doing but that's what subs are for and the last thing they'd have wanted for the last 15 minutes was someone like Mo coming on and us keeping the tempo up especially when they were down to 10 men.

We won the game beating Liverpool for the first time in years, the win secured our premier league status with two games to spare. Newcastle Sunderland Norwich and villa would give anything to be in our position! What more do you want ffs!
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:50 - May 2 with 1169 viewsjacktar

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:41 - May 2 by karnataka

It's easy for us fans to say more of the same when we are playing well and got a team under the cosh. It's far more difficult as a player to maintain the pressure on a team when you're coasting and taking your foot off the pedal is more of a psychological thing regardless of how you would want to turn the screw on the opposition.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 18:26 - May 2 with 1097 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I have to be honest here and say I was fearing another no show by us and possibly another sh*tting to boot. To win 3-1 and be safe - ecstatic at that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 18:43 - May 2 with 1060 viewssully49

This close season will be the most important since we've been in the PL. As a club we will have decide on what is our objective next season. Do we go and attain the highest league position we possibly can or, like a lot of clubs do and maintain PL at all cost, never pushing for top 6 and all that follows or 40+ point mid table, never looking like going down. Is PL status the holy grail? Arguably next season is going to define Swansea City plc for generations to come.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 18:52]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 18:43 - May 2 with 1060 viewsDavillin

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 16:30 - May 2 by Quincy999

The thing is Huw works quite closely with the managers he sees things we don't by looking at statistics. If he gets another manager in instead of Guidolin then there is a reason for it.

New Yank owners?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Login to get fewer ads

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 18:48 - May 2 with 1046 viewsmonmouth

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 18:43 - May 2 by sully49

This close season will be the most important since we've been in the PL. As a club we will have decide on what is our objective next season. Do we go and attain the highest league position we possibly can or, like a lot of clubs do and maintain PL at all cost, never pushing for top 6 and all that follows or 40+ point mid table, never looking like going down. Is PL status the holy grail? Arguably next season is going to define Swansea City plc for generations to come.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 18:52]

We say that every season though!

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 19:17 - May 2 with 1008 viewskarnataka

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:49 - May 2 by cockneyswan

We won the game beating Liverpool for the first time in years, the win secured our premier league status with two games to spare. Newcastle Sunderland Norwich and villa would give anything to be in our position! What more do you want ffs!

I didn't say I wanted or expected more, all I said was that I felt more was available if we'd wanted it as a team. I'm not greedy, I'd have settled for their complete humiliation.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 19:43 - May 2 with 957 viewsPrivate_Partz

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 17:19 - May 2 by jacktar

It's my view that when Curt was offered the caretaker job until the end of the season (be it reluctantly), Huw had decided that maybe some support from an experienced manager/coach would assist him in keeping us up. After all, my understanding is that he offered similar to Monk but that was not to happen.
FG was probably only ever seen as support to Curt to keep us up, regardless of who is supposedly in charge. FG was also equally going to need the support of Curt and existing staff as he did not know the team or the Premier League so was probably seen as part of a management / coaching team imo.
I would imagine, as many seem to think on this board, that talks to secure our next permanent manager have been ongoing throughout FG's time here. Whether it's Brendan or whoever else, I can't see it being Guidolin. We must thank him for his work here, as I'm sure Huw will when he wishes him all the best for the future in a couple of weeks time.

You could be right but it does not stop it being a pile of bollocks though.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 19:47]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 19:51 - May 2 with 936 viewssully49

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 18:48 - May 2 by monmouth

We say that every season though!

The difference being, we've been found wanting at times this season and had a few uncomfortable weeks'. Previously we've been fortunate that HJ has always managed to find the rough diamond and shape it to the Swansea way, well that style has gone and we've become far more gritty than pretty. Can HJ do it again?
We need to offload quite a lot of deadwood and bring in fresh blood. AW, AR and LB are edging towards the end of their careers, we also need to find a proven goal scorer and cover certain positions within the squad, oh and a new Manager and assistant. IMHO we will not be able to balance the books in respect of revenues in v out, thankfully we have our share of the obcene money.
We can't allow the American saga to muddy the waters or depending on your view point they're the Calvary coming over the hill ready to buy us out of all our "challenges" but who will cash in?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 20:44 - May 2 with 862 viewsjacabertawe

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 19:51 - May 2 by sully49

The difference being, we've been found wanting at times this season and had a few uncomfortable weeks'. Previously we've been fortunate that HJ has always managed to find the rough diamond and shape it to the Swansea way, well that style has gone and we've become far more gritty than pretty. Can HJ do it again?
We need to offload quite a lot of deadwood and bring in fresh blood. AW, AR and LB are edging towards the end of their careers, we also need to find a proven goal scorer and cover certain positions within the squad, oh and a new Manager and assistant. IMHO we will not be able to balance the books in respect of revenues in v out, thankfully we have our share of the obcene money.
We can't allow the American saga to muddy the waters or depending on your view point they're the Calvary coming over the hill ready to buy us out of all our "challenges" but who will cash in?

"Calvary" Don't be cross.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 21:01 - May 2 with 828 viewssully49

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 20:44 - May 2 by jacabertawe

"Calvary" Don't be cross.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024