Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... 12:08 - May 2 with 6256 viewsjackjackjackjack

This was the table on January 18th

Give him, and Curtis, a bit of credit.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:09 - May 2 with 3203 viewsDarran

Well done Alan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:16 - May 2 with 3155 viewscockneyswan

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:09 - May 2 by Darran

Well done Alan.

Problem is Alan C doesn't want to be manager, guido does and obviously works well with Alan C as assistant. Give guido the job.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:18 - May 2 with 3144 viewsMagic_Michu

You think he works well with Curtis... ha ha.

Trust me, the 2 do not exactly get along.

Anyone wondered what happened to Dave Adams too?
[Post edited 2 May 2016 12:35]

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:20 - May 2 with 3135 viewsWarwickHunt

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:18 - May 2 by Magic_Michu

"Trust me, the 2 do not exactly get along?"

Is that a question?
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:39 - May 2 with 3054 viewsMagic_Michu

My mistake

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:41 - May 2 with 3030 viewsJethroJack

FFS give Guido the job....lets do a Leicester next season with another Italian 😊
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:44 - May 2 with 3006 viewsBorojack

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:09 - May 2 by Darran

Well done Alan.

Yes Alan was with him at Udinese when they qualified for the CL

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:53 - May 2 with 2957 viewsDr_Winston

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:44 - May 2 by Borojack

Twice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:56 - May 2 with 2939 viewsmajorraglan

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but since the 18th of January FG and AC and the coaching team working with the players on a daily basis have steadied the ship, results have improved and we have pulled away from the relegation zone, in December and January I honestly thought we were going down.

If the rate at which we have accumulated points over the last 15 games was replicated over the course of a season, we would have 60.8 points which is top 8 form.

I know that some of the performances have been crap, but we have ground out results, we have also played really well in some games and got nothing. Personally, I would like to see FG given an opportunity, he has a good track record in Italy of operating on smaller budgets and producing competitive teams which have played a tidy brand of football. This season he's also had to work with someone else's players some of whom we have to accept are passed their prime!

I can see why people wouldn't want FG and I can see similar arguments about BR. Whatever happens, I think the club needs to make sure next seasons manager has a good boot room of experienced coaches who have experience at the highest level. We are in there Premiere League, the most competitive league in the world where clubs attract the best players and coaches, to go up against teams with inexperienced academy coaches or non league coaches is not the way forward unless we want to be in the Champoinship.

Our squad has a collection of international and club players who have played under some excellent managers and coaches during their careers, I am sure that they know the difference between duffers and diamonds. If we want to move forward, we have to have the right manager, someone who will command their respect and have their confidence.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:00 - May 2 with 2925 viewsdailew

24 from 15 and the best pts/games ratio for any Swans manager in the top flight is all well and good but he bought Naughton on instead of Mo !!
[Post edited 2 May 2016 13:40]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:08 - May 2 with 2882 viewsWarwickHunt

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:00 - May 2 by dailew

24 from 15 and the best pts/games ratio for any Swans manager in the top flight is all well and good but he bought Naughton on instead of Mo !!

To defend a lead.
Against Liverpool.
For mathematical safety.

Burn him!
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:12 - May 2 with 2842 viewscockneyswan

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:00 - May 2 by dailew

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:15 - May 2 with 2815 viewsLoyal

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:08 - May 2 by WarwickHunt

To defend a lead.
Against Liverpool.
For mathematical safety.

Burn him!

Liverpool were there for an absolute hiding, we could have turned them to stone in the second half but we approached it very conservatively to the extent we let them back in to the game and could have blown it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:15 - May 2 with 2814 viewsblaine_scfc

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:18 - May 2 by Magic_Michu

What makes you think they don't get along?
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:23 - May 2 with 2777 viewsWarwickHunt

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:15 - May 2 by Loyal

Liverpool were there for an absolute hiding, we could have turned them to stone in the second half but we approached it very conservatively to the extent we let them back in to the game and could have blown it.

But. We. Didn't.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:28 - May 2 with 2750 viewsmax936

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:56 - May 2 by majorraglan

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but since the 18th of January FG and AC and the coaching team working with the players on a daily basis have steadied the ship, results have improved and we have pulled away from the relegation zone, in December and January I honestly thought we were going down.

If the rate at which we have accumulated points over the last 15 games was replicated over the course of a season, we would have 60.8 points which is top 8 form.

I know that some of the performances have been crap, but we have ground out results, we have also played really well in some games and got nothing. Personally, I would like to see FG given an opportunity, he has a good track record in Italy of operating on smaller budgets and producing competitive teams which have played a tidy brand of football. This season he's also had to work with someone else's players some of whom we have to accept are passed their prime!

I can see why people wouldn't want FG and I can see similar arguments about BR. Whatever happens, I think the club needs to make sure next seasons manager has a good boot room of experienced coaches who have experience at the highest level. We are in there Premiere League, the most competitive league in the world where clubs attract the best players and coaches, to go up against teams with inexperienced academy coaches or non league coaches is not the way forward unless we want to be in the Champoinship.

Our squad has a collection of international and club players who have played under some excellent managers and coaches during their careers, I am sure that they know the difference between duffers and diamonds. If we want to move forward, we have to have the right manager, someone who will command their respect and have their confidence.

Good post, 24 pts in 15 games is a great return for us from where we were excellent stuff.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:51 - May 2 with 2664 viewsoldcob

They don't have to be best buddies, as long as they work well together as they obviously do.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 14:01 - May 2 with 2634 viewsjack247

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 13:15 - May 2 by Loyal

So now we are criticising him for games we won comfortably, but may not have.

Jesus.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 14:11 - May 2 with 2595 viewsDafyddHuw

Is the point of this thread to say that Guidolin has done well for us, or a plea for him to be our manager next season?

Cos if it's the latter, then that ship sailed a while ago.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 14:16 - May 2 with 2579 viewsclement

"Alan is my friend, he is the perfect person, we see football in the same way and he is important for me and the club, important for Swansea fans and the feeling is perfect between us."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/francesco-guidolin-qa-

seemed to like him in march

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 14:58 - May 2 with 2466 viewssully49

At times yesterday we played some of the best football that I can recall all season, still I don't know if FG is the right man to "gamble" a 3 or 5 year contract on? He has, with AC, achieved what the was hired to do, but...... His CV is impressive but......
with Judas Ayew honouring GM with his brace yesterday does he have the dressing room behind him? Can we trust him enough to bring in new players, more importantly, know who to get rid of? but......
Its the same delema I had with GM becoming Manager, in the end I had to believe HJ made the right call. but......

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:01 - May 2 with 2443 viewsicecoldjack

Only villa had won less games than us.

FG ,curt and all the staff have done a great job.
For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:04 - May 2 with 2412 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:44 - May 2 by Borojack

Nearly spat my beer there
Post of the week
[Post edited 2 May 2016 15:08]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:04 - May 2 with 2410 viewssully49

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:01 - May 2 by icecoldjack

Only villa had won less games than us.

FG ,curt and all the staff have done a great job.

I second that.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 15:04 - May 2 with 2410 viewsBrynmill_Jack

For those who think Guidolin is overrated, negative, useless... on 12:53 - May 2 by Dr_Winston

Twice.

Runner up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024