Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amat 03:18 - May 3 with 2026 viewsLoyal

Jordi as we know has been around the club for a few years now. One of the few legacies left from the Laudrup era to remain, in all that time he has kept his head down and kept his mouth closed. He has taken each opportunity as it has come along, OK, he earns a decent living. However, for me he oozes what we need at the club, patience, obvious personal development and professionalism. I could be wrong but I have never heard him chops off in the press, nor run down any manager, coach or player. He has also not manoeuvred himself in to a position where the media feel they must write about him either.

Like his off the field ethic he brings a calmness to his on the field performances, when they have presented themselves. For that he deserves his go, fair play Jordi. Like his display on Sunday like his performance off the pitch.

Professional.

And there's a few at the club who should take note.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 3:20]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Amat on 03:37 - May 3 with 2013 viewsSwansNZ

Like you say, he does appear to be very professional, which is a rarity amongst top “professional” players.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Amat on 08:58 - May 3 with 1793 viewsjack_lord

I am very much an Amat supporter and feel he really has been held back over the last year.

What I find even more amazing is that Bartley was picked ahead of him.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Amat on 09:09 - May 3 with 1759 viewsJethroJack

Class act, very grounded, loves his family ( more than money).
Future club Captain?
Amat on 12:12 - May 3 with 1576 viewsJJJack

Amat on 08:58 - May 3 by jack_lord

I am very much an Amat supporter and feel he really has been held back over the last year.

What I find even more amazing is that Bartley was picked ahead of him.

Monk because Williams persuaded him to. I'm a big fan of Ash as a player but he's bit too "John Terryish" for my liking only without being as good. Ash is besties with Bartley. Bartley is as much a Prem League centre back as I am. Absolute liability. Amat should have played many more games . We have some of our best form and results when he's played.
Amat on 12:14 - May 3 with 1570 viewsDJack

+1

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Amat on 12:15 - May 3 with 1564 viewsJJJack

Amat on 12:12 - May 3 by JJJack

Monk because Williams persuaded him to. I'm a big fan of Ash as a player but he's bit too "John Terryish" for my liking only without being as good. Ash is besties with Bartley. Bartley is as much a Prem League centre back as I am. Absolute liability. Amat should have played many more games . We have some of our best form and results when he's played.

Prem starts this season with Amat at CB:
Palace 0-0 Swansea
Aresnal 1-2 Swansea
Swansea 3-1 Liverpool

Coincidence?

14/15
mAN Utd 1-2 Swansea
Swansea 1-0 Burnley
Swansea 3-0 West Brom
Chelsea 4-2 Swansea (went off injured at HT , score was 1-1)
Swansea 0-1 Liverpool
Leicester 2-0 Swansea (played Left Back)
Newvastle 2-3 Swansea

His only other appearances have been very short sub appearances late on. So out of 10 games he's started in the last 2 Prem seasons (and obviously the rustiness he must have felt), we have won 6, drawn 1 and lost just 3, one of which he went off at 1-1 at the Bridge. Throw in that in those games we've played Liverpool twice and played at Old Trafford, the Emirates, the King Power and Stamford Bridge and the figures become almost ridiculously good?!
[Post edited 3 May 2016 12:24]
Amat on 12:23 - May 3 with 1535 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Amat on 12:12 - May 3 by JJJack

Ash has far too much say, even for a captain.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Amat on 12:32 - May 3 with 1493 viewsbuilthjack

Good post Loyal, it about sums up Amat. We need to get him more involved.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Amat on 12:43 - May 3 with 1465 viewsQuincy999

Amat is a great professional. When he joined the club I believed he would go on and play for Spain at some point. Unfortunately we as a club are holding him back, while he may be happy to stay due to the amount we can pay him, if we do not have him in our first team plans this year then we should let him go for his own good.
Having a Bartley being picked ahead of him must have been a slap in the face.
Amat on 12:49 - May 3 with 1441 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Amat on 12:43 - May 3 by Quincy999

Amat is a great professional. When he joined the club I believed he would go on and play for Spain at some point. Unfortunately we as a club are holding him back, while he may be happy to stay due to the amount we can pay him, if we do not have him in our first team plans this year then we should let him go for his own good.
Having a Bartley being picked ahead of him must have been a slap in the face.

having fernandez picked ahead of him was a slap in the face

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Amat on 14:21 - May 3 with 1298 viewsMagicDaps

I think it's time for Amat to become a regular in this side, as has been said he's the consummate professional, he's reliable and he's never let us down. It is worth remembering that he's also had to fill in a lot of voids out of position in his time here, often playing centre midfield during the injury crisis of 13/14 and at full back which was never going to get the best out of him. He's still only 24, and has plenty to learn but alongside Williams on a regular basis he's going to learn a lot.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Amat on 14:42 - May 3 with 1259 viewspencoedjack

Amat on 12:15 - May 3 by JJJack

Palace 0-0 Swansea
Aresnal 1-2 Swansea
Swansea 3-1 Liverpool

Coincidence?

14/15
mAN Utd 1-2 Swansea
Swansea 1-0 Burnley
Swansea 3-0 West Brom
Swansea 0-1 Liverpool
Newvastle 2-3 Swansea

His only other appearances have been very short sub appearances late on. So out of 10 games he's started in the last 2 Prem seasons (and obviously the rustiness he must have felt), we have won 6, drawn 1 and lost just 3, one of which he went off at 1-1 at the Bridge. Throw in that in those games we've played Liverpool twice and played at Old Trafford, the Emirates, the King Power and Stamford Bridge and the figures become almost ridiculously good?!

Nice stats

The Williams thing with picking Bartley ahead of him you know that as fact ?
Amat on 15:02 - May 3 with 1230 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Amat on 12:15 - May 3 by JJJack

Palace 0-0 Swansea
Aresnal 1-2 Swansea
Swansea 3-1 Liverpool

Coincidence?

14/15
mAN Utd 1-2 Swansea
Swansea 1-0 Burnley
Swansea 3-0 West Brom
Swansea 0-1 Liverpool
Newvastle 2-3 Swansea

And contributed to 3 clean sheets, a very underrated player indeed.
Amat on 15:06 - May 3 with 1220 viewsicecoldjack

Amat on 12:23 - May 3 by Brynmill_Jack

Ash has far too much say, even for a captain.

I agree.
Amat on 15:36 - May 3 with 1182 viewsmacthejack

One of the best trainers at the club as well by all accounts.
Amat on 16:41 - May 3 with 1117 viewsLoyal

Amat on 14:42 - May 3 by pencoedjack

Nice stats

The Williams thing with picking Bartley ahead of him you know that as fact ?

If it is Williams and indeed Monk should hang their heads in shame.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Amat on 19:37 - May 3 with 1004 viewsJJJack

Amat on 16:41 - May 3 by Loyal

If it is Williams and indeed Monk should hang their heads in shame.

No, heard it 2nd hand - could be nonsense of course but the sauce was pretty reliable. I'd expect Ash to have input into it, maybe have a very strong opinion but ultimately it's down to the Manager. Given his stats, it's odd he's had so little game time since early last season
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024