Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manics Euro 2016 Song 10:43 - May 12 with 14830 viewsDevz00

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/official-wales-euro-2

Bit better than that effort on here the other day.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 10:14 - May 13 with 4114 viewsscottishjack

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 10:07 - May 13 by JJJack

On the other hand this is magnificent!

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 10:17 - May 13 with 4110 viewsDevz00

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 18:16 - May 12 by taffpunk

I'm not going to listen to the record, but Nicky Wire is/was a Cardiff City fan, it's no big deal really is it. It makes perfect sense, support your nearest professional football league team, no matter what division they're in, the way it should be. He used to go and watch the Bluebirds and the Cardiff Devils on a regular basis.
EDIT--he is a tosser, Newport is about 2 miles closer, he should have supported them.
[Post edited 12 May 2016 18:21]

Sorry to break it to you but Nicky Wire is a Spurs fan. I think he's the most vocal in the band about football. If you google the band and who they support he always pops up the most. I think they are mainly rugby fans, the rest of them, but Liverpool and Forest randomly.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrxqo5_manic-street-preachers-nicky-wire-talks-

'Do you support a Welsh team or just Tottenham?'

NW - 'Just Tottenham for me...'

then goes on to say he's watched a few Cardiff games with his dad in the 70s and Newport. He went to Uni in Swansea too so probably watched us.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 11:01 - May 13 with 4084 viewsyescomeon

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 09:49 - May 13 by dickythorpe

I cant really hear it being sung by fans at the games can you?

Holding out for the SFA one being the one to sing from the stands. They are great at composing melodies and the song is called bing bong, gonna be in welsh but the English translation of the lyrics are simple enough.

Upthecity!

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 11:08 - May 13 with 4077 viewsWarwickHunt

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 11:01 - May 13 by yescomeon

Holding out for the SFA one being the one to sing from the stands. They are great at composing melodies and the song is called bing bong, gonna be in welsh but the English translation of the lyrics are simple enough.

Great at melodies but perhaps the bing bong lyrics need a little work?

Although...

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 11:15 - May 13 with 4065 viewsyescomeon

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 11:08 - May 13 by WarwickHunt

Great at melodies but perhaps the bing bong lyrics need a little work?

Although...

It's actually out today as it happens, premier here on guardian website.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/video/2016/may/13/super-furry-animals

Fakin excellent track, bit mad for a football song. Easy melody, easier lyrics ("bing bong"), can see it going down like a sh!t in a lift on here, but I'll be listening to it all summer for sure.

Upthecity!

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 14:55 - May 13 with 4017 viewsProfessor

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 11:15 - May 13 by yescomeon

It's actually out today as it happens, premier here on guardian website.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/video/2016/may/13/super-furry-animals

Fakin excellent track, bit mad for a football song. Easy melody, easier lyrics ("bing bong"), can see it going down like a sh!t in a lift on here, but I'll be listening to it all summer for sure.

SFA (or Gruyff at least) on Radio 6 earlier talking about it. Given the confirmed Cardiff supporters in SFA will go down badly here-those that support them are from Cardiff after all. At least both they and the Manics are genuinely fans of the game and Wales and not just jumping on a bandwagon. Will enjoy them both at the Liberty next month too.

My Jack Russell is named after Gruyff-no better name for a furry animal
Manics Euro 2016 Song on 15:20 - May 13 with 4006 viewslondonlisa2001

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 14:55 - May 13 by Professor

SFA (or Gruyff at least) on Radio 6 earlier talking about it. Given the confirmed Cardiff supporters in SFA will go down badly here-those that support them are from Cardiff after all. At least both they and the Manics are genuinely fans of the game and Wales and not just jumping on a bandwagon. Will enjoy them both at the Liberty next month too.

I like the SFA song but it's the very definition of jumping on the bandwagon isn't it? Releasing a song written a few years ago and their first release for ages the day after the Manics?

Don't blame them though and the track is good.

