Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 28692 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:32 - May 18 with 2010 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:06 - May 18 by raynor94

game set and match, superb!

I still think we would be mad to sell Ayew. Even if we brought in a new, decent front man, who else in the current squad could replace him if he were injured? Gomis has been an unmitigated disaster, even worse than Eder who has been a waste of time and money.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 02:52 - May 18 with 1984 viewsGriffting

Ayew is a strange one. He is a typical "winger" of the modern age, the type that expects his fullback to provide the width. Payet, lallana, ozil (when he plays out wide), Sanchez, son and lamela etc they rarely provide the width and look to occupy the space between the centre backs and the fullbacks allowing for Clyne, rose, walker, bellerin etc to occupy the space on the wing in attack.
I would love to see him stay and for us to get better wing/full backs, personally. I don't think we're going to do that, though, so if he has to go to provide the money for Joey and wilf or players of that ilk to support the system then reluctantly I would let him go.
Not to Sunderland and for more than 10 mill, though.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 04:08 - May 18 with 1973 viewsdameedna

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 14:46 - May 17 by A_Fans_Dad

I would say that there is very little difference between Ayew and Sigi regarding skills, although they play differently they both put in a shift and have scored a similar amount of goals.
Ayew is probably more defensive minded and better at "attracting and making the most of" fouls.
Sigi is better with the dead ball and puts in more crosses.

There is more in Ayew s locker. Siggy is probably at his peak though you never xan tell for sure. If we lose both Siggy and Ayew I doubt we would survive. For that reason we must keep hold of both.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 04:28 - May 18 with 1970 viewsphact0rri

its sky news so I take it with a grain of salt when I hear words like "It is understood" but a few news sites are saying that we'd be prepared to slap on a £15m price tag on him. Bad bit of business if you ask me.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10286018/swansea-city-yet-to-receiv

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 05:48 - May 18 with 1958 viewsStarsky

If Ayew being sold funds the transfer to bring back Bony then we'll be a better team for it.
Siggy and Bony were telepathic at times

It's just the internet, init.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:43 - May 18 with 1900 viewsItchySphincter

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 05:48 - May 18 by Starsky

If Ayew being sold funds the transfer to bring back Bony then we'll be a better team for it.
Siggy and Bony were telepathic at times

Bony brings more to our game than Ayew and doesn't trip over the wingers either.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:57 - May 18 with 1853 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 04:28 - May 18 by phact0rri

its sky news so I take it with a grain of salt when I hear words like "It is understood" but a few news sites are saying that we'd be prepared to slap on a £15m price tag on him. Bad bit of business if you ask me.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10286018/swansea-city-yet-to-receiv

Bournemouth are insisting on no less than £20 million for their "striker" Callum Wilson who spent most of this season injured. If we would take £15 million for Ayew it indicates that we have no ambition and no sense.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:32 - May 18 with 1827 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:06 - May 18 by raynor94

game set and match, superb!

There he is, another clueless muppet!
Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:35 - May 18 with 1823 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:32 - May 18 by Jango

There he is, another clueless muppet!

Ah, come on mun, itchy tied you up in knots

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:41 - May 18 with 1820 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:56 - May 17 by Tim_Harry

Quick question(s) for those who don't rate Ayew as a striker:

What are his faults? What are we missing when he plays up front?

Ayew doesn't rate Ayew as a striker Tim, or at least he says it's not his preferred position. He reminds me of Michu in his liking to wander around. If he stays we have to find a way to utilise that more effectively.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:42 - May 18 with 1820 viewsLoyal

Enjoy the journey folks, there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Regardless.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:47 - May 18 with 1813 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

To slow for a winger .
He doesn't shine in a diamond .
His best performances have been up top.

£15 million +...... sell him use the money for a proper centre forward .

