Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 29095 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:38 - May 18 with 2037 viewsshandyjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:40 - May 18 by raynor94

Yes his goals were a grateful addition, but to call him a star performer is stretching it a tad, as I said let's see what Guidolin decides on him

would it really be down to FG though, think if we have a bid of £15m plus he won't be part of the decision making on wether to accept it or not

Poll: Expectation for the season

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:48 - May 18 with 2021 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:13 - May 18 by jasper_T

Ayew's wages are 3-4x higher than Wilson's.

Only because he had no transfer fee, like Gomis.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 13:45 - May 18 with 1974 viewsItchySphincter

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 11:27 - May 18 by Jango

The system the coaches want to play or the system you want to play? we've just had the best finish to a season since being in the league with Ayew very much one of the star performers.

Yup, you definitely haven't seen us play. Fair enough.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:06 - May 18 with 1922 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 13:45 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

Yup, you definitely haven't seen us play. Fair enough.

Motm against Liverpool grabbing 2 goals. 1 goal
And 1 assist against West Ham! A goal man city! Just pure luck and he played garbage! Let's just play routledge and Marvin emnes instead because they try hard.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:22 - May 18 with 1906 viewsjasper_T

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:06 - May 18 by Jango

And 1 assist against West Ham! A goal man city! Just pure luck and he played garbage! Let's just play routledge and Marvin emnes instead because they try hard.

You saw his goal against City, right?

You saw the reserves Liverpool put out?

It was harder to miss against West Ham than score (not that some of our players haven't managed that this season).

He's an average player.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:23 - May 18 with 1905 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:06 - May 18 by Jango

The Man City goal was pure luck!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:43 - May 18 with 1885 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:22 - May 18 by jasper_T

You saw his goal against City, right?

You saw the reserves Liverpool put out?

It was harder to miss against West Ham than score (not that some of our players haven't managed that this season).

He's an average player.

The city deflection that had joe hart scrambling over to the other side of his goal meaning the goal was open?

The Liverpool reserves that beat Bournemouth the week before consisting of skrtl, Clyde, Lovren, coutinho, Sturridge, benteke?

The West Ham goal where he was in the position to score which our other attacking players aren't capable of?

I dread to think what your opinion of routledge, montero, Barrow and emnes is.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:51 - May 18 with 1862 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:43 - May 18 by Jango

The city deflection that had joe hart scrambling over to the other side of his goal meaning the goal was open?

The Liverpool reserves that beat Bournemouth the week before consisting of skrtl, Clyde, Lovren, coutinho, Sturridge, benteke?

The West Ham goal where he was in the position to score which our other attacking players aren't capable of?

I dread to think what your opinion of routledge, montero, Barrow and emnes is.

You seem to be in the minority Jango

Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:23 - May 18 with 1833 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:51 - May 18 by raynor94

You seem to be in the minority Jango

I dunno mind, there seem to be a number of premier league managers who agree with me, including our own
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:52 - May 18 with 1804 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:23 - May 18 by Jango

I dunno mind, there seem to be a number of premier league managers who agree with me, including our own

Does he? I think Ayew is a tidy player, but certainly wouldn't shed tears if he left, I think someone like Redmond would be a better fit

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:54 - May 18 with 1803 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:23 - May 18 by Jango

Respectfully Jango...
Swans in the Premier have always been more of a team than star individuals.
If you recall, QPR spent a load of money on big names. Newcastle have done the same this year and it usually ends up in failure.
Look at 3 of our star players, who on the face of it, could be contribute greatly to us staying up. Ayew and Ash Williams, and Shelvey. Ash on occasion has been a rock. Ayew on occasion has scored some important goals. Shelvey has an eye for a pass and can score goals.
1: Shelvey left and suddenly Siggy blossomed.
2: Ash gets rested and suddenly Amat with Fernandez are looking good.
3: Ayew himself says he's not a striker and he's not fast enough for a winger. The only position we can play him is in the hole. And we've got Siggy for that.

Our midfield has improved since Shelvey left. Maybe the crappy set piece defending is caused by Ash shouting instructions to the rest of the defence? He's a powerful personality for sure. The defence looked a little more at ease while he's rested.
Same for Ayew. He will always score goals for Swansea but we'll probably continue to be one of the leagues lowest scorers only.
I'd sell Ash to Arsenal, Ayew to Liverpool and buy another Spanish centre half to mix it up with Amat and Fede. Then buy a striker who does fit our system. Bony?

It's just the internet, init.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:04 - May 18 with 1785 viewsblaine_scfc

My only concern about Ayew is the same as someone else posted above, he doesn't want to play as a striker. Doesn't suit our style on the wing and makes us unbalanced.

