Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour 07:21 - May 6 with 4095 viewsbuilthjack

A lot more popular than we think. It shows what people think of the Tory's I guess.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour on 07:35 - May 6 with 1734 viewsacejack3065

Pretty good night tbh. The Tories wer able to make the same gains they made last year. Maybe people were more anti Miliband than anti Corbyn? Time will tell.

Still, result of the decade goes to Leanne Wood who has stunned us all in Rhondda with that massive swing. Well done Leanne.
Labour on 07:39 - May 6 with 1728 viewsEdmundo

I think it means Welsh voters just can't see past the appalling Carwyn Jones and his party's ignorance of the need for a progressive Wales.

Oh well.....here we go then, more of the same ....Cardiff/SE centric attention! 😢

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Labour on 07:44 - May 6 with 1715 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Labour on 07:39 - May 6 by Edmundo

I think it means Welsh voters just can't see past the appalling Carwyn Jones and his party's ignorance of the need for a progressive Wales.

Oh well.....here we go then, more of the same ....Cardiff/SE centric attention! 😢

Expect them to annexe the Guildhall, seafront and Gower.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Labour on 07:47 - May 6 with 1710 viewsDDCH

Shocked to see the percentage for Labour v other parties in Swansea, after shitting on the city and building up Cardiff. It seems that stockholm syndrome has taken hold

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Labour on 07:47 - May 6 with 1708 viewsDr_Winston

Such a good night for Labour people are already scrambling to voice their support for Corbyn.

Up against a supposedly unpopular government they should be doing a hell of a lot better than they are.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour on 07:50 - May 6 with 1700 viewsraynor94

Shows you can't educate pork in this country, especially Swansea!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour on 07:55 - May 6 with 1691 viewsbuilthjack

Labour on 07:47 - May 6 by Dr_Winston

Such a good night for Labour people are already scrambling to voice their support for Corbyn.

Up against a supposedly unpopular government they should be doing a hell of a lot better than they are.

From day one, the tories and the media have been blackening his name, having a dig at every opportunity. Yet he seems to be doing exceptionally well. Possibly because the tories are once again ruining the country, and people have now seen through Cameron and his gang.
If Labour had a younger, vibrant leader they would get in next time by a country mile.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Labour on 07:58 - May 6 with 1677 viewsDr_Winston

Labour on 07:55 - May 6 by builthjack

From day one, the tories and the media have been blackening his name, having a dig at every opportunity. Yet he seems to be doing exceptionally well. Possibly because the tories are once again ruining the country, and people have now seen through Cameron and his gang.
If Labour had a younger, vibrant leader they would get in next time by a country mile.

Last weekend he thought it was a good idea to pose in front of a portrait of a man responsible for the deaths of millions of his own countrymen. He doesn't need the media's help to blacken his name.

Jezza might whip up support from the far left nutters. The rest of the electorate will run a mile, no matter what the Tories do in comparison. That is Labour's problem, and that is the countries problem too. An unelectable opposition does nobody any good.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Labour on 09:01 - May 6 with 1597 viewsymaohyd

Labour on 07:47 - May 6 by DDCH

Shocked to see the percentage for Labour v other parties in Swansea, after shitting on the city and building up Cardiff. It seems that stockholm syndrome has taken hold

Brilliant post.

Delighted for Leanne Wood and for anyone who supported for Plaid, proud of you all.

For those who voted Labour....What the fu ck! Why, why, why???!!!!

I just dont get it, are you utterly devoid of creative thinking?

Vote Labour, absolutely if, Plaid, the Tories, whoever had let you down decade after decade, particularly our part of Wales.

Why not give Plaid a go, see if they can make a difference, if they dont then go back to Labour...but FFS!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Labour on 09:05 - May 6 with 1584 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour on 09:01 - May 6 by ymaohyd

Brilliant post.

Delighted for Leanne Wood and for anyone who supported for Plaid, proud of you all.

Vote Labour, absolutely if, Plaid, the Tories, whoever had let you down decade after decade, particularly our part of Wales.

Why not give Plaid a go, see if they can make a difference, if they dont then go back to Labour...but FFS!

Sad to see Peter black gone .

Who had his seat ?

It's become a comedy show with Neil Hamilton ,incredible .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour on 09:35 - May 6 with 1532 viewsnice_to_michu

Labour on 09:01 - May 6 by ymaohyd

Brilliant post.

This reasoning is so tiresome.

Nobody on this site can name a specific policy of Plaid's that is clearly better than Labour's. The main thing they disagree on is the M4 relief road, Labour want it, Plaid don't. But what nobody seems to understand is that the M4 relief road is going to go ahead anyway, whether it's the Welsh Government or British Government overseeing it, it's going to happen.

