Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 29033 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:23 - May 23 with 2051 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:10 - May 23 by dobjack2

Not a lot.

The key is getting in players that fit our style of play and improve the team and not just getting in players however much they cost for the sake of getting in players.

Ranieri's tactics got the best out of the squad that he had and the players played to his game plan.

Would Morgan and Simpson fit into our tactics?

Sheffield jack said we don't want championship cast offer the point I'm making is that's exactly what those two were, and I fully agree the players need to fit the system, it will be interesting to see who Guidolin brings in

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:45 - May 23 with 1998 viewsdobjack2

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:23 - May 23 by raynor94

Sheffield jack said we don't want championship cast offer the point I'm making is that's exactly what those two were, and I fully agree the players need to fit the system, it will be interesting to see who Guidolin brings in

We agree.

However it will surely be our famed recruitment team that will be responsible for bringing players in with guidolin saying what position and the type of player to get.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:18 - May 23 with 1970 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:23 - May 23 by raynor94

Let's use Fer and Hoilett as examples of the issue. If they sign for us they will come from a mid-table Championship club who want to offload their big wage earners. If you look at what QPR fans think (which is by no means infallible) they would be glad to see the back of both of them! If FG thinks he can improve and develop Fer and he fits into the system that FG wants to use next season - then no problem. But Hoilett who has shown no form for quite a while now is also being touted as a winger we could bring in. But is he a better option than Ayew, Montero, Barrow or Routeledge? Or are we only considering him because we can get a paltry £15 for Ayew and replace him with someone who will come in on a free transfer?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:52 - May 23 with 1884 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:18 - May 23 by Sheffieldjack

Let's use Fer and Hoilett as examples of the issue. If they sign for us they will come from a mid-table Championship club who want to offload their big wage earners. If you look at what QPR fans think (which is by no means infallible) they would be glad to see the back of both of them! If FG thinks he can improve and develop Fer and he fits into the system that FG wants to use next season - then no problem. But Hoilett who has shown no form for quite a while now is also being touted as a winger we could bring in. But is he a better option than Ayew, Montero, Barrow or Routeledge? Or are we only considering him because we can get a paltry £15 for Ayew and replace him with someone who will come in on a free transfer?

I gave you 2 examples, Simpson from QPR and Morgan from Forest, don't write people off because they come from mid table championship clubs, perhaps Guidolin can do a bit of a Ranieri

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:58 - May 23 with 1874 viewsJango

If they are to sell ayew then the board know they'll have to replace him with someone that's a proven goalscorer you'd think. I've got no issue with Hoilett coming in if Guidolon thinks he can get something out of him but then that would mean the end of one of the other fringe players like emnes.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:59 - May 23 with 1872 viewsshandyjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:58 - May 23 by Jango

If they are to sell ayew then the board know they'll have to replace him with someone that's a proven goalscorer you'd think. I've got no issue with Hoilett coming in if Guidolon thinks he can get something out of him but then that would mean the end of one of the other fringe players like emnes.

dyer and emnes out, Hoileet in. fresh faces make subtle differences some times

Poll: Expectation for the season

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:29 - May 23 with 1827 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:59 - May 23 by shandyjack

dyer and emnes out, Hoileet in. fresh faces make subtle differences some times

Why not Dyer and Emnes out, and Redmond or Townsend in?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:32 - May 23 with 1802 viewsjasper_T

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:29 - May 23 by Sheffieldjack

Why not Dyer and Emnes out, and Redmond or Townsend in?

Dyer and Emnes wouldn't pay for a fraction of their transfer fees or wages.
Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:58 - May 23 with 1750 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:32 - May 23 by jasper_T

Dyer and Emnes wouldn't pay for a fraction of their transfer fees or wages.

So we'd rather bring in long-shot possibles rather than proven quality?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:06 - May 23 with 1741 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:58 - May 23 by Sheffieldjack

So we'd rather bring in long-shot possibles rather than proven quality?

We'll bring in high calibrate players and squad players, some of them a gamble.

Swansea City have done this for years.

Sinclair was a journeyman who had done nothing before or nothing since, since joining Swans

Mark Gower, Leon Britton, Danny Graham... Shall I go on?

We can't afford 25 first team players in our squad

It's just the internet, init.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:10 - May 23 with 1711 viewsLoyal

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:52 - May 23 by raynor94

I gave you 2 examples, Simpson from QPR and Morgan from Forest, don't write people off because they come from mid table championship clubs, perhaps Guidolin can do a bit of a Ranieri

That would be a messy bedroom scene, mucho grunts and old man flakey bell end.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 21:54 - May 23 with 1646 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:10 - May 23 by Loyal

That would be a messy bedroom scene, mucho grunts and old man flakey bell end.