I'm a big fan of him up tops, think he will get us 15 goals consistently which is hard to come by. You can never believe everything you read, but selling players the calibre of Ayew and to be signing players the calibre of someone like Junior Hoilett would be poor.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 17:04]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:04 - May 18 with 1781 viewsItchySphincter

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:54 - May 18 by Starsky

Respectfully Jango...
If you recall, QPR spent a load of money on big names. Newcastle have done the same this year and it usually ends up in failure.
Look at 3 of our star players, who on the face of it, could be contribute greatly to us staying up. Ayew and Ash Williams, and Shelvey. Ash on occasion has been a rock. Ayew on occasion has scored some important goals. Shelvey has an eye for a pass and can score goals.
3: Ayew himself says he's not a striker and he's not fast enough for a winger. The only position we can play him is in the hole. And we've got Siggy for that.

Our midfield has improved since Shelvey left. Maybe the crappy set piece defending is caused by Ash shouting instructions to the rest of the defence? He's a powerful personality for sure. The defence looked a little more at ease while he's rested.
Same for Ayew. He will always score goals for Swansea but we'll probably continue to be one of the leagues lowest scorers only.
I'd sell Ash to Arsenal, Ayew to Liverpool and buy another Spanish centre half to mix it up with Amat and Fede. Then buy a striker who does fit our system. Bony?

True dat.

...and Gylfi's a much better player.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:33 - May 18 with 1755 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:54 - May 18 by Starsky

Respectfully Jango...

Ayew has played wide all his career, not of an inside forward than a winger tho. Problem with that though is that you need a decent striker to hold the ball up and bring them into play and good attacking wing backs that can cover the line, we've had none of those this season and it seems to me that ayew has taken the flack for the inability of others. There's plenty of successful teams this season who played with out out and out wingers. As Raynor said, let's see what Guidolon does this summer.

Let's not forget also that he has a signing on fee that is paid in instalments with his wages, so any fee we get, ie £15million. Potentially £5-£10milkion of that may be owed straight to ayew leaving us with not a lot. If that's the case then I can't see Jenkins splashing £15-£20milkion on bony. He's already spent £8million on a striker in January.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:49 - May 18 with 1733 viewsmonmouth

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:33 - May 18 by Jango

Ayew has played wide all his career, not of an inside forward than a winger tho. Problem with that though is that you need a decent striker to hold the ball up and bring them into play and good attacking wing backs that can cover the line, we've had none of those this season and it seems to me that ayew has taken the flack for the inability of others. There's plenty of successful teams this season who played with out out and out wingers. As Raynor said, let's see what Guidolon does this summer.

Let's not forget also that he has a signing on fee that is paid in instalments with his wages, so any fee we get, ie £15million. Potentially £5-£10milkion of that may be owed straight to ayew leaving us with not a lot. If that's the case then I can't see Jenkins splashing £15-£20milkion on bony. He's already spent £8million on a striker in January.

So, and I'm not trying to wind you up, you really are saying he doesn't fit into our team as it is then. So square peg round hole as far as last season was concerned is entirely apposite, no?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:27 - May 18 with 1711 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:49 - May 18 by monmouth

So, and I'm not trying to wind you up, you really are saying he doesn't fit into our team as it is then. So square peg round hole as far as last season was concerned is entirely apposite, no?

No what I'm saying is, just because he's playing the wide role doesn't mean he has to hug the touch line like an out and out winger! There's loads of teams that don't play this system but for some reason our fans insist that is what a wide player has to do. People saying he goes missing when I don't think this is the case, it's more a case of not having the fullbacks capable of doing the job. People seem to think that because we are Swansea we have to play the same system as we played under Rodgers and Martinez.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:39 - May 18 with 1702 viewsItchySphincter

...cos that never worked for us.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:14 - May 18 with 1674 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:39 - May 18 by ItchySphincter

...cos that never worked for us.

It did back then. Different players and different manager. Move on
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:43 - May 18 with 1654 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:27 - May 18 by Jango

No what I'm saying is, just because he's playing the wide role doesn't mean he has to hug the touch line like an out and out winger! There's loads of teams that don't play this system but for some reason our fans insist that is what a wide player has to do. People saying he goes missing when I don't think this is the case, it's more a case of not having the fullbacks capable of doing the job. People seem to think that because we are Swansea we have to play the same system as we played under Rodgers and Martinez.

Risible. The touch line Ayew "hugs" is usually 100 yards long and 50 yards wide.

I used to wonder whether he had ever learned the concept of team play, or simply prefers to go it alone, but I did see him during the Liverpool game indicate that he does understand it, and displayed it when he scored two.

