Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 28675 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:17 - May 24 with 2042 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:47 - May 24 by raynor94

So what about the money City still owe us for Bony? We'd get him for closer to 10 million, Eder just gone for 4 million, Ayew and Gomis off the wage bill I'd be happy

There are a lot of players we should be aiming to clear from the wage bill once the transfer window opens. Here's a few for starters - Emnes, Gomis, Naughton, Shepard, Alfei, Tabanou and Bartley - with Rangel and Britton being moved to a role within the Academy.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 18:18]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:22 - May 24 with 2032 viewsGowerjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:31 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

But what about showing some ambition by keeping Ayew AND getting Bony back?

And play him where?

Not a winger.
Not a striker.
We already have a better central attacking midfielder.

Are you not paying attention?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:29 - May 24 with 2024 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:22 - May 24 by Gowerjack

And play him where?

Not a winger.
Not a striker.

What says we are going to sign a 13+ goals a season striker who would be a better option than Ayew? What would happen if we get a mega-offer for Siggy or we manage to keep him but he gets injured? Ayew's versatility should be considered a strength rather than a weakness.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:36 - May 24 with 2016 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:22 - May 24 by Gowerjack

And play him where?

Not a winger.
Not a striker.

He's had a pretty successful career upto now and he's never played the attacking centre midfield role. He played left inside forward for Marseille
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:40 - May 24 with 2010 viewsWhiterockin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:44 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

1. Harry Kane Tottenham 25
2. Jamie Vardy Leicester 24
3. Sergio Agüero Man City 24
4. Romelu Lukaku Everton 18
5. Riyad Mahrez Leicester 17
6. Olivier Giroud Arsenal 16
7. Odion Ighalo Watford 15
8. Jermain Defoe Sunderland 15
9. Alexis Sánchez Arsenal 13
10. Troy Deeney Watford 13

These are the only players in the Premier League who have scored more goals than Ayew, and we are thinking of letting him go for £15 million?

Just as a matter of interest, if either Odion Ighalo, Jermain Defoe or Troy Deeney were up for sale. What value would you put on each of these.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:52 - May 24 with 1993 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:40 - May 24 by Whiterockin

Just as a matter of interest, if either Odion Ighalo, Jermain Defoe or Troy Deeney were up for sale. What value would you put on each of these.

That's an interesting one! Defoe's value is significantly affected by his age - he's 33 I believe. Ighalo and Deeney are an effective strike duo at the moment with Watford, but how effective would one be if the other left? I'd have thought that Sunderland would want around £6 - 7 million for Defoe. Watford would want around £10 - 12 million for Ighalo and £12 - 14 million for Deeney. Defoe is the trickiest one to value because you're basically paying for a virtually guaranteed return (barring injury) but for perhaps just one season. However, as Sunderland have found, if those goals keep you up then he's worth a lot more to a club.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:56 - May 24 with 1991 viewsWhiterockin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:52 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

That's an interesting one! Defoe's value is significantly affected by his age - he's 33 I believe. Ighalo and Deeney are an effective strike duo at the moment with Watford, but how effective would one be if the other left? I'd have thought that Sunderland would want around £6 - 7 million for Defoe. Watford would want around £10 - 12 million for Ighalo and £12 - 14 million for Deeney. Defoe is the trickiest one to value because you're basically paying for a virtually guaranteed return (barring injury) but for perhaps just one season. However, as Sunderland have found, if those goals keep you up then he's worth a lot more to a club.

I agree fully. The point that I was trying to make is that true value and cost does not always relate to goals scored in a season.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:06 - May 24 with 1918 viewsSheffieldjack

In the light of these comments by FG I'm glad we have chosen a shrewd manager

Swansea City boss Francesco Guidolin hopes Andre Ayew will stay - to play central role

FRANCESCO Guidolin is keeping fingers crossed that Andre Ayew will stay at Swansea City despite continued talk of a summer move out of Wales. And Guidolin reckons that even if Ayew does not see himself as a centre-forward, the Ghana star can thrive in that role at the Liberty Stadium next season.
He says he is not a striker and he is a midfielder, but in my opinion he is a striker. He is also a good false nine. He is a big player, but his attitude is good.

Read more: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Francesco-Guidolin-hop
[Post edited 24 May 2016 23:06]
Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:19 - Jul 25 with 1653 viewsSheffieldjack

There are new reports circulating that Ayew might move on (to Chelsea or West Ham) for £14.3 million. This has to be a joke surely? In today's transfer market that should be more like a third of what we would should be asking. I actually don't think we should sell him at all. What is going on?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:50 - Jul 25 with 1583 viewsPozuelosSideys

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:52 - May 24 by Sheffieldjack

Theyll be wanting double that for both of those in the current landscape.

£20m+ for both i reckon.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:59 - Jul 25 with 1549 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:19 - Jul 25 by Sheffieldjack

There are new reports circulating that Ayew might move on (to Chelsea or West Ham) for £14.3 million. This has to be a joke surely? In today's transfer market that should be more like a third of what we would should be asking. I actually don't think we should sell him at all. What is going on?

He's worth at least as much is Siggy, and we allegedly turned down 25 million for him.

