Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Plans for the euros? 11:13 - May 23 with 12390 viewsGB11

I would post on the cardiff forum but I think they've had a mass cull of anyone that argued. Not that I care.

Anyone going over?.

Or just watching it local?.

We're planning on watching wales england in the lille fan park. Eurostar from St Pancras tuesday the 14th, 11am.

Hopefully there'll be as many welshmen as possible as the russians will there in numbers with their game there the day before. I'm far from a fighter but I've heard they're a different kettle of fish to england.

Plans for the euros? on 11:18 - May 23 with 7485 viewsJJJack

4 of us going over to Paris on Friday 10th for a few days. Not sure where we'll watch the Wales v Slovakia game. Got tickets to Ireland v Sweden through the pre-draw lottery thingy.
Plans for the euros? on 12:08 - May 23 with 7413 viewsBlasterJack

Are any fan parks etc being set up in Swansea or Cardiff that anyone knows about?

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Plans for the euros? on 12:09 - May 23 with 7408 viewsblueytheblue

Plans for the euros? on 12:08 - May 23 by BlasterJack

Are any fan parks etc being set up in Swansea or Cardiff that anyone knows about?

Not in Cardiff as far as I'm aware.

It's not rugby ergo council couldn't give a flying fig.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Plans for the euros? on 12:10 - May 23 with 7404 viewsGB11

Cardiff have said there'll be doing nothing.

Which is making our fans complain that they put a rugby ball in the castle with tax payers money and a fan park next to the millenium stadium.

It is a bit unfair. But I don't think the councils want the agro with having a fan park open at 2pm on a thursday for wales england, or a monday for russia.

There are loads of big games so it would be difficult to know what staff to have on when.

Pubs are better anyway.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 12:11]
Plans for the euros? on 12:41 - May 23 with 7340 viewsAquinas

Going by car... got tickets for every Welsh group game.
Plans for the euros? on 12:46 - May 23 with 7321 viewslittle_britton

going out on the Friday, watching the Slovakia game then a couple of days in Bordeaux and flying back Monday evening
Plans for the euros? on 13:02 - May 23 with 7283 viewsbuilthjack

Will be at the Slovakia and Russia games. Haven't got tickets for England. There should be fan zones set up in Cardiff and Swansea, bad if there are none.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Plans for the euros? on 13:44 - May 23 with 7196 viewsmarchamjack

Wales no.1 fan will be along shortly to tell you not to travel to Lens if you haven't got tickets for the England game out of respect for those that have

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Login to get fewer ads

Plans for the euros? on 14:52 - May 23 with 7112 viewsOxOsp

Plans for the euros? on 12:10 - May 23 by GB11

Cardiff have said there'll be doing nothing.

Which is making our fans complain that they put a rugby ball in the castle with tax payers money and a fan park next to the millenium stadium.

It is a bit unfair. But I don't think the councils want the agro with having a fan park open at 2pm on a thursday for wales england, or a monday for russia.

There are loads of big games so it would be difficult to know what staff to have on when.

Pubs are better anyway.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 12:11]

There absolutely should be fan zones in the two major cities. But comparing it to the Rugby World Cup isn't fair, as Cardiff was a host city.
Plans for the euros? on 15:00 - May 23 with 7093 viewsblueytheblue

Plans for the euros? on 14:52 - May 23 by OxOsp

There absolutely should be fan zones in the two major cities. But comparing it to the Rugby World Cup isn't fair, as Cardiff was a host city.

I believe they had fan zones for the egg chasing world cup before that too.

Plans for the euros? on 15:04 - May 23 with 7087 viewsGB11

Plans for the euros? on 14:52 - May 23 by OxOsp

There are a few idiots on there that don't realise how good rugby is for wales. A country of 3 million competing against a continent like Australia or other much bigger countries.

The rugby world cup was awesome I thought. Well organised.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 15:04]
Plans for the euros? on 15:10 - May 23 with 7066 viewsblueytheblue

Plans for the euros? on 15:04 - May 23 by GB11

There are a few idiots on there that don't realise how good rugby is for wales. A country of 3 million competing against a continent like Australia or other much bigger countries.

The rugby world cup was awesome I thought. Well organised.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 15:04]

Whereas the Euros will be seen by far, far more people than the egg, meaning Wales will be promoted to far, far more people.

You'd think councils would want to reflect that achievement - especially given that the number of nations seriously playing egg is minimal, so Welsh achievements in that are far less than in other more competitive sports...

Plans for the euros? on 15:14 - May 23 with 7055 viewsbuilthjack

Plans for the euros? on 15:10 - May 23 by blueytheblue

Whereas the Euros will be seen by far, far more people than the egg, meaning Wales will be promoted to far, far more people.

You'd think councils would want to reflect that achievement - especially given that the number of nations seriously playing egg is minimal, so Welsh achievements in that are far less than in other more competitive sports...

Good post

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Plans for the euros? on 15:33 - May 23 with 7022 viewsjackharris

Will be Castle Square be showing all the matches scheduled to be on the BBC?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Plans for the euros? on 16:13 - May 23 with 6985 viewsbuilthjack

Plans for the euros? on 15:33 - May 23 by jackharris

Will be Castle Square be showing all the matches scheduled to be on the BBC?

