Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz 23:11 - May 2 with 1722 viewsDavillin

Only eight managers have ever won the Premier League.

How many of the eight were British?

How many of the eight were Italians?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 23:20 - May 2 with 1700 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I can only think of Ferguson and Dalglish as British. (Neither English).

Raineri and Maldini Italians.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 23:21 - May 2 with 1692 viewsDavillin

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 23:20 - May 2 by Joe_bradshaw

I can only think of Ferguson and Dalglish as British. (Neither English).

Raineri and Maldini Italians.

Close, but no cigar.

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 23:23 - May 2 with 1689 viewsJJJack

Fergie and Dalgliesh - British

Ranieri , Mancini and Ancellotti - Italian

I think that's about right?
Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 00:08 - May 3 with 1632 viewsbuilthjack

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 23:23 - May 2 by JJJack

With a Frenchman, a Portuguese, and a Chilean making up 8.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 00:31 - May 3 with 1610 viewsDavillin

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 23:23 - May 2 by JJJack

Correct.

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 00:31 - May 3 with 1609 viewsDavillin

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 00:08 - May 3 by builthjack

With a Frenchman, a Portuguese, and a Chilean making up 8.

Yes.

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 01:44 - May 3 with 1580 viewsSwansNZ

So 62.5% of PL winning managers come from Italy or the UK.
You’re saying we should either stick with Guidolin or go for Brendan*?

*I know you’re not saying that… are you?
[Post edited 3 May 2016 1:45]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 03:08 - May 3 with 1551 viewsDavillin

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 01:44 - May 3 by SwansNZ

So 62.5% of PL winning managers come from Italy or the UK.
You’re saying we should either stick with Guidolin or go for Brendan*?

*I know you’re not saying that… are you?
[Post edited 3 May 2016 1:45]

Thanks, NZ. You're right. No, I'm not saying that.

I admit to very much preferring to keep Guidolin, but I happened to see that on TV earlier today in a Premier League review, and was somewhat surprised by it, having never given it a moment's thought before then.

I just wondered whether other posters have thought of it. As I have written before, I enjoy posting things that get the attention of the thinking posters on here.

Login to get fewer ads

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 05:18 - May 3 with 1519 viewsGlyn1

Has anyone noticed that the two Welsh managers currently in the Premier League will almost certainly finish the season higher than the three English managers?
[Post edited 3 May 2016 5:20]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 08:33 - May 3 with 1389 viewssherpajacob

We must never again appoint an English manager

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 08:44 - May 3 with 1376 viewsmonmouth

I had to google it. Had totally forgotten Ancellotti.

Of course another Italian then won the Champions League for them, but I certainly wouldn't want him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 10:45 - May 3 with 1283 viewsscottishjack

So that makes Howard Wilkinson the last English manager to win the top division?
Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 11:25 - May 3 with 1256 viewsJJJack

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 03:08 - May 3 by Davillin

Thanks, NZ. You're right. No, I'm not saying that.

I admit to very much preferring to keep Guidolin, but I happened to see that on TV earlier today in a Premier League review, and was somewhat surprised by it, having never given it a moment's thought before then.

I just wondered whether other posters have thought of it. As I have written before, I enjoy posting things that get the attention of the thinking posters on here.

Now this may or may not sound strange but I've heard it said by many players & journos/pundits etc over the years that a "different" accent is very much a factor in how much players listen to their Managers. Hence the repeated success of Scottish managers who have been outrageously successful over the decades. And more recently, foreign Managers. English supporters and their mentality is decades behind certain other countries aswell IMO which really doesn't help.
I happened to move to Edinburgh to go to University. Within 6 months I was installed as 3rd team Captain. Tried to resign after a season but got begged to carry on and then got made Club Captain in my final year - despite being a 3rd team standard player. When I asked some other players why , in a hotbed of football, they would ask a quietish , shy (well I was then!) Welsh bloke to Captain their sides the common reply was - "it's your accent" and sometimes "you won't take any crap off people."
I moved to London and now Bristol and have repeatedly been asked to manage teams/clubs and in work and I'm certain that at least part of this is down to being Welsh/different and the effect this has on things.

Don't underestimate this "difference" (i.e. accent/culture/thinking/upbringing) because life and sport show these factors are greatly influential.
Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 11:44 - May 3 with 1237 viewsairedale

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 08:33 - May 3 by sherpajacob

We must never again appoint an English manager

A mate of mine (an Englishman), who was a regular, stopped coming to the football not long after Bobby B took over because he just could not stand the type of football we were playing. He wouldn't have come down there if he could get in for free. Our football was frying his swede.

In my opinion this is why England don't do as well as they should on the international scene, as there is an essential (in the modern game) flair absent.
Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 11:53 - May 3 with 1221 viewsJJJack

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 11:44 - May 3 by airedale

A mate of mine (an Englishman), who was a regular, stopped coming to the football not long after Bobby B took over because he just could not stand the type of football we were playing. He wouldn't have come down there if he could get in for free. Our football was frying his swede.

In my opinion this is why England don't do as well as they should on the international scene, as there is an essential (in the modern game) flair absent.

Yep, agree. English fans, IN GENERAL, like to see players smash into each other and open warfare on the pitch at the expense of all else. Look at them in the rugby- exactly the same- not interested in flair - as long as their 6'10" inch forwards brutalise everyone. No culture, no flair. At least in Wales we have historically been arguably the best "flair" side. It's a cultural thing. Look at the way the English behave abroad....jesus wept.
Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 13:33 - May 3 with 1149 viewssherpajacob

Only eight managers have won the Premier League. Two-Question Quiz on 11:44 - May 3 by airedale

Also why the likes of merson, lawrenson etc can't understand why we've been successful.
It just doesn't compute for them at all.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024