Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? 00:48 - May 3 with 8459 viewsDavillin

Just out of curiosity, what are your reasons for retaining Guidolin?

I wanted to start it off with one I thought most important, but I'm stuck between two. [I am far more interested in your choices!]

1. He's a winner.

2. He followed Swansea because he admired the style before we ever hired him; he was glad to take on the Herculean task of saving Swansea from the drop; and he has said most clearly that he wants to continue here.

Yours?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:23 - May 3 with 1618 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:21 - May 3 by Darran

He's got a percentage Dick.

Mate, he has a percentage because he wins games.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:39 - May 3 with 1598 viewsClinton

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 09:56 - May 3 by dickythorpe

Reasons for retaining him - he's different and what could he get out of this team with a full pre-season?

Reasons for not- does he have a "presence" or an "aura" the players respect?

His teeth have an outstanding aura.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:49 - May 3 with 1585 viewscostalotta

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 09:51 - May 3 by Darran

Yeah and you can guarantee it'll be a hell of a lot lower after a whole season.

No. You are wrong!

What will happen is over time it will get closer to the truth. FG has had almost half a season. The Facts speak for them selves and whether you choose to believe or bury your head in the sand is up to you.

He's a away better manager/coach than Monk. He's proved what he can do and from where I am he looks like a decent fella and doesn't spout BS like those before... bR included. He seems to know what he's doing and whilst he may not have the media friendly or whatever, he has humility, honour and importantly the knowledge and experience.

This is an opportunity for the club to move forward but I doubt they'd go there as Huw will want to a puppet manager and FG is not that...thankfully.

oh, and by the way Huw got it wrong with Monk.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:49 - May 3 with 1585 viewstomdickharry

All this waiting to see who's going to be our Manager points in one direction directly to new owners,otherwise what's the point of waiting around,once they are in the boardroom then we will know.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:55 - May 3 with 1576 viewsjeza739

To me for what it's worth its a total no brainier.

Forget the we should be loyal to him crap just coz he risked his reputation on us in January, though I think that plays a small part just look at the facts and his record in developing players and overachievement with smaller clubs.
Also his record with us since he took over, with the state of the squad at the time. A squad that isn't his BTW.
Also we need a bit of continuity and not yet another change.

Since he took over we are 9th , what could be do with a preseason, his squad and his style of football?

Yes some of the performance s weren't great, but he had one remit , keep us up. He's done it with ease.
Villa and Norwich home were not great to watch but it was vital we didn't lose and we won both games.

Sorry it's a total no brainier, I've nothing against BR but I will be v disappointed if he or anyone takes over.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:56 - May 3 with 1573 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:55 - May 3 by jeza739

To me for what it's worth its a total no brainier.

Forget the we should be loyal to him crap just coz he risked his reputation on us in January, though I think that plays a small part just look at the facts and his record in developing players and overachievement with smaller clubs.
Also his record with us since he took over, with the state of the squad at the time. A squad that isn't his BTW.
Also we need a bit of continuity and not yet another change.

Since he took over we are 9th , what could be do with a preseason, his squad and his style of football?

Yes some of the performance s weren't great, but he had one remit , keep us up. He's done it with ease.
Villa and Norwich home were not great to watch but it was vital we didn't lose and we won both games.

Sorry it's a total no brainier, I've nothing against BR but I will be v disappointed if he or anyone takes over.

Top post
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:17 - May 3 with 1527 viewsDarran

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:23 - May 3 by jack247

Mate, he has a percentage because he wins games.

Tim, his percentage is the highest at the moment because he's managed the least amount of games.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:20 - May 3 with 1523 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:17 - May 3 by Darran

Tim, his percentage is the highest at the moment because he's managed the least amount of games.

And won them. If he had managed 4 games and won 1 of them he would have a low win percentage.
Login to get fewer ads

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:23 - May 3 with 1516 viewsDarran

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:20 - May 3 by jack247

And won them. If he had managed 4 games and won 1 of them he would have a low win percentage.

I'm not disputing that but it wouldn't be so high if he'd played several hundred games.
I take it you're counting the games Curtis was in charge too then?

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:35 - May 3 with 1499 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He seems a decent chap .

Anyhow ,it won't be happening .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:36 - May 3 with 1498 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:23 - May 3 by Darran

I'm not disputing that but it wouldn't be so high if he'd played several hundred games.
I take it you're counting the games Curtis was in charge too then?

You're just assuming that. I'm not looking at several hundred games anyway, it's unrealistic. Our last 4 permanent managers have lasted between 1 and 2 seasons. Can't remember how long Martinez or Jackett were here but they weren't much longer than that.

And yes, I'm counting the Arsenal game and was it Norwich? Look at Houlliers record at Liverpool, it doesn't exclude the games he was having heart surgery and his assistant took charge.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:41 - May 3 with 1483 viewsDarran

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:35 - May 3 by oh_tommy_tommy

He seems a decent chap .

