Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU 12:02 - May 21 with 14873 viewsjack_lord

Just so we can read the reasons and then can respond to each with valid facts to denounce or support each one of them.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:07 - May 21 with 1577 viewsdonkeylabour

Leaving the EU is illogical.

The single market is overwhelmingly in our interest.

If we leave we either have one of two options:

1) We set up our own deal which will mean we won't have access to single market which could mean tariffs and barriers to trade.

2) Or we sign up to single market and pay into it which means we'll have to abide by all the rules but won't have a say.

Basically without the question of free movevment it would be 75% plus staying in.

It's all about migrants, all this b.s about democracy. Behave.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:10 - May 21 with 1572 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Because Gove, Johnson, IDS, Farage and Donald Trump want us to leave and they're all such lovely chaps that we should do what they say.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:12 - May 21 with 1571 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:07 - May 21 by donkeylabour

1) We set up our own deal which will mean we won't have access to single market which could mean tariffs and barriers to trade.

2) Or we sign up to single market and pay into it which means we'll have to abide by all the rules but won't have a say.

Basically without the question of free movevment it would be 75% plus staying in.

Can't argue with this.

Poll: Tory leader

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:21 - May 21 with 1551 viewsmax936

Gideon is predictingi doom and gloom if we leave the EU in saying the house prices will drop by 18%, yet more spin from the Tories.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:23 - May 21 with 1542 viewsblueytheblue

Single trading bock, yes. Everything else, no.

Can't separate the two.

Well, EU could try to implement tariffs and borders. As the level of exports to the EU is dropping as a percentage of all exports year on year that's not exactly the scariest of threats.

The reality is, Britain is one of the stronger economies within Europe. Britain leaves, how long will Merkel survive as Germany have to subsidise others even more in our absence? So right now the EU needs Britain to remain. Knowing that, the absolutely pathetic deal given to Cameron shows the EU's distain for Britain. Want us to stay and subsidise other nations? At least throw us a freaking bone.

So you've the polls, the evidence to say 75% would stay in if it wasn't about free movement? Behave...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:23 - May 21 with 1542 viewsNeathJack

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:12 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Can't argue with this.

But would it really be in the EU's interest to put tariffs and trade barriers in place given the amount of goods etc purchased by the UK from Europe?
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:24 - May 21 with 1542 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:21 - May 21 by max936

Gideon is predictingi doom and gloom if we leave the EU in saying the house prices will drop by 18%, yet more spin from the Tories.

Osborne is a f*cking halfwit and every time he opens his mouth to make another prediction of doom if we leave he adds a few thousand to the Brexit vote. He should be locked up in the Treasury for the duration of the campaign.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:28 - May 21 with 1532 viewsdonkeylabour

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:10 - May 21 by Joe_bradshaw

Because Gove, Johnson, IDS, Farage and Donald Trump want us to leave and they're all such lovely chaps that we should do what they say.

It's like the plaid or SNP position.

In Wales on our own our deficit is around 24, yes 24%!!

If Scotland had a yes vote they'd have had a deficit similar to when Britain was at the height of the credit crunch around 12%.

Both those parties have hardcore supporters who will say, so what - nevermind at least we'd have our freedom (whatever that means) and to hell with the consequences i.e. real cuts, not the baby ones we've had so far more like Greece.

Overnight Scotland would have had to have implemented pay cuts in the public sector huge tax rises etc and they know that but will continue to lie, same for hardcore plaid.

It always makes me laugh when I hear people say we're one of the strongest economies and we could thrive outside. Before we joined the EU our economy was a basket case. "The sickman of Europe" - Europe needs reform but leaving the club? Madness in my eyes.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Login to get fewer ads

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:29 - May 21 with 1529 viewsmax936

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:24 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Osborne is a f*cking halfwit and every time he opens his mouth to make another prediction of doom if we leave he adds a few thousand to the Brexit vote. He should be locked up in the Treasury for the duration of the campaign.

I can think of a few others who should be keeping him company in there too and not to far from his doorstep

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:32 - May 21 with 1525 viewsKilkennyjack

True

Beware of the Risen People

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:37 - May 21 with 1522 viewsdonkeylabour

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:23 - May 21 by NeathJack

But would it really be in the EU's interest to put tariffs and trade barriers in place given the amount of goods etc purchased by the UK from Europe?

