Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU 12:02 - May 21 with 14857 viewsjack_lord

Just so we can read the reasons and then can respond to each with valid facts to denounce or support each one of them.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:55 - May 21 with 1179 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:53 - May 21 by londonlisa2001

Only slightly - neither the Labour Party nor the Lib Dems had polling showing different results to the external polls. Only the Tories did.

Amendment - only the Tories CLAIMED to have such figures after the event. Their action previously and on the night belie that claim.

Poll: Tory leader

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:56 - May 21 with 1173 viewsMurph75

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:55 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Amendment - only the Tories CLAIMED to have such figures after the event. Their action previously and on the night belie that claim.

Jeez, just let it go.......
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:57 - May 21 with 1172 viewslondonlisa2001

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:51 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Yes I remember that too. I believe my response was that if it were true they'd have been shouting it from the rooftops to try and gain some momentum. The same point I've made here. Also your contact was making something of an educated guess rather than being a party insider, I believe.

No one expected the result that transpired in May last year, regardless of what they've said since.

I can't remember what they did - something to do with communications or PR from memory. I may try to find the post if this game gets a bit dull ! I think they were an insider of some description though.

Funnily enough, I'm not sure they would have shouted about it. They'd want Labour supporters to not turn out - if people had thought the Tories may win outright they may have made an effort to turn out to vote against them. So could be argued either way I guess.
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:58 - May 21 with 1170 viewslondonlisa2001

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:55 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Well as I said one of them told me before the election that they did.

I'm going to try to find the post...
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:03 - May 21 with 1163 viewsblueytheblue

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 17:54 - May 21 by Murph75

So I was at least 85% correct?

Slightly indicates a number far less than 50%...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:04 - May 21 with 1149 viewsMurph75

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:03 - May 21 by blueytheblue

Slightly indicates a number far less than 50%...

What do you know about anything when you consider your roots.
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:04 - May 21 with 1147 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:04 - May 21 by Murph75

Ouch. Owned.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:06 - May 21 with 1145 viewsblueytheblue

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:04 - May 21 by Murph75

Square root of 25 is 5.
Cube root of 125 is also 5.

I know my roots....

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Login to get fewer ads

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:10 - May 21 with 1138 viewsMurph75

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:04 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

Ouch. Owned.

Thanks.

In fairness I do feel slightly guilty taking advantage of those less capable.
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:17 - May 21 with 1124 viewslondonlisa2001

Found the post - I was wrong about who said it as it seems they were not a Tory but this is what I said:

"On a wider point, I was talking yesterday to a political strategist / public affairs guy (who I met at a completely unrelated work event and who was party neutral, albeit from what he was saying, was definitely left leaning) who said that they are starting to believe that the polling may be giving the wrong projections and that there is some thought that the Lib Dems will retain more seats than projected, UKIP will get a couple more (albeit not many) and the Tories will get a stronger vote than currently projected as well."

so some were saying it beforehand!
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:19 - May 21 with 1122 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:17 - May 21 by londonlisa2001

Found the post - I was wrong about who said it as it seems they were not a Tory but this is what I said:

"On a wider point, I was talking yesterday to a political strategist / public affairs guy (who I met at a completely unrelated work event and who was party neutral, albeit from what he was saying, was definitely left leaning) who said that they are starting to believe that the polling may be giving the wrong projections and that there is some thought that the Lib Dems will retain more seats than projected, UKIP will get a couple more (albeit not many) and the Tories will get a stronger vote than currently projected as well."

That's how I remember it. Out of his three guesses he got two of them totally wrong.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:22 - May 21 with 1110 viewslondonlisa2001

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:19 - May 21 by exiledclaseboy

That's how I remember it. Out of his three guesses he got two of them totally wrong.

Aye - you've got a better memory than I have for conversations that I have had
OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:32 - May 21 with 1095 viewsexiledclaseboy

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:22 - May 21 by londonlisa2001

Aye - you've got a better memory than I have for conversations that I have had

I'm a civil servant and a terrible note taker. Without memory my career would have been down the sh*tter years ago.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:39 - May 21 with 1078 viewsjack_lord

The EU has had a massive influence over UK employment law rights. The following were introduced by virtue of our membership of the EU, and are at risk if we leave or re-negotiate our membership terms (this is not an exhaustive list):

- Minimum paid annual leave (now 28 days a year including bank holidays)

- Additional rights for agency and temporary workers and for part-time workers

- Current pregnancy and maternity leave rights

- Parental leave

- Working time (which includes a maximum of a 48-hour week unless you agree otherwise, and minimum rest breaks each day)

- Equal pay

- Anti-discrimination rules on race, sex, disability, age and sexual orientation

- Data protection rights

Some of these reflect the "Social Chapter" of the Maastricht Treaty adopted by the new Labour Government in 1997, thus ending the opt-out negotiated by John Major in 1991.

