Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was the moon landing fake? 04:05 - May 4 with 4843 viewsswanskid95

As some of you may know I'm studying at Sheffield university and my course main goal is to give reasons, or dubunk popular conspiracy theorys and give good arguements, so far on planet Swans I've posted about 911 and area 52, which helped me so much, I got 2 A's so thank you to anybody who gave their opinion.

Anyway, back to the point.

Was the moon landing faked?

I wasn't born when this happened, or have never really been interested in space, so I'm sitting on the fence with this one, as I have no idea.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Was the moon landing fake? on 13:45 - May 4 with 1953 viewsmacthejack

No.

Next question.
Was the moon landing fake? on 13:47 - May 4 with 1948 viewsMrSwerve

Was the moon landing fake? on 13:45 - May 4 by macthejack

No.

Next question.

That'll only get you a B!

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Was the moon landing fake? on 13:56 - May 4 with 1933 viewsLord_Bony

Was the moon landing fake? on 13:41 - May 4 by MrSwerve

I'd like to hear the conspiracy about area 52.

I do hope you reference planet swans in your assignments.

Heres the Area 51 thread....and y'all just lighten up here...dont take it too seriously please...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/163559/page:2#.VynwQvkrK

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:00 - May 4 with 1919 viewsMrSwerve

Was the moon landing fake? on 13:56 - May 4 by Lord_Bony

Heres the Area 51 thread....and y'all just lighten up here...dont take it too seriously please...

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/163559/page:2#.VynwQvkrK

What about area 52 though?

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:02 - May 4 with 1918 viewsLord_Bony

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:00 - May 4 by MrSwerve

What about area 52 though?

Could Area 51 really be a cover up for Area 52 where the real shit takes place?

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:38 - May 4 with 1884 viewsicecoldjack

Did they go to the Moon?

Hmm..I'd say No,at least not with the Technology that was on offer back in the 60's .

Why didn't Russia expose it? well that;s an easy one to answer, it was the classic check mate situation, they got the accolade of being the first man in space with yuri gagarin but only thing was he wasn't the first, he was the 9th Soviet in space but onyl the first to not get killed on re enrty .

So they both had dirt on each other and maintained the Status Quo .

The Other major problem in getting to the Moon was being able to survive going through the Van Allen Radiation belt, with the theorized thickness and protection needed on the craft to shield men inside it does raise serious questions in terms of weight , fuel needed, electronic components etc, all this not pre tested either!

If i recall correctly the furthest man has been from the Earth before and after is abbout 300 miles ,the moon is 240,000 miles away !! all done on 60's tech not as good as your basic mobile telephone!

There are loads of interesting aspects to the whole thing, the type of Batteries used to power the moon buggy only had a max operating temp of around 140 degrees F and the
surface temp on the moon is 250 degrees F

Air conditioning units to keep the guys cool in the lim is another interesting one,there are plenty of things from engineering perspectives that have question marks over them,the weight of all these batteries must have been considerable.

The story of gus Grissom probably gives a great insight into the level of Nasa 's engineering, most of which was of course taken from Nazi scientists like Wermer Von Braun, who along with 100's of other Nazi scientists were living in secret in USA until their disclosure many years later.

Gus Grissom was a harsh critic of the Apollo program,he was lead man and ws due to be first on the moon, he was quoted as saying" how are we supposed to get to the moon when NASA can't talk between 2 buildings"

Anyway, he and his crew died not long after while testing the craft, the reason why 3 people got killed was layed at the feet of the dead man

"Dr. John McCarthy, director of research, engineering, and testing for North American, the aerospace company primarily responsible for building the Apollo capsule, laid the blame literally at Gus's feet. His hypothesis was that the command pilot might have kicked or scuffed a wire lead connected to an air-sampling instrument."

this was all it took to ignite the oxygen with a spark and kill 3 men !! a kick with a foot on a wire ??

A lot of it doesn't seem plausible for that time and that level of tech IMO.

I do however believe there is a lot more advanced technology around that us mere mortals have yet to even qauntify let alone understand , maybe the Apollo rockets which are basically glorified fireworks , were used for the media and other tech was used to actually get there,thus keeping themselves ahead on the cold war and not exposing their tech hand to the Russians ?

How's that for fuel to the fire ?....

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:50 - May 4 with 1868 viewsWarwickHunt

Was the moon landing fake? on 12:54 - May 4 by Phaedrus

Conspiracy theorists tend to be very,very stupid indeed.