In fact, based on our current roster he's worth even more than Siggy to Swansea, since we have absolutely no one else to line up at striker right now against Burnley.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:59 - Jul 25 with 1545 viewsmonmouth

Probably nothing, apart from his agent stirring the pot. Poor dab's been here a year on mahoosive wages but needs more, plus the middle man cut. After all, an agent's got to eat, right?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:00 - Jul 25 with 1540 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:50 - Jul 25 by PozuelosSideys

Theyll be wanting double that for both of those in the current landscape.

£20m+ for both i reckon.

So how much is Ayew worth then?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:13 - Jul 25 with 1509 viewsPozuelosSideys

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:00 - Jul 25 by Sheffieldjack

So how much is Ayew worth then?

I wouldnt even think about anything less than £20m. In a world where Joe Allen is £14m and we are apparently putting bids together for players like Pritchard (who??) for £8m, we need to start playing the game and not selling ourselves short and undervaluing our players. £25m and lets chat.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:48 - Jul 25 with 1469 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:13 - Jul 25 by PozuelosSideys

I wouldnt even think about anything less than £20m. In a world where Joe Allen is £14m and we are apparently putting bids together for players like Pritchard (who??) for £8m, we need to start playing the game and not selling ourselves short and undervaluing our players. £25m and lets chat.

I'd be wanting to start chatting at £30 million. It's a crazy system but that's the way it is these days.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:28 - Jul 25 with 1410 viewsblaine_scfc

If we sold Ayew for anything under £30 million, then the first thing I'd be doing if I was someone like Siggy, is getting the transfer request in and trying to get a move before the season starts.

Getting rid of Ayew this close to the season, whether we are signing strikers or not would be a complete disgrace. You don't let proven goal scorers go for pennies.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:30 - Jul 25 with 1402 viewsDr_Winston

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:59 - Jul 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

He's worth at least as much is Siggy, and we allegedly turned down 25 million for him.

In fact, based on our current roster he's worth even more than Siggy to Swansea, since we have absolutely no one else to line up at striker right now against Burnley.

Unless he has a ludicrously low release clause. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:31 - Jul 25 with 1394 viewslondonlisa2001

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:59 - Jul 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

When have we turned £25m down for Siggy?

There's been no bid for Siggy that we know of. Just paper crap,

But we don't have anyone else to line up in Siggy's position either.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:34 - Jul 25 with 1377 viewsskippyjack

F*ck me.. If Ayew departs.. we're heading for the Championship.. it's hard to replace a 11 goals a season rotating winger.. Some would be happy if we sold him.. which is bizarre in the extreme.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:36 - Jul 25 with 1368 viewsBorojack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:31 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

Maybe Pritchard is the new Siggy aftrr he goes to Everton scary thought I know

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:43 - Jul 25 with 1340 viewslondonlisa2001

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:36 - Jul 25 by Borojack

Maybe Pritchard is the new Siggy aftrr he goes to Everton scary thought I know

Well I've just read somewhere someone saying that Grimes is a reason for not signing Joe as he'll be a big player for us this season, (from Leeds presumably) so who knows what goes through people's heads.

If we sell Siggy I genuinely despair. I personally think not signing Allen is a massive massive mistake. Selling Siggy would be another one.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:07 - Jul 25 with 1264 viewsTummer_from_Texas

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:31 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

Sure, that's why I said "allegedly."

But I disagree that we don't have anyone else to line up in Siggy's position. Ayew (who can play just about any attacking position, which only adds to his value) might do better there than on the wing, where he tends to drift inside too much.

At the very least, one of Ayew's secondary roles should be Siggy's backup. We've clearly seen now who should be taking the free kicks whenever Siggy's unavailable.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:15 - Jul 25 with 1234 viewsAngelRangelQS

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:07 - Jul 25 by Tummer_from_Texas

Sure, that's why I said "allegedly."

But I disagree that we don't have anyone else to line up in Siggy's position. Ayew (who can play just about any attacking position, which only adds to his value) might do better there than on the wing, where he tends to drift inside too much.

At the very least, one of Ayew's secondary roles should be Siggy's backup. We've clearly seen now who should be taking the free kicks whenever Siggy's unavailable.

I've seen nothing from Ayew to suggest he can play in the number 10 role. On the wing, IMO he's a waste.

He's a striker all day long in my book. Looks twice the player there
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:20 - Jul 25 with 1226 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:43 - Jul 25 by londonlisa2001

Well I've just read somewhere someone saying that Grimes is a reason for not signing Joe as he'll be a big player for us this season, (from Leeds presumably) so who knows what goes through people's heads.

If we sell Siggy I genuinely despair. I personally think not signing Allen is a massive massive mistake. Selling Siggy would be another one.

If we sell Sigurdsson or Ayew now, even taking the risk by replacing them, then all bets are off. We'd be toast. I'm still expecting us to bolster the squad with two or three players to cover injury as well as keeping those two, but I think our first team is already fully roostered or whatever we have to say now. And I think it will include Rangel/Naughton at RB and Britton covering/rotating Cork, unless the cover is bought there, but I don't think it will be - it will be forward/wing.

Or maybe another goalkeeper.....

I'm never right mind, although not in the Daps/TDH league.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:33 - Jul 25 with 1197 viewsicecoldjack

Anyone else think the dreaded "release clause" will raise it's head soon ?

Why £15m ? Seems consistantly low to me,unless people know his value of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024