Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joma - It's official 11:26 - May 3 with 18177 viewsDarran

http://mobile.swanseacity.net/news/article/swans-sign-joma-for-new-campaign-3092

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Joma - It's official on 14:43 - May 3 with 3129 viewsProfessor

Link rather than photos (as I can't be bothered)

Palermo's current kits

http://www.uksoccershop.com/blog/joma-palermo-201516-football-jerseys/
Joma - It's official on 16:05 - May 3 with 2963 viewsheadcleaner

I couldnt really care about who manufactures but I do know that kids like their name brands and Adidas are fine wiv da kids whereas Joma maybe not so. the club I guess are taking a gamble on the sheeple (see what I did there) just taking it because it says Swansea city on it. Lets hope it doesn't backfire.

the real story here is that the club paid an agency to source the deal! surely if they employ x amount in the marketing dept couldn't they have saved some money by sourcing it themselves? I don't know how much a "sourcer" gets but I would imagine it isn't buttons.
Joma - It's official on 16:31 - May 3 with 2897 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Joma - It's official on 14:43 - May 3 by Professor

Link rather than photos (as I can't be bothered)

Palermo's current kits

http://www.uksoccershop.com/blog/joma-palermo-201516-football-jerseys/

Those look quite nice i must say
Joma - It's official on 16:42 - May 3 with 2878 viewsLoyal

Joma - It's official on 16:05 - May 3 by headcleaner

I couldnt really care about who manufactures but I do know that kids like their name brands and Adidas are fine wiv da kids whereas Joma maybe not so. the club I guess are taking a gamble on the sheeple (see what I did there) just taking it because it says Swansea city on it. Lets hope it doesn't backfire.

the real story here is that the club paid an agency to source the deal! surely if they employ x amount in the marketing dept couldn't they have saved some money by sourcing it themselves? I don't know how much a "sourcer" gets but I would imagine it isn't buttons.

We pay an agency to source everything.
Including cleaners.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Joma - It's official on 16:58 - May 3 with 2829 viewsOldjack

ffs i thought we'd signed a new manager

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Joma - It's official on 17:31 - May 3 with 2756 viewsThursday

Dineen's happy that it's a 'bespoke kit.' Club shop staff are besides themselves.
Joma - It's official on 17:34 - May 3 with 2745 viewsheadcleaner

Joma - It's official on 16:42 - May 3 by Loyal

We pay an agency to source everything.
Including cleaners.

If that's the case why the he'll do we need so many staff just outsource it. Why doesn't the club do something original and actually do their own work and build up a catalogue of their own contacts. Blimey what a novelty. I do believe the shirt sponsorship was laid in dineen lap by another prem club. What a waste of money that side of the club is. Most of the shop merch is probably from companies approaching the club. Lazy at best sadly.
Joma - It's official on 18:24 - May 3 with 2668 viewslonglostjack

Joma - It's official on 16:58 - May 3 by Oldjack

ffs i thought we'd signed a new manager

I thought it was some wonder kid striker we'd signed when I saw that it was 3 pages already and it turns out it's a bloody clothes thread.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Joma - It's official on 19:01 - May 3 with 2588 viewsEdmundo

Joma - It's official on 12:14 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

No one at the club will be using the toilet without the new owners' say so let alone signing multi year commercial deals if the sale is as close as has been reported.

Or sing nasty songs about our 'little unwashed neighbouring club'

😂

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Joma - It's official on 20:04 - May 3 with 2480 viewsJackfath

Are those complaining about the make of the kit and leisurewear grown ups?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Joma - It's official on 20:12 - May 3 with 2458 viewsDDCH

We get it Fath, you don't buy any Swans merchandise.

Lots of people do though. I like a shirt, and I also get a fair chunk of end of season leisure wear for the gym and cycling. The umbro, and adidas stuff is great for this purpose. The Macron and Bergoni stuff I have is awful, and uncomfortable.

Saying that my favourite kit is my old Matchwinner wavey strips one....go figure.

I doubt I'll buy any Joma stuff next year, unless it exceeds the adidas stuff for fit, comfort and quality. I couldn't care less about bespoke design, as it'll be white, and that's good enough for me.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 20:18]

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Joma - It's official on 20:12 - May 3 with 2457 viewsGeoffThom

Hmmm this could work against the club ',I say this having young kids who's first words after looking at the joma site was yuck and youve got to be joking I'm not wearing that stuff ,like it or not kids will go for the labels and joma aren't one ,well only in Latin America and Spain
Joma - It's official on 20:18 - May 3 with 2426 viewsJackfath

Joma - It's official on 20:12 - May 3 by DDCH

We get it Fath, you don't buy any Swans merchandise.

Lots of people do though. I like a shirt, and I also get a fair chunk of end of season leisure wear for the gym and cycling. The umbro, and adidas stuff is great for this purpose. The Macron and Bergoni stuff I have is awful, and uncomfortable.

Saying that my favourite kit is my old Matchwinner wavey strips one....go figure.