Innit. Some f*cking beauts on here...

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/jul/02/apollo-11-hoax-myths-debunked

We've had Van Allen belts, the tw@t who brings up the Coke bottle wins a coconut.

F*ck me - these people are allowed to vote and procreate.
Was the moon landing fake? on 14:58 - May 4 with 1853 viewsDarran

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:50 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

We've had Van Allen belts, the tw@t who brings up the Coke bottle wins a coconut.

icecoldjack like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:00 - May 4 with 1848 viewsWarwickHunt

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:58 - May 4 by Darran

icecoldjack like.

No names, no pack drill.

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:02 - May 4 with 1837 viewsDarran

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:00 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

No names, no pack drill.

Honestly like.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:05 - May 4 with 1828 viewsicecoldjack

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:50 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

You do know who that guy is right? RE the quotes in the Gaurdian article.

He's a school teacher who now works in a museum, so lets all believe him eh.ffs!

He did his degree in Environmental sciences, ie, a not a fookin' clue but little bit of everything from the sea,sand,soil and sky !

Doug Millard

" graduated in Environmental Sciences at the University of Warwick in 1981. He qualified as a secondary science teacher in 1983 and then joined the Education Department of the Science Museum in London in 1985. Between 1987 and 1991 he curated the chemical industry, gas, plastics and space technology collections. In 1992 he managed the Museum’s main collections’ store and then coordinated the procurement and installation of the Museum’s new computer network. In 1994 he returned to curatorial work and is now Deputy Keeper Technologies and Engineering.
Was the moon landing fake? on 15:11 - May 4 with 1809 viewsMrSwerve

The one that puzzles me is the 'leaked' footage from NASA that shows the Apollo 11 crew fabricating that they are further away from the Earth than they actually are...vid here:

When asked, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong would not explain what they were in the process of doing.

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:33 - May 4 with 1783 viewsmacthejack

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:05 - May 4 by icecoldjack

He's a school teacher who now works in a museum, so lets all believe him eh.ffs!

He did his degree in Environmental sciences, ie, a not a fookin' clue but little bit of everything from the sea,sand,soil and sky !

Doug Millard

" graduated in Environmental Sciences at the University of Warwick in 1981. He qualified as a secondary science teacher in 1983 and then joined the Education Department of the Science Museum in London in 1985. Between 1987 and 1991 he curated the chemical industry, gas, plastics and space technology collections. In 1992 he managed the Museum’s main collections’ store and then coordinated the procurement and installation of the Museum’s new computer network. In 1994 he returned to curatorial work and is now Deputy Keeper Technologies and Engineering.

What's your degree in icey?
Was the moon landing fake? on 15:34 - May 4 with 1780 viewsLoyal

I'm more interested in any decent wan k spots they may have pretended to have found.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:44 - May 4 with 1767 viewsWarwickHunt

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:05 - May 4 by icecoldjack

Doug Millard

Aye - he's the only one ever to have commented on the flag moving...

The facts are out there, but hey - stick to pseudo-science and nut jobs.

woooooooooooooooo.
Was the moon landing fake? on 15:46 - May 4 with 1683 viewsWarwickHunt

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:33 - May 4 by macthejack

What's your degree in icey?

Millinery.

From the Bacofoil Institute of Pseudo-Science.
Was the moon landing fake? on 15:50 - May 4 with 1672 viewsblueytheblue

Any degree course about conspiracy theories would be incredibly simple to pass.

Every conspiracy theory question can be answered by either linking to a snopes.com article debunking it or just by quoting "It's da Jooz innit bruv".

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Was the moon landing fake? on 16:50 - May 4 with 1606 viewsQuakerJack

Yeah they went to the Moon... I did it at Uni... not just the moon landings but the American consciousness around conspiracies, paranoia, Roswell, Kennedy, Moon landings etc etc etc...

When I first looked at it I didn't think they had but then by the end of it, it was clear that they did... The word conspiracy theorist is used by the elite to label as mad, anyone who questions the official account. There are many who believe every conspiracy theory, from Kennedy to the reptilian royals put forward by David Icke, but it's ok to critically analyse an event like the Kennedy assassination separately from something far more ridiculous like say the holocaust denial rubbish... Look at Watergate... that was proven... the House committee on assassinations actually concluded that there was a conspiracy around the Kennedy murder but didn't conclude what it was.

The Moon Landings tho, they happened, and there were many holes in the science around the hoax theories, such as the stars... it's claimed that they couldn't fake the stars because astronomers would instantly notice the fake constellations... however, no human eye not camera would pick them out given the lighting on the moon.

