Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's Fans Forum in London 22:01 - May 6 with 7766 viewsDarran

Apparently Huw Jenkins said he doesn't know who the money men behind the two he's dealing with are.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 00:32 - May 7 with 2136 viewsmonmouth

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 00:27 - May 7 by epaul

I dont know if you got that from my FB post Daz but yes it did shock me all he knows is the up front people but he did sayhe wants to meet the money menb before any deal goes through amd that any deal is a long way off at this moment, which I guess going into next season aint good

Got to give kudos to Huw he turned up and answered every question, not that a great deal was revealed, but you expect that

Agreed about him turning up.

Doesn't know who's behind it after 'negotiating' for six months and announcing it to the world? Rightio. Deal a long way off? Well worth spoiling the Chelsea result by implying it's virtually a done deal then. Smells of rat and fish, sorry.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 00:56 - May 7 with 2086 viewsLoyal

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 00:32 - May 7 by monmouth

Agreed about him turning up.

Doesn't know who's behind it after 'negotiating' for six months and announcing it to the world? Rightio. Deal a long way off? Well worth spoiling the Chelsea result by implying it's virtually a done deal then. Smells of rat and fish, sorry.

It does sort of smack of a bit of head patting whist they finish off the final details of their massive millions windfall.

Doesn't know the real people behind it ?

Fcking rubbish.

A fishy rat indeed.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 08:52 - May 7 with 1816 viewsMattG

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 00:56 - May 7 by Loyal

It does sort of smack of a bit of head patting whist they finish off the final details of their massive millions windfall.

Doesn't know the real people behind it ?

Fcking rubbish.

A fishy rat indeed.

If he doesn't know, it's both incredible and incredibly disappointing that things have got to this stage without such vital information.

If he does know but can't say, why lie and say he doesn't know? Pointless.

His comment that no deal will be completed before identities are known gives at least some comfort but, not for the first time in this whole business, things seem to be getting done arse about face.
Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:06 - May 7 with 1770 viewsmonmouth

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 08:52 - May 7 by MattG

If he doesn't know, it's both incredible and incredibly disappointing that things have got to this stage without such vital information.

His comment that no deal will be completed before identities are known gives at least some comfort but, not for the first time in this whole business, things seem to be getting done arse about face.

It's also crap and doesn't really give any comfort. Let's idly speculate the deal is ready to sign and make them all multi millionnaires. 'Oh by the way, we need to know who is behind you?'. 'Oh right, it's John Yank, Jim Rippoff and Alan Graspit'. 'Are they fit and proper?' 'Yeah sure bud, sign here'

This gets done at the start, when they might be inclined to walk away, or it simply is not important to the sellers.

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:09 - May 7 with 1754 viewsLoyal

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:06 - May 7 by monmouth

It's also crap and doesn't really give any comfort. Let's idly speculate the deal is ready to sign and make them all multi millionnaires. 'Oh by the way, we need to know who is behind you?'. 'Oh right, it's John Yank, Jim Rippoff and Alan Graspit'. 'Are they fit and proper?' 'Yeah sure bud, sign here'

This gets done at the start, when they might be inclined to walk away, or it simply is not important to the sellers.

I wonder if they are clever enough to try a Sharpey clause like he did when Cullis was about with the owner who stepped in for a few weeks, can't remember his name, fell foul of the small print and earned Dougie a 100'k and he got the club back.

Sharp old cnt that he was. 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:12 - May 7 with 1739 viewsDr_Winston

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:09 - May 7 by Loyal

I wonder if they are clever enough to try a Sharpey clause like he did when Cullis was about with the owner who stepped in for a few weeks, can't remember his name, fell foul of the small print and earned Dougie a 100'k and he got the club back.

Sharp old cnt that he was. 😂

Michael Thompson.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:15 - May 7 with 1719 viewsmagicdaps10

If this is true then he is a bigger cuunt than i tought!!!!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:17 - May 7 with 1711 viewsnantywatcher

Having been involved with that type of deal, I would guess different "money men" have come and gone over the last year or so, as long as Donald Trump is in I'm ok. (That thought made me gag)
Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:17 - May 7 with 1711 viewsMattG

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:06 - May 7 by monmouth

Agree 100%, hence "arse about face".

