Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We would be mad to move Ayew on. 13:34 - May 17 with 29034 viewsSheffieldjack

There are many news outlets indicating that whether or not we keep Andre Ayew next season is down to Huw Jenkins. I think it would be madness to move our top scorer on. Surely a better option would be to keep him for at least one more season and perhaps bring in his brother, Jordan, as a further attacking option!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:57 - May 21 with 2148 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:51 - May 21 by Starsky

You keep saying our top scorer. That doesn't mean anything if the side didn't score enough to goals all season. We nearly went down because of it.

We nearly went down because ayew was our top goalscorer? Are you really suggesting that the lack of team goals was down him? Not the fact we have others wingers who can't score or assist? No creative midfielders other than siggy and no defenders who can chip in with goals? We scored 4 goals less than the season before where finished 8th. We also conceded more, is that Ayews fault also?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:58 - May 21 with 2143 viewsdobjack2

I expect Ayew to push for a move through his agent.

BFS would be interested in a cut price deal, which won't happen, but newspaper rumours of his interest may attract interest from other clubs if they think we will do a deal at a price they will pay.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 13:03 - May 21 with 2147 viewsdameedna

15 mill cash and he's gone

Same goes for the Gyklf

Personallt think Ayew is the better addition to a top 6 club

Siggy started 26 games for Spurs and played wing a few times.

I don't think he will leave if he can pick his head up and siggy gets told to play him in mire often he'll get better next season.

He is no superstar he is a team player.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 13:04]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 13:04 - May 21 with 2146 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:55 - May 21 by monmouth

You seem obsessed with him Jangs? He's no superstar. Even he says he diesn't normally get near as many as 12 goals, so I doubt he'll do that again next year.

I'm happy enough if he stays but if he goes for a decent wedge, I don't see anty reason at all why we can't get an equal or better player and fit for the team. He would probably do better elsewhere too (not Sundo though). Sometimes that's just the way it is. Danny Graham scored 12 goals but I wouldn't have him back now. Jonjo Shonkey/Pouty Frog scored the 'goals that kept us up' last season but I don't want either next season.

Not an obsession mate, just common sense. We didn't score enough goals last year so people wanna take 25% of the goals out of the team in the hope that we get someone in to do better. Bare in mind he contributed to at least 15 goals. So even if we replace him with someone who scores 15 goals, which is a tough ask, then we've stood still. And to suggest names like Redmond who's done nothing at Norwich is alarming.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:41 - May 21 with 2071 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:24 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

That's like the old Monty Python sketch about the Romans. Without his and Gylfi's goals we'd be sunk -end of.
Ask Villa, Newcastle and Norwich would they have like a player to chip in with 12 goals when he's not even a striker.
He also had a fairly lean period for a few months. If he'd been on song consistently in front of goal, he'd have scored 20+ - not bad for a player who himself admits he is not a striker

You wrote, "If he'd been on song consistently in front of goal, he'd have scored 20+. . . ." But he wasn't and didn't.

Neither football nor life work on "The 'If' Principle." You're a smart person, so I'd have guessed you already knew that.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 15:52 - May 21 with 2062 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:06 - May 21 by Starsky

Feck off Swanee.

You are too likeable.

I've been trying win an argument here all week and you're not helping.

O.K., Starsky, I give up! You win! I'm vanquished argument-wise.

[There! I hope that helped.]

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:04 - May 21 with 2051 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 12:51 - May 21 by Starsky

You keep saying our top scorer. That doesn't mean anything if the side didn't score enough to goals all season. We nearly went down because of it.

Right again, Starsky.

May I add that Aston Villa had a top scorer this season. As did Norwich. As did Newcastle.

[I have been a Swans supporter for 20 years or so, and I can't remember a single season where we have not had a group of fans who believe that scoring goals is the definition of success for a player -- in either scoring or not scoring.]

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:34 - May 21 with 2022 viewsStarsky

And the beat goes on...
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Manchester-united-keeping-tabs

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 17:06 - May 21 with 2008 viewsGriffting

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:18 - May 21 by EasternJack

The actual stats probably help explain the conundrum (and the 8 pages so far) on this guy.

Doesn't contribute much - except for his goals - which clearly can't be ignored. Maybe FG can get him to be more of a team player.

On a side note - if only FG can get Jeff to score.....
[Post edited 21 May 2016 8:23]

One thing that strikes me about that graph is we need bring in a winger/right sided attacking playmaker who can provide more assists and get a goal himself.

My last words on this. Starsky, I get what you're saying (it's not exactly rocket science that you want to sell Ayew and bring in someone who 'suits the team' better with the funds), that's your opinion and that's fine. I wouldn't actually mind Ayew leaving if he absolutely wants to go (no player is more important than the team) but I just don't feel confident in what the board will replace him with.

What I think/hope we will do is bring in a striker and keep Ayew. Ayew will play on his more natural left in competition with Montero. Ayew will then play infront of an attacking full back in Kingsley who will hopefully push up and provide width when Ayew goes inside. Hopefully, we will also bring a right winger in to supply and chip in with goals as well.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:29 - May 21 with 1971 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 16:04 - May 21 by Davillin

Right again, Starsky.

May I add that Aston Villa had a top scorer this season. As did Norwich. As did Newcastle.

[I have been a Swans supporter for 20 years or so, and I can't remember a single season where we have not had a group of fans who believe that scoring goals is the definition of success for a player -- in either scoring or not scoring.]