Anyhow ,it won't be happening .

What's the percentage of it not happening?

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:43 - May 3 with 1479 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:41 - May 3 by Darran

High
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:49 - May 3 with 1470 viewsDarran

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:43 - May 3 by jack247

High

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:07 - May 3 with 1446 viewslondonlisa2001

There are managers that can build a team from scratch and there are managers that can manage what's put in front of them. We need a manager that is able to do the former, and do it based on key players joining us from another country as we can't afford to build a team of English players or English based players from scratch as the prices are so inflated.

I believe that Guidolin is more likely to be able to do this than Rodgers. (There may be others available to us who could do this as well as or better than Guidolin but we don't know who is available). I say this because Guidolin has done it previously on a couple of occasions as far as I can see, and the one time Rodgers needed to do it (after the sale of Suarez) he wasn't able to do so.

Second point for me is that Guidolin has a couple of coaches with him that appear to be doing well with our players. Rodgers is likely to appoint Pascoe or even Monk.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:17 - May 3 with 1256 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:07 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

There are managers that can build a team from scratch and there are managers that can manage what's put in front of them. We need a manager that is able to do the former, and do it based on key players joining us from another country as we can't afford to build a team of English players or English based players from scratch as the prices are so inflated.

I believe that Guidolin is more likely to be able to do this than Rodgers. (There may be others available to us who could do this as well as or better than Guidolin but we don't know who is available). I say this because Guidolin has done it previously on a couple of occasions as far as I can see, and the one time Rodgers needed to do it (after the sale of Suarez) he wasn't able to do so.

Second point for me is that Guidolin has a couple of coaches with him that appear to be doing well with our players. Rodgers is likely to appoint Pascoe or even Monk.

And buy Sinclair again

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:31 - May 3 with 1231 viewsmax936

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:07 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

The more l think about Brendan coming back the less l want it to happen, you mentioning the chances are that he may well bring Pascoe and or Monk back with him, is another thought that puts me right off, it's either Guidolin or ANO for me.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:34 - May 3 with 1228 viewssnork44

The guy deserves a chance, there are one or two on here that want Rodgers back. Now I have nothing against Brendan, but Guidolin came in and did the job that was required of him and had the carrot dangled in front of him that if he kept us up he would be considered for the job permanently. But now it looks like Rodgers has got the nod and that to me is a stab in the back for FG. A little question here, it looks like Roberto Martinez is in jeopardy of losing his tenure at Everton, if he was sacked at Goodison Park and Huw wanted him here and he agreed would half of people wanting Rodgers back welcome Roberto equally ?

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:55 - May 3 with 1214 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 12:34 - May 3 by snork44

The guy deserves a chance, there are one or two on here that want Rodgers back. Now I have nothing against Brendan, but Guidolin came in and did the job that was required of him and had the carrot dangled in front of him that if he kept us up he would be considered for the job permanently. But now it looks like Rodgers has got the nod and that to me is a stab in the back for FG. A little question here, it looks like Roberto Martinez is in jeopardy of losing his tenure at Everton, if he was sacked at Goodison Park and Huw wanted him here and he agreed would half of people wanting Rodgers back welcome Roberto equally ?

I'd take Brendan over Roberto. Would be underwhelmed with either though.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 13:08 - May 3 with 1187 viewsAngelRangelQS

The board have a very good track record with managers (even Monk although the new contract was a mistake in hindsight) and so I am confident that they know what they're doing. If they have seen Guidolin up close for the last 4 months and aren't sold on him then that's good enough for me.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 13:38 - May 3 with 1144 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Along with all the other attributes mentioned he is also Dedicated to the club, to the point of damaging his health.
So he has GM's drive, but is a far better all round prospect.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 13:46 - May 3 with 1132 viewsDarran

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 13:38 - May 3 by A_Fans_Dad

Along with all the other attributes mentioned he is also Dedicated to the club, to the point of damaging his health.
So he has GM's drive, but is a far better all round prospect.

Exactly and he has the good sense not to smoke in the rain.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 13:46 - May 3 with 1132 viewscockneyswan

Reason for keeping :- Darran thinks it's a bad idea.

Reason against keeping :- Darran thinks it's a good idea.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 14:14 - May 3 with 1095 viewsGlyn1

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:41 - May 3 by Darran

5,000 to 1. Oh, hang on...

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 14:39 - May 3 with 1073 viewsJackFish

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 13:08 - May 3 by AngelRangelQS

The board have a very good track record with managers (even Monk although the new contract was a mistake in hindsight) and so I am confident that they know what they're doing. If they have seen Guidolin up close for the last 4 months and aren't sold on him then that's good enough for me.

It's possible that the deal for Brendan to come back was all sorted in January, and Curt would take over the team until then. The board then decided he needed some help and brought in Guidolin until the end of the season, probably didn't tell him that BR was coming back and now they can't keep him despite him doing better than we'd hoped for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024