Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre 20:45 - May 4 with 3413 viewsepaul

Doors 6 30pm, apparently Sir Huwbert will be in attendance

http://www.londonwelsh.org/london-jacks-supporters-trust-meeting/

http://www.londonwelsh.org/

See you there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 20:58 - May 4 with 2777 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Make sure you strip him of his title.

Mister Huwbert.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:00 - May 4 with 2711 viewsepaul

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 20:58 - May 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Make sure you strip him of his title.

Mister Huwbert.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:09 - May 4 with 2684 viewsvetchonian

Someone ask him why our so called saviours are selling out to put the club back in a situation such as they rescued it from

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:19 - May 4 with 2670 viewsepaul

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:09 - May 4 by vetchonian

Someone ask him why our so called saviours are selling out to put the club back in a situation such as they rescued it from

In fairness its the hot topic and there will no doubt be several coming at that angle

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:22 - May 4 with 2664 viewsmax936

Sort him out Paul, pose some question that'll have him squirming to answer, see if he's as good as your mate Mr Cameron at deflecting the questions.
[Post edited 4 May 2016 22:23]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:48 - May 4 with 2624 viewsepaul

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:22 - May 4 by max936

Sort him out Paul, pose some question that'll have him squirming to answer, see if he's as good as your mate Mr Cameron at deflecting the questions.
[Post edited 4 May 2016 22:23]

I dont doubt he's slippery Steve

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 23:08 - May 4 with 2601 viewsBigPhilG

I bet no one gets a straight answer
Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:04 - May 5 with 2550 viewslonglostjack

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:48 - May 4 by epaul

I dont doubt he's slippery Steve

Respect if he turns up but we can do without too much of that when the questioning begins. Gloves off. I still hope that he's playing a blinder and that there's some kind of agreement with another shareholder but that's probably the romantic optimist in me.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 01:40 - May 5 with 2506 viewsLoyal

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 22:09 - May 4 by vetchonian

What they took over the club when it was in the premier league ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 09:04 - May 5 with 2418 viewsdougie

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 01:40 - May 5 by Loyal

What they took over the club when it was in the premier league ?

Didn't you know the history of the swans only goes back to 2011.
Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 10:18 - May 5 with 2388 viewsLoyal

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 09:04 - May 5 by dougie

Didn't you know the history of the swans only goes back to 2011.

I'm finding it very difficult to see through some of the sentiment on here regards HJ. However, when certain others no longer on here mentioned such things there were mass reposts. Now, all of a sudden it seems the man is becoming a leper. Basically the guy and his cohorts who saved the club want out, they have done all they can.

And the people we are selling to are the people we are selling to.

Yes, ask some hard questions but nobody needs to think we are being left in the same state as 2001, because it's his and others efforts since they got the club reigns that mean these type of events get promoted. As did the club to the premier league.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 20:46 - May 6 with 2274 viewsMattG

Anyone providing updates from this event?
Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:10 - May 7 with 2083 viewsBarryTownSwam

Positive meeting. Smallish turn out but plenty of probing questions asked from the floor. Those who did not attend missed out on a cracker (and will have to wait to read about it in the SWEP tomorrow).

Not surprised HJ evaded the questions about the money men behind the proposed takeover. His lack of eye contact when giving his answer lead me to believe he does know the money men but is not going to say (and I don't blame him).

Interesting to hear we have agreed terms with the new manager but can't (contractually) release the details until season end. And some pleasing news about the types of players the new manager is discussing bringing to the club. I had to google most of them but all seem top quality additions (if they sign). Some heart felt praise and appreciation for Guido from all the panel.

Good news also about the Council willing to drop the selling price of the Liberty but still some way to go in agreeing mutual sale terms.

Academy news also welcome. Swans have tied up an African U17 star (didn't catch his position) who turned down other top clubs from all over Europe to join our academy because his late great auntie had (apparently) married a man from Merthyr and had visited S Wales on occasions. Further proof that the name of Swansea City continues to spread globally. Also helps having good relationships with scouts who are happy to recommend the best top young talent to the club.

HJ also confirmed that the Liberty is hosting 2 more music events over the summer (admitted funds would come in handy). No confirmed bands at the moment apart from Bad Manners, Kid Creole & The Coconuts, and Right Said Fred. More of a family event apparently rather than a music event.

Lee Trundele is taking his coaching badges and starts a job as Under 16 coach at start of next season. Leon also taking his bAdges - has volunteered to hep out on the coaching front (with help from John Hartson).

My favourite bit came when HJ was asked whether he was confident his signings during this close season would be better equipped for the job than "the rag tag pony tail mob" signed last summer. It's what HJ didn't say that spiller the beans !

Finally - news of pre-season trips / tour matches to Abu Dhabi, Oman, Jordon and Dubai not yet finalised.

I left the evening confident our club is in safe hands
Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:17 - May 7 with 2058 viewsLoyal

Cheers for the update.

So for contractual reasons they can't announce the new manager ?
Well, if correct we all know now it isn't Guidollin because if it was it would be a straight forward case of announcing it any time they want.

The new manager is either with another club - or Rodgers has a written footnote in his LFC contract of not managing for the season after he leaves.

Sorted then, Guidolin it ain't.

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:36 - May 7 with 2038 viewsmonmouth

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:17 - May 7 by Loyal

Cheers for the update.

So for contractual reasons they can't announce the new manager ?
Well, if correct we all know now it isn't Guidollin because if it was it would be a straight forward case of announcing it any time they want.

The new manager is either with another club - or Rodgers has a written footnote in his LFC contract of not managing for the season after he leaves.

Sorted then, Guidolin it ain't.

