Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Ayew 16:49 - May 6 with 6070 viewsDarran

http://m.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-s-Andre-Ayew-keen-play-Champi

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Goodbye Ayew on 22:06 - May 6 with 1307 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ayew on 20:15 - May 6 by Tummer_from_Texas

Plus, I'd argue that he's done a lot besides just scoring goals.

Besides the hustle he's shown to earn penalties (at Everton when he forced one out of Howard is a great example), only two other players in the whole league have been fouled more than Ayew (Zaha and Mahrez).

73 fouls suffered this season - Cork is a very distant 2nd with 42.

He is an absolute enigma. He does everything you say he does and more. He is a thorn in any defence. He unbalances the team from the wing massively though. Without meaning any disrespect, you would have to watch games live to appreciate how much of an issue it is. TV just doesn't show it as it follows the ball and only covers a section of the pitch at a time.

On balance, I'd much rather keep him, because he is a goalscorer, he is a gamechanger and he has that bit of niggle and fight about him that defenders hate. I think having a player that chases lost causes as much as he does inspires his colleagues as well. If he wants to go though and we get a decent bid for him, we will be waving goodbye to a lot of deficiencies we accept because he is a goalscoring talisman.
Goodbye Ayew on 22:11 - May 6 with 1288 viewsmonmouth

Goodbye Ayew on 22:06 - May 6 by jack247

He is an absolute enigma. He does everything you say he does and more. He is a thorn in any defence. He unbalances the team from the wing massively though. Without meaning any disrespect, you would have to watch games live to appreciate how much of an issue it is. TV just doesn't show it as it follows the ball and only covers a section of the pitch at a time.

On balance, I'd much rather keep him, because he is a goalscorer, he is a gamechanger and he has that bit of niggle and fight about him that defenders hate. I think having a player that chases lost causes as much as he does inspires his colleagues as well. If he wants to go though and we get a decent bid for him, we will be waving goodbye to a lot of deficiencies we accept because he is a goalscoring talisman.

We either need to replace him with someone that suits whatever we intend to do better, or to build a team around him that supports whatever it is he does.

Happy to take all the pelters, and I'm grateful for the goals, but I won't be weeping a single tear when the door shuts behind him, as long as we get a decent deal to buy a better fit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Goodbye Ayew on 22:14 - May 6 with 1278 viewsveng9

Goodbye Ayew on 21:36 - May 6 by Jango

I find it bizarre the amount of people that get on Ayews back yet will defend the likes of Taylor and routledge to the hilt! The reason we struggle with ayew on the wing is because our fullbacks are dreadful. Liverpool tore Villarreal apart last night with no wingers, Barcelona never play them. It's not ayew that's the problem. He's saved us this year along with 1 or 2 others.

I agree. He isn't a Montero who will be able to create out wide without much help from the fullback. Because of our fullback situation when he does play as a winger he either moves into the middle and we basically lose anything that will happen down the right side or when he does go out wide he and Rangel aren't good enough to do much. Despite this he's scored 10 goals and contributed to four goals through either winning the penalty or an assist. I'd prefer us to have a team next year where we can get the best out of Ayew than a team without him.
Goodbye Ayew on 22:18 - May 6 with 1251 viewspikeypaul

Hes got great attitude and is always trying to encourage his team mates.

Scores and creates goals,If he does go we will be lucky to replace him with
anyone near as good.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Goodbye Ayew on 22:20 - May 6 with 1250 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ayew on 22:11 - May 6 by monmouth

We either need to replace him with someone that suits whatever we intend to do better, or to build a team around him that supports whatever it is he does.

Happy to take all the pelters, and I'm grateful for the goals, but I won't be weeping a single tear when the door shuts behind him, as long as we get a decent deal to buy a better fit.

I think what he brings to the team more than compensates for his faults. I honestly don't think him and Siggy are that compatible though. Of the two I'd rather keep Siggy and spend Ayews money on a striker. If we get a stupid bid for Siggy though, I'd be all for moving Ayew into a role with more freedom and building the team around him.
Goodbye Ayew on 22:25 - May 6 with 1239 viewsmonmouth

Goodbye Ayew on 22:20 - May 6 by jack247

I think what he brings to the team more than compensates for his faults. I honestly don't think him and Siggy are that compatible though. Of the two I'd rather keep Siggy and spend Ayews money on a striker. If we get a stupid bid for Siggy though, I'd be all for moving Ayew into a role with more freedom and building the team around him.

