Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? 16:30 - May 24 with 7885 viewsdonkeylabour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-36371081

When Clegg and Cameron were getting slaughtered for something very similar, was that homophobic?

I mean really, to me it's a sign of how weak minded and precious we're becoming as a society that he has to apologise for this.

Modern feminists seem to want it all, equality but special treatment as well. Just say shut up you tw@ if it offends you and move on.

Faux outrage does my head in.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:13 - May 24 with 1724 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:09 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Stormfront is funny. Or at least they used to be. Whack job doesn't even begin to cover it.

And I wouldn't worry too much about IP addresses and browsing histories being logged by pernicious forces. That ship has long since sailed

I'm not talking about any shadowy govenment agencies, nothing cloak and dagger, Stormfront log it themselves and before you know it you'll be receiving requests off them and associated groups asking for money to help grease the crazy wheel and keep it turning.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 22:16]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:14 - May 24 with 1722 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:13 - May 24 by Lohengrin

I'm not talking about any shadowy govenment agencies, nothing cloak and dagger, Stormfront log it themselves and before you know it you'll be receiving requests off them and associated groups asking for money to help grease the crazy wheel and keep it turning.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 22:16]

Ah I see. They're still funny then.

Poll: Tory leader

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:17 - May 24 with 1719 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:14 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Ah I see. They're still funny then.

Care in the Community isn't working, let's put it that way.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:22 - May 24 with 1709 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:01 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

I'd imagine, nay I'm sure, that there are anti Semitic elements in all parties on all corners of the spectrum, Bluey

Don't disagree.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:29 - May 24 with 1665 viewsAquinas

As this is turning into a venting against political correctness thread..I thought I would just say how much I get annoyed when women who are perfectly able ask for your seat on the tube.

I have and always will always stand up for those less able than me. But women are not less able. 50 years ago when they were seen as nothing more than child bearers and housewives I can understand why men gave their seats to women and stood on the outside of pavements etc.

I completely understand that 90% of women would not ask for the seat and are very happy to accept equality over a seat on the tube, but there is a significant minority of women who expect a seat if they are stood near a male despite being perfectly able.
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:40 - May 24 with 1654 viewsDarran

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:29 - May 24 by Aquinas

As this is turning into a venting against political correctness thread..I thought I would just say how much I get annoyed when women who are perfectly able ask for your seat on the tube.

I have and always will always stand up for those less able than me. But women are not less able. 50 years ago when they were seen as nothing more than child bearers and housewives I can understand why men gave their seats to women and stood on the outside of pavements etc.

I completely understand that 90% of women would not ask for the seat and are very happy to accept equality over a seat on the tube, but there is a significant minority of women who expect a seat if they are stood near a male despite being perfectly able.

Misogynist.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 06:14 - May 25 with 1621 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:29 - May 24 by Aquinas

I've always given up a seat or held doors for women or the elderly, young Aquinas. It's good manners and one small facet of that which sets the civilized apart from riff-raff.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 20:22 - May 25 with 1574 viewslondonlisa2001

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:26 - May 24 by donkeylabour

That's my point, it is a common theme 'getting into bed with....'

This cultural Marxism is becoming increasingly threatening, twitter seems to have unleashed these types.

A great recent example is the faux outrage regarding Isabel Hardman or that linkedin row regarding Charlotte Proudman (the irony in the name) if you don't know about the two examples please look them up.

Basically two older gentleman did the dastardly thing and commented on their looks. Now of course if the men commenting were 25-35 and handsome would there be outrage? Of course not, they'd have been blushing and delighted no doubt.

But the fact there's even talk about this is depressing. Where are we going as a society, if a man can't even compliment a woman on her appearance.

We're going to breed a Nation of beta men afraid of their own shadow.

It''s the beta' men that do it in the first place !!

Doesn't bother me per se as I'm older, have more confidence and have spent many years at football matches where 'you're lovely you are' is fairly standard fare in away matches - the variables that are important are (a) female, (b) a Swans fan (c) have a pulse :-)

But in seriousness, there is a level of basic courtesy that should be expected in the work place, and Neil Hamilton describing women in his workplace as somehow lesser than men is deserving of censure. After all, MPs are censured in Westminster for unacceptable remarks fairly frequently.

Nothing to do with 'feminism' - just an expectation of manners.
Login to get fewer ads

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:28 - May 25 with 1551 viewsHumpty

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:26 - May 24 by donkeylabour

That's my point, it is a common theme 'getting into bed with....'

This cultural Marxism is becoming increasingly threatening, twitter seems to have unleashed these types.

A great recent example is the faux outrage regarding Isabel Hardman or that linkedin row regarding Charlotte Proudman (the irony in the name) if you don't know about the two examples please look them up.

Basically two older gentleman did the dastardly thing and commented on their looks. Now of course if the men commenting were 25-35 and handsome would there be outrage? Of course not, they'd have been blushing and delighted no doubt.

But the fact there's even talk about this is depressing. Where are we going as a society, if a man can't even compliment a woman on her appearance.

We're going to breed a Nation of beta men afraid of their own shadow.

Could you tell us more about these "beta men" please Mr Donkey?
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:19 - May 25 with 1523 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 20:22 - May 25 by londonlisa2001

It''s the beta' men that do it in the first place !!

Doesn't bother me per se as I'm older, have more confidence and have spent many years at football matches where 'you're lovely you are' is fairly standard fare in away matches - the variables that are important are (a) female, (b) a Swans fan (c) have a pulse :-)

But in seriousness, there is a level of basic courtesy that should be expected in the work place, and Neil Hamilton describing women in his workplace as somehow lesser than men is deserving of censure. After all, MPs are censured in Westminster for unacceptable remarks fairly frequently.

