Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Android Box Wanted 09:38 - May 22 with 2267 viewsSwaneeRiver

Can anyone recommend a truly reliable fully set up Android box that I wouldn't have to maintain myself (being a technophobe) ?
I want to buy one locally from someone who can give me technical back up (i'e I can go to their premises or they can come to mine to download new software, etc)
Android Box Wanted on 10:03 - May 22 with 1791 viewsLoyal

Get an Amazon Fire tv box, follow Epaul posts on here. Invaluable, you will soon get it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Android Box Wanted on 10:12 - May 22 with 1779 viewsJackfath

Epaul is a right expert.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Android Box Wanted on 10:22 - May 22 with 1752 viewsSwaneeRiver

Android Box Wanted on 10:12 - May 22 by Jackfath

Epaul is a right expert.

Problem is I've followed all the brilliant advice from different sources to set up Kodi, and still not had much joy.

Mrs Swanee would kill me if I spent £80 on this set up, then couldn't use it due to my own incompetence
Android Box Wanted on 10:36 - May 22 with 1737 viewsJackfath

Android Box Wanted on 10:22 - May 22 by SwaneeRiver

Problem is I've followed all the brilliant advice from different sources to set up Kodi, and still not had much joy.

Mrs Swanee would kill me if I spent £80 on this set up, then couldn't use it due to my own incompetence

Where do you live?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Android Box Wanted on 10:48 - May 22 with 1725 viewsSwaneeRiver

Android Box Wanted on 10:36 - May 22 by Jackfath

Where do you live?

Sunny Skewen
Android Box Wanted on 20:33 - May 22 with 1569 viewsepaul

Android Box Wanted on 10:12 - May 22 by Jackfath

Epaul is a right expert.

Quite far from an expert I dont know a great deal about them, I just follow a few people online who post all the info and just post it here for the benefit of PS readers.

TBH I dont think getting an android box will make much difference as what you need to do to Kodi to add add ons youd have to do it on an android box, . Get a firestick and there is enoughh info out there so you can download so much to it, even the play store, showbox, modbro

Kodo on a firestick will work exactly the same as on an android box even the most expensive ones, its all about what add ons you add, and most importantly how good your internet connection is
[Post edited 22 May 2016 20:34]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Android Box Wanted on 20:38 - May 22 with 1557 viewsSwaneeRiver

Android Box Wanted on 20:33 - May 22 by epaul

Quite far from an expert I dont know a great deal about them, I just follow a few people online who post all the info and just post it here for the benefit of PS readers.

TBH I dont think getting an android box will make much difference as what you need to do to Kodi to add add ons youd have to do it on an android box, . Get a firestick and there is enoughh info out there so you can download so much to it, even the play store, showbox, modbro

Kodo on a firestick will work exactly the same as on an android box even the most expensive ones, its all about what add ons you add, and most importantly how good your internet connection is
[Post edited 22 May 2016 20:34]

My internet connection is excellent - it's the the clown using it (me) that I got a problem with.
I tried loading Kodi on different devices, following advice on You Tube etc, but it's still not a good fit for me.
Thanks anyway
Android Box Wanted on 20:43 - May 22 with 1551 viewsepaul

Android Box Wanted on 20:38 - May 22 by SwaneeRiver

My internet connection is excellent - it's the the clown using it (me) that I got a problem with.
I tried loading Kodi on different devices, following advice on You Tube etc, but it's still not a good fit for me.
Thanks anyway

If you alresdy have kodi downloaded try installing a custom build that has everything on it , Ive put one or two on the Kodi thread

This nlink shows you step by step for virtually most of the stuff

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/kodi/

How to download direct to a firestick

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/
[Post edited 22 May 2016 20:47]

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

Android Box Wanted on 20:58 - May 22 with 1527 viewsSwaneeRiver

Android Box Wanted on 20:43 - May 22 by epaul

If you alresdy have kodi downloaded try installing a custom build that has everything on it , Ive put one or two on the Kodi thread

This nlink shows you step by step for virtually most of the stuff

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/kodi/

How to download direct to a firestick

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-kodi-on-a-firestick/
[Post edited 22 May 2016 20:47]

More confused than ever now - clicked on the first link and loads of choices.
Which one / ones am I meant to down load ?
Thanks
Android Box Wanted on 21:23 - May 22 with 1499 viewsepaul

Android Box Wanted on 20:58 - May 22 by SwaneeRiver

More confused than ever now - clicked on the first link and loads of choices.
Which one / ones am I meant to down load ?
Thanks

This link gives you the downloads for the various platforms, depends what you are down loading it to,

https://kodi.tv/download/

Android Box Wanted on 22:14 - May 22 with 1445 viewsmahoss

You can download Kodi on to a laptop and connect to TVs with HDMI cable.
You don't need a box.
Android Box Wanted on 04:11 - May 23 with 1379 viewsphact0rri

I'm lazy. I just Google cast everything.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Android Box Wanted on 06:35 - May 23 with 1354 viewsbazzool

Android Box Wanted on 10:48 - May 22 by SwaneeRiver

Sunny Skewen

Oh skewens great mun, theres a guy from down the estate that does the firesticks with a complete build loaded onto it,if your saying you cant understand kodi and downloading stuff, think he does it for 50 quid, i can find out for you if you want
Android Box Wanted on 07:29 - May 23 with 1337 viewsSwaneeRiver

Android Box Wanted on 06:35 - May 23 by bazzool

Oh skewens great mun, theres a guy from down the estate that does the firesticks with a complete build loaded onto it,if your saying you cant understand kodi and downloading stuff, think he does it for 50 quid, i can find out for you if you want

Yes please. Pm me if you could so I can text him or call him whatever.
Many thanks
Android Box Wanted on 09:57 - May 23 with 1288 viewsjedijack

Android Box Wanted on 07:29 - May 23 by SwaneeRiver

Many thanks

You need to know how to install addons for the box, plenty of guides (with pictures) on how to do it. Not being funny, but logging into Planetswans and making a post is about as technical as setting up Kodi gets. Some people make out like it's some kind of dark art but I'm sure they're the ones making money on the back of it.