No big deal

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:55 - May 18 with 1801 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:35 - May 18 by raynor94

Ah, come on mun, itchy tied you up in knots

So a player who contributed more to the team than all of our attacking players put together bar siggy, even when played out of his favoured position, doesn't fit into our team and you agree? Yep clueless.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:01 - May 18 with 1794 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:41 - May 18 by monmouth

Ayew doesn't rate Ayew as a striker Tim, or at least he says it's not his preferred position. He reminds me of Michu in his liking to wander around. If he stays we have to find a way to utilise that more effectively.

Exactly. Arsenal utilise ozil and Sanchez, Spurs Eriksen, Liverpool Firmino, lallana, coutinho. West Ham Payet. You don't see their fans screaming for them to be sold because they don't hug the touch line. It's about finding a system and players to better suit these players. Not just ship them out and make do with worse.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:13 - May 18 with 1771 viewsjasper_T

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:57 - May 18 by Sheffieldjack

Bournemouth are insisting on no less than £20 million for their "striker" Callum Wilson who spent most of this season injured. If we would take £15 million for Ayew it indicates that we have no ambition and no sense.

Ayew's wages are 3-4x higher than Wilson's.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:13 - May 18 with 1765 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:01 - May 18 by Jango

Exactly. Arsenal utilise ozil and Sanchez, Spurs Eriksen, Liverpool Firmino, lallana, coutinho. West Ham Payet. You don't see their fans screaming for them to be sold because they don't hug the touch line. It's about finding a system and players to better suit these players. Not just ship them out and make do with worse.

Well, let's see what Guidolin decides, and with respect the players you mention all are dominant figures in their team, something Ayew is not, if we are offered 15 million and can have Bony back I'd take it

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:16 - May 18 with 1763 viewsjasper_T

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:43 - May 17 by hobo

Every club in the PL would want Ayew in their squad. Only 9 or 10 could afford him

Nonsense. Not good enough for Arsenal, Chelsea, City, or Spurs, and wouldn't get into the Liverpool, West Ham or Leicester teams. At a push Southampton or United might be able to use him.

And everyone can afford him now.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:25 - May 18 with 1754 viewsSwansea93

Sell Ayew 15m bring in Bony, Townsend and Allen happy days.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:30 - May 18 with 1736 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:13 - May 18 by raynor94

Well, let's see what Guidolin decides, and with respect the players you mention all are dominant figures in their team, something Ayew is not, if we are offered 15 million and can have Bony back I'd take it

I believe that to be the best overall solution for us too, should it be an option.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:39 - May 18 with 1730 viewsDafyddHuw

You'd think we'd be looking to strengthen our squad, not weaken it.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:40 - May 18 with 1727 viewsjasper_T

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:25 - May 18 by Swansea93

Sell Ayew 15m bring in Bony, Townsend and Allen happy days.

Townsend has an £8m release clause but matching his £80k a week wouldn't be worth it.

I still don't rate him. He's just having a purple patch ahead of the euros.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:00 - May 18 with 1699 viewsItchySphincter

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:01 - May 18 by Jango

It's about having the right players to suit the system you want to play.

Have you taken your Valium this morning?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:24 - May 18 with 1673 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 09:55 - May 18 by Jango

So a player who contributed more to the team than all of our attacking players put together bar siggy, even when played out of his favoured position, doesn't fit into our team and you agree? Yep clueless.

our problem last season was not scoring enough goals.
Despite his goal tally, he was part of the problem.

It's just the internet, init.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:27 - May 18 with 1669 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:00 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

It's about having the right players to suit the system you want to play.

Have you taken your Valium this morning?

The system the coaches want to play or the system you want to play? we've just had the best finish to a season since being in the league with Ayew very much one of the star performers.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:40 - May 18 with 1649 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:27 - May 18 by Jango

The system the coaches want to play or the system you want to play? we've just had the best finish to a season since being in the league with Ayew very much one of the star performers.

Yes his goals were a grateful addition, but to call him a star performer is stretching it a tad, as I said let's see what Guidolin decides on him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024