I actually do believe the Lost Cosmonaut theories tho, that the soviets shot people into space to try and beat the Americans and let them die when they couldn't get them back. Very plausible when you read about the way they operated.
[Post edited 4 May 2016 16:53]

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Was the moon landing fake? on 16:52 - May 4 with 1598 viewsQuakerJack

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:50 - May 4 by blueytheblue

Every conspiracy theory question can be answered by either linking to a snopes.com article debunking it or just by quoting "It's da Jooz innit bruv".

well mine was History but it wasn't about the conspiracies themselves, but the American social consciousness around paranoia etc... there's no one size with these theories, anyone who just believes the official account of everything they're told is really naive... look at Watergate.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Was the moon landing fake? on 18:24 - May 4 with 1503 viewsThursday

No, it wasn't.

Easiest A you'll get.
Was the moon landing fake? on 20:37 - May 4 with 1430 viewsItchySphincter

Was the moon landing fake? on 14:38 - May 4 by icecoldjack

Did they go to the Moon?

Hmm..I'd say No,at least not with the Technology that was on offer back in the 60's .

Why didn't Russia expose it? well that;s an easy one to answer, it was the classic check mate situation, they got the accolade of being the first man in space with yuri gagarin but only thing was he wasn't the first, he was the 9th Soviet in space but onyl the first to not get killed on re enrty .

So they both had dirt on each other and maintained the Status Quo .

The Other major problem in getting to the Moon was being able to survive going through the Van Allen Radiation belt, with the theorized thickness and protection needed on the craft to shield men inside it does raise serious questions in terms of weight , fuel needed, electronic components etc, all this not pre tested either!

If i recall correctly the furthest man has been from the Earth before and after is abbout 300 miles ,the moon is 240,000 miles away !! all done on 60's tech not as good as your basic mobile telephone!

There are loads of interesting aspects to the whole thing, the type of Batteries used to power the moon buggy only had a max operating temp of around 140 degrees F and the
surface temp on the moon is 250 degrees F

Air conditioning units to keep the guys cool in the lim is another interesting one,there are plenty of things from engineering perspectives that have question marks over them,the weight of all these batteries must have been considerable.

The story of gus Grissom probably gives a great insight into the level of Nasa 's engineering, most of which was of course taken from Nazi scientists like Wermer Von Braun, who along with 100's of other Nazi scientists were living in secret in USA until their disclosure many years later.

Gus Grissom was a harsh critic of the Apollo program,he was lead man and ws due to be first on the moon, he was quoted as saying" how are we supposed to get to the moon when NASA can't talk between 2 buildings"

Anyway, he and his crew died not long after while testing the craft, the reason why 3 people got killed was layed at the feet of the dead man

"Dr. John McCarthy, director of research, engineering, and testing for North American, the aerospace company primarily responsible for building the Apollo capsule, laid the blame literally at Gus's feet. His hypothesis was that the command pilot might have kicked or scuffed a wire lead connected to an air-sampling instrument."

this was all it took to ignite the oxygen with a spark and kill 3 men !! a kick with a foot on a wire ??

A lot of it doesn't seem plausible for that time and that level of tech IMO.

I do however believe there is a lot more advanced technology around that us mere mortals have yet to even qauntify let alone understand , maybe the Apollo rockets which are basically glorified fireworks , were used for the media and other tech was used to actually get there,thus keeping themselves ahead on the cold war and not exposing their tech hand to the Russians ?

How's that for fuel to the fire ?....

YAY! Another essay!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Was the moon landing fake? on 21:30 - May 4 with 1393 viewsSwaneeRiver

Yes it was fake - set up by the same people who conspired to shoot JFK and are currently responsible for keeping Elvis, Michael Jackson, Shergar and Lord Lucan alive and well and living in London
Was the moon landing fake? on 22:15 - May 4 with 1342 viewscentrestandswan

Is Planet Swans fake ?

Is Daz an illusion?
Are contributions real or just computerized from a central source prone to absurd views and BS ************"""""????////////llllllcvvvvv))))))- ????.
Mal Function Mal Function Mal Function.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Was the moon landing fake? on 23:05 - May 4 with 1284 viewsMrSwerve

Mal Function, knew him well.

Was the moon landing fake? on 01:48 - May 5 with 1234 viewsLoyal

Was the moon landing fake? on 15:50 - May 4 by blueytheblue

That's what I said ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024