Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Day Thread 00:57 - May 5 with 43260 viewsjackharris

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ch2w7Z3XAAEu5o5?format=jpg&name=large
[Post edited 7 May 2016 14:39]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 00:58 - May 5 with 12849 viewsjackharris

Away fans are housed in one end, in the lower tier of the Sir Trevor Brooking Stand. It has been reported that there will around 2,200 Jacks at the match. With the allocation selling out! Situated in the 2 navy blocks and the 2 red blocks, as shown in the plan below! The away section is also shown by the red rectangle, in the photo below the ground plan.

The ground is compact, with the fans are seated close to the pitch. This coupled with the passionate support of the West Ham faithful can make for a vibrant atmosphere. However, this can be intimidating for away supporters, so exercise caution around the ground. From the ground to Upton Park Tube Station after the match there will be a huge number of police placed along Green Street to ensure there is no trouble.

If you find yourself seated on the far left of the away section (towards the East Stand) then as the pitch is situated towards the West Stand, you may experience some sight difficulties of the action going on, in and around the corner on the other side.

Inside the ground the stewards were fine, however the concourse is somewhat cramped, which leads to somewhat of a scrum at half time. There are flat screen tv's on the concourse to keep fans entertained. Food on offer includes a range of Peter's Pies; Chicken Curry, Steak, Meat and Potato, Cheese and Onion Pastie and large Sausage Rolls (all £3.30). Burgers and Herta Hot Dogs are also available (£3.80).

There are loads of food outlets and shops on the walk from Upton Park Tube Station to the ground.

This Burger outlet below can be found by the Sir Bobby Moore Stand, it was once a programme selling outlet!

Alcohol is also served but is rather pricey and no draught is available, so it is either cans or plastic bottles; Carlsberg £4 (500ml bottle), Tetley's Bitter £4 (440ml can), Magners Cider £4.20 (330ml bottle), Guinness £4.20 (520ml can) and Red or White wine (187ml) £4.
Public Houses

Probably the best option for away fans is the Wetherspoon outlet called Millers Well which is opposite East Ham Town Hall. It is though about a twenty minute walk away along Barking Road (although it may be an idea to travel to East Ham tube station before the game, go to the pub and then walk on to the ground). Be aware this Wetherspoons is not as big as most, and can get very busy!

The Denmark Arms is another option and offers more space. It is a two minute walk from the Millers and roughly a 10minute walk from the ground.

Next to Upton Park Underground Station is the Queens (Green Street) as you come out of the station turn right and the pub is down on the right. I went there in 1999 when we played West Ham in the FA Cup. We took over most of the pub because there were 3,800 of us and lot of us had got their early. I would express caution in using this pub. Most of the other pubs around the ground are very partisan, and are for home supporters only. The Boleyn Pub on the corner near to the ground, plus the Greengate, Wine Bar and Village pubs all on Barking Road should all be given a wide berth by away fans. 
[Post edited 5 May 2016 19:23]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 06:47 - May 5 with 12799 viewsEdmundo

We never have any joy here and a team minus Williams/Taylor.....well, not sure how they'll cope 😉

Standby for an aerial bombardment..... a resounding beating!

I'll take a nil nil draw anytime👍

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 06:51 - May 5 with 12794 viewsepaul

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 06:47 - May 5 by Edmundo

We never have any joy here and a team minus Williams/Taylor.....well, not sure how they'll cope 😉

Standby for an aerial bombardment..... a resounding beating!

I'll take a nil nil draw anytime👍

We've been absolutely dogsh*te everytime we've played there in the Prem. .......

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 07:59 - May 5 with 12758 viewsmonmouth

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 06:51 - May 5 by epaul

We've been absolutely dogsh*te everytime we've played there in the Prem. .......

And that's when we weren't safe. We will stroll around and lose by 2 clear goals. 3-1 or 4-2.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 08:40 - May 5 with 12715 viewsPegojack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 07:59 - May 5 by monmouth

And that's when we weren't safe. We will stroll around and lose by 2 clear goals. 3-1 or 4-2.

