Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jonny Thomas Trial 17:34 - May 23 with 9013 viewsDarran

I see him getting not guilty.

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Jonny-Thomas-assaulted-man-shortly-fatal

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:40 - May 23 with 4488 viewsblueytheblue

Agreed. Looking at that, especially given CCTV footage surprised CPS chose to prosecute.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:44 - May 23 with 4476 viewspikeypaul

from day 2 it was pointing that way.

Reading between the lines I agree with the OP

Just read the link and hope the guy gets off,he may have punched the deceased but it's
obvious that Thomas was looking for it.It could easily have been Shephard that died.

Happy that all the people who thought Thomas was whiter than white have now heard what
he was really like.
[Post edited 23 May 2016 17:56]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:45 - May 23 with 4471 viewsWingstandwood

Yeah that really puts things in a completely different light now. Ain't it sad though? The way some individuals cannot handle their drink and blatantly go looking for trouble in the most gratuitous/motiveless fashion.

A case of strangers assaulting other strangers or looking to assault other strangers on the basis/logic of absolutely f#ck all. The guy in the dock could very well just have been very unlucky to have just been in the wrong place, wrong time and crossed paths with completely the wrong type of person the average person would wish to encounter on a night out?.... The jury have seen the full picture and I hope justice prevails.

Argus!

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:45 - May 23 with 4470 viewsDarran

I never understand people getting aggressive in drink I'm the exact opposite.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:48 - May 23 with 4464 viewsWingstandwood

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:45 - May 23 by Darran

I never understand people getting aggressive in drink I'm the exact opposite.

Me the same! Makes me lethargic and acts more of a sedative on me.

Argus!

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:54 - May 23 with 4449 viewsJackfath

All very sad. Two families lives altered forever in one second due to one mindless act.

JUST WALK AWAY.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:15 - May 23 with 4412 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:45 - May 23 by Wingstandwood

Yeah that really puts things in a completely different light now. Ain't it sad though? The way some individuals cannot handle their drink and blatantly go looking for trouble in the most gratuitous/motiveless fashion.

A case of strangers assaulting other strangers or looking to assault other strangers on the basis/logic of absolutely f#ck all. The guy in the dock could very well just have been very unlucky to have just been in the wrong place, wrong time and crossed paths with completely the wrong type of person the average person would wish to encounter on a night out?.... The jury have seen the full picture and I hope justice prevails.

Terribly sad. These incidents happen all too frequently in Wales. I went out for a night or two in Nottingham around our last away league game there and was amazed by the lack of pissed people and also pleasantly surprised by the lack of any aggressive behaviour. A lovely place for a night out.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:42 - May 23 with 4339 viewsWingstandwood

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:15 - May 23 by Brynmill_Jack

Terribly sad. These incidents happen all too frequently in Wales. I went out for a night or two in Nottingham around our last away league game there and was amazed by the lack of pissed people and also pleasantly surprised by the lack of any aggressive behaviour. A lovely place for a night out.

What makes it even worse down these parts is? Swansea seems to be 'steroid-abuse-central'. Now that really adds to insanity of it all! Swansea is now full of immature drunkards jacked up to the absolute eyeballs (their term stacking) with way over the 'sane' recommended dosages of aggression causing testosterone injectables/tablets......Oh and to top that many are taking extra supplementation of recreational drugs like cocaine etc that's further added to the night-out/substance cocktail intake.

What you basically end up with is extremely aggressive, think they're Superman euphoric high individual(s) way, way, way braver than normal because they have become out-of-character 'cocktail-hero(s)' all thanks to whats swirling around the bloodstream.

No wonder why the police have to use tasers and pepper spray nowadays!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:47 - May 23 with 4323 viewsDr_Winston

Roiders & Rugby players are all best avoided on a night out.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:49 - May 23 with 4306 viewsJackfath

Nothing to suggest Mr Thomas or the accused were/are steroid abusers?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:51 - May 23 with 4297 viewsVetchitBack

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 17:54 - May 23 by Jackfath

All very sad. Two families lives altered forever in one second due to one mindless act.

JUST WALK AWAY.

Have you actually read the thread?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:53 - May 23 with 4282 viewsJackfath

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:51 - May 23 by VetchitBack

Have you actually read the thread?

Yes why?

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:58 - May 23 with 4270 viewsWingstandwood

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:49 - May 23 by Jackfath

Nothing to suggest Mr Thomas or the accused were/are steroid abusers?

No not at all I was not referring to them as individuals but the wider picture of Swansea nightlife! Swansea and other parts of Wales does now rather have a 'REP' for steroid and recreational drug abuse. Cocaine is now doing the rounds in Swansea. Once upon a time that was something only rock-stars and extremely well off individuals took in places like SW10, Chelsea, The West End of London and Miami etc.