Just looked up the "Fit and Proper Person Test" and, at face value, it really doesn't do a lot.

Firstly, it only applies to anybody who takes over a club, runs one, or owns over 30% of its shares. On the basis that the Consortium are only buying 60% in the first place, it is unlikely to apply to any of the individuals involved in this deal in any case.

Even if it does apply, the tests are pretty narrow :
- They have power or influence over another Football League club
- They hold a significant interest in another Football League club
- They become prohibited by law from being a director
- They are filing for bankruptcy
- They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency
- They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency

Pretty flimsy protections, all in all.
Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:23 - May 7 with 1684 viewsmagicdaps10

I have got to a point now where i just want the deal to go through.

My big worry now is that it drags on through the summer and possibly into the new season. This summer is massive for the playing side of things and i have no trust in Huw and co doing the right thing and spending the money needed when a big windfall is in the background for them.

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:27 - May 7 with 1661 viewsSwansNZ

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 22:08 - May 6 by monmouth

F.U.C.K.I.N.G.H.E.L.L

You left off the full stop at the end, very poor.
[Post edited 7 May 2016 9:27]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:35 - May 7 with 1633 viewsMattG

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:23 - May 7 by magicdaps10

I have got to a point now where i just want the deal to go through.

My big worry now is that it drags on through the summer and possibly into the new season. This summer is massive for the playing side of things and i have no trust in Huw and co doing the right thing and spending the money needed when a big windfall is in the background for them.

But surely not doing the right thing in terms of the playing squad would jeopardise the whole deal? A bad start to next season and the Americans would probably want to slow things down again.

On that subject, interesting that Huw now thinks a deal is a long way off after it was apparently imminent when we beat Chelsea on 9th April. I can understand some delay until mathematical safety was achieved but "a long way off" suggests it was never really as close to completion as the press (fed by HJ and co.) originally reported.
Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:46 - May 7 with 1601 viewsjackonicko

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 22:15 - May 6 by longlostjack

??????? Beneficiaries register ???

Not yet.

The U.K. launched its bene register in April, for self identification of owners of 25% or more of the shares of a UK company. This is ahead of the new money laundering directive - AMLD4 - which takes direct effect later this year.

Doesn't cover the USA. There is a push through G7 and G20 to extend beneficial ownership registers worldwide. But there is no timetable for that.

The vehicle being used by Levien and co is incorporated in Delaware, USA. Currently, Delaware is about as transparent as Panama and British Virgin Islands so nothing can be found out through traditional means. This is why you don't see many Americans named in the Panama papers - they don't need to go overseas to get privacy. Delaware more than suits the purpose.
Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 10:04 - May 7 with 1543 viewslonglostjack

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:46 - May 7 by jackonicko

Not yet.

The U.K. launched its bene register in April, for self identification of owners of 25% or more of the shares of a UK company. This is ahead of the new money laundering directive - AMLD4 - which takes direct effect later this year.

Doesn't cover the USA. There is a push through G7 and G20 to extend beneficial ownership registers worldwide. But there is no timetable for that.

The vehicle being used by Levien and co is incorporated in Delaware, USA. Currently, Delaware is about as transparent as Panama and British Virgin Islands so nothing can be found out through traditional means. This is why you don't see many Americans named in the Panama papers - they don't need to go overseas to get privacy. Delaware more than suits the purpose.

Interesting. Thanks for that.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 10:04 - May 7 with 1542 viewsLoyal

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:35 - May 7 by MattG

But surely not doing the right thing in terms of the playing squad would jeopardise the whole deal? A bad start to next season and the Americans would probably want to slow things down again.

