Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Day Thread 00:57 - May 5 with 43342 viewsjackharris

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch2w7Z3XAAEu5o5?format=jpg&name=large
[Post edited 7 May 2016 14:39]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:35 - May 6 with 5294 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:30 - May 5 by Loyal

He has and is having quite worrying off the pitch issues.
Needs to get some serious counselling before he loses his soul.

*Allegedly

However, people do realise I take it that he has a couple of wives, huge inter family spats with many of them lining up to take his side as he has money to burn. His first wife has been arrested for causing grief at his families home and his second wife ( he is a polygamist ) is a form of relation. Rumours of domestic abuse etc ....

Not *Allegedly

Fck me Modou is like Eastenders in his own right.

Wasn't he taken to court for beating up his first wife?
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:30 - May 6 with 5242 viewsjasper_T

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:34 - May 6 by DafyddHuw

Why help Wales out? Who pays the players wages?. And if, as a consequence of Williams & Taylor being rested, at the end of the season we're a couple of positions lower in the table, do we get compensation from the FAW?

Clubs and players get paid for international callups.
[Post edited 6 May 2016 11:32]
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:36 - May 6 with 5236 viewsEdmundo

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 06:51 - May 5 by epaul

We've been absolutely dogsh*te everytime we've played there in the Prem. .......

I know......I was there last time out!

Puts me off ever going again.

Especially when Carroll's name appears on the team sheet 😡

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:43 - May 6 with 5229 viewsOxOsp

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:05 - May 5 by FieryJack

Make the most of enjoying the pubs amongst the terraced streets around West Ham, because as far as I can see the area around their new home at the Olympic Stadium is completely and boringly sterile - with zilch pubs in the vicinity.

I can see future away fans at West Ham choosing to drink in central London before going to the game.

Westfield has plenty of pubs and restaurants - not great for atmosphere though. There's also plenty around Hackney Wick, hich is a very simple walk into the stadium, but the hipsters are taking over there, so any half decent boozer will be ruined very soon.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:47 - May 6 with 5106 viewsmagicdaps10

Got to go with

NORDFELLT

RANGEL-AMAT-FERNANDEZ-NAUGHTON

BRITTON-CORK

ROUTLEDGE-KI-BARROW

AYEW

SUBS-VICKERS-KINGSLEY-RODON-FULTON-GOMIS-GORRE-EMNES.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:24 - May 6 with 5072 viewskarnataka

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:36 - May 6 by Edmundo

I know......I was there last time out!

Puts me off ever going again.

Especially when Carroll's name appears on the team sheet 😡

You think your day was bad? I was in with the home fans in block NL5 as a 'guest' of a bloke I give a lot of work to. Think I deserved better TBH! Dreadful day out.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:20 - May 6 with 4978 viewsFieryJack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:43 - May 6 by OxOsp

Westfield has plenty of pubs and restaurants - not great for atmosphere though. There's also plenty around Hackney Wick, hich is a very simple walk into the stadium, but the hipsters are taking over there, so any half decent boozer will be ruined very soon.

Sorry to hear that - sadly this poncey Hipster-land seems to have cast it's spores all over the place - they move in, the beer prices go up, and the social mix in the pubs more or less disappears.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:55 - May 6 with 4952 viewsGlyn1

Apparently we're Real Madrid (sort of) according to the West Ham manager's column in the local paper:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slaven-bilic-west-ham-vs-swansea-is-our

(When reading it, I became annoyed where he wrote "It is only Swansea." which I thought was derogatory. However, when I read it more closely he meant that he isn't thinking about their final match of the season against Man City, but is focusing only on the Swansea match. As English isn't his native language, whichever journo he was dictating his article to should have been more careful.)

A few days ago, there was also a report that West Ham were about to bid £30 million for some young player - is that the sort of mega-money that we are going to have to get used to spending at our level?
[Post edited 6 May 2016 16:58]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:51 - May 6 with 4896 viewsmonmouth

This is a real relegation 6 pointer tomorrow.

We're on 32 points, West ham on 29 with only Watford and Villa below us both.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:58 - May 6 with 4889 viewsRuDeMan1970

Looking forward to the trip but not so much the match with us apparently resting a few. Three of us driving to Reading, then train / tube to Upton Park. Hope we don't get delayed after the game as some have suggested may happen. I don't fancy ending up being Down In The Tube Station At Midnight.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 18:18 - May 6 with 4863 viewsJethroJack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:55 - May 6 by Glyn1

Apparently we're Real Madrid (sort of) according to the West Ham manager's column in the local paper:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/slaven-bilic-west-ham-vs-swansea-is-our

(When reading it, I became annoyed where he wrote "It is only Swansea." which I thought was derogatory. However, when I read it more closely he meant that he isn't thinking about their final match of the season against Man City, but is focusing only on the Swansea match. As English isn't his native language, whichever journo he was dictating his article to should have been more careful.)