Argus!

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 19:07 - May 23 with 4242 viewsVetchitBack

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 18:53 - May 23 by Jackfath

Yes why?

Because the thread suggests it may well indeed be self defence. Evidence detailing another man trying to WALK AWAY from Mr Thomas minutes before and being punched to the floor.

Your comment looks like a lazy generalisation of the dangers of "one punch" or else is simply bizarre.

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 19:09 - May 23 with 4227 viewsJackfath

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 19:07 - May 23 by VetchitBack

Because the thread suggests it may well indeed be self defence. Evidence detailing another man trying to WALK AWAY from Mr Thomas minutes before and being punched to the floor.

Your comment looks like a lazy generalisation of the dangers of "one punch" or else is simply bizarre.

A lazy generalisation? Dear God. One punch killed a man. Two families lives changed forever.

Nothing bizarre about that.

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 19:18 - May 23 with 4199 viewsVetchitBack

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 19:09 - May 23 by Jackfath

A lazy generalisation? Dear God. One punch killed a man. Two families lives changed forever.

Nothing bizarre about that.

And one punch could've killed another because he tried to "just walk away" as you advise.

A verdict of self-defence would confirm the act was not indeed "mindless" either.

So yes a lazy generalisation.

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 19:21 - May 23 with 4185 viewsJackfath

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 19:18 - May 23 by VetchitBack

And one punch could've killed another because he tried to "just walk away" as you advise.

A verdict of self-defence would confirm the act was not indeed "mindless" either.

So yes a lazy generalisation.

Nonsense. I am talking of BOTH families lives altered forever. BOTH parties could've walked away. You are the one who is generalising assuming I am talking about one party.

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 20:30 - May 23 with 4040 viewsexiledclaseboy

Important to remember that he's charged with manslaughter, not murder. So there doesn't need to be intent.

Poll: Tory leader

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 20:48 - May 23 with 3978 viewsraynor94

I have been following the case, and based on the evidence, including that of his best mate and his girlfriend, I'd be very surprised if he's not convicted

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 21:06 - May 23 with 3930 viewsSwaneeRiver

I was told this by the accused's Dad last year, so I wasn't surprised that there's more to it than when the story first broke !
The Jonny Thomas Trial on 22:29 - May 23 with 3768 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I would urge caution in coming to conclusions based on an Evening Post story.

I did jury service a few years ago and when I read the EP accounts of the trials that I was involved in after they had finished I barely recognised them.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 23:31 - May 23 with 3665 viewsthe_oracle

The accused punched Thomas from behind as he was walking away. The earlier reported evidence clearly indicates this. What ever happened earlier on, ( the defendant has also punched someone outside Mcdonalds), has no bearing on the incident, purely circumstantial.

Two lives ruined, two families destroyed.

Yet In the local pub only last weekend four rugby lads , built like brick out houses, pissed as rats, decided chuck glasses around and start fights with strangers. Idiots who will never learn and will never listen until its too late.
The Jonny Thomas Trial on 01:58 - May 24 with 3588 viewsJack123

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 23:31 - May 23 by the_oracle

The accused punched Thomas from behind as he was walking away. The earlier reported evidence clearly indicates this. What ever happened earlier on, ( the defendant has also punched someone outside Mcdonalds), has no bearing on the incident, purely circumstantial.

Two lives ruined, two families destroyed.

Yet In the local pub only last weekend four rugby lads , built like brick out houses, pissed as rats, decided chuck glasses around and start fights with strangers. Idiots who will never learn and will never listen until its too late.

For me though, it may be circumstantial But having just punched someone to the ground.. then get's involved a few minutes later in another fight..says it all of the state of mind at the time of Mr. Thomas, If I was on the jury I would certainly be thinking he was in an aggressive and violent mood. Still such a shame, Lives ruined and lost, just going out!

libera nos a malo

The Jonny Thomas Trial on 09:53 - May 24 with 3413 viewsdickythorpe

A tragic case all round.
Drink can chill some people out or it can turn them into monsters.
I have to agree with the roid head culture, the last thing you need whilst on steroids is alcohol.
Also the rugby drinking culture is becoming more aggressive due to more steroids in the game.
Cocaine use is far more widespread as well.
The Jonny Thomas Trial on 13:50 - May 24 with 3227 viewsHighjack

A man is dead because of his reckless action. His whole future depends on whether he can prove it was self defence. If it's true that it was a punch to the back of the head this defence falls down rather quickly.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024