Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state 19:38 - May 2 with 3301 viewsDavillin

Gee, I hope I don't get called for posting this, but here are the most popular beers in the States, by state. Just in case you're over here some day.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/drink/most-popular-beers-state-slideshow/slide-1
[Post edited 2 May 2016 19:39]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 19:40 - May 2 with 2036 viewsDarran

Max just started swimming Tone he loves a drop

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 20:36 - May 2 with 1969 viewsBadgeman

I quite enjoyed Yeungling when I was on holiday three years ago. I thought Samuel Adams tasted like salt water.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 20:43 - May 2 with 1958 viewsmax936

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 19:40 - May 2 by Darran

Max just started swimming Tone he loves a drop

Fukme do you want a full blown poster of me to put above your bed, you're obsessed mun.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 20:53 - May 2 with 1945 viewsCooperman

Shiner Bock is my favourite of the ones that I've tried. Think I was in TN though Dav rather than ND. Is it a ND brew?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 21:02 - May 2 with 1936 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 20:53 - May 2 by Cooperman

Shiner Bock is my favourite of the ones that I've tried. Think I was in TN though Dav rather than ND. Is it a ND brew?

Nope, Texas. Shiner (named after the little Texas town that brews it, about an hour east of San Antonio) is indeed a great beer, particularly the flagship Bock variety.

I was shocked that it wasn't the obvious choice for Texas. I don't know who put this list together, but I've never even heard of Atrial Rubicite.
[Post edited 2 May 2016 21:26]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 00:39 - May 3 with 1834 viewsDavillin

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 20:36 - May 2 by Badgeman

I quite enjoyed Yeungling when I was on holiday three years ago. I thought Samuel Adams tasted like salt water.

Yeungling is said to be one of the oldest brewery in the U.S., and is based in eastern Pennsylvania not too far from me. It has remained popular during my lifetime to this day.

p.s. I think the story linked in the O.P. is a joke regarding Pennsylvania's "favourite." I've never heard of it. Stick with Yuengling if you're ever over here.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 0:43]

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 07:46 - May 3 with 1780 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Did not know they sold beer in the USA. Thought it was only tasteless lager.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 08:52 - May 3 with 1756 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 07:46 - May 3 by felixstowe_jack

You couldn't be more wrong.

The U.S. has a staggering number of small brewers many of which produce fantastic beer.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 09:43 - May 3 with 1742 viewsdickythorpe

Goose Island IPA is first class, but is it Anchor Steam or Steam Anchor that's in quite a few places now?
My mate had a bottle of it in the Smokehaus and the Prohibition bar off Wind St.
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 11:26 - May 3 with 1702 viewsProfessor

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 09:43 - May 3 by dickythorpe

Goose Island IPA is first class, but is it Anchor Steam or Steam Anchor that's in quite a few places now?
My mate had a bottle of it in the Smokehaus and the Prohibition bar off Wind St.

Anchpr Steam from San Francisco-along with Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams one of the beers which kept good quality brewing alive in the USA-now it is booming if you go to any reasonably sized city you should get a good selection. Wahlgreens also stocks a fair few like Goose Island, Dogfish Head, Blue Moon and Sam Adams -easy to pick up a six pack to keep in your room fridge if in Florida. Had some lovely beer in Boston, New Orleans and only last month in Athens, Georgia. Athens has three microbreweries (including the excellent Creature Comforts featured on that lis) and a brewpub- having a massive university helps with the number of drinking outlets.

Yuengling is vile and watery like Bud, Miller or Coors. Pabst Blue Riband is even worse-the Kestrel of American beers
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 15:37 - May 3 with 1628 viewsnyc_swans

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 08:52 - May 3 by Joe_bradshaw

You couldn't be more wrong.

The U.S. has a staggering number of small brewers many of which produce fantastic beer.

This is absolutely the truth.

There are thousands of quality breweries in the US these days. In fact, many of these breweries are making the most interesting and innovative beers in the world.
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 15:40 - May 3 with 1622 viewsLohengrin

Believe it or not Newcastle Brown Ale was popular with the younger crowd the last time I was in Nashville. They sell it in bottles about half the size they do here, mind.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 15:52 - May 3 with 1615 viewsDavillin

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 07:46 - May 3 by felixstowe_jack

Just out of curiosity, what is your favourite beer or lager in the States?