I find it hard to disagree, but I'm going, so I hope we'll put in a decent performance for once.

On a more important note, I'll be drinking pre match at the Wentworth Arms in Eric Street, just around the corner from Mile End tube station and a safe watering hole for away fans.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:32 - May 5 with 12687 viewsjasper_T

Nordfeldt
Naughton-Fede-Amat-Kingsley
Cork-Ki
Barrow-Ayew-Montero
Paloschi

Subs: Rodon, Lewis, Fulton, King, James, Gorre, Britton
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:40 - May 5 with 12673 viewsdameedna

Not a bad shout I'd have fulton on the fiels for Ki to add some steel
Id like to see cork and Fulton play together
Trying ayew for siggy is fine as siggy does not link as well as he should with ayew
Paloschi and Ayew through the middle and speed on both wings
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:45 - May 5 with 12662 viewsmonmouth

I've heard some rumours about Barrow not being the most grounded and sensible lad at the club, indeed called a 'problem'. Normally it's a load of bull but with him not getting a look in I'm starting to wonder.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:30 - May 5 with 12631 viewsLoyal

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 09:45 - May 5 by monmouth

I've heard some rumours about Barrow not being the most grounded and sensible lad at the club, indeed called a 'problem'. Normally it's a load of bull but with him not getting a look in I'm starting to wonder.

He has and is having quite worrying off the pitch issues.
Needs to get some serious counselling before he loses his soul.

*Allegedly

However, people do realise I take it that he has a couple of wives, huge inter family spats with many of them lining up to take his side as he has money to burn. His first wife has been arrested for causing grief at his families home and his second wife ( he is a polygamist ) is a form of relation. Rumours of domestic abuse etc ....

Not *Allegedly

Fck me Modou is like Eastenders in his own right.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:16 - May 5 with 12584 viewsPegojack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:30 - May 5 by Loyal

He has and is having quite worrying off the pitch issues.
Needs to get some serious counselling before he loses his soul.

*Allegedly

However, people do realise I take it that he has a couple of wives, huge inter family spats with many of them lining up to take his side as he has money to burn. His first wife has been arrested for causing grief at his families home and his second wife ( he is a polygamist ) is a form of relation. Rumours of domestic abuse etc ....

Not *Allegedly

Fck me Modou is like Eastenders in his own right.

If he gets a divorce from his second wife, will they still legally be brother and sister?

Just asking like.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:19 - May 5 with 12575 viewsLoyal

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:16 - May 5 by Pegojack

If he gets a divorce from his second wife, will they still legally be brother and sister?

Just asking like.

In my video collection it matters not !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:22 - May 5 with 12571 viewsBigPhilG

I agree with helping Wales out and not playing Ash and Taylor but sod any other country. Respect the travelling fans and put out a strong line up. West Ham away is not the place to blood a lot of kids. I'd go with

Nordfelt
Naughton Amat Fernandez Kingsley
Barrow Cork Fer Siggy Montero
Ayew

Give Leon and Rangel a spell they deserve and need it as does Fabianski

Put the likes of Fulton on the bench and see how it goes same applies to Gorre too
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 13:53 - May 5 with 12395 viewsbuilthjack

Great matchthread again Mr Harris.

We also have NL3 in our allocation.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:16 - May 5 with 12365 viewsHighjack

Usually Andy Carroll makes a miraculous recovery from being injured to put eight goals past us before becoming injured again. But now he's been fit for at least two weeks so he'll probably put twelve past us. The way we've been defending set pieces he'll have a field day and the ref will probably turn a blind eye to him elbowing everyone in the face for fun as usual.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:14 - May 5 with 12324 viewsFieryJack

For all those new to Upton Park, be aware that the away end is south-facing, and since it's set to be a fine Spring afternoon, we're going to get blasted in the eyes by blaring sunshine, and I would strongly advise you to arrive with sunglasses and or baseball caps!
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:22 - May 5 with 12313 viewsJBT95

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:14 - May 5 by FieryJack

For all those new to Upton Park, be aware that the away end is south-facing, and since it's set to be a fine Spring afternoon, we're going to get blasted in the eyes by blaring sunshine, and I would strongly advise you to arrive with sunglasses and or baseball caps!