Barring an incredible surprise, I think that's been fairly obvious since Chelsea, hasn't it? I wonder how he really feels.

It's Teethy McDossier isn't it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:38 - May 7 with 2031 viewslondonlisa2001

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:36 - May 7 by monmouth

Barring an incredible surprise, I think that's been fairly obvious since Chelsea, hasn't it? I wonder how he really feels.

It's Teethy McDossier isn't it?

Toothy McToothface :-)
Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 01:01 - May 7 with 2001 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:38 - May 7 by londonlisa2001

Toothy McToothface :-)

I'd prefer David Attenborough.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 07:34 - May 7 with 1796 viewsDr_Winston

Nice to see the jobs for the boys culture still flourishing too.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 07:47 - May 7 with 1778 viewsKilkennyjack

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 07:34 - May 7 by Dr_Winston

Nice to see the jobs for the boys culture still flourishing too.

Yes - must have forgotten to mention Tate, Rangel, and some guys who used to be postmen.....

Beware of the Risen People

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 08:32 - May 7 with 1711 viewsClinton

The most depressing thing is that list of bands coming to the Liberty.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 08:51 - May 7 with 1668 viewsLoyal

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 08:32 - May 7 by Clinton

The most depressing thing is that list of bands coming to the Liberty.

Bad Manners are steadily climbing from half full pubs ten years back to much bigger things.

However, I agree, but then proper bands means proper organisation.
Kid Creole will do it for £500.

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 09:16 - May 7 with 1638 viewswaynekerr55

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 00:10 - May 7 by BarryTownSwam

Positive meeting. Smallish turn out but plenty of probing questions asked from the floor. Those who did not attend missed out on a cracker (and will have to wait to read about it in the SWEP tomorrow).

Not surprised HJ evaded the questions about the money men behind the proposed takeover. His lack of eye contact when giving his answer lead me to believe he does know the money men but is not going to say (and I don't blame him).

Interesting to hear we have agreed terms with the new manager but can't (contractually) release the details until season end. And some pleasing news about the types of players the new manager is discussing bringing to the club. I had to google most of them but all seem top quality additions (if they sign). Some heart felt praise and appreciation for Guido from all the panel.

Good news also about the Council willing to drop the selling price of the Liberty but still some way to go in agreeing mutual sale terms.

Academy news also welcome. Swans have tied up an African U17 star (didn't catch his position) who turned down other top clubs from all over Europe to join our academy because his late great auntie had (apparently) married a man from Merthyr and had visited S Wales on occasions. Further proof that the name of Swansea City continues to spread globally. Also helps having good relationships with scouts who are happy to recommend the best top young talent to the club.

HJ also confirmed that the Liberty is hosting 2 more music events over the summer (admitted funds would come in handy). No confirmed bands at the moment apart from Bad Manners, Kid Creole & The Coconuts, and Right Said Fred. More of a family event apparently rather than a music event.

Lee Trundele is taking his coaching badges and starts a job as Under 16 coach at start of next season. Leon also taking his bAdges - has volunteered to hep out on the coaching front (with help from John Hartson).

My favourite bit came when HJ was asked whether he was confident his signings during this close season would be better equipped for the job than "the rag tag pony tail mob" signed last summer. It's what HJ didn't say that spiller the beans !

Finally - news of pre-season trips / tour matches to Abu Dhabi, Oman, Jordon and Dubai not yet finalised.

I left the evening confident our club is in safe hands

Taken his badges and starts as u16 coach.

F*cking hell so much for best man for the job and all that...

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 10:47 - May 7 with 1546 views3swan

Taking things on face value

Hj says that
“We have agreed terms with the new manager but can't (contractually) release the details until season end”

FG
“Says he has had a meeting with the chairman this week and does not know what his future is, as it will be decided at the end of the season”

Now if the manager is not going to be FG should HJ be making such a statement?

If FG has been told he is not the man, but has also been asked not to make it public, should HJ be making that statement?
Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 10:53 - May 7 with 1521 viewsmonmouth

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 10:47 - May 7 by 3swan

Taking things on face value

Hj says that
“We have agreed terms with the new manager but can't (contractually) release the details until season end”

FG
“Says he has had a meeting with the chairman this week and does not know what his future is, as it will be decided at the end of the season”

Now if the manager is not going to be FG should HJ be making such a statement?

If FG has been told he is not the man, but has also been asked not to make it public, should HJ be making that statement?

Looking at those two statements if both true, then FG can't be the new manager and hasn't been told (officially) that he isn't. That is, he can't have 'agreed terms' if 'he doesn't know what his future is'. There couldn't be any contractual reason not to announce it anyway could there?

Jenkins' comment will come as a nice surprise to him this morning in that case and totally undermine his position. Classy.

The only thing that would stop this being unbelievably (and disgustingly) shabby is if it is FG and he thought it was all being kept quiet for some reason that escapes me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 11:02 - May 7 with 1494 views3swan

Supporters Trust meeting Friday 6th May 16 London Welsh Centre on 10:53 - May 7 by monmouth

Looking at those two statements if both true, then FG can't be the new manager and hasn't been told (officially) that he isn't. That is, he can't have 'agreed terms' if 'he doesn't know what his future is'. There couldn't be any contractual reason not to announce it anyway could there?

Jenkins' comment will come as a nice surprise to him this morning in that case and totally undermine his position. Classy.

The only thing that would stop this being unbelievably (and disgustingly) shabby is if it is FG and he thought it was all being kept quiet for some reason that escapes me.

Again taking the statements as read. (Until someone else says HJ didn't say those words.)

If it was FG then there is no reason (unless contract/legal) not to announce it.

Makes more and more things happening at the club seem very underhanded
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024