Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brodge to Celtic 17:13 - May 20 with 6802 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brodge to Celtic on 20:03 - May 20 with 2145 viewsDarran

I think I've said once or twice in the past that I f*cking detest the Glasgow 2 but I don't see this as a bad job for Brodge,win a couple of trophies and he'll be revered like a God up there.

Brodge to Celtic on 20:21 - May 20 with 2115 viewsNeathJack

Brodge to Celtic on 20:03 - May 20 by Darran

I think I've said once or twice in the past that I f*cking detest the Glasgow 2 but I don't see this as a bad job for Brodge,win a couple of trophies and he'll be revered like a God up there.

Good place for a bit of career rehabilitation. A couple of titles and he'll be back in the PL at a decent sized club no doubt.
Brodge to Celtic on 20:22 - May 20 with 2114 viewsDarran

Brodge to Celtic on 20:21 - May 20 by NeathJack

Good place for a bit of career rehabilitation. A couple of titles and he'll be back in the PL at a decent sized club no doubt.

Exactly.

Brodge to Celtic on 21:40 - May 20 with 2005 viewsKilkennyjack

Brodge is a Celtic man to his boots, ...... And if you know your history ......its enough to make your heart grow ......... 🍀⚽️

Beware of the Risen People

Brodge to Celtic on 21:57 - May 20 with 1963 viewsSwanjaxs

.... fcuk the rangers 🍀🍀🍀

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Brodge to Celtic on 22:10 - May 20 with 1952 viewsDarran

Brodge to Celtic on 21:57 - May 20 by Swanjaxs

.... fcuk the rangers 🍀🍀🍀

F*ck Celtc too but that's not the point.

Brodge to Celtic on 22:50 - May 20 with 1907 viewsWarwickHunt

Brodge to Celtic on 21:40 - May 20 by Kilkennyjack

Brodge is a Celtic man to his boots, ...... And if you know your history ......its enough to make your heart grow ......... 🍀⚽️

An enlarged heart isn't a good thing.
Brodge to Celtic on 22:56 - May 20 with 1892 viewsDyfnant

Showing a lack of belief in himself, the sacking clearly hit him hard.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Brodge to Celtic on 07:29 - May 21 with 1777 viewsSwaneeRiver

At least he'll recognise a couple of their songs in YNWA and Fields of Athenry.
Best of luck to him anyway.
I hope he succeeds
Brodge to Celtic on 07:31 - May 21 with 1775 viewsSwaneeRiver

Brodge to Celtic on 17:42 - May 20 by jojaca

I am disappointed for him, even though most of his family are Celtic supporters. I still think he had more to give in the Premiership. This career move is about three steps backwards. I would rather manage a Championship club than go to Scottish football.

With Rangers back in their "Big League" Celtic will have some decent opposition.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the Premiership in a few seasons.
Brodge to Celtic on 08:20 - May 21 with 1754 viewsPhil_S

Brodge to Celtic on 07:31 - May 21 by SwaneeRiver

With Rangers back in their "Big League" Celtic will have some decent opposition.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the Premiership in a few seasons.

OK let me say this bit first to add some context to the second part of this post. Brendan was a superb manager of this football club and will never be forgotten for leading us into the Premier League

I have to say though I am massively surprised at the Sky coverage of this appointment. You have average Celtic players claiming this is a massive coup and a statement of ambition for the club. Brendan is a former manager of Reading, Watford and Swansea. Would their view be the same if he hadnt had a three and a bit year stint at Liverpool where he was hailed as taking the club backwards as soon as their world class player left.

A two horse race at best in a division that has died alot in the past 5 years and at a club where the fanbase has slowly dwindled away, I think that says more about the ambition of Brendan rather than Celtic at this point.

Must admit this one has surprised me
Brodge to Celtic on 08:26 - May 21 with 1742 viewsJohnw102

Joe Allen his first signing?

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Brodge to Celtic on 08:29 - May 21 with 1735 viewsfbreath

Also why the 12 month rolling contract. Who doesn't have faith in who. Or has he been told by Huw that if Guidolin doesn't work out the job will be his in 12 months

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Brodge to Celtic on 08:30 - May 21 with 1734 viewsSwaneeRiver

Brodge to Celtic on 08:20 - May 21 by Phil_S

OK let me say this bit first to add some context to the second part of this post. Brendan was a superb manager of this football club and will never be forgotten for leading us into the Premier League

I have to say though I am massively surprised at the Sky coverage of this appointment. You have average Celtic players claiming this is a massive coup and a statement of ambition for the club. Brendan is a former manager of Reading, Watford and Swansea. Would their view be the same if he hadnt had a three and a bit year stint at Liverpool where he was hailed as taking the club backwards as soon as their world class player left.

A two horse race at best in a division that has died alot in the past 5 years and at a club where the fanbase has slowly dwindled away, I think that says more about the ambition of Brendan rather than Celtic at this point.

Must admit this one has surprised me

Scotland's league is sad and as you say basically a two horse race.
TBH it would be great for them if they could join increased English League system (whilst still maintaining a team in the SPL as well) to give them some real competition every week.
Brodge to Celtic on 08:32 - May 21 with 1731 viewsairedale

Its a household name though, and if he hasn't been offered anything tasty elsewhere, why not?