Aye, losing Sigurdsson would change things. To me, we build our plan around the strengths of one or t'other next year. If we have neither it's a whole new ballgame.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Goodbye Ayew on 22:31 - May 6 with 1227 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ayew on 22:25 - May 6 by monmouth

Aye, losing Sigurdsson would change things. To me, we build our plan around the strengths of one or t'other next year. If we have neither it's a whole new ballgame.

Agree totally. One of them has to be the main man. To me, it's probably Gylfi. I would sacrifice Ayew if we could get a Bony type in for the money. Not saying I think it's going to happen, but if the Dortmund rumours became something more concrete, I'd then build the team around Ayew.
Goodbye Ayew on 22:39 - May 6 with 1213 viewsPhaedrus

Bye then. Take that wincing French twange with you please. M'Kay.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Login to get fewer ads

Goodbye Ayew on 23:02 - May 6 with 1178 viewshobo

Would fit in well at Man Utd or Arsenal I think. Sell for £22m, bring Wilf back for £20m. Everyone happy
Goodbye Ayew on 23:40 - May 6 with 1135 viewscaerleon_jack

I'm another who won't be sorry to see him go providing we get a fair deal. I'm still trying to work out what his position actually is, because I know people are saying he's more suited to a no.10 roll, but apart from his ability to arrive late into the box for a header, I don't see him being suited to it. His control is often suspect, he's not overly creative like Gylfi, and he appears to have next to no pace. He's no winger or striker either. He's scored goals and done well at times, but for the fan-fare he received at the start of the season, I don't think he's lived up to anyone's expectations.

Like others I feel we need some major changes over the summer, but I think our most important piece of business will be trying to convince Wilf to come back. He's going to be sold by City and luckily (for us) I think West Ham's on-field success this season will mean that they will be looking for a striker who has shown they can cut it at a higher level (saw mention earlier that they are in talks with Lacazette). I think we'll see competition from Stoke and Everton (if Lukaku goes), but we should be going all out to get him back down here. He and Gylfi had a great understanding and we can overlook some of.our other deficiencies if we can get back to being a danger in attack. Plus his defending from corners was immense.
[Post edited 6 May 2016 23:41]

Insert something witty here

Goodbye Ayew on 00:02 - May 7 with 1116 viewsDavillin

It's déjà vu all over. Read the above thread again and you'll see Shelvey in another disguise.

Main concern is not Swansea, but international football.

Ill-disciplined -- rarely where he belongs, can be anywhere on the pitch. [I admit he was better against Liverpool, but the exception proves the rule[.

One good [or lucky] play offset with a half-dozen poor ones.

Inconsistent at best, but excused for it.

Has a clearly exaggerated opinion of himself.

Flatters to deceive.

Posters who see only the infrequent demonstration of being a "game changer" [without evidence] as overbalancing the fact that he does not fit.

He does not fit.

To his credit, he's not a pointer.

p.s. CarleonJack, his first paragraph above, seems to have it about right.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Goodbye Ayew on 00:20 - May 7 with 1093 viewsLoyal

Ayew ?
Champions League ?
Deluded.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Goodbye Ayew on 00:25 - May 7 with 1092 viewsDavillin

Goodbye Ayew on 00:20 - May 7 by Loyal

Ayew ?
Champions League ?
Deluded.

Oops! Add that to my list of Shelvey traits Ayew is mirroring.

Thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Goodbye Ayew on 00:53 - May 7 with 1078 viewsJango

Goodbye Ayew on 00:02 - May 7 by Davillin

It's déjà vu all over. Read the above thread again and you'll see Shelvey in another disguise.

Main concern is not Swansea, but international football.

Ill-disciplined -- rarely where he belongs, can be anywhere on the pitch. [I admit he was better against Liverpool, but the exception proves the rule[.

One good [or lucky] play offset with a half-dozen poor ones.

Inconsistent at best, but excused for it.

Has a clearly exaggerated opinion of himself.

Flatters to deceive.

Posters who see only the infrequent demonstration of being a "game changer" [without evidence] as overbalancing the fact that he does not fit.

He does not fit.

To his credit, he's not a pointer.

p.s. CarleonJack, his first paragraph above, seems to have it about right.

