Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Research on Policing at Football 14:31 - May 2 with 4253 viewstheacademic

Dear all,

Given that research is finding a more sanitised and gentrified culture of British football (see: https://www.academia.edu/18862556/Football_Fans_Views_of_Violence_in_British_Foo I am hoping you could spare a few minutes to share your views on policing at football:

https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/policing_football

Thanks in advance.
Research on Policing at Football on 14:48 - May 2 with 3031 viewstrampie

Never trust the police.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Research on Policing at Football on 14:56 - May 2 with 3018 viewsLoyal

Research on Policing at Football on 14:48 - May 2 by trampie

Never trust the police.

Except the one who saved the life of a member of my family 👍
Oh, and the one who turned up at my house and caught a burglar 👍
And maybe the one who came and found me with my lost wallet at a Swans game four years ago 👍
Good and bad everywhere mate, isolating whole groups of people shouldn't be in your brief 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Research on Policing at Football on 15:40 - May 2 with 2963 viewstrampie

Power corrupts, be wary, very wary.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Research on Policing at Football on 15:48 - May 2 with 2951 viewsDewi1jack

Research on Policing at Football on 14:56 - May 2 by Loyal

Except the one who saved the life of a member of my family 👍
Oh, and the one who turned up at my house and caught a burglar 👍
And maybe the one who came and found me with my lost wallet at a Swans game four years ago 👍
Good and bad everywhere mate, isolating whole groups of people shouldn't be in your brief 👍

Is the right answer.
Many Police have laid down their lives protecting others and should IMHO, be given the same respect as the military, until they prove they don't deserve it.
If you learn the laws and regulations, then the Police can only be fair with you. It's in their Oath
Most of them have no idea on the laws and regulations anyway and rely heavily on you "confessing voluntarily" to allow them to issue a ticket

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Research on Policing at Football on 15:56 - May 2 with 2943 viewstrampie

Apparently you are more likely to die at the hands of the police than a terrorist.

Research on Policing at Football on 16:00 - May 2 with 2929 viewslondonlisa2001

Research on Policing at Football on 15:56 - May 2 by trampie

Apparently you are more likely to die at the hands of the police than a terrorist.

That's totally untrue for virtually everyone if not everyone on this forum of course and once again shows you to be an idiot.
Research on Policing at Football on 16:11 - May 2 with 2900 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Research on Policing at Football on 16:00 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

That's totally untrue for virtually everyone if not everyone on this forum of course and once again shows you to be an idiot.

May be true in America where 1000, people are killed by the police every year. In the Uk I guess it is one or two on an average and usually one if they armed and refuse to put weapon down. The UK police have to justify their actions every time they fire.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Research on Policing at Football on 21:55 - May 2 with 2811 viewscontroversial_jack

Research on Policing at Football on 16:00 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

It's true actually.
Login to get fewer ads

Research on Policing at Football on 21:58 - May 2 with 2802 viewscontroversial_jack

Research on Policing at Football on 16:11 - May 2 by felixstowe_jack

May be true in America where 1000, people are killed by the police every year. In the Uk I guess it is one or two on an average and usually one if they armed and refuse to put weapon down. The UK police have to justify their actions every time they fire.

It's way more than that, 30 last year, and has been as many as 90 in some years during the last decade or so
Research on Policing at Football on 22:01 - May 2 with 2796 viewsPacemaker

Research on Policing at Football on 21:58 - May 2 by controversial_jack

It's way more than that, 30 last year, and has been as many as 90 in some years during the last decade or so

Where did you get those figures from?

If you mean 30 following police contact that is nothing like 30 killed by police.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Research on Policing at Football on 22:06 - May 2 with 2782 viewsLoyal

Research on Policing at Football on 21:55 - May 2 by controversial_jack

It's true actually.

As stated good and bad everywhere, so I would be interested to read the link to this 'fact'

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Research on Policing at Football on 22:11 - May 2 with 2765 viewsLoyal

Research on Policing at Football on 15:40 - May 2 by trampie

Isolating whole groups of people is a breeding ground for isolating other whole groups of people, as a result whole groups of people, say .....

Choose a group. Any group. What do you think is happening ?

The very thing you stand for and despise maybe ?

Oh, and to compare your rhetoric with other branches of the emergency services ....

All Doctors Are Bastards !

Fcking ridiculous.

Next time you need help mate - Call a hippy.