Thank you, I had planned on anyway but that's just made sure of it!
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:24 - May 5 with 12307 viewsJohnw102

Would be over the moon with a point, but last away match of the season, whatever happens lets be loud and proud and enjoy a day out. No driving for me so a few pints and I am going to enjoy myself whatever happens. Got to be a better atmosphere than it was at Palace final game last season what a sh**hole of a ground that is .COYS

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 16:00 - May 5 with 12267 viewsmacthejack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:23 - May 5 with 12168 viewsWxmJax

We've got STBL4 as well, looks like they've just made 1&2 smaller.
[Post edited 5 May 2016 18:17]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:24 - May 5 with 12167 viewsOldjack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 14:16 - May 5 by Highjack

Usually Andy Carroll makes a miraculous recovery from being injured to put eight goals past us before becoming injured again. But now he's been fit for at least two weeks so he'll probably put twelve past us. The way we've been defending set pieces he'll have a field day and the ref will probably turn a blind eye to him elbowing everyone in the face for fun as usual.

love him or hate him ,he's a bloody handful for any defense ,i hope he don't play

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 17:28 - May 5 with 12163 viewsmonmouth

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 15:24 - May 5 by Johnw102

Would be over the moon with a point, but last away match of the season, whatever happens lets be loud and proud and enjoy a day out. No driving for me so a few pints and I am going to enjoy myself whatever happens. Got to be a better atmosphere than it was at Palace final game last season what a sh**hole of a ground that is .COYS

At that game I made up my mind never to watch us away when we are safe again. £150 quid, plus getting off the train at west norwood by mistake and having to walk about 50 miles to the croydon shithole to find all the pubs full and no-entry, and then they couldn't even be arsed to break a sweat or have an attempt on goal. F**kers.

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:19 - May 5 with 12026 viewsGlyn1

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 08:40 - May 5 by Pegojack

I find it hard to disagree, but I'm going, so I hope we'll put in a decent performance for once.

On a more important note, I'll be drinking pre match at the Wentworth Arms in Eric Street, just around the corner from Mile End tube station and a safe watering hole for away fans.

Wentworth Arms, Eric Street - ta for that.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 22:05 - May 5 with 11866 viewsFieryJack

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 19:19 - May 5 by Glyn1

Wentworth Arms, Eric Street - ta for that.

Make the most of enjoying the pubs amongst the terraced streets around West Ham, because as far as I can see the area around their new home at the Olympic Stadium is completely and boringly sterile - with zilch pubs in the vicinity.

I can see future away fans at West Ham choosing to drink in central London before going to the game.
The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 23:46 - May 5 with 11758 viewsbuilthjack

8 hours until take off

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 10:34 - May 6 with 11533 viewsDafyddHuw

The Official West Ham United Vs Swansea City FC Match Thread on 11:22 - May 5 by BigPhilG

I agree with helping Wales out and not playing Ash and Taylor but sod any other country. Respect the travelling fans and put out a strong line up. West Ham away is not the place to blood a lot of kids. I'd go with

Nordfelt
Naughton Amat Fernandez Kingsley
Barrow Cork Fer Siggy Montero
Ayew

Give Leon and Rangel a spell they deserve and need it as does Fabianski

Put the likes of Fulton on the bench and see how it goes same applies to Gorre too

Why help Wales out? Who pays the players wages?. And if, as a consequence of Williams & Taylor being rested, at the end of the season we're a couple of positions lower in the table, do we get compensation from the FAW?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024