Probably not but logically if we became more protectionist in our approach, that would lead to the Germans/French etc becoming more protectionist. That's why the single market was enacted.

Our problem for a long time has been that we've been to compliant with EU legislation. But if we leave and start intervening more we'll inevitably face challenges in our export markets. We can't rely purely on domestic demand.

For instance people say 'use British steel' but it's not that simple there are huge varieties or steel and certain developments need particular steel. The key is innovation we can't beat people on cost, we could when we owned half the World it doesn't work like that anymore.

I don't see why we want to take a leap into the dark based on hypothetical scenarios.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:37 - May 21 with 1516 viewscontroversial_jack

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 14:49 - May 21 by longlostjack

Agree that some of the scare stories are OTT, but the Out campaign are just as bad by blaming all of Britain's ills on the EU and painting a wonderfully nostalgic picture of how Britain can be great again If only we left. That's also complete and utter bullshit.

Correct! The little Englander mentality is not relevant these days.
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:48 - May 21 with 1494 viewsjackonicko

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:23 - May 21 by blueytheblue

Single trading bock, yes. Everything else, no.

Can't separate the two.

Well, EU could try to implement tariffs and borders. As the level of exports to the EU is dropping as a percentage of all exports year on year that's not exactly the scariest of threats.

The reality is, Britain is one of the stronger economies within Europe. Britain leaves, how long will Merkel survive as Germany have to subsidise others even more in our absence? So right now the EU needs Britain to remain. Knowing that, the absolutely pathetic deal given to Cameron shows the EU's distain for Britain. Want us to stay and subsidise other nations? At least throw us a freaking bone.

So you've the polls, the evidence to say 75% would stay in if it wasn't about free movement? Behave...

I'm still siding with leave, and yet am generally in favour of more immigration not less.

Go figure.

The only good thing about the referendum debate thus far is the demonstration of both sides inability to predict what might happen next. House prices, immigration, world war 3, economic growth, balance of payments, inflation, population, currency, interest rates, trade deals, yawn yawn yawn. Both sides predict the opposite will happen on each subject and then still debate whether the other side of the argument is a bad thing even if it does happen.

We have a prime minister and a chancellor predicting Armageddon with absolute certainty following Brexit, hoping we don't remember that six months ago they had an open mind on whether to leave or remain. If it's Armageddon, why offer such a toxic thing as a referendum. Maybe they just trust the wisdom of crowds.

So, for me, it's a vote on values. Not predictions. My values don't agree with the trajectory of the EU. My values are steeped in freedom of choice, liberty, fiscal conservatism, a fair judiciary, democracy and accountabilty in those that govern us.

Oh, and it *would* be tremendously amusing.

Hence vote leave.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 15:50]
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:14 - May 21 with 1469 viewsDr_Winston

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:48 - May 21 by jackonicko

I'm still siding with leave, and yet am generally in favour of more immigration not less.

Go figure.

The only good thing about the referendum debate thus far is the demonstration of both sides inability to predict what might happen next. House prices, immigration, world war 3, economic growth, balance of payments, inflation, population, currency, interest rates, trade deals, yawn yawn yawn. Both sides predict the opposite will happen on each subject and then still debate whether the other side of the argument is a bad thing even if it does happen.

We have a prime minister and a chancellor predicting Armageddon with absolute certainty following Brexit, hoping we don't remember that six months ago they had an open mind on whether to leave or remain. If it's Armageddon, why offer such a toxic thing as a referendum. Maybe they just trust the wisdom of crowds.

So, for me, it's a vote on values. Not predictions. My values don't agree with the trajectory of the EU. My values are steeped in freedom of choice, liberty, fiscal conservatism, a fair judiciary, democracy and accountabilty in those that govern us.

Hence vote leave.

All the upvotes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:24 - May 21 with 1451 viewsmonmouth

Jacko's actually pitching well at my inner out.