I often wonder why Cameron is trying to push for the UK to remain part of the EU when so many of his chums are business owners and have had the massive profits eaten awya by the poor employee having such rights.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 19:07 - May 21 with 1062 viewsjojaca

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:39 - May 21 by jack_lord

The EU has had a massive influence over UK employment law rights. The following were introduced by virtue of our membership of the EU, and are at risk if we leave or re-negotiate our membership terms (this is not an exhaustive list):

- Minimum paid annual leave (now 28 days a year including bank holidays)

- Additional rights for agency and temporary workers and for part-time workers

- Current pregnancy and maternity leave rights

- Parental leave

- Working time (which includes a maximum of a 48-hour week unless you agree otherwise, and minimum rest breaks each day)

- Equal pay

- Anti-discrimination rules on race, sex, disability, age and sexual orientation

- Data protection rights

Some of these reflect the "Social Chapter" of the Maastricht Treaty adopted by the new Labour Government in 1997, thus ending the opt-out negotiated by John Major in 1991.

I often wonder why Cameron is trying to push for the UK to remain part of the EU when so many of his chums are business owners and have had the massive profits eaten awya by the poor employee having such rights.

Shame they have not sorted zero hours contracts out, where I work the newcomers are getting shafted with poor terms and conditions and the long serving employees are slowly losing most of their rights and perks, while CEO's still get their million pound bonuses. The equality gap is just getting bigger and it wont be long before the poor starting attacking rich.

Even when you know, you never know?

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 19:16 - May 21 with 1045 viewsJack_Meoff

Because of TTIP and the Investor (to) State Dispute Settlement. Hideous.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 19:21 - May 21 with 1032 viewsjack_lord

The UK and Austria have the highest prevalence of Zero Hour contracts. Finland is trying to ban them and most Euro nations law doesn't recognise them. If UK leaves the EU then there will be no future EU legislation that would apply to us.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 21:04 - May 21 with 947 viewsItchySphincter

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 18:17 - May 21 by londonlisa2001

Two thirds of that couldn't be more wrong. So all in all a load of boIIocks.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 21:14 - May 21 with 944 viewslonglostjack

This thread has just gone AD Grade 10.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 21:36 - May 21 with 921 viewsKilkennyjack

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 16:47 - May 21 by Highjack

Did anybody see the programme with Paxman about Europe the other night? He was interviewing one of the British commissioners who has no previous history of politics and has never been elected to any position in his life. He was put there personally by Cameron as he is a friend and presumably can only be removed by Cameron.

He's probably on a fair whack of money too.

How in any way is this even remotely democratic or acceptable?

Sounds just like the House of Lords from that description. Abolish the House of Lords tomorrow.

Beware of the Risen People

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 22:01 - May 21 with 906 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Actually we export less than 44% to the EU any goods load on ships at Felixstowe which are shipped to Rotterdam before being loaded on another ship else where are counted as exports to the EU even though they exported to the rest of the world.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 02:31 - May 22 with 836 viewsHighjack

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 21:36 - May 21 by Kilkennyjack

Sounds just like the House of Lords from that description. Abolish the House of Lords tomorrow.

I agree but there's no referendum on that.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 04:53 - May 22 with 826 viewsphact0rri

I am voting for out. And mainly its the loads of bullocks shoving from the in campaign, none of which is substatianed. I mean do they think people just shake their head with all the fear mongering. Honestly I find that the UK will succeed beyond what we are doing now out than in. and I've yet to see any maths to deny such thinking.

If they'd quit with the doom and gloom and give real reasons to stay then perhaps they'd not be losing so many votes.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 10:03 - May 22 with 779 viewsjack_lord

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 04:53 - May 22 by phact0rri

I am voting for out. And mainly its the loads of bullocks shoving from the in campaign, none of which is substatianed. I mean do they think people just shake their head with all the fear mongering. Honestly I find that the UK will succeed beyond what we are doing now out than in. and I've yet to see any maths to deny such thinking.

If they'd quit with the doom and gloom and give real reasons to stay then perhaps they'd not be losing so many votes.

why do you think that the UK will succeed beyond what we are doing now?

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 10:31 - May 22 with 768 viewsWhiterockin

OK Why do people want to vote to leave the EU on 04:53 - May 22 by phact0rri

I agree with this. Many people I have spoken to feel the same way. We are not happy with the direction the EU is going and the IN campaign is only scaremongering, without giving hard facts, only threats.

This is why so many people I know are going to vote out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024