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 15:54 - May 3 with 1613 viewsDavillin

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 11:26 - May 3 by Professor

Anchpr Steam from San Francisco-along with Sierra Nevada and Sam Adams one of the beers which kept good quality brewing alive in the USA-now it is booming if you go to any reasonably sized city you should get a good selection. Wahlgreens also stocks a fair few like Goose Island, Dogfish Head, Blue Moon and Sam Adams -easy to pick up a six pack to keep in your room fridge if in Florida. Had some lovely beer in Boston, New Orleans and only last month in Athens, Georgia. Athens has three microbreweries (including the excellent Creature Comforts featured on that lis) and a brewpub- having a massive university helps with the number of drinking outlets.

Yuengling is vile and watery like Bud, Miller or Coors. Pabst Blue Riband is even worse-the Kestrel of American beers

That's a lot of beer drinking. How did you remain sober enough to get from bar to bar?

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 16:04 - May 3 with 1601 viewsnyc_swans

anyway if anyone needs me to tell them where or what to drink in the states, let me know.
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 16:37 - May 3 with 1588 viewsCooperman

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 15:40 - May 3 by Lohengrin

Believe it or not Newcastle Brown Ale was popular with the younger crowd the last time I was in Nashville. They sell it in bottles about half the size they do here, mind.

I had a bottle of it at The George Jones Museum / roof top bar not so long back. Cracking afternoon spent watching the paddle steamer go up and down the river.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 16:48 - May 3 with 1583 viewsThursday

'Most popular' is misleading by the article (and acknowledges it itself). 'Popular' would be better. But not 'most loved.' With the abundance of phenomenal craft and micro brews here, it's difficult list to come up with. Except for Alabama. Bud Light. FFS.
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 16:53 - May 3 with 1573 viewsnyc_swans

the list often features the most sought after or beloved beer in each state from a critical perspective. for instance, i doubt many people from texas know about Atrial Rubicite, but it is one of the finest examples of a sour beer in the world. if you are ever in austin make it a point to go to Jester King brewery, once of the best breweries in the US.
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 17:14 - May 3 with 1562 viewsThursday

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 15:40 - May 3 by Lohengrin

How did it taste? I had a bottle a couple of years ago and it tasted like dishwater and molasses. It was either a recipe butchered for the states, or I wasn't discerning at 15, when it was my favourite.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 17:15]
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 17:29 - May 3 with 1548 viewsnice_to_michu

I've always liked a Blue Moon with a slice of orange.

You can occasionally get it here in the UK, isn't very common though.
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 17:34 - May 3 with 1542 viewsnice_to_michu

I also don't understand all the hatred of a Coors Light, PBR (Pabst Blue Ribbon), Keystone Light or Natural Ice. I quite like them.

Sure, they are not as tasty as a Samual Adams or a Sierra Nevada, but if you're going out for a session then you can sink a lot of them and they are still quite enjoyable, in my opinion.
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 22:38 - May 3 with 1480 viewsProfessor

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 17:29 - May 3 by nice_to_michu

I've always liked a Blue Moon with a slice of orange.

You can occasionally get it here in the UK, isn't very common though.

Bargain booze-the one near me has it, as do larger Asda or Tesco
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 22:40 - May 3 with 1474 viewsProfessor

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 15:54 - May 3 by Davillin

That's a lot of beer drinking. How did you remain sober enough to get from bar to bar?

Lot's of trips-craft beers also emerging in South Africa. Coopers from Oz is pretty good too
Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 02:00 - May 4 with 1445 viewssnork44

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 22:40 - May 3 by Professor

Lot's of trips-craft beers also emerging in South Africa. Coopers from Oz is pretty good too

Where in Athens we have quite few micro breweries and the most famous is Terrapin which absolutely wonderful and has quite a few varieties, which follow various types of beer sold in Europe.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 08:15 - May 4 with 1411 viewsLohengrin

Most Popular Beers in the States, by state on 16:37 - May 3 by Cooperman

I had a bottle of it at The George Jones Museum / roof top bar not so long back. Cracking afternoon spent watching the paddle steamer go up and down the river.

That's living!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024