A few days ago, there was also a report that West Ham were about to bid £30 million for some young player - is that the sort of mega-money that we are going to have to get used to spending at our level?
[Post edited 6 May 2016 16:58]

You're right, saying "it is only Swansea" at the end is his way of saying his focus is entirely on us & not thinking about Utd and/or City subsequently. In fact, he's very complimentary about us. Next to Klopp, I rate Bilic...both are usually very even-handed whether its win, lose or draw. None of the bollox that a lot of managers come out with.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 21:03 - May 6 with 4725 viewsSwansNZ

Hard to see anything other than a comfortable home win. 4-1

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:49 - May 6 with 4618 viewscentrestandswan

With our defensive guile probably have Leon marking Christmas Carroll at corners , no chance of an elbow in the face of Leon there then.

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 07:13 - May 7 with 4473 viewsLoyal

Up bright and breezy, quick Smirnoff at a pre arranged location with the chaps and Operation Christmas Carrol is underway.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:03 - May 7 with 4390 viewsClinton

The atmosphere at Upton Park must be worth about 10 points a year to West Ham, it can be pretty intimidating. I just wonder if they might struggle a bit at the Olympic Stadium next season, I can't see it being so intense. We do better in stadia like the Olympic Stadium, I'm thinking Emirates, OT.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:06 - May 7 with 3976 viewsLoyal

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:03 - May 7 by Clinton

The atmosphere at Upton Park must be worth about 10 points a year to West Ham, it can be pretty intimidating. I just wonder if they might struggle a bit at the Olympic Stadium next season, I can't see it being so intense. We do better in stadia like the Olympic Stadium, I'm thinking Emirates, OT.

I love a trip to West Ham, we nearly always get up there for this one, a good opportunity to meet up with the rejects etc ... Share some beers and old times. Proper fans are West Ham, horrible and nice all at the same time.

Old school location, pubs everywhere, that old vetch field feeling that the tension could break at any moment, yup, Upton Park is special.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:09 - May 7 with 3973 viewsmonmouth

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:03 - May 7 by Clinton

Are they still being made to keep the running track? If so they will have no atmosphere at all.

I'm amazed there isn't more outcry. It is a disgraceful deal for the taxpayers. The backhanders must be phenomenal.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:04 - May 7 with 3866 viewsairedale

I wonder what they will call the stands? Will there be a Trevor Brooking stand for example.

They could have a Gold Star stand.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:10 - May 7 with 3859 viewsOldjack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:04 - May 7 by airedale

I wonder what they will call the stands? Will there be a Trevor Brooking stand for example.

They could have a Gold Star stand.

With some key players missing and them aiming for a top 4 finish ,this has a very good chance of ending really badly

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:35 - May 7 with 3829 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:06 - May 7 by Loyal

I love a trip to West Ham, we nearly always get up there for this one, a good opportunity to meet up with the rejects etc ... Share some beers and old times. Proper fans are West Ham, horrible and nice all at the same time.

Old school location, pubs everywhere, that old vetch field feeling that the tension could break at any moment, yup, Upton Park is special.

You mean the Boleyn Ground. Never been Upton Park.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:09 - May 7 with 3792 viewsjackharris

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:09 - May 7 by monmouth

Are they still being made to keep the running track? If so they will have no atmosphere at all.

I'm amazed there isn't more outcry. It is a disgraceful deal for the taxpayers. The backhanders must be phenomenal.

Yes the running track stays, however, when there is football retractable seats in the lower tier cover it! The roof has also been expanded to cover the retractable seats and have really impressive triangular floodlights! Some views from the upper tier will be quite distant and the front rows of the lower tier will not be the best. But the stadium will definitely be atmospheric!

[Post edited 7 May 2016 12:35]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Day Thread on 12:13 - May 7 with 3781 viewsDafyddHuw

How do you know the stadium will be atmospheric?
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Day Thread on 12:18 - May 7 with 3771 viewsjackharris

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Day Thread on 12:13 - May 7 by DafyddHuw

How do you know the stadium will be atmospheric?

From watching a floodlit rugby World Cup match there!

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:20 - May 7 with 3766 viewsLoyal

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:35 - May 7 by DafyddHuw

Ask any hammer what they call it and you will be told squarly Upton Park.
I'm with three now.

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 12:21 - May 7 with 3765 viewsjackharris

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:35 - May 7 by DafyddHuw

True West Ham fans call it the Boleyn Ground but the Ground has always been known as Upton Park. Both names are correct! This topic was discussed on a radio show a few weeks back! No proper West Ham fan will correct anyone for calling it Upton Park. Even though they call it the Boleyn Ground!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024