Can someone translate this for me? What is "Loyal" on about?
[Post edited 23 May 2016 21:55]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:11 - May 24 with 1598 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 21:54 - May 23 by Sheffieldjack

Can someone translate this for me? What is "Loyal" on about?
[Post edited 23 May 2016 21:55]

It's called humour using innuendos

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:44 - May 24 with 1510 viewsSheffieldjack

1. Harry Kane Tottenham 25
2. Jamie Vardy Leicester 24
3. Sergio Agüero Man City 24
4. Romelu Lukaku Everton 18
5. Riyad Mahrez Leicester 17
6. Olivier Giroud Arsenal 16
7. Odion Ighalo Watford 15
8. Jermain Defoe Sunderland 15
9. Alexis Sánchez Arsenal 13
10. Troy Deeney Watford 13

These are the only players in the Premier League who have scored more goals than Ayew, and we are thinking of letting him go for £15 million?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:52 - May 24 with 1469 viewsjasper_T

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:44 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

These are the only players in the Premier League who have scored more goals than Ayew, and we are thinking of letting him go for £15 million?

Every team without a player on that list is probably shopping for a new striker for next season.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:09 - May 24 with 1478 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:44 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

Yep and getting Bony back

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:31 - May 24 with 1448 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:09 - May 24 by raynor94

Yep and getting Bony back

But what about showing some ambition by keeping Ayew AND getting Bony back?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:44 - May 24 with 1430 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:31 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

But what about showing some ambition by keeping Ayew AND getting Bony back?

We keep going around in circles here, yes he has scored goals but he's not a perfect fit in the team, I'd have Bony back Siggy behind and Redmond and Barrow wide, and the thing is about this thread there are still more saying they wouldn't be upset if left, than stayed, but it's all about opinions and I respect yours

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:55 - May 24 with 1423 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:44 - May 24 by raynor94

We keep going around in circles here, yes he has scored goals but he's not a perfect fit in the team, I'd have Bony back Siggy behind and Redmond and Barrow wide, and the thing is about this thread there are still more saying they wouldn't be upset if left, than stayed, but it's all about opinions and I respect yours

Yes, and I respect yours too. I guess what I'm trying to argue for is for the club to show some ambition and intent so that even if the preferred strike force would be Bony - Montero - Siggy - Barrow (which would scare some opposition defenders next season) we keep Ayew because he can play as back up for either Bony or Siggy, and in an emergency even for Barrow. We would also have the option to throw him on as an extra free roaming forward if we needed a goal late in a game.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:20 - May 24 with 1401 viewsjasper_T

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:55 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

Yes, and I respect yours too. I guess what I'm trying to argue for is for the club to show some ambition and intent so that even if the preferred strike force would be Bony - Montero - Siggy - Barrow (which would scare some opposition defenders next season) we keep Ayew because he can play as back up for either Bony or Siggy, and in an emergency even for Barrow. We would also have the option to throw him on as an extra free roaming forward if we needed a goal late in a game.

We've got a nearly-new Paloschi sitting in the cupboard for that job.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:26 - May 24 with 1397 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:20 - May 24 by jasper_T

We've got a nearly-new Paloschi sitting in the cupboard for that job.

I can see Paloschi as back up for a main striker like Bony (if by some magic we could get him back). I can't really see him as back up for any of the other positions, though.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 12:26]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:51 - May 24 with 1369 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:44 - May 24 by raynor94

Sell ayew for £15 million, pay him the £5million+ still owed to him for signing on fee, then sign bony for £20million? According to reports Redmond is available for £10million. So that's £30 million, and no new full backs in sight? Dreamland
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 14:11 - May 24 with 1341 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:55 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

So we go over budget AND keep Ayew?
1: Ayew wouldn't be happy
2: we'd be running at a loss
3: we are not QPR or Leeds

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:47 - May 24 with 1295 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:51 - May 24 by Jango

Sell ayew for £15 million, pay him the £5million+ still owed to him for signing on fee, then sign bony for £20million? According to reports Redmond is available for £10million. So that's £30 million, and no new full backs in sight? Dreamland

So what about the money City still owe us for Bony? We'd get him for closer to 10 million, Eder just gone for 4 million, Ayew and Gomis off the wage bill I'd be happy

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:09 - May 24 with 1257 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:47 - May 24 by raynor94

So what about the money City still owe us for Bony? We'd get him for closer to 10 million, Eder just gone for 4 million, Ayew and Gomis off the wage bill I'd be happy

I'd imagine the money still owed for Bony is accounted for so we'd still be spending that £10million if you get me. I hope you're right, but when we sold bony for nearly £30 million we only invested about £8million on Eder and tabanou and that included our summer transfer budget so I'm not holding out too much hope of spending what we get in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024