Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? 00:48 - May 3 with 8332 viewsDavillin

Just out of curiosity, what are your reasons for retaining Guidolin?

I wanted to start it off with one I thought most important, but I'm stuck between two. [I am far more interested in your choices!]

1. He's a winner.

2. He followed Swansea because he admired the style before we ever hired him; he was glad to take on the Herculean task of saving Swansea from the drop; and he has said most clearly that he wants to continue here.

Yours?

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 15:41 - May 3 with 1596 viewsDavillin

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 14:39 - May 3 by JackFish

It's possible that the deal for Brendan to come back was all sorted in January, and Curt would take over the team until then. The board then decided he needed some help and brought in Guidolin until the end of the season, probably didn't tell him that BR was coming back and now they can't keep him despite him doing better than we'd hoped for.

"It's possible" is the clue that you're guessing, or weaving a lovely fairy tale. Well, "a fairy tale."

Please stick with facts. This is a serious matter with very long term ramifications.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:04 - May 3 with 1564 viewsAngelRangelQS

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 15:41 - May 3 by Davillin

"It's possible" is the clue that you're guessing, or weaving a lovely fairy tale. Well, "a fairy tale."

Please stick with facts. This is a serious matter with very long term ramifications.

There are no long term ramifications based on what and what is not discussed on this thread.

It is entirely plausible, bordering on the likely that someone was identified in January as being a strong candidate to take over the job in the summer which is why we were reluctant to appoint long term.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:04 - May 3 with 1561 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 15:41 - May 3 by Davillin

I think speculation is pretty valid to be honest. He may or may not be right but he doesn't try to hide it. This thread, like most, is about opinion. If we just stuck to hard facts we would have very little to talk about.

Logically, there doesn't seem to be much reason not to appoint Guidolin, but judging by the recent interviews and the lack of any real board comment about his progress, it's reasonable to assume there may be something going on with Rodgers, or someone else that we don't know about.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:36 - May 3 with 1535 viewsmonmouth

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:04 - May 3 by AngelRangelQS

There are no long term ramifications based on what and what is not discussed on this thread.

It is entirely plausible, bordering on the likely that someone was identified in January as being a strong candidate to take over the job in the summer which is why we were reluctant to appoint long term.

I still have my fingers crossed for the Bielsa protege or similar, or even the man himself. At least we'd be giving something a real shot then, succeed or fail. Rodgers just feels so 'meh'. That's if the South American adventure was real of course, and not just a pathetic disguise for some Noth American speculative prospecting...'there's gold in them thar hills Leigh, all we have to do is find it'.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:47 - May 3 with 1525 viewsDavillin

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:04 - May 3 by AngelRangelQS

Ah, come on. I didn't say or mean that this discussion here on The Gospel According to PlanetSwans has long term ramifications, but that the issue of who will become Swansea's new manager does.

I still don't like people misquoting or misrepresenting what I write, then bravely blowing it out of the water.

"plausible, bordering on the likely" is also in the fairy tale range on the scale of factualness.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:54 - May 3 with 1511 viewslondonlisa2001

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:47 - May 3 by Davillin

Ah, come on. I didn't say or mean that this discussion here on The Gospel According to PlanetSwans has long term ramifications, but that the issue of who will become Swansea's new manager does.

I still don't like people misquoting or misrepresenting what I write, then bravely blowing it out of the water.

"plausible, bordering on the likely" is also in the fairy tale range on the scale of factualness.

I believe it is a strong probability that someone, whether it was Rodgers or AN Other was identified in January with a view to joining us this summer as long as we stayed up (and with the associated change in ownership that would bring of course, which was as we now know, already in place at that time).

I'm afraid that I don't think Guidolin ever had a real shout. We have to reserve judgement of course as we don't know who it will be, but if it is Rodgers, I will be very disappointed as I prefer Guidolin of those two, and by quite some distance.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:06 - May 3 with 1491 viewsjack247

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:54 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

I believe it is a strong probability that someone, whether it was Rodgers or AN Other was identified in January with a view to joining us this summer as long as we stayed up (and with the associated change in ownership that would bring of course, which was as we now know, already in place at that time).