Bombard the council

Plans for the euros? on 17:25 - May 23 with 6911 viewskarnataka

I've got tickets for the Slovakia and Russia games. Flying out for the Slovakia game on Friday 10th and back on Monday 13th then flying out for the Russia game on Monday 20th & back on Wednesday 22nd. Not flying to Bordeaux or Toulouse, instead flying to Limoges and Beziers and hiring cars so get to have a look around those parts of France and spend a little bit of bit of time there rather than just there and back for the games.
Plans for the euros? on 17:42 - May 23 with 6881 viewsJango

Plans for the euros? on 16:13 - May 23 by builthjack

Bombard the council

I've got a friend who works for events for the council and he's said that the game is being shown in castle gardens. Watched the England v Germany game in the World Cup a few years ago, brilliant atmosphere so hopefully the sun will be out and be a great day
Plans for the euros? on 17:44 - May 23 with 6866 viewsDarran

I haven't got any plans for the Euros,in fact I really couldn't give a f*ck about.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Plans for the euros? on 17:59 - May 23 with 6856 viewsDewi1jack

Plans for the euros? on 15:10 - May 23 by blueytheblue

This.
Figures reckon that about 120 million people watched the WHOLE of the rugby WC tournament
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/121819

Whereas, UEFA report about 299 million people for the Euro 2012 final alone, with estimated figures for the rest of the tournament running about 150 million people per day of games

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/television/uefa-reports-tv-audience-o

The Welsh Football team will get broadcast to far more homes during this tournament, than the egg gets in 3 or 4 (or more) tournaments.
Yet again it looks like the councils can't exploit a gift horse that comes for free.
Just like us in the PL for Swansea council really.
Egg chasing is a minority sport.
The councils will bend over backwards for drunken muppets dressed in daffodil faces, or beating up their loved ones
And in their words and actions "fug the football."
And as a football fan, raise a fist, let alone hit someone on match day and find the possibility of a little banning order coming your way.
Rugby, it's classed as high spirits

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Plans for the euros? on 18:51 - May 23 with 6797 viewsbermudajack

Plans for the euros? on 17:59 - May 23 by Dewi1jack

This.
Figures reckon that about 120 million people watched the WHOLE of the rugby WC tournament
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/121819

Whereas, UEFA report about 299 million people for the Euro 2012 final alone, with estimated figures for the rest of the tournament running about 150 million people per day of games

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/television/uefa-reports-tv-audience-o

The Welsh Football team will get broadcast to far more homes during this tournament, than the egg gets in 3 or 4 (or more) tournaments.
Yet again it looks like the councils can't exploit a gift horse that comes for free.
Just like us in the PL for Swansea council really.
Egg chasing is a minority sport.
The councils will bend over backwards for drunken muppets dressed in daffodil faces, or beating up their loved ones
And in their words and actions "fug the football."
And as a football fan, raise a fist, let alone hit someone on match day and find the possibility of a little banning order coming your way.
Rugby, it's classed as high spirits

Flying out to Bordeaux via Luton & Paris early on the Friday, couple of nights in Bordeaux including the Slovakia match, flying back again via Paris & Luton on the Sunday 👍

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Plans for the euros? on 19:13 - May 23 with 6762 viewsOldjack

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Plans for the euros? on 19:19 - May 23 with 6748 viewslonglostjack

Getting two Welsh flags - one for the house and one for the car. Need to give the Red Gold and Black waving neighbours something to think about.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Plans for the euros? on 19:21 - May 23 with 6735 viewstaffpunk

Plans for the euros? on 19:13 - May 23 by Oldjack

And me, was going, but now off to Rimini/San Marino, going to see Wales Amateurs play instead. Sold my trip and ticket, lost about a ton, but sometimes other things are more important.

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Plans for the euros? on 20:20 - May 23 with 6655 viewsCooperman

Toulouse for the Russia game. Flying from Bristol on the Sunday and back Thursday, I booked the flights on the Saturday night that the draw was made so had them for a very good price. Hope became reality when we secured 2 x 2 match tickets a few weeks back. Digs are sorted in the form of a centre ville apartment which is also now paid for. The only real plans we have for when we are there are to get to the game, get on a vinyard tour, and to sink a few of the local brew regardless of whether it's red, white, or pink.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Plans for the euros? on 20:36 - May 23 with 6629 viewsbuilthjack

Plans for the euros? on 20:20 - May 23 by Cooperman

Toulouse for the Russia game. Flying from Bristol on the Sunday and back Thursday, I booked the flights on the Saturday night that the draw was made so had them for a very good price. Hope became reality when we secured 2 x 2 match tickets a few weeks back. Digs are sorted in the form of a centre ville apartment which is also now paid for. The only real plans we have for when we are there are to get to the game, get on a vinyard tour, and to sink a few of the local brew regardless of whether it's red, white, or pink.

I would recommend the red

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024