The Manics track is OK - very typically Manics really but I quite like their stuff so don't mind that - like it more with the video than without.
Manics Euro 2016 Song on 16:10 - May 13 with 3990 viewsyescomeon

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 15:20 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

I like the SFA song but it's the very definition of jumping on the bandwagon isn't it? Releasing a song written a few years ago and their first release for ages the day after the Manics?

Don't blame them though and the track is good.

The Manics track is OK - very typically Manics really but I quite like their stuff so don't mind that - like it more with the video than without.

I'd disagree with you there, they wrote it and never used it, may never have another chance to use it for its intended purpose again (although its only really a football song because they say it is). I doubt it is a money making thing, they don't strike me as that type of band, it's also in Welsh (not that you can really tell).

Upthecity!

Login to get fewer ads

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 16:16 - May 13 with 3984 viewsyescomeon

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 14:55 - May 13 by Professor

Can't say I've ever paid too much attention to a band's footballing loyalties myself. Looking forward to that gig, just sorting my travel plans for it this week.

Upthecity!

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 16:27 - May 13 with 3975 viewslondonlisa2001

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 16:10 - May 13 by yescomeon

I'd disagree with you there, they wrote it and never used it, may never have another chance to use it for its intended purpose again (although its only really a football song because they say it is). I doubt it is a money making thing, they don't strike me as that type of band, it's also in Welsh (not that you can really tell).

I didn't mean they did it for money, more the exposure and I wasnt being critical.

I just thought they released it now because we qualified. Just pointing out that is jumping on the bandwagon. Doesn't bother me and as I said, I like it.

I agree by the way that they obviously don't care about money given that they threw it away quite happily on a Cardiff shirt sponsorship :-)
Manics Euro 2016 Song on 17:27 - May 13 with 3945 viewsyescomeon

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 16:27 - May 13 by londonlisa2001

I didn't mean they did it for money, more the exposure and I wasnt being critical.

I just thought they released it now because we qualified. Just pointing out that is jumping on the bandwagon. Doesn't bother me and as I said, I like it.

I agree by the way that they obviously don't care about money given that they threw it away quite happily on a Cardiff shirt sponsorship :-)

Heat is making me pedantic I think, maybe part of the reason they released it is exposure but in my (admittedly biased) opinion I think they would have wanted to have put out a Welsh Euros anthem, to have put out a Welsh Euros anthem, if you follow me. They seem like the kind of guys who do things for just to do them for their own entertainment and satisfaction.

Damn good point on that Cardiff shirt sponsorship, being kinder I would have pointed to releasing a Welsh language album at the height of their popularity :)

Upthecity!

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 18:00 - May 13 with 3928 viewslondonlisa2001

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 17:27 - May 13 by yescomeon

Heat is making me pedantic I think, maybe part of the reason they released it is exposure but in my (admittedly biased) opinion I think they would have wanted to have put out a Welsh Euros anthem, to have put out a Welsh Euros anthem, if you follow me. They seem like the kind of guys who do things for just to do them for their own entertainment and satisfaction.

Damn good point on that Cardiff shirt sponsorship, being kinder I would have pointed to releasing a Welsh language album at the height of their popularity :)

I rather like the fact that they release songs and albums in Welsh - it's great when bands support their first language rather than everything always having to be in English.

Mind you, if they had released it in English they could have afforded to sponsor us instead :-)
Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:09 - May 13 with 3859 viewstaffpunk

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 10:17 - May 13 by Devz00

Sorry to break it to you but Nicky Wire is a Spurs fan. I think he's the most vocal in the band about football. If you google the band and who they support he always pops up the most. I think they are mainly rugby fans, the rest of them, but Liverpool and Forest randomly.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrxqo5_manic-street-preachers-nicky-wire-talks-

'Do you support a Welsh team or just Tottenham?'

NW - 'Just Tottenham for me...'

then goes on to say he's watched a few Cardiff games with his dad in the 70s and Newport. He went to Uni in Swansea too so probably watched us.