Plus he has a personal affinity with the club.
Brodge to Celtic on 09:05 - May 21 with 1641 viewsmagicdaps10

I am not sure what to make of this move for Brendan.

Will be expected to win the league and will be seen as a given by most Celtic fans. Rangers being back up there does not mean it is going to be straightforward, infact it will be the hardest season for a few years for Celtic.

He is going to back himself 100% but if he fails up there then his managerial career will take a massive spiral.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Brodge to Celtic on 09:42 - May 21 with 1604 viewsDewi1jack

Brodge to Celtic on 08:26 - May 21 by Johnw102

Joe Allen his first signing?

With any luck it will be.
Can't believe the 'let's get all our ex players back' brigade.
They've wanted Brenda, Sinclair, JDG, Michu, Pablo, and Borini among others, now don't want them anywhere near us. Nobody clamouring for Bayo though.
Or is there????
Let's move forward and have faith in FG and his shopping list.
Just hope the Board feels the same way

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Brodge to Celtic on 09:58 - May 21 with 1581 viewsjack_lord

Brodge to Celtic on 09:42 - May 21 by Dewi1jack

With any luck it will be.
Can't believe the 'let's get all our ex players back' brigade.
They've wanted Brenda, Sinclair, JDG, Michu, Pablo, and Borini among others, now don't want them anywhere near us. Nobody clamouring for Bayo though.
Or is there????
Let's move forward and have faith in FG and his shopping list.
Just hope the Board feels the same way

To be honest, Joe is one player I would be really happy to have back.

On the Celtic thing being a two horse race though, are Rangers really going to come even close to challenging this season?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Brodge to Celtic on 10:00 - May 21 with 1578 viewsDr_Winston

Rodgers shouldn't have too much trouble winning the domestic crap with Celtic. It's how he gets on in Europe that'll decide if this is a good move or a bad move.

Regular good results in the Champions League will go a long way towards rehabilitating his reputation.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brodge to Celtic on 11:49 - May 23 with 1373 viewsfather_jack

at least him and martinez will be off our tv screens next season.

DRINK, FECK, GIRRRRLLSSS!

Brodge to Celtic on 07:23 - May 24 with 1190 viewsBorojack

Brodge to Celtic on 20:21 - May 20 by NeathJack

Well it didnt work out that way for Neil Lennon.
Bolton was his next stepping stone..

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Brodge to Celtic on 07:35 - May 24 with 1165 viewsDr_Winston

Brodge to Celtic on 07:23 - May 24 by Borojack

Well it didnt work out that way for Neil Lennon.
Bolton was his next stepping stone..

Neil Lennon is a moron.

Rodgers, for all his ego and toadying, isn't one of those.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Brodge to Celtic on 08:24 - May 24 with 1112 viewsDewi1jack

Brodge to Celtic on 11:49 - May 23 by father_jack

at least him and martinez will be off our tv screens next season.

The brown shoed Tapas waiter will be a Sky, BBC1, BT and Al Jazeera pundit next year, so you can see him every game.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Brodge to Celtic on 09:51 - May 24 with 1065 viewsscottishjack

He should do very well at Celtic, regardless of the opposition, and despite winning the league by 20 odd points again, they haven't been great for a few years.

Rangers are a couple of years away from challenging again, although they'll always give Celtic a game, Aberdeen and Hearts have made progress, but a £15 million budget and a decent manager should see Celtic blow the rest away for a year or two.

I can't wish him good luck at Celtic, but that's more to do with the team than him... Gutted he's gone there, but if he is half the manager that I think he is, he could achieve special things up there. It's not that long ago that Martin O'Neill took them to a European final, that's the standard that the fans will be hoping he can reach, I think he can do it...
Brodge to Celtic on 10:20 - May 24 with 1035 viewsEasternJack

Brodge to Celtic on 10:00 - May 21 by Dr_Winston

Rodgers shouldn't have too much trouble winning the domestic crap with Celtic. It's how he gets on in Europe that'll decide if this is a good move or a bad move.

Regular good results in the Champions League will go a long way towards rehabilitating his reputation.

This - and only this. Even then it's risky.

Everything else is a lose-lose as someone here has already stated. Win the domestic league/cups? So what, Celtic are expected to win those.

Lose to Rangers (and I reckon Warburton is an "oitstanding" manager who could do it next season) and he'll be hounded out as a scapegoat.

For Champions League - he really needs to qualify out of the group stages to get any sort of positive credit - or win the Europa through the backdoor. Even then it's marginal.

My view is that this is a strange move for Brendan. While I get that some don't rate him due to his Watford/Reading failure before us - what he did with us was tremendous. Both in promotion and more importantly the way he went about keeping us up that first season. I also think his time at Liverpool was underrated. Time will tell, but I don't think Klopp brings anything new. Another flat track bully who's being found out in a much more competitive league. On a side related note, I can't wait for Guardiloa at City next year - he won't know what's hit him with this league.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024