Research on Policing at Football on 22:21 - May 2 with 2738 viewsPacemaker

Research on Policing at Football on 22:06 - May 2 by Loyal

As stated good and bad everywhere, so I would be interested to read the link to this 'fact'

I think he has had it from here, which includes deaths following any contact with police in previous 24 hrs.

http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics/deaths-in-police-custody

Research on Policing at Football on 22:30 - May 2 with 2718 viewsLoyal

Research on Policing at Football on 22:21 - May 2 by Pacemaker

I think he has had it from here, which includes deaths following any contact with police in previous 24 hrs.

http://www.inquest.org.uk/statistics/deaths-in-police-custody

Many of these people came in to contact with the law as a result of their own choices.

And the total figure for 2015 if correct means that our Trampies stat on terrorism and police contact is incorrect. Very incorrect. 30 UK nationals died in one terrorist hit in Tunisia.

It's so sad that incidents like this are overlooked to make a pointless point.

Research on Policing at Football on 22:45 - May 2 with 2688 viewssully49

As for policing around the Liberty, in my experience they are approachable and share a bit of banter on the whole. You are aware of their presence as you look around and the heaviest are in and around the away fans and the boys, but stewards outnumber them.
Inside I've only see them react to situations, wether that is heavy handed I can't honestly say as its only happened away from me. We are in the East stand around the half way line and haven't ever witnessed anything that required police interaction.
Stewarding thats a whole different argument.
Once the game has finished and away the stadium I've can't recall seeing any police at all. I've heard subsequently that something has occurred from reading views on this forum.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 23:53]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Research on Policing at Football on 22:50 - May 2 with 2675 viewsBloodyhills

Research on Policing at Football on 21:58 - May 2 by controversial_jack

Not sure it was 30 last year looks more like 3, but one is one too many.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_th

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Research on Policing at Football on 12:13 - May 3 with 2581 viewscontroversial_jack

Research on Policing at Football on 22:50 - May 2 by Bloodyhills

Not sure it was 30 last year looks more like 3, but one is one too many.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_th

Sine 1990 1022 have died in police custody
Research on Policing at Football on 16:44 - May 3 with 2500 viewsLoyal

Research on Policing at Football on 12:13 - May 3 by controversial_jack

Link ?

If that's right that's about 35 deaths in custody each year, sounds very high.

Research on Policing at Football on 17:23 - May 3 with 2474 viewsshimmie

Research on Policing at Football on 15:40 - May 2 by trampie

You'll never have to worry about Leanne Wood being corrupted in any way then...
Research on Policing at Football on 18:31 - May 3 with 2449 viewsPacemaker

Research on Policing at Football on 12:13 - May 3 by controversial_jack

Not in police custody they haven't get your facts straight.

Research on Policing at Football on 20:19 - May 3 with 2408 viewscontroversial_jack

Research on Policing at Football on 18:31 - May 3 by Pacemaker

Not in police custody they haven't get your facts straight.

Yes, in police custody
Research on Policing at Football on 20:31 - May 3 with 2398 viewslondonlisa2001

Research on Policing at Football on 21:55 - May 2 by controversial_jack

It's true actually.

Sorry - didn't see this.

I said, untrue for virtually everyone on this board. The reason I said that is that pretty much the only people who will die at the hands of the police are those that are in police custody in the first place, which I would imagine the vast majority of this board will never be. There is the odd incident where that is not the case as seen in the Terry Coles thread on this very board, but that is incredibly rare.

So for ordinary people, who do not regularly or indeed ever spend time in police custody the threat of a terrorist attack is far more likely to result in their death.

It's a stupid extrapolated statistic.
Research on Policing at Football on 20:40 - May 3 with 2392 viewsPacemaker

Research on Policing at Football on 20:19 - May 3 by controversial_jack

Yes, in police custody

Your figures relate to police contact not custody, even Inquest a totally independent body looking into Police custody deaths are nowhere near the figures you quote from a source you have constantly refused to disclose.

It's a bit like your Freeman posts based on Internet experts not facts.

Research on Policing at Football on 21:37 - May 3 with 2358 viewscontroversial_jack

Research on Policing at Football on 20:40 - May 3 by Pacemaker

Your figures relate to police contact not custody, even Inquest a totally independent body looking into Police custody deaths are nowhere near the figures you quote from a source you have constantly refused to disclose.

It's a bit like your Freeman posts based on Internet experts not facts.

It's actually higher than I thought https://www.ipcc.gov.uk/page/deaths-custody-study
Research on Policing at Football on 21:51 - May 3 with 2345 viewsLoyal

Research on Policing at Football on 17:23 - May 3 by shimmie

You'll never have to worry about Leanne Wood being corrupted in any way then...

She is as corruptable and untrustworthy as all of them.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 22:06]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024