On that subject, interesting that Huw now thinks a deal is a long way off after it was apparently imminent when we beat Chelsea on 9th April. I can understand some delay until mathematical safety was achieved but "a long way off" suggests it was never really as close to completion as the press (fed by HJ and co.) originally reported.

What the press is fed the press will print.
In their own way.

Press officers etc.

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 10:10 - May 7 with 1455 viewsmonmouth

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 09:46 - May 7 by jackonicko

Not yet.

That's comforting Jacko. Thanks a million....

Speak Softly Love..

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 10:32 - May 7 with 1393 viewsleighton1318

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 08:52 - May 7 by MattG

Saying 'no deal will complete until the identities are known' isn't so different to saying 'no deal will complete until the buyer has the money'.

There s a hint coming through that the buyer is a front man who will invest say 20%, and is trying to syndicate the balance of the price.

Would suggest the business (club) is meant to be self funding with no new capital coming in, but that may be getting too far ahead just now.
Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 10:47 - May 7 with 1339 viewsDewi1jack

Did anyone ask the question of why the Trust and possibly other shareholders were kept in the dark and treated like mushrooms?
If so, what was the answer.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 10:59 - May 7 with 1301 viewsOldjack

This stinks yet again, I'm sure Tan will appear shortly

Its about time he kept his word on the current managers position aswell, he did say two weeks ,that was three weeks ago according to Franco

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:15 - May 7 with 1266 viewsBig_Phil

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 10:59 - May 7 by Oldjack

This stinks yet again, I'm sure Tan will appear shortly

Its about time he kept his word on the current managers position aswell, he did say two weeks ,that was three weeks ago according to Franco

I was there last night, and as has been said on here when HJ suggested he didn't know the money men he was very evasive, why he didn't say he knew them but couldn't say I don't know....that's how it felt to us all though.

I was also told last night that FG is nailed on for Watford but they can't announce that until the current manager gets his marching orders. He knows he will not be SCFC manager next year, but it's in his interests to the play the 'no news' card arm

The rest of the evening was very positive as has been reported

All of the above could be b0ll0cks....but worrying about it can't be helped

I think the Board have gone about this the wrong way from start to finish BUT it could still be a good deal for the club. You don't know it is or it isn't do you (like the rest of us) but to say it stinks without knowing that seems a bit presumptuous, follow the lead of the Trust surely???

Just My opinion and reporting of last night....
Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:16 - May 7 with 1265 viewsGlyn1

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 23:59 - May 6 by londonlisa2001

Fair play, the image of Huw sitting in a room negotiating with a bloke with a bag over his head has made me laugh.

That would be a hilarious cartoon.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:20 - May 7 with 1248 viewsDarran

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:15 - May 7 by Big_Phil

I was there last night, and as has been said on here when HJ suggested he didn't know the money men he was very evasive, why he didn't say he knew them but couldn't say I don't know....that's how it felt to us all though.

I was also told last night that FG is nailed on for Watford but they can't announce that until the current manager gets his marching orders. He knows he will not be SCFC manager next year, but it's in his interests to the play the 'no news' card arm

The rest of the evening was very positive as has been reported

All of the above could be b0ll0cks....but worrying about it can't be helped

I think the Board have gone about this the wrong way from start to finish BUT it could still be a good deal for the club. You don't know it is or it isn't do you (like the rest of us) but to say it stinks without knowing that seems a bit presumptuous, follow the lead of the Trust surely???

Just My opinion and reporting of last night....

People should read this brilliant post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:21 - May 7 with 1246 viewsmagicdaps10

Did Huw say last night that they have a new manager ready come the seasons end?

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:24 - May 7 with 1234 viewsWarwickHunt

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:21 - May 7 by magicdaps10

Did Huw say last night that they have a new manager ready come the seasons end?

He said we have a new manager but he didn't know his name...
Tonight's Fans Forum in London (n/t) on 11:31 - May 7 with 1183 views1983

Tonight's Fans Forum in London on 11:24 - May 7 by WarwickHunt

He said we have a new manager but he didn't know his name...

[Post edited 7 May 2016 11:31]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024