Yes because a player coming in, being asked to play about 4 different positions, being 11th top goalscorer in the whole league in his first season is the definition of a poor season.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:56 - May 21 with 1955 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:29 - May 21 by Jango

Yes because a player coming in, being asked to play about 4 different positions, being 11th top goalscorer in the whole league in his first season is the definition of a poor season.

Few things annoy me, but putting words in my mouth [or into a PlanetSwans post] does.

You're wrong when you say that Ayew was the best striker in the Premier League this year because he had 21 goals.

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:21 - May 21 with 1945 viewsJango

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:56 - May 21 by Davillin

Few things annoy me, but putting words in my mouth [or into a PlanetSwans post] does.

You're wrong when you say that Ayew was the best striker in the Premier League this year because he had 21 goals.

Yet it's ok for you to claim that I think his seasons a success just because he's scored goals. I'll tell you what I think is the definition of a successful season..

First season at a club, being club top goalscorer, being 11th top goalscorer in the league. Winning 2 of Swansea's player of the month awards. Winning the Barclays premier league player of the month award for September. All this while playing in a number of positions to benefit the team.

If you think that is not a successful season then there is no hope of pleasing you.

And you do think he's had a poor season, you've done nothing but knock him all thread.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 19:59]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:40 - May 21 with 1936 viewsDavillin

.. -. -.. - .... .. ... - .... .-. . .- -.. -. --- .--

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:43 - May 21 with 1902 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:40 - May 21 by Davillin

.. -. -.. - .... .. ... - .... .-. . .- -.. -. --- .--

Has something gone wrong with your computer?
[Post edited 21 May 2016 22:53]
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 21:07 - May 21 with 1890 viewsDavillin

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 20:43 - May 21 by Sheffieldjack

Has something gone wrong with your computer?
[Post edited 21 May 2016 22:53]

-.-- . ,,, .-.-.- .--. .-.. .- -. . - ... .--- .- -. ... .-.-.-

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 21:12 - May 21 with 1885 viewsdobjack2

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 19:21 - May 21 by Jango

Yet it's ok for you to claim that I think his seasons a success just because he's scored goals. I'll tell you what I think is the definition of a successful season..

First season at a club, being club top goalscorer, being 11th top goalscorer in the league. Winning 2 of Swansea's player of the month awards. Winning the Barclays premier league player of the month award for September. All this while playing in a number of positions to benefit the team.

If you think that is not a successful season then there is no hope of pleasing you.

And you do think he's had a poor season, you've done nothing but knock him all thread.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 19:59]

Curates egg of a season for me just like most of his team mates.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:52 - May 22 with 1814 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 21:07 - May 21 by Davillin

-.-- . ,,, .-.-.- .--. .-.. .- -. . - ... .--- .- -. ... .-.-.-

Pacman Alert !
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:04 - May 22 with 1785 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 08:52 - May 22 by SwaneeRiver

Pacman Alert !

I don't know about a "Pacman alert" but we certainly need an alert against signing cast-off Championship players!
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:33 - May 22 with 1694 viewsLandore_Jack

He's publicising himself well. Must be desperate for a move.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10291185/swansea-forward-andre-ayew
[Post edited 22 May 2016 23:14]

#backtojack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:42 - May 22 with 1676 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 10:04 - May 22 by Sheffieldjack

I don't know about a "Pacman alert" but we certainly need an alert against signing cast-off Championship players!

Leicester were lucky they ignored the alert

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:55 - May 22 with 1581 viewsSheffieldjack

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:42 - May 22 by raynor94

Leicester were lucky they ignored the alert

There's a difference between Championship players who have potential - which a good manager or coach can see and develop - and Championship cast-offs who have consistently demonstrated that they just can't cut the mustard.
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:08 - May 22 with 1556 viewsLoyal

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 18:33 - May 22 by Landore_Jack

He's publicising himself well. Must be desperate for a move.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11731/10291185/swansea-forward-andre-ayew
[Post edited 22 May 2016 23:14]

Legend in his own mind, he simply is at the best level he can be at. If someone is daft enough to sign him and grant him his wish we should fleece them because they are as daft as he is.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:34 - May 23 with 1504 viewsraynor94

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 22:55 - May 22 by Sheffieldjack

There's a difference between Championship players who have potential - which a good manager or coach can see and develop - and Championship cast-offs who have consistently demonstrated that they just can't cut the mustard.

Danny Simpson and Wes Morgan, what would yo have said if we were linked to them last summer?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:10 - May 23 with 1470 viewsdobjack2

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 00:34 - May 23 by raynor94

Danny Simpson and Wes Morgan, what would yo have said if we were linked to them last summer?

Not a lot.

The key is getting in players that fit our style of play and improve the team and not just getting in players however much they cost for the sake of getting in players.

Ranieri's tactics got the best out of the squad that he had and the players played to his game plan.

Would Morgan and Simpson fit into our tactics?
We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 07:33 - May 23 with 1452 viewsSwaneeRiver

We would be mad to move Ayew on. on 23:08 - May 22 by Loyal

Legend in his own mind, he simply is at the best level he can be at. If someone is daft enough to sign him and grant him his wish we should fleece them because they are as daft as he is.

In today's market £15 million (which is the figure mooted on some media sources) is hardly fleecing them.
if we are going to sell him, then £20-£25 million is much better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024