Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Brenda playing mind games? 16:15 - May 3 with 4275 viewssully49

Personally, I believe he is just plainly devious and would drop us like a stone and jump ship AGAIN.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3570409/Brendan-Rodgers-drops-
[Post edited 3 May 2016 16:58]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 16:24 - May 3 with 3100 viewsDarran

He can't drop us like a stone if he's not lined up to join us.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 16:29 - May 3 with 3072 viewsmonmouth

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 16:24 - May 3 by Darran

He can't drop us like a stone if he's not lined up to join us.

Yes, he can't. Celtic sounds right up his street to be fair, just as I thought Newcastle was. Just imagine how far he'd insert himself up the collective hoop with 'Glasgow's a wonderful city with wonderful supporters of a wonderful club etc etc'...play on repeat until sacked or something better turns up.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 16:44 - May 3 with 3022 viewsjackjackjackjack

Not much enthusiasm for him in the comments.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 16:52 - May 3 with 2977 viewsDavillin

I take no sides on anything related to Rodgers.

However, it seems to me that he's simply not getting drawn into a "back-and-forth" with the media -- always a pain-in-the-butt, losing venture. If so, good for him. He's also getting the benefit of lots of press notice at no cost to him.

By the way, he's doing the same thing in this regard as Huw Jenkins, which is also good.

No-one has any obligation to answer any questions from the media, or to correct blind rumours. In fact, that is the best response.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:21 - May 3 with 2877 viewsJohnw102

Brendan Rodgers and the word devious in the same sentence? Surely not!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:36 - May 3 with 2827 viewsmax936

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:21 - May 3 by Johnw102

Brendan Rodgers and the word devious in the same sentence? Surely not!

As much as I would rather someone else had the gig, I'll stick up for him here JW I don't think he was ever devious in his intentions towards us, he did after all agree to a sell clause got us 15 mill for Joe and always said that as much as he liked being at Swansea he wasn't gonna stay here forever, that's hardly him being devious in fairness, now the Spanish matador is a different matter altogether, he shouldn't ever be allowed back here for me.
[Post edited 3 May 2016 18:06]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:36 - May 3 with 2824 viewsOldjack

Manage little old Swansea again after coming so close with the mighty Pool, his ego just couldn't take it surely ,and make no bones about it, if a better offer comes in he's off ,and that we can do without for a change

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:41 - May 3 with 2793 viewsmax936

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:36 - May 3 by Oldjack

Manage little old Swansea again after coming so close with the mighty Pool, his ego just couldn't take it surely ,and make no bones about it, if a better offer comes in he's off ,and that we can do without for a change

Its all smoke and mirrors OJ, we can only guess whats going on, but nothing would surprise us would it.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:41 - May 3 with 2792 viewsDarran

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:36 - May 3 by Oldjack

Well he's not getting a bigger club than Liverpool in England that's for sure.

I don't see what he's done differently to thousands of managers in the past in that article though.

Manager touting himself around for a new job,whatever next eh?

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:52 - May 3 with 2751 viewsOldjack

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:41 - May 3 by max936

Its all smoke and mirrors OJ, we can only guess whats going on, but nothing would surprise us would it.

Franco had a meet with Huw over two weeks ago, and Franco said he'd know yay or nay in two weeks ffs sort it out mun ,i'd like him to stay

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:13 - May 3 with 2692 viewsGlyn1

‘I’m just enjoying the rest — I’ve got no concrete offers at the moment but certainly in the summer I want to get back to work,’ Rodgers.

Obviously he'd prefer to be at Celtic rather than Swansea, but that's hardly surprising. What does surprise me - if he's telling the truth - is that he hasn't received a definite offer from Jenkins now it's clear that we'll still be in the Premier League next season.

I'm really hoping Huw Jenkins will clear things up at the London event this Friday - surely he'll have to say something?
[Post edited 3 May 2016 18:15]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:17 - May 3 with 2673 viewsOldjack

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:41 - May 3 by Darran

Well he's not getting a bigger club than Liverpool in England that's for sure.

I don't see what he's done differently to thousands of managers in the past in that article though.

Manager touting himself around for a new job,whatever next eh?

Some have already stated on here, he's ours, wtf is going on

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:23 - May 3 with 2646 viewsmax936

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:13 - May 3 by Glyn1

‘I’m just enjoying the rest — I’ve got no concrete offers at the moment but certainly in the summer I want to get back to work,’ Rodgers.