I'm afraid that I don't think Guidolin ever had a real shout. We have to reserve judgement of course as we don't know who it will be, but if it is Rodgers, I will be very disappointed as I prefer Guidolin of those two, and by quite some distance.

If that is the case, and it's more than plausible, he can stick his agreement up his arse. We have a better manager in situ. He has no loyalty to us or we to him, nor should either party. I can't see an agreement like that would be binding?
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:13 - May 3 with 1486 viewsAngelRangelQS

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:47 - May 3 by Davillin

You had a pop at a perfectly reasonable post because you wanted him to stick to the facts. This thread is littered with opinions on Guidolin, not facts.

There is no reason why people can't speculate on this thread, especially when it is considered speculation. I've said I think he has strong grounds for forming his opinion as has one other poster.

The issue of who is Swansea's new manager is indeed an important one but nobody on here has any direct influence over it so it doesn't matter what is said on this thread.

"Plausible bordering on the likely" is an opinion. Possibly fairy tale but then I haven't pretended its anything but
Login to get fewer ads

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:27 - May 3 with 1464 viewsDr_Winston

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:54 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

I tend to agree, which would be a pretty shabby way to treat Guidolin to be honest. Kind of in line with the way things have been done around here in the last two or three years.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:32 - May 3 with 1457 viewsOldjack

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 10:55 - May 3 by jeza739

To me for what it's worth its a total no brainier.

Forget the we should be loyal to him crap just coz he risked his reputation on us in January, though I think that plays a small part just look at the facts and his record in developing players and overachievement with smaller clubs.
Also his record with us since he took over, with the state of the squad at the time. A squad that isn't his BTW.
Also we need a bit of continuity and not yet another change.

Since he took over we are 9th , what could be do with a preseason, his squad and his style of football?

Yes some of the performance s weren't great, but he had one remit , keep us up. He's done it with ease.
Villa and Norwich home were not great to watch but it was vital we didn't lose and we won both games.

Sorry it's a total no brainier, I've nothing against BR but I will be v disappointed if he or anyone takes over.

This

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:56 - May 3 with 1439 viewsAngelRangelQS

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:27 - May 3 by Dr_Winston

I tend to agree, which would be a pretty shabby way to treat Guidolin to be honest. Kind of in line with the way things have been done around here in the last two or three years.

That's assuming that Guidolin hasn't been in on it from the start.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 18:14 - May 3 with 1422 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:56 - May 3 by AngelRangelQS

In on what?
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 18:15 - May 3 with 1418 viewslondonlisa2001

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:56 - May 3 by AngelRangelQS

He should have spent his time making films with Sophia Loren rather than coaching football if that's the case.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 01:21 - May 4 with 1317 viewsDavillin

Thanks, all, for what I think is an excellent thread in every way.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 07:29 - May 4 with 1264 viewsStarsky

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 08:57 - May 3 by hammy

Would definitely like to see him given the job next season, for most of the reasons already mentioned above. The only real blip in his short tenure was the 4-0 against Leicester; his comments before the game regarding wanting Ranieri to win the PL probably didn't help.

However, from the interview that HJ gave to BT Sport on Saturday it doesn't look too good for him :(

Leicester was the only blip?

Are you sure about that?

It's just the internet, init.

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:57 - May 4 with 1145 viewsbostondanvers

Are you guys crazy - there's no way we will keep him, he picks the wrong side at the start of the game and then has to change it half way through to save the game. Better he picked the right side at the start.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:14 - May 4 with 1131 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 16:57 - May 4 by bostondanvers

Are you guys crazy - there's no way we will keep him, he picks the wrong side at the start of the game and then has to change it half way through to save the game. Better he picked the right side at the start.

Explain to us all what was wrong with the side that started against Liverpool.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:15 - May 4 with 1131 viewshammy

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 07:29 - May 4 by Starsky

Leicester was the only blip?

Are you sure about that?

Yes, in terms of both result and performance. At least against the Barcodes we created enough good chances to have won the game, before they scored their late goals. In a few other matches we didn't perform very well but managed to get a result (e.g., Villa, Norwich).