Nothing to do with 'feminism' - just an expectation of manners.

The Beta men!

"You're lovely, you are"

I heard that said today from one of the boys and it was meant as an earnest compliment.God help us she was a Guardian journalist on the receiving end!

I swear it must be one Hell of a culture shock for the trendy, metropolitan Left when they come face-to-face with the actual industrial working class they eulogise in print.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:27 - May 25 with 1510 viewsairedale

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:03 - May 24 by Wingstandwood

A very valid and justified topic here! IMO we are now living in times where we have individuals whom are absolutely desperate to form a queue to be offended by something........just anything! There are individuals whom will now forensically trawl for what (in their minds) is 'offensive' grammar or behavior and deliberately twist things to make it appear that 'offense' is reasoned/justified. Apparently to some 'man-hole' is sexist.

I think it may have stated around the time Mary Whitehouse was (well she had to be outraged by something!)'offended' by the 'violence' within Tom And Jerry cartoons?

Captious is the word you need. An up and coming word in the age of the hypocrite.
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 00:09 - May 26 with 1489 viewslondonlisa2001

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:19 - May 25 by Lohengrin

The Beta men!

"You're lovely, you are"

I heard that said today from one of the boys and it was meant as an earnest compliment.God help us she was a Guardian journalist on the receiving end!

I swear it must be one Hell of a culture shock for the trendy, metropolitan Left when they come face-to-face with the actual industrial working class they eulogise in print.

If anyone says something like that to me, or calls me love (in Wales) or darling (in London) or anything similar it wouldn't occur to me for a second to take offence.

Neither does it strike me as anything other than rather lovely if someone holds a door open for me (male or female) and I would thank them and appreciate it as I do any display of good manners. I would do the same the other way round - it wouldn't occur to me to do anything other than that - good manners make everyone's day better.

But there is a difference easily spotted between a genuine compliment said with good intentions and someone trying to belittle a person. I've been called 'dear' in meetings before now when I've been pretty curt in response since it was said by some pathetic little bloke trying to make a point. There is no doubt that Hamilton was trying to be offensive and there is nothing clever about that, nor is there anything approaching some sort of weird feminism in finding such rudeness unacceptable.

As an aside, it does make me laugh sometimes watching the Swans at how low the bar is set to receive a compliment. A few seasons ago I was at Chelsea watching us play and two days earlier I had fallen off my bike. I had stitches above my eye and a bandage over my head and was still told I looked 'bloody gorgeous' when I was in the away end by a lovely man who'd quite obviously had more than a few :-)
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 00:34 - May 26 with 1480 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 23:40 - May 24 by Darran

Misogynist.

Misogynist if you don't give up your seat, sexist if you do.

It's a woman's world...

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 01:29 - May 26 with 1468 viewsHumpty

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 00:34 - May 26 by blueytheblue

Misogynist if you don't give up your seat, sexist if you do.

It's a woman's world...

I feel your pain brother.

It's f*cking hard being a man these days.
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 08:18 - May 26 with 1435 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 01:29 - May 26 by Humpty

I feel your pain brother.

It's f*cking hard being a man these days.

You do realise using "f*cking" and "hard" in the same sentence will have triggered many an online SJW, they'll be looking for their safe spaces as we speak ;)

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 08:46 - May 26 with 1408 viewsDafyddHuw

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:28 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Wahay. A "It's Political Correctness GONE MAD!!!' thread. Where all the grumpy old men opine, Clarkson style, about how "you can't say anything any more mun, well I call a spade a spade me" without a single trace of irony.

I'll enjoy this one.

Well put.
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:19 - May 26 with 1403 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Chocolate men !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/britains-talents-alesha-dixon-raises-8051708

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:25 - May 26 with 1400 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:19 - May 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Chocolate men !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/britains-talents-alesha-dixon-raises-8051708

What a dumb comment to make.

Oh wait, Alesha Dixon, not exactly known for a Stephen Hawking-esque IQ.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:34 - May 26 with 1395 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:25 - May 26 by blueytheblue

What a dumb comment to make.

Oh wait, Alesha Dixon, not exactly known for a Stephen Hawking-esque IQ.

What was she saying though? She thought the four of them looked good enough to eat?

She was hardly trying to insult them, was she?

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:55 - May 26 with 1383 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:34 - May 26 by Lohengrin

What was she saying though? She thought the four of them looked good enough to eat?

She was hardly trying to insult them, was she?

Or absolute outrage if a white person called them it

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:57 - May 26 with 1382 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:55 - May 26 by oh_tommy_tommy

Or absolute outrage if a white person called them it

Aye, from other white people!

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:04 - May 26 with 1380 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 09:57 - May 26 by Lohengrin

Aye, from other white people!

Really? Only white people would find that at best crass and at worst offensive?

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:08 - May 26 with 1376 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:04 - May 26 by blueytheblue

Really? Only white people would find that at best crass and at worst offensive?

Do you think for one second that she meant her comments to be anything other than a flirty compliment? Come on now, honestly?

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:13 - May 26 with 1367 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:08 - May 26 by Lohengrin

Do you think for one second that she meant her comments to be anything other than a flirty compliment? Come on now, honestly?

I'd doubt she really thought before she spoke tbh. Most Z list celebrities have the IQ of a deceased stoat.

I also suspect if someone referrred to her as "chocolate woman" she may have reacted to that.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 10:14 - May 26 with 1364 viewsDarran

I was very outraged especially as the lighter looking one was more of a Caramac Man.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024