Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 29001 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:37 - Jul 25 with 2437 viewsnyc_swans

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:33 - Jul 25 by icecoldjack

Anyone else think the dreaded "release clause" will raise it's head soon ?

Why £15m ? Seems consistantly low to me,unless people know his value of course.

maybe the low release clause is a tactic to get these high profile players to sign.

huw says "we won't hold you ransom, so we will set a release clause at XX so we can make a little money and you can be on your way"

i'm not saying it makes it right, but i wouldn't at all be surprised if this was at the request of the player.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:39 - Jul 25 with 2428 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:33 - Jul 25 by icecoldjack

Anyone else think the dreaded "release clause" will raise it's head soon ?

Why £15m ? Seems consistantly low to me,unless people know his value of course.

You never have to sell on a release clause being met. This is one that needs hardball. Like when Suarez was creating when Liverpool wouldn't sell him to Arsenal for £50,000,001. We gave Ayew shedloads to come here, he needs to stay for another season if thats what we want. Someone needs to explain that to his agent in no uncertain terms.

Unless of course we promised he could go as part of the acquisition...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:40 - Jul 25 with 2420 viewsicecoldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:20 - Jul 25 by monmouth

If we sell Sigurdsson or Ayew now, even taking the risk by replacing them, then all bets are off. We'd be toast. I'm still expecting us to bolster the squad with two or three players to cover injury as well as keeping those two, but I think our first team is already fully roostered or whatever we have to say now. And I think it will include Rangel/Naughton at RB and Britton covering/rotating Cork, unless the cover is bought there, but I don't think it will be - it will be forward/wing.

Or maybe another goalkeeper.....

I'm never right mind, although not in the Daps/TDH league.

It all points to something quite dramatic happening, I'm pinning my hopes on another huw smoke and mirrors unveiling of some key signings .

Fingers crossed for something special not underwelming.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 14:37 - Jul 26 with 2241 viewsSenhin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:39 - Jul 25 by monmouth

You never have to sell on a release clause being met. This is one that needs hardball. Like when Suarez was creating when Liverpool wouldn't sell him to Arsenal for £50,000,001. We gave Ayew shedloads to come here, he needs to stay for another season if thats what we want. Someone needs to explain that to his agent in no uncertain terms.

Unless of course we promised he could go as part of the acquisition...

Yes you do... That's the whole point in them.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 14:40 - Jul 26 with 2225 viewsgiantstoneater

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:40 - Jul 25 by icecoldjack

It all points to something quite dramatic happening, I'm pinning my hopes on another huw smoke and mirrors unveiling of some key signings .

Fingers crossed for something special not underwelming.

Smoke and mirrors works for outgoing transfers as well, Allen and Wilf appeared to be our main targets but one of them has gone with Pritchard muted as a plan b option even though he is a winger if you believe press reports, we have a full complement of wingers and keepers yet we signed another keeper why? We have let our three main strikers go leaving Mcburnie, Emnes and the want away Ayeuw as our strike force surely we cannot let him leave no matter how big the fee and I wonder what Siggy feels on this apparent lack of ambition. Our transfer policy for this season looks to be in tatters so HJ needs to pull More than one rabbit out of the hat or his ever depleting fan base will be even smaller personally I have no faith in him or the Yanks.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:40 - Jul 26 with 2136 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 14:37 - Jul 26 by Senhin

Yes you do... That's the whole point in them.

No it isn't.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:44 - Jul 26 with 2125 viewslondonlisa2001

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:40 - Jul 26 by monmouth

No it isn't.

Depends on the wording Mon - some are genuine release clauses (Joe Allen's to Liverpool was for example, albeit limited to specified clubs I think). Others are 'talk to' clauses, designed that the player has to put in a transfer request he wants to go (thus forfeiting bonuses etc).Thats why Gomis didn't go a year or so ago - he would have forfeited his signing bonus which he didn't realise until late on which is why he stayed apparently.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:55 - Jul 26 with 2104 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:44 - Jul 26 by londonlisa2001

Depends on the wording Mon - some are genuine release clauses (Joe Allen's to Liverpool was for example, albeit limited to specified clubs I think). Others are 'talk to' clauses, designed that the player has to put in a transfer request he wants to go (thus forfeiting bonuses etc).Thats why Gomis didn't go a year or so ago - he would have forfeited his signing bonus which he didn't realise until late on which is why he stayed apparently.