I was truly impressed by the interplay between Gylfi and him in that game., but that was an exception.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:52 - May 18 with 1630 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:43 - May 18 by Davillin

Risible. The touch line Ayew "hugs" is usually 100 yards long and 50 yards wide.

I used to wonder whether he had ever learned the concept of team play, or simply prefers to go it alone, but I did see him during the Liverpool game indicate that he does understand it, and displayed it when he scored two.

I was truly impressed by the interplay between Gylfi and him in that game., but that was an exception.

You keep saying he's not a team player and always out of position, even comparing him to Shelley. but has it occurred that he's been given that free role? Surely he would have been dropped at some point or even sold, as was shelvey.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:02 - May 18 with 1616 viewsdameedna

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:52 - May 18 by Jango

You keep saying he's not a team player and always out of position, even comparing him to Shelley. but has it occurred that he's been given that free role? Surely he would have been dropped at some point or even sold, as was shelvey.

One of our problems is Gylfi does not pass the ball to Ayew when in good positions. Ayew sets up Gylfi on the edge better than vise versa.
Gylfi Hasn't linked well with Gomis or Paloschi either who like to run on.
Gylfi cant play deep midfield as he gives the ball away too often and can't play wide as not fast enough any more but same goes for Cork so he is not alone.
Gylfi is Not very good as a striker either bit lost in a lot of roles.
It would be good to see Gylfi rested and give Ayew some time in the hole.
If Gomis has to stay we might see a 10 million pound striker find the net.
Gylfi linked well with Bony but not sure we want Bony back as I think Guidolin should move on.
Gylfi could not get in the Spurs team.
If we keep Gomis Ayew and Paloschi they could form an attack without Gylfi.
There is obvious quality in all 4 players and clearly I can be pulled up for criticising Gylfi who does what he does.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 22:06]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:09 - May 18 with 1604 viewsblaine_scfc

Anyone who compares Ayew to Shelvey, is not worth responding too.

As a matter of fact, anyone who thinks Ayew isn't a team player, is also not worth the time it takes to respond.

Valid points about him not suiting our style of play etc, but Ayew puts the work in, that can't be doubted.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:23 - May 18 with 1587 viewsStarsky

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:02 - May 18 by dameedna

One of our problems is Gylfi does not pass the ball to Ayew when in good positions. Ayew sets up Gylfi on the edge better than vise versa.
Gylfi Hasn't linked well with Gomis or Paloschi either who like to run on.
Gylfi cant play deep midfield as he gives the ball away too often and can't play wide as not fast enough any more but same goes for Cork so he is not alone.
Gylfi is Not very good as a striker either bit lost in a lot of roles.
It would be good to see Gylfi rested and give Ayew some time in the hole.
If Gomis has to stay we might see a 10 million pound striker find the net.
Gylfi linked well with Bony but not sure we want Bony back as I think Guidolin should move on.
Gylfi could not get in the Spurs team.
If we keep Gomis Ayew and Paloschi they could form an attack without Gylfi.
There is obvious quality in all 4 players and clearly I can be pulled up for criticising Gylfi who does what he does.
[Post edited 18 May 2016 22:06]

Disagree. You're being very hard on Siggy there.

It's just the internet, init.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:22 - May 19 with 1522 viewsDavillin

Not only has it not "occurred" to me that he's been "given that free role" [real, intelligent, and experienced managers don't do that], but also neither has "Surely he would have been dropped at some point or even sold, as was Shelvey."

"Occurring to" someone doesn't make it fact, nor does beginning a guess with "surely."

I try to deal in solid and objective observations, not guesses and imagination.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 01:32 - May 19 with 1513 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:09 - May 18 by blaine_scfc

Anyone who compares Ayew to Shelvey, is not worth responding too.

As a matter of fact, anyone who thinks Ayew isn't a team player, is also not worth the time it takes to respond.

Valid points about him not suiting our style of play etc, but Ayew puts the work in, that can't be doubted.

Anyone who thinks comparing Ayew with Shelvey is "not worth responding to" is noy worth responding to.

Anyone who thinks that anyone who thinks Ayew is not a team player is not worth the time it takes to respond is not worth the time it takes to respond.

The notion that "Ayew puts the work in" can't be doubted can easily be doubted. Disproven, really.

You appear to believe that anyone who doesn't see things as you see them is not worth responding to, but anyone who believes what you believe is less worth responding to.

There, you responded to my opinions after saying I wasn't worth responding to, so I followed your lead.

Except that saying that someone is not worth responding to is not worth the space it takes up. Give factual reasons, not bland dismissals.
[Post edited 19 May 2016 1:34]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024