So the Leicester game for me was the only really disappointing one. Most fans can accept being beaten (and even by a few goals) but when the team performs so badly, for whatever reason, then it raises some concerns over the manager's ability to motivate the team.

Anyway as I've mentioned I don't think FG will be our manager next season anyway.

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:21 - May 4 with 1128 viewsmonmouth

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:15 - May 4 by hammy

Yes, in terms of both result and performance. At least against the Barcodes we created enough good chances to have won the game, before they scored their late goals. In a few other matches we didn't perform very well but managed to get a result (e.g., Villa, Norwich).

So the Leicester game for me was the only really disappointing one. Most fans can accept being beaten (and even by a few goals) but when the team performs so badly, for whatever reason, then it raises some concerns over the manager's ability to motivate the team.

Anyway as I've mentioned I don't think FG will be our manager next season anyway.

Southampton home had me climbing the walls. Newcastle were dogshit and we lost 3-0 so it's hard to put any real gloss on that. If Curt hadn't changed the starting Arsenal team we were probably on for a seven job there; he and we got lucky that night.

I'd say there's quite a few blips to be honest and I'm cautiously supportive.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 19:21 - May 4 with 1057 viewsLeonisGod

You're not going to have much of a thread though if you only want posters to stick to the facts. Nobody on here knows them.

For what it's worth, I suspect a deal has been done for someone else in the background and I expect Guidolin to move on at the end of his contract. But that's not based on facts, just a hunch given what's coming out of the club (or more to the point what's not being said).

If Guidolin is moved on he can count himself very unlucky as he's done a great job. I'd have no problem keeping him as he's proven himself and seems to fit us (on top of having an excellent CV).
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 21:53 - May 4 with 1005 viewsDavillin

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 19:21 - May 4 by LeonisGod

You're not going to have much of a thread though if you only want posters to stick to the facts. Nobody on here knows them.

For what it's worth, I suspect a deal has been done for someone else in the background and I expect Guidolin to move on at the end of his contract. But that's not based on facts, just a hunch given what's coming out of the club (or more to the point what's not being said).

If Guidolin is moved on he can count himself very unlucky as he's done a great job. I'd have no problem keeping him as he's proven himself and seems to fit us (on top of having an excellent CV).

My post was about the first two paragraphs, to which you did not reply, but I do agree that what you pose in your "hunch" has more likelihood than some. Maybe "most."

I note in your second paragraph that you do base your "hunch" on real events, if not literally "facts."

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 08:18 - May 5 with 935 viewsLord_Bony

Personally, I think he will move on and take over from Fflores at Watford.

He's well in with the owners there and there's a lot of rumour in the club that's what's going on...so I think we have possibly already have chosen his successor also or we re pretty close to it by now.

Watch this space over the next few days...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 09:10 - May 5 with 913 viewsjasper_T

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 08:18 - May 5 by Lord_Bony

Personally, I think he will move on and take over from Fflores at Watford.

He's well in with the owners there and there's a lot of rumour in the club that's what's going on...so I think we have possibly already have chosen his successor also or we re pretty close to it by now.

Watch this space over the next few days...

He's so well in with them that they passed him over for the job when they hired Flores in the first place.
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:13 - May 5 with 874 viewsbostondanvers

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 17:14 - May 4 by A_Fans_Dad

Explain to us all what was wrong with the side that started against Liverpool.

There was nothing wrong with the side he picked against Liverpool BUT he won't pick that side against West Ham, that is until we are 2-0 down. The diamond shape doesn't work for us
Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:24 - May 5 with 856 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Just out of curiosity, what are the reasons for retaining Guidolin? on 11:13 - May 5 by bostondanvers

There was nothing wrong with the side he picked against Liverpool BUT he won't pick that side against West Ham, that is until we are 2-0 down. The diamond shape doesn't work for us

Fer & Pauloschi injured , he had to pick 2 wingers .

Can't see Guido getting it .

Bielsa ,seemed we pulled out last minute in January will we try again ?

Emery might be a good ouside bet ,he'd be keen.

There's a lot of good managers out there who would love the job .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024