Aye that's what I meant by the last sentence, but if Ayew had one of the 'must release' clauses (like Andros Townsend) he'd surely be gone already as it would have been a relatively low one compared to his current press profile. 'Talk-to' clauses are the norm I thought,, but in the normal course of events they'd expect the player to leave as you don't want an unhappy player. So the player still gets his way. In this case though I think we should tell him to lump it. Named clubs could be a different matter...hasn't he always claimed to be a Liverpool fan, or is that someone else?

We'll soon see anyway I suppose.

Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:03 - Jul 26 with 2077 viewslondonlisa2001

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:55 - Jul 26 by monmouth

Aye that's what I meant by the last sentence, but if Ayew had one of the 'must release' clauses (like Andros Townsend) he'd surely be gone already as it would have been a relatively low one compared to his current press profile. 'Talk-to' clauses are the norm I thought,, but in the normal course of events they'd expect the player to leave as you don't want an unhappy player. So the player still gets his way. In this case though I think we should tell him to lump it. Named clubs could be a different matter...hasn't he always claimed to be a Liverpool fan, or is that someone else?

We'll soon see anyway I suppose.

Oh - I didn't realise that Ayew was supposed to have one.

If he has, it'll be the same as Gomis I suspect given they've the same agent (I think) and said agent didn't realise that Gomis' clause was not a release clause.

If Ayew had an actual release clause he'd have gone by now given the number of clubs his agent reckons want him ...
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:13 - Jul 26 with 1941 viewsAngelRangelQS

There must be a reason why the fee being discussed for Ayew is so low?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:21 - Jul 26 with 1935 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:13 - Jul 26 by AngelRangelQS

There must be a reason why the fee being discussed for Ayew is so low?

It does seem very odd. Maybe he does have a 'talk to' clause or a 'top 4' clause, but I'm sure his agent would be mouthing off to all and sundry. Perhaps they just think that's what he's worth?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:28 - Jul 26 with 1926 viewsAngelRangelQS

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:21 - Jul 26 by monmouth

It does seem very odd. Maybe he does have a 'talk to' clause or a 'top 4' clause, but I'm sure his agent would be mouthing off to all and sundry. Perhaps they just think that's what he's worth?

Or maybe we want his wages off the books?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:21 - Jul 27 with 1887 viewsdameedna

There are 3 players in the middle of our transfer decisions - Gomis, Ayew and Gylfi.
Until we know whether they are staying, it is not possible to make big signings in my view which suggests we can't chase signings like Joe Allen, Bony or Chadli until we know wjhat or wage structure is going to be.
We can make enquiries but firstly we need to know if our 3 highest earners are staying or not and inded do they want to stay.
I'd like Ayew and Gylfi to stay.
Gomis is not a bad back up for Ayew if we still have to pay 70% of Gomis wage.
It looks like Ayew or Gylfi need to leave if we want to sign big. Could be wrong.
Botom line is I see Gylfi and Ayew as top players.
Ayew is in his second season and could improve.
Still can't understand why we don't bring in Ayew's brother.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 06:27 - Jul 27 with 1800 viewshobo

In today's transfer market we should be looking at no less than £40m for players such as siggy and ayew
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:23 - Jul 28 with 1666 viewsSheffieldjack

It would be more than mad (if that's possible) to swap Ayew for Valencia as West Ham seem to be suggesting!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:42 - Jul 29 with 1540 viewsSheffieldjack

We would also be mad to accept a valuation of anything less than £30 million.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:06 - Aug 3 with 1419 viewsSheffieldjack

We are mad!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024