Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales Euro Thread info ETC 09:21 - May 5 with 3386 viewsowainglyndwr

Wales V England fans without tickets wil not be aloud in to the city, also coaches and large groups to be stopped and searched.
Please feel free to add.
Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 20:40 - May 5 with 991 viewsraynor94

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 20:16 - May 5 by Chief

Is there an echo in here?

"If you don't have a ticket, they don't want you there"

I'm sure 'they' would prefer if all the games were played behind closed doors and no fans at all travelled, but that's just not on the cards now is it

Well listen to Corky on the 10 30 Welsh news, he's telling fans without tickets don't bother travelling to Lens

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 20:51 - May 5 with 975 viewsChief

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 20:40 - May 5 by raynor94

Well listen to Corky on the 10 30 Welsh news, he's telling fans without tickets don't bother travelling to Lens

Why does Jack Cork have an opinion on this?

If the city cant cope with the game, they should never have put themselves forward for it.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 21:06 - May 5 with 949 viewsLoyal

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 20:40 - May 5 by raynor94

If that's that old Cardiff hooligan, Fck him.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 15:43 - May 6 with 830 viewsPapaLazarou

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 20:51 - May 5 by Chief

Why does Jack Cork have an opinion on this?

If the city cant cope with the game, they should never have put themselves forward for it.

Exactly this. I'm hoping for scenes reminiscent of Swansea fans taking over Kidderminster on Boxing Day 2004, but obviously on a much larger scale...
Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 15:49 - May 6 with 822 viewsMagicDaps

I'm not sure the authorities would have the power to stop Welsh fans and English fans travelling without tickets, there's going to be a huge amount of fans going to France without tickets. This is only up the road from us, it's Wales first tournament finals since '58 and will be the last major tournament to be held in just one country. There's plenty of reason to go, outside of getting in the stadiums. They have fan zones built in for this very purpose.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 15:53 - May 6 with 819 viewsairedale

When I saw the place on the telly, the first thing I thought was that it is too small a place for an England v Wales match. Just like it would be for say England v Germany. And if I was a local I wouldn't be very happy about it either. They had the mayor on, and he looked confident, and I thought 'just you wait mate'. He won't be looking so smug then.
Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 15:56 - May 6 with 819 viewsOxOsp

Friend of ours used to be a Director of RC Lens. Went many times. The place is tiny and as dull as anything. You really wouldn't want to be there if you haven't got a ticket, and I can't see how anyone will get to see the game, bar the 10,000 in the fan zone.

Personal recommendation is to head to Lille - it's a very short train journey and a much better place to enjoy the day. There will be a larger fan zone too, I guess.
Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 16:33 - May 6 with 796 viewskarnataka

"If you don't have a ticket, they don't want you there" makes sense but that is not the same as what the OP said which was that those without tickets will not be allowed (he actually said aloud) into the city which, as many have said, is unenforceable and probably illegal.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 16:37 - May 6 with 790 viewsOxOsp

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 16:33 - May 6 by karnataka

"If you don't have a ticket, they don't want you there" makes sense but that is not the same as what the OP said which was that those without tickets will not be allowed (he actually said aloud) into the city which, as many have said, is unenforceable and probably illegal.

During the miners' strike, my Dad was working for Midland Bank, and commuted most days from South Manchester to his office in Sheffield. He kept getting turned back at road blocks on the edge of the city as they refused to believe that a bloke with a South Wales accent was anything other than a flying picket. Had to get a letter from the bank in the end to be allowed in!

Mind you, that's South Yorkshire Police, again.
Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 19:16 - May 6 with 749 viewsowainglyndwr

Wales Euro Thread info ETC on 21:06 - May 5 by Loyal

If that's that old Cardiff hooligan, Fck him.

Talking about Cardiff hooligan they seem to be taken large gangs of boys out there.
When we are taken mostly families
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024