You're right he doesn't fit on the wing, not because the reasons you've given tho, because of the lack of quality we have in other positions. He's not an out and out winger, he's an inside forward who will inevitably go inside. We used to play our wingers inside under laudrup and it worked because we had a younger better Rangel and the outstanding Ben Davies. You can call him inconsistent but he's shown up to more games this year than any other player other than siggy. To score and create as many goals as he has this season in that quite poor side speaks volumes for me
Goodbye Ayew on 01:02 - May 7 with 1068 viewsGriffting

After those comments (I know he's probably been asked questions to get this type of answer) and the stuff in January I'm in the camp of 'if we get a decent price then let him go'. That said, whoever replaces him has to also replace the 10 goals (assists and pens won etc included you're probably look more towards 15) and that isn't likely to come cheap. And he's had a poor season, probably by his own standards.
Goodbye Ayew on 03:42 - May 7 with 980 viewsdameedna

Routs and Hernandez all suited laudrups formation
Id play ayew and routs next season and buy a striker a DM and a full back
With that type of press if I was Guidolin I won drop ayew to the bench for West Ham
Don't think we need a player who does not say he joined Swansea to help the club get to the champions league
His brother went to Villa and got relegated.
He could easily do worse next season
Goodbye Ayew on 05:58 - May 7 with 950 viewsTummer_from_Texas

So now we're really comparing Ayew, who always hustles his ass off, with a lazy cancer like Shelvey???

He's got his faults and limitations as a football player, but AA deserves better than this from our supporters.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Goodbye Ayew on 06:55 - May 7 with 932 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ayew on 05:58 - May 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

So now we're really comparing Ayew, who always hustles his ass off, with a lazy cancer like Shelvey???

He's got his faults and limitations as a football player, but AA deserves better than this from our supporters.

Agreed. Criticise him by all means, but at least be balanced about it.

Hustles his ass off is a good way of putting it. We don't really have anyone else, maybe Paloschi, who is an absolute pain for defenders and denies them time on the ball.
Goodbye Ayew on 07:05 - May 7 with 925 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Ayew on 06:55 - May 7 by jack247

Agreed. Criticise him by all means, but at least be balanced about it.

Hustles his ass off is a good way of putting it. We don't really have anyone else, maybe Paloschi, who is an absolute pain for defenders and denies them time on the ball.

Mercenary. Get rid for good money and let's start buying players like we used to

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Goodbye Ayew on 07:15 - May 7 with 914 viewsLoyal

Goodbye Ayew on 05:58 - May 7 by Tummer_from_Texas

Choice of words there bud 👍
Not like you.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Goodbye Ayew on 07:16 - May 7 with 915 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Goodbye Ayew on 07:15 - May 7 by Loyal

Choice of words there bud 👍
Not like you.

I'm sure he meant chancer

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Goodbye Ayew on 07:17 - May 7 with 913 viewsSwaneeRiver

Goodbye Ayew on 22:14 - May 6 by veng9

I agree. He isn't a Montero who will be able to create out wide without much help from the fullback. Because of our fullback situation when he does play as a winger he either moves into the middle and we basically lose anything that will happen down the right side or when he does go out wide he and Rangel aren't good enough to do much. Despite this he's scored 10 goals and contributed to four goals through either winning the penalty or an assist. I'd prefer us to have a team next year where we can get the best out of Ayew than a team without him.

I also agree. The guy showed last week against Liverpool what he could have been doing all season if he'd been used to his full potential. We have a nucleus of players we should build a team around, but will need restructuring this summer.
Rather than get rid of the likes of Ayew, I'd rather see him stay and also sign his brother Jordan, who is also a great footballer.
Goodbye Ayew on 07:18 - May 7 with 910 viewsLoyal

Goodbye Ayew on 07:16 - May 7 by Brynmill_Jack

I'm sure he meant chancer

Good point, I'm a bit thick see I was tugging till 3am.

Goodbye Ayew on 07:23 - May 7 with 908 viewsjack247

Goodbye Ayew on 07:05 - May 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Mercenary. Get rid for good money and let's start buying players like we used to

The mercenary bit is irrelevant. He probably is, but he gives 100% each game. It would be an issue if he signed contracts and then stopped trying, like Adebayor.

I agree if we can get good money, it may be worth moving him on, as it's only likely to be him and Siggy that command a decent fee. With the new money coming in though, we 'should' at least have a decent transfer budget without having to sell.
Goodbye Ayew on 11:21 - May 7 with 828 viewsManBearSwan2

We would have been in serious trouble without Ayew this season.
[Post edited 7 May 2016 11:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024