Obviously he'd prefer to be at Celtic rather than Swansea, but that's hardly surprising. What does surprise me - if he's telling the truth - is that he hasn't received a definite offer from Jenkins now it's clear that we'll still be in the Premier League next season.

I'm really hoping Huw Jenkins will clear things up at the London event this Friday - surely he'll have to say something?
[Post edited 3 May 2016 18:15]

I hope the London Swans get into Huwbert with some awkward questions with regard to what has gone on, although I'm not sure he'll give any concrete answer.

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:25 - May 3 with 2641 viewsOldjack

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:23 - May 3 by max936

I hope the London Swans get into Huwbert with some awkward questions with regard to what has gone on, although I'm not sure he'll give any concrete answer.

The quicker Franco can start polishing some Italian turds the better

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:28 - May 3 with 2630 viewsDarran

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:17 - May 3 by Oldjack

Some have already stated on here, he's ours, wtf is going on

Well someone has just stated on here that he's stated he isn't Alan.

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:32 - May 3 with 2609 viewsOldjack

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:28 - May 3 by Darran

Well someone has just stated on here that he's stated he isn't Alan.

I've given up now ,i'll be disappointing if Franco is not given the job mind

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:50 - May 3 with 2546 viewsMrSwerve

I love how people act as if this wouldn't be the case for every single manager in the World (maybe Curt excluded!)

Any manager would be off at the sign of a 'bigger' job. Think Guidolin would give a toss about us if the Italian FA offered him the international job tomorrow?

There's no loyalty in football at this level - get used to it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 19:00 - May 3 with 2497 viewsjack247

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:50 - May 3 by MrSwerve

I love how people act as if this wouldn't be the case for every single manager in the World (maybe Curt excluded!)

Any manager would be off at the sign of a 'bigger' job. Think Guidolin would give a toss about us if the Italian FA offered him the international job tomorrow?

Spot on.

I'm a big Guidolin advocate, but would completely expect him to say thanks but no thanks if a major Italian club came sniffing. Rodgers wouldn't be any different and I don't see why he should. These people aren't fans, they are professionals.

A bit off topic, but I'm not sure Celtic is a bigger draw than us at the moment. 4 games against Rangers and 6 in the CL group. I'd be happy enough if he went there though.
Is Brenda playing mind games? on 19:09 - May 3 with 2463 viewsmorningstar

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:50 - May 3 by MrSwerve

I would like Guidolin to be given the opportunity, but if he doesn't get it, I wouldn't feel sorry for him. Loyalty comes from the fans only, And as you say, if he was offered a better job tomorrow it would be arrivederci my Swansea friends.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 19:30 - May 3 with 2382 viewsTheKirkyLife

If he goes to Celtic I'll be very happy. Guidolin is a much better option and although I'd prefer a new man with new ideas I'd take Al Fredo over Mr Rodge.
Is Brenda playing mind games? on 21:36 - May 3 with 2191 viewsBadgeman

He should go to Celtic, then TNS so he can not win a gift wrapped league title in every corner of Britain.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 22:10 - May 3 with 2078 viewsfelixstowe_jack

I don't think Celtic even qualified for the CL group stages this season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 22:19 - May 3 with 2035 viewsSwansNZ

"Along with David Moyes, Roy Keane, Paul Lambert and Neil Lennon, the 43-year-old has featured on the bookmakers’ short-list for Parkhead"

Wow, the cream of British/Irish managers there, surprised there is no Garry Monk too.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:01 - May 4 with 1759 viewsGlyn1

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 22:19 - May 3 by SwansNZ

"Along with David Moyes, Roy Keane, Paul Lambert and Neil Lennon, the 43-year-old has featured on the bookmakers’ short-list for Parkhead"

Wow, the cream of British/Irish managers there, surprised there is no Garry Monk too.

Surely both Moyes, Lennon (and Keane?) would be preferred to him out of that list.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 18:49 - May 4 with 1620 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Is Brenda playing mind games? on 17:01 - May 4 by Glyn1

Surely both Moyes, Lennon (and Keane?) would be preferred to him out of that list.

I certainly wouldn't prefer Lennon or Keane to come here and I doubt that Moyes would get my vote over Brendan either.

I accept that Celtic is a completely different kettle of fish to Swansea.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024