Jump into the unknown, or more of the inexorable same shit. A lifetime of jumping blindly into risky choices says 'out'. There we are, job done, out it is for me then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:33 - May 21 with 1207 viewsdonkeylabour

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:24 - May 21 by monmouth

Jacko's actually pitching well at my inner out.

Jump into the unknown, or more of the inexorable same shit. A lifetime of jumping blindly into risky choices says 'out'. There we are, job done, out it is for me then.

What is so shit about current situation, seriously?

People are dying in the sea trying to get over her. We really are the decadent West.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:40 - May 21 with 1196 viewsLord_Bony

Its out for me.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:44 - May 21 with 1184 viewslonglostjack

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 15:48 - May 21 by jackonicko

Go figure.

Hence vote leave.

Great values and I'd definitely share those with the exception perhaps of financial conservatism. Unfortunately the UK and particularly the Tories are fond of trumpeting those values as though they are somehow unique to the UK. Hillsborough, Tony Blair and the Iraq War, Jimmy Saville etc. have shown that our judiciary and political accountability have at times
left a lot to be desired. Those who live in glass houses.....

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:45 - May 21 with 1182 viewsdonkeylabour

This reminds me of the General Election.

The internet suggests leave to win, just as the internet suggested Ed Miliband would be PM.

The reason being it's more 'edgy' to be a leaver just as people are happy to declare a support for labour because it's seen as nicer and you won't get a load of abuse from foul-mouthed lefties.

I suspect it'll be around 60:40 in favour of staying because the quiet voters out there will be voting remain.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:47 - May 21 with 1176 viewsHighjack

Did anybody see the programme with Paxman about Europe the other night? He was interviewing one of the British commissioners who has no previous history of politics and has never been elected to any position in his life. He was put there personally by Cameron as he is a friend and presumably can only be removed by Cameron.

He's probably on a fair whack of money too.

How in any way is this even remotely democratic or acceptable?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:53 - May 21 with 1172 viewsdonkeylabour

Democracy is overrated anyway, if we all followed the Tony Benn approach nothing would ever get done we'd be having committees for things like whether to change the light fittings.

The problem is the EU is that it needs to become more accountable and that actually needs more integration not less. It is a monster and it needs reform but I think that needs to be done from within.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 16:54]

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:55 - May 21 with 1167 viewsMurph75

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:45 - May 21 by donkeylabour

This reminds me of the General Election.

The internet suggests leave to win, just as the internet suggested Ed Miliband would be PM.

The reason being it's more 'edgy' to be a leaver just as people are happy to declare a support for labour because it's seen as nicer and you won't get a load of abuse from foul-mouthed lefties.

I suspect it'll be around 60:40 in favour of staying because the quiet voters out there will be voting remain.

Not sure what websites you looked at during the general election?

Ed Miliband was never in contention to win the election for labour.
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:59 - May 21 with 1164 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:55 - May 21 by Murph75

Not sure what websites you looked at during the general election?

Ed Miliband was never in contention to win the election for labour.

That ain't true at all. All the polls were pointing towards Labour being the largest party in a hung parliament. Wasn't exclusive to the Internet of course.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:06 - May 21 with 1146 viewsMurph75

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:59 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

That ain't true at all. All the polls were pointing towards Labour being the largest party in a hung parliament. Wasn't exclusive to the Internet of course.

And of course the polling was completely incorrect. Which made the British polling council to conduct their own enquiry in to how they completely got it wrong.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 17:10]
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:12 - May 21 with 1138 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:06 - May 21 by Murph75

And of course the polling was completely incorrect. Which made the British polling council to conduct their own enquiry in to how they completely got it wrong.
[Post edited 21 May 2016 17:10]

Yes. This was the last BBC poll of polls before the election.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/poll-tracker

With the way the system was weighted towards Labour those figures would easily have translated into Labour being the largest party and Miliband running either a minority government or some kind of coalition. There was a major inquest about how the polls were all so consistently wrong. I'm surprised you don't remember the universal shock and disbelief at the 10pm exit poll which showed the Tories as the largest party by some margin. Even the Tories on the various TV panel refused to believe it.

Nice edit, Murph. For the record, Murph's original response to me said "Really?!"
[Post edited 21 May 2016 17:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024