Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? 13:18 - May 24 with 2669 viewsyogibear_412

Probably barking up the wrong tree but Rodgers said his proposed move back to us was part of the takeover. Me reading into this suggests he might have been given funds and because it hasn't gone through he might not have got any.

Just wondering if this delayed takeover could have a negative impact on who we bring into the club this summer.
Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:20 - May 24 with 2645 viewsdickythorpe

Jimmy Gilligan is training hard on Merthyr Mawr and is available on a Bosman
Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:21 - May 24 with 2645 viewsLandore_Jack

He would have taken the job if offered. Don't think the takeover had any influence.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 13:36]

#backtojack

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:24 - May 24 with 2621 viewsblueytheblue

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:21 - May 24 by Landore_Jack

He would have taken the job if offered. Don't think the takeover had any influence.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 13:36]

Would he?

SPL is a far, far weaker league so pads his win record. Guaranteed European football every year. I'd suggest Celtic probably pay more, teeth bleaching isn't cheap.

I've no doubt he went for the easier job to "boost" his credentials to then get a bigger job in the future.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:29 - May 24 with 2603 viewsLandore_Jack

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:24 - May 24 by blueytheblue

Would he?

SPL is a far, far weaker league so pads his win record. Guaranteed European football every year. I'd suggest Celtic probably pay more, teeth bleaching isn't cheap.

I've no doubt he went for the easier job to "boost" his credentials to then get a bigger job in the future.

What about Neil Lennon who went from Celtic to Bolton?

Winning the SPL (three times) and the Scottish Cup (twice) had no influence for him.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 13:52]

#backtojack

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:33 - May 24 with 2578 viewsUxbridge

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:24 - May 24 by blueytheblue

Would he?

Then you're pretty much the only person on the planet who thinks that.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:41 - May 24 with 2538 viewsGlyn1

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:29 - May 24 by Landore_Jack

Winning the SPL (three times) and the Scottish Cup (twice) had no influence for him.

And perhaps also Martin O'Neill moving from managing Celtic to Aston Villa in 2006 when they were a mid-table side.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:42 - May 24 with 2533 viewsmagicdaps10

Managing Celtic or Rangers is not what it once was for both reputation building and for the bank balance.

I have no doubt if offered the Swansea, Watford or Everton job that he would have taken it. He has spun it without telling it entirely how it was that he turned down the swans job down, yes he turned it down in the winter but what about the second approach in recent weeks.
Neil Lennon is a perfect example to what happens if you succeed at Celtic to a level the fans want...............Bolton in the championship was his next port of call.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:53 - May 24 with 2483 viewsHighjack

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 13:29 - May 24 by Landore_Jack

Lennon should have won a lot more at Celtic. He let quite a few cups slip through his fingers to teams like Kilmarnock and the football they played was pretty dire too.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 14:02 - May 24 with 2450 viewsDafyddHuw

Would he?

Utter pants.

Any evidence? Thought not.
Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 14:10 - May 24 with 2413 viewsblueytheblue

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 14:02 - May 24 by DafyddHuw

Utter pants.

Any evidence? Thought not.

Any evidence to your claim it's "Utter pants"? Thought not...

Rodgers is unashamedly self-promotion, looking for the next big job.

Bombed out with the Scousers having been hailed the next great British manager. Needs to rebuild that image. Winning things in an easy league is pretty appealing to him I'm sure. He'd probably only need to get to say page 100 of his vaunted dossier than using the whole thing.

If there was a mid table or above Prem job who were interested in him, he'd not be up in Jockland...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 21:59 - May 24 with 2044 viewsUplandsJack

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 14:10 - May 24 by blueytheblue

Any evidence to your claim it's "Utter pants"? Thought not...

Rodgers is unashamedly self-promotion, looking for the next big job.

Bombed out with the Scousers having been hailed the next great British manager. Needs to rebuild that image. Winning things in an easy league is pretty appealing to him I'm sure. He'd probably only need to get to say page 100 of his vaunted dossier than using the whole thing.

If there was a mid table or above Prem job who were interested in him, he'd not be up in Jockland...

BR priced himself out of the job with us, now there's a fact!!
Old board members wanted him, they interviewed him and one other, who the Yanks initially preferred. The yanks DIDN'T want BR back. There's another fact.
I've been told both parties settled on FG as he was cheap and the fans favourite...
(get the fans back onside see)
Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 22:17 - May 24 with 1985 viewspencoedjack

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 21:59 - May 24 by UplandsJack

Old board members wanted him, they interviewed him and one other, who the Yanks initially preferred. The yanks DIDN'T want BR back. There's another fact.
I've been told both parties settled on FG as he was cheap and the fans favourite...

Although I don't believe your post it's a thumbs up from me to the yanks.

Rodgers and Celtic are made for each other in thinking they are bigger & better than what they actually are.
Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 22:20 - May 24 with 1971 viewsjacktar

Delayed takeover...how will it affect transfers? on 21:59 - May 24 by UplandsJack

There's a lot of facts there ................................ and that's a fact.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024