I know him personally, I know who he supports. I don't need to look at any links on the internet, thanks anyway.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:26 - May 13 with 3843 viewsItchySphincter

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:09 - May 13 by taffpunk

I know him personally, I know who he supports. I don't need to look at any links on the internet, thanks anyway.

Lids?

Anyway, I was down the front when they got bottled off last time they played in Swansea. Richey landed on my head for the second gig in a row. Will be interesting to see how they get on at the Liberty.

They would've been better off re recording 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' tweaking the words and including the big band that plays down the Crapdiff Shitty stadium.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:28 - May 13 with 3840 viewsexiledclaseboy

I don't give a f*ck who the Manics and SFA support. I'm looking forward to seeing them both in a couple of weeks.

Poll: Tory leader

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:30 - May 13 with 3496 viewsexiledclaseboy

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:26 - May 13 by ItchySphincter

Lids?

Anyway, I was down the front when they got bottled off last time they played in Swansea. Richey landed on my head for the second gig in a row. Will be interesting to see how they get on at the Liberty.

They would've been better off re recording 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' tweaking the words and including the big band that plays down the Crapdiff Shitty stadium.

He jumped off the stacks a few times that day. Landed on me too. Think how close we might have been to each other all those years ago.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:31 - May 13 with 3493 viewsItchySphincter

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:28 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

I don't give a f*ck who the Manics and SFA support. I'm looking forward to seeing them both in a couple of weeks.

Seen 'em loads of times. They used to be really good. Enjoy Clasie.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:34 - May 13 with 3490 viewsexiledclaseboy

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:31 - May 13 by ItchySphincter

Seen 'em loads of times. They used to be really good. Enjoy Clasie.

Seen them around 20 times myself over the years, two or three times for SFA. Manics obviously aren't the band they were but I'm looking forward to it.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:36 - May 13 with 3486 viewsItchySphincter

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:34 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

Seen them around 20 times myself over the years, two or three times for SFA. Manics obviously aren't the band they were but I'm looking forward to it.

Cool. I'd probably go but can't down to the fact that it's the missus's birthday and they're a bit sh!t these days.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 09:03 - May 14 with 3405 viewsderekthefan7

here's two Swansea Boys singing the only Wales Karaoke tribute song out there.
[Post edited 14 May 2016 9:13]
Manics Euro 2016 Song on 16:55 - May 14 with 3343 viewsItchySphincter

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 20:30 - May 13 by exiledclaseboy

He jumped off the stacks a few times that day. Landed on me too. Think how close we might have been to each other all those years ago.

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 22:17 - May 14 with 3264 viewsdobjack2

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 18:16 - May 12 by taffpunk

I'm not going to listen to the record, but Nicky Wire is/was a Cardiff City fan, it's no big deal really is it. It makes perfect sense, support your nearest professional football league team, no matter what division they're in, the way it should be. He used to go and watch the Bluebirds and the Cardiff Devils on a regular basis.
EDIT--he is a tosser, Newport is about 2 miles closer, he should have supported them.
[Post edited 12 May 2016 18:21]

Sure that when the maniacs played singleton park - Heineken big top- in the nineties that there was a difference of opinion between bluebird manic fans who had travelled to see them and jacks.

Don't think that it was on a cockney rejects level though.
Manics Euro 2016 Song on 22:38 - May 14 with 3249 viewsWarwickHunt

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 09:03 - May 14 by derekthefan7

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...
Manics Euro 2016 Song on 23:09 - May 14 with 3237 viewsDarran

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 09:03 - May 14 by derekthefan7

Superb stuff Dezza keep up the good work.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 13:57 - May 27 with 3023 viewsRosey_Repeat

Manics Euro 2016 Song on 23:09 - May 14 by Darran

Superb stuff Dezza keep up the good work.

For anyone interested, here they are in Swansea the last time, from my old VHS

and some photos from my website www.repeatfanzine.co.uk

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024