So exactly what would a Plaid government do that's so much better for Swansea? They didn't name any projects or development for Swansea or other areas outside the south east.
Labour on 09:39 - May 6 with 1529 viewsscottishjack

I got home from work around 1 a.m. and switched on the news for a bit, the BBC were all but celebrating apocalypse for Labour... Got up this morning and it turns out that Labour haven't done too badly at all.

I'm not a labour supporter in any way, but what the hell is going on at the BBC? They are still dressing this up as some sort of great night for the Conservatives when the results tell a different story. As I see it, UKIP have done very well (but I think that's skewed by the referendum coming up?)

Am I missing something?
Labour on 09:53 - May 6 with 1501 viewsdickythorpe

Back to the farm now for "RT" Davies, Cameron was not keen on him at all and Welsh Cons not happy with Cameron banging on about staying in EU when "RT" wants out.

Well done Leanne though.
Labour on 09:56 - May 6 with 1493 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Labour on 09:39 - May 6 by scottishjack

I got home from work around 1 a.m. and switched on the news for a bit, the BBC were all but celebrating apocalypse for Labour... Got up this morning and it turns out that Labour haven't done too badly at all.

I'm not a labour supporter in any way, but what the hell is going on at the BBC? They are still dressing this up as some sort of great night for the Conservatives when the results tell a different story. As I see it, UKIP have done very well (but I think that's skewed by the referendum coming up?)

Am I missing something?

It's quite incredible and blatantly obvious the hatred of Jeremy Corbyn on the BBC ,they are it bothered about any thing else at all .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Labour on 09:58 - May 6 with 1489 viewsblueytheblue

Labour on 09:39 - May 6 by scottishjack

Am I missing something?

Labour have done incredibly badly despite the spin.

You've a mid term unpopular government with a PM who will be stepping down, could well be destabilised over the EU referendum...

Destroyed in Scotland, no gains overall.

It is a great night for the Tories, in their current state a competent Labour leader would have made significant gains.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Labour on 09:59 - May 6 with 1484 viewsdickythorpe

Donald Anderson win Swansea East again?
[Post edited 6 May 2016 10:00]
Labour on 10:03 - May 6 with 1475 viewsraynor94

Labour on 09:35 - May 6 by nice_to_michu

This reasoning is so tiresome.

Nobody on this site can name a specific policy of Plaid's that is clearly better than Labour's. The main thing they disagree on is the M4 relief road, Labour want it, Plaid don't. But what nobody seems to understand is that the M4 relief road is going to go ahead anyway, whether it's the Welsh Government or British Government overseeing it, it's going to happen.

So exactly what would a Plaid government do that's so much better for Swansea? They didn't name any projects or development for Swansea or other areas outside the south east.

Yet, Labour put the Swansea metro system into their leaflets as part of their City scheme, I won't hold my breath waiting for that to start, hard to believe Swansea people are so gullible

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Labour on 10:13 - May 6 with 1466 viewsscottishjack

Labour on 09:58 - May 6 by blueytheblue

Labour have done incredibly badly despite the spin.

You've a mid term unpopular government with a PM who will be stepping down, could well be destabilised over the EU referendum...

Destroyed in Scotland, no gains overall.

It is a great night for the Tories, in their current state a competent Labour leader would have made significant gains.

I see it slightly differently with Labour, where last year they were dropping like a stone, now there are signs of recovery.

Agree that the Conservatives have done very well in Scotland, it's going to be interesting how that develops, again I find myself admiring the way the SNP go about their business, they are actually very good when they drop the independence nonsense.

Its the way the news channels are reporting this as some sort of Labour disaster and I'm not seeing it that way. I've switched to Sky news and the coverage is even worse!?!

Propaganda?
Labour on 10:20 - May 6 with 1454 viewsblueytheblue

Labour on 10:13 - May 6 by scottishjack

I see it slightly differently with Labour, where last year they were dropping like a stone, now there are signs of recovery.

Agree that the Conservatives have done very well in Scotland, it's going to be interesting how that develops, again I find myself admiring the way the SNP go about their business, they are actually very good when they drop the independence nonsense.

Its the way the news channels are reporting this as some sort of Labour disaster and I'm not seeing it that way. I've switched to Sky news and the coverage is even worse!?!

Propaganda?

Last year the Tories seemed on course and stable.

Considering everything this year - BMA spat, division on EU - it doesn't even need Corbyn to be good, just competent to be able to make significant gains which is what Labour need.