Addons stop working / New addons appear all the time, you might pay for something and find it's obsolete within a few weeks. Unless the person selling the stick is giving you lifetime support ( highly unlikely), it's pretty much money wasted. You'll need to get your hands dirty at some point, or be stuck with a box that doesn't work anymore until somebody can sort it for you. (potentially more ££££)
Android Box Wanted on 10:35 - May 23 with 1266 viewsepaul

Android Box Wanted on 09:57 - May 23 by jedijack

You need to know how to install addons for the box, plenty of guides (with pictures) on how to do it. Not being funny, but logging into Planetswans and making a post is about as technical as setting up Kodi gets. Some people make out like it's some kind of dark art but I'm sure they're the ones making money on the back of it.

Addons stop working / New addons appear all the time, you might pay for something and find it's obsolete within a few weeks. Unless the person selling the stick is giving you lifetime support ( highly unlikely), it's pretty much money wasted. You'll need to get your hands dirty at some point, or be stuck with a box that doesn't work anymore until somebody can sort it for you. (potentially more ££££)

Spot on, it realy is that easy, you don't need to know all the techy stuff, there are plenty of guides out there

Android Box Wanted on 10:47 - May 23 with 1256 viewsbazzool

Android Box Wanted on 09:57 - May 23 by jedijack

Swaneeriver is struggling with the use of kodi, all im doing is referring him to a guy that does firesticks with a complete build of latest working addons, and being from skewen is a bonus aswell coz he will sort out problems , its not an issue and it wont cost more £££
Android Box Wanted on 10:48 - May 23 with 1253 viewsbazzool

Android Box Wanted on 07:29 - May 23 by SwaneeRiver

Many thanks

Iv been in touch with him mate, just waiting for a responce and il pm you his details
Android Box Wanted on 11:25 - May 23 with 1222 viewsjedijack

Android Box Wanted on 10:47 - May 23 by bazzool

Swaneeriver is struggling with the use of kodi, all im doing is referring him to a guy that does firesticks with a complete build of latest working addons, and being from skewen is a bonus aswell coz he will sort out problems , its not an issue and it wont cost more £££

And all I was saying is that it is so easy to do, there is no need for anyone to be afraid of it. There are a number of benefits to being able to install your own stuff, money saving is pretty low down the list to be fair.

I'm sure the person from Skewen will be over the moon sorting out android boxes, forever. All for a £15 initial profit.

There's some saint's about
Android Box Wanted on 12:15 - May 23 with 1195 viewsbazzool

Android Box Wanted on 11:25 - May 23 by jedijack

And all I was saying is that it is so easy to do, there is no need for anyone to be afraid of it. There are a number of benefits to being able to install your own stuff, money saving is pretty low down the list to be fair.

I'm sure the person from Skewen will be over the moon sorting out android boxes, forever. All for a £15 initial profit.

There's some saint's about

Yes il admitt it is easy but like he said, hes watched videos , tried doing the installs and is struggling, the title is Android Box Wanted so iv provided him with the details, less hassle for him downloading and figuring stuff out and on his doorstep
Android Box Wanted on 14:28 - May 23 with 1144 viewsSwaneeRiver

Thanks guys for all your help.
I think I'll wipe Kodi off my system, start with a new download and then try all available help online.
If that fails then I'll try Bazzool's contact.
I really appreciate all the advice guys thanks.
Android Box Wanted on 16:15 - May 23 with 1116 viewsSwaneeRiver

Okay guys.
Downloaded Kodi and got Genesis download. Clicked on several Films and TV programmes and .... no stream available
Any ideas ?
Android Box Wanted on 16:26 - May 23 with 1104 viewsmonmouth

Android Box Wanted on 16:15 - May 23 by SwaneeRiver

Okay guys.
Downloaded Kodi and got Genesis download. Clicked on several Films and TV programmes and .... no stream available
Any ideas ?

genesis is discontinued. Exodus is the boyo. But just get a build (see Kodi thread. Any of The Beast, Wookie, Pulse, TV Addons will do it. Saves individual add on effort, although you can still add on any they don't have that you want like say, NJM.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Android Box Wanted on 19:52 - May 23 with 1059 viewsPolskijack

If you get desperate, load up Teamviewer on your Android box and I can do it all for you remotely (don't worry, it's perfectly safe and I won't steal your identity!) . However as many have said, you need to understand how to put addons onto Kodi as some disappear and are replaced by others. It doesn't take long to get the hang of it. Let me know if you need assistance.
Android Box Wanted on 21:05 - May 23 with 1021 viewsSwaneeRiver

Guys thanks once again for all the advice .
Got Exodus working and can watch Hame of Thrones and movies on there so happy days !
Now I just need to wait until August and see if I can watch the Swans !
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024