I doubt I'll buy any Joma stuff next year, unless it exceeds the adidas stuff for fit, comfort and quality. I couldn't care less about bespoke design, as it'll be white, and that's good enough for me.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 20:18]

Who says I don't buy it?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Joma - It's official on 20:19 - May 3 with 2418 viewsDDCH

Me, just then....do keep up

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Joma - It's official on 20:23 - May 3 with 2405 viewsJackfath

Joma - It's official on 20:19 - May 3 by DDCH

Me, just then....do keep up

Oh. I thought you wrote "we get it". Who is we, and how do they know?

Assumptions my friend.

Joma - It's official on 20:25 - May 3 with 2397 viewslondonlisa2001

Joma - It's official on 20:12 - May 3 by GeoffThom

Hmmm this could work against the club ',I say this having young kids who's first words after looking at the joma site was yuck and youve got to be joking I'm not wearing that stuff ,like it or not kids will go for the labels and joma aren't one ,well only in Latin America and Spain

It won't work against the club.

We probably only get £5 per shirt sold. Selling 20,000 less than if it was Adidas is a loss of £100k.

I'd bet anything that Joma are paying us way more than £100k more than Adidas to wear their stuff.

Like it or not, these are commercial decisions and being Joma's flagship brand (as we will be) is, I imagine, lucrative.
Joma - It's official on 20:47 - May 3 with 2320 viewsharryhpalmer

Joma - It's official on 11:32 - May 3 by airedale

I quite like the fact they re a family oriented concern, and not a mega company like Adidas. Bit like us really. Also there's the 'short order' facility too, which will please those frustrated by lack of stock in the past.

'short order facility' - shouldn't be needed if the person was managing the stock correctly!

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Joma - It's official on 20:50 - May 3 with 2313 viewsGeoffThom

Joma - It's official on 20:25 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

It won't work against the club.

We probably only get £5 per shirt sold. Selling 20,000 less than if it was Adidas is a loss of £100k.

I'd bet anything that Joma are paying us way more than £100k more than Adidas to wear their stuff.

Like it or not, these are commercial decisions and being Joma's flagship brand (as we will be) is, I imagine, lucrative.

The kids will dictate if it's any good as they are the biggest wearers of merchandising
Joma - It's official on 20:53 - May 3 with 2290 viewsharryhpalmer

Joma - It's official on 13:29 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

Puma are putting their main efforts into Arsenal though, so same story.

I suspect (though don't know) that Adidas decided not to renew rather than us or at least offered us a crappy deal. They have spent so much money on Man Utd that I believe they are pulling out of other sponsorships all over the place.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 13:30]

I have had a conversation with someone at Adidas HQ and they definitely wanted to keep the deal. So the deal to switch Adidas for Joma was purely one taken by the club

Poll: Who do you want as next Manager?

Joma - It's official on 20:56 - May 3 with 2284 viewslondonlisa2001

Joma - It's official on 20:50 - May 3 by GeoffThom

The kids will dictate if it's any good as they are the biggest wearers of merchandising

I don't dispute that in the slightest but it's a decision made for commercial reasons, and like it or not, the club will earn more from being paid to wear the stuff than they do from increased shirt sales because kids happen to like merchandise.

The biggest sellers are probably the shirts anyway, and most people that currently buys a shirt will still buy one because it is our shirt. It's the leisure stuff that will be more hit I would guess if people don't like it.

My comment about the club not losing out is purely based on money.
Joma - It's official on 20:58 - May 3 with 2274 viewslondonlisa2001

Joma - It's official on 20:53 - May 3 by harryhpalmer

I have had a conversation with someone at Adidas HQ and they definitely wanted to keep the deal. So the deal to switch Adidas for Joma was purely one taken by the club

In which case we are getting a lot more money.

Southampton have also switched so it may be that Adidas were offering crappy deals to the smaller clubs.

I have heard that they are finding the Man Utd deal difficult.
Joma - It's official on 21:25 - May 3 with 2197 viewsdougie

Joma - It's official on 20:53 - May 3 by harryhpalmer

It was taken by the club as macron were trying to get into the club and couldn't get anywhere near the deal. I was told we are talking a 8 figure sum more than adidas over the term of the contract. That is serious wedge if true
Joma - It's official on 21:31 - May 3 with 2181 viewsGeoffThom

Joma - It's official on 20:56 - May 3 by londonlisa2001

I don't dispute that in the slightest but it's a decision made for commercial reasons, and like it or not, the club will earn more from being paid to wear the stuff than they do from increased shirt sales because kids happen to like merchandise.

The biggest sellers are probably the shirts anyway, and most people that currently buys a shirt will still buy one because it is our shirt. It's the leisure stuff that will be more hit I would guess if people don't like it.

My comment about the club not losing out is purely based on money.

The problem is that the commercial dept doesn't generate what it should and this deal might not help if the merchandising is not desirable
Joma - It's official on 21:38 - May 3 with 2157 viewsBadgeman

Addidas have been overrated for us since we came up.

I'll happily take Joma if we could just have a black away kit for one effing season.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Joma - It's official on 22:51 - May 3 with 2038 viewspikeypaul

I agree that shirt looks good to me.the White Valencia one Mrswerve posted on page one not the pink crap.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 22:58]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024