Corbyn and Labour were the ones proclaiming how they'd engaged and revitalised the party with so many new members along with Momentum. They've not convinced the public they are credible.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Labour on 10:27 - May 6 with 1439 viewsnice_to_michu

Labour on 10:20 - May 6 by blueytheblue

Last year the Tories seemed on course and stable.

Considering everything this year - BMA spat, division on EU - it doesn't even need Corbyn to be good, just competent to be able to make significant gains which is what Labour need.

Corbyn and Labour were the ones proclaiming how they'd engaged and revitalised the party with so many new members along with Momentum. They've not convinced the public they are credible.

I agree that Corbyn hasn't had the effect that many thought he would back when he was first elected.

I also agree that this was a tough election for the Conservative Party given the bad news stories they've had in the past six weeks.

But I don't agree that it was inevitable, as a "mid-term" government party, to do as poorly as they did. The general election was only twelve months ago.
Labour on 11:11 - May 6 with 1384 viewsexiledclaseboy

These results are too complex to claim one party had a great night.

Labour had an excellent night in Wales, a disaster in Scotland and did fairly well in England given that they were defending the 2012 position when they did very well. Certainly not the Corbyn led disaster many predicted and are still trying to paint it as. It's not an unpopular mid term Tory government either. It's only a year old and has been consistently ahead in the polls.

Tories did OK and very very well to get second in Scotland. They'll be disappointed with the Wales results though.

Leanne Wood got the result of the night in Wales but Plaid will be dismayed at their overall lack of progress.

The sNP will be disappointed to lose their majority but it's stil a triumph for them.

Kudos to a proper voting system for finally allowing UKIP to get the representation their vote warrants.

The LibDems are now a total irrelevance across the UK, sadly.

Poll: Tory leader

Labour on 11:29 - May 6 with 1355 viewspikeypaul

Labour on 10:13 - May 6 by scottishjack

Propaganda?

No recovery at all,they have just found the level were the donkey vote will keep them from dropping below.Their total vote is gradually dropping as the sheep die out.
The Scots have kicked Labour in to touch just a shame the Welsh are so blind,you ask the average pensioner in Neath why they vote Labour and they would not be able to tell you apart from "I always have" or " my father always did".Its a sad state of affairs .UKIP support is only going to get stronger in the next decades that's for sure with today's youngsters more inclined to vote the older they get.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Labour on 11:36 - May 6 with 1341 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I'm struggling to see how Labour have had an excellent result in Wales.

Their percentage share of the vote has dropped 7.6% in the constituency vote and 5.4% in the regional vote.They'll now need the support of a Plaid vote or two and all this when the main issue during the campaign has been the demise of the steel industry and we have a divided Tory party in Westminster.

If that's an excellent night I wonder what a bad night would have looked like.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Labour on 11:48 - May 6 with 1322 viewsnice_to_michu

Labour on 11:29 - May 6 by pikeypaul

No recovery at all,they have just found the level were the donkey vote will keep them from dropping below.Their total vote is gradually dropping as the sheep die out.
The Scots have kicked Labour in to touch just a shame the Welsh are so blind,you ask the average pensioner in Neath why they vote Labour and they would not be able to tell you apart from "I always have" or " my father always did".Its a sad state of affairs .UKIP support is only going to get stronger in the next decades that's for sure with today's youngsters more inclined to vote the older they get.

First it's donkey, then it's a sheep. You gotta keep your insults consistent, at least the same species.

Your comment above appears to fall at the first hurdle again since Labour has attracted huge amounts of under 30s in the past year, far greater than any other political party proportionally.
Labour on 11:55 - May 6 with 1308 viewsnice_to_michu

Labour on 11:36 - May 6 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm struggling to see how Labour have had an excellent result in Wales.

Their percentage share of the vote has dropped 7.6% in the constituency vote and 5.4% in the regional vote.They'll now need the support of a Plaid vote or two and all this when the main issue during the campaign has been the demise of the steel industry and we have a divided Tory party in Westminster.

If that's an excellent night I wonder what a bad night would have looked like.

UKIP gained 12.5% of the vote, and results in the general election last year showed that in Wales Labour lost more to UKIP than the Conservatives did.

So, 12.5% for UKIP in an election a few weeks before the EU referendum, when you think about it that way it's not that hard to understand why it was always going to be a stretch for Labour to retain the same share of the vote anyway. I mean, people didn't vote for UKIP at the assembly level because of their great candidates or great ideas (UKIP and great ideas is an oxymoron of sorts), it was an "anti-EU" for the most part.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024