Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? 16:30 - May 24 with 7831 viewsdonkeylabour

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-36371081

When Clegg and Cameron were getting slaughtered for something very similar, was that homophobic?

I mean really, to me it's a sign of how weak minded and precious we're becoming as a society that he has to apologise for this.

Modern feminists seem to want it all, equality but special treatment as well. Just say shut up you tw@ if it offends you and move on.

Faux outrage does my head in.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 16:37 - May 24 with 4089 viewscontroversial_jack

It's about control. Govt, media, councils, headteachers, police, private corporations, etc are trying, and succeeding in telling people how to behave. We are well on our way to becoming a fascist state. and that's not an exaggeration

As long as no laws are broken, then everyone should just get on with their lives and do their jobs and mind their own business.
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 16:41 - May 24 with 4074 viewsDarran

I'm sure Humpty will be horrified.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 16:44 - May 24 with 4081 viewsLohengrin

"He sparked a row by describing Leanne Wood and Kirsty Williams as "political concubines" in Carwyn Jones' "harem" for supporting Labour."

Yawn! Yet another manufactured row. The comment above seems to me a pretty commonplace jibe in a political forum, a fairly amusing one at that.

It would be funny if he were to follow Lloyd George's maxim and "say it again but be ruder the second time around."

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:03 - May 24 with 4051 viewsWingstandwood

A very valid and justified topic here! IMO we are now living in times where we have individuals whom are absolutely desperate to form a queue to be offended by something........just anything! There are individuals whom will now forensically trawl for what (in their minds) is 'offensive' grammar or behavior and deliberately twist things to make it appear that 'offense' is reasoned/justified. Apparently to some 'man-hole' is sexist.

I think it may have stated around the time Mary Whitehouse was (well she had to be outraged by something!)'offended' by the 'violence' within Tom And Jerry cartoons?

Argus!

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:26 - May 24 with 4023 viewsdonkeylabour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 16:44 - May 24 by Lohengrin

"He sparked a row by describing Leanne Wood and Kirsty Williams as "political concubines" in Carwyn Jones' "harem" for supporting Labour."

Yawn! Yet another manufactured row. The comment above seems to me a pretty commonplace jibe in a political forum, a fairly amusing one at that.

It would be funny if he were to follow Lloyd George's maxim and "say it again but be ruder the second time around."

That's my point, it is a common theme 'getting into bed with....'

This cultural Marxism is becoming increasingly threatening, twitter seems to have unleashed these types.

A great recent example is the faux outrage regarding Isabel Hardman or that linkedin row regarding Charlotte Proudman (the irony in the name) if you don't know about the two examples please look them up.

Basically two older gentleman did the dastardly thing and commented on their looks. Now of course if the men commenting were 25-35 and handsome would there be outrage? Of course not, they'd have been blushing and delighted no doubt.

But the fact there's even talk about this is depressing. Where are we going as a society, if a man can't even compliment a woman on her appearance.

We're going to breed a Nation of beta men afraid of their own shadow.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:28 - May 24 with 4021 viewsexiledclaseboy

Wahay. A "It's Political Correctness GONE MAD!!!' thread. Where all the grumpy old men opine, Clarkson style, about how "you can't say anything any more mun, well I call a spade a spade me" without a single trace of irony.

I'll enjoy this one.

Poll: Tory leader

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:30 - May 24 with 4014 viewsdonkeylabour

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:28 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Wahay. A "It's Political Correctness GONE MAD!!!' thread. Where all the grumpy old men opine, Clarkson style, about how "you can't say anything any more mun, well I call a spade a spade me" without a single trace of irony.

I'll enjoy this one.

It really isn't, it's far more fundamental than that. It's a very important subject area.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 19:43 - May 24 with 3944 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 17:30 - May 24 by donkeylabour

It really isn't, it's far more fundamental than that. It's a very important subject area.

No it isn't. Bluey's latest attempt to paint the entire Labour Party as Jew-hating to its core is at least vaguely interesting if only for the silliness. You're just pandering to baser instincts.

Login to get fewer ads

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:21 - May 24 with 3879 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 19:43 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

No it isn't. Bluey's latest attempt to paint the entire Labour Party as Jew-hating to its core is at least vaguely interesting if only for the silliness. You're just pandering to baser instincts.

Reading old Bluey's post the thought occurred to me that for our Grandparents' generation an anti-semite was somebody who didn't like Jews, today an anti-semite is somebody the Jews don't like.

It's a curious kind of anastrophe.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:22 - May 24 with 3873 viewsKilkennyjack

Hamilton simply craves publicity - but its not acceptable language. The Presiding Officer is quite right to step in.

Beware of the Risen People

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:30 - May 24 with 3854 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 19:43 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

Eh? Painting the entire Labour party? How so?

Labour has an element that is anti-semitic...hardly silly to point that out.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:39 - May 24 with 3831 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:21 - May 24 by Lohengrin

Reading old Bluey's post the thought occurred to me that for our Grandparents' generation an anti-semite was somebody who didn't like Jews, today an anti-semite is somebody the Jews don't like.

It's a curious kind of anastrophe.

Easy to deflect anti-semitism to complain about the accusers too.

There's one guy on twitter - was run off CCMB - who routinely spreads bullshit backed by conspiracy theorists. His tactic on CCMB was to post links but funnily enough not stay in the threads to discuss them.

He wasn't anti-semitic, swore blind that he wasn't - just interested in discussion. One link he posted was of a website which in itself linked to Stormfront. Just a happy coincidence his reading material just so happened to be linked to anti-semitic groups. Reading his twitter these days you have to wonder if being on CCMB could have been an attempt to recruit linked minded people.

The fact is, like it or not plenty of anti-semites conflate their hatred for Jews with Israel. Criticism of Israel is perfectly valid. Claiming no anti-semite criticises Israel would be a stretch. Personally I'd like to see people who criticise Israel also examine he whole meta politics of the region, examine Hamas et al and criticise those parties as appropriate.

All I know is anti-semitism is rising within Britain. Security at my son's synagogue has been raised due to credible threats made against it - including death threats. My son's Cheder class has gone from five kids to only him the other week - people have been scared to go. Obviously not being Jewish I've not really experienced it. My wife has.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:49 - May 24 with 3802 viewsMurph75

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:39 - May 24 by blueytheblue

There's one guy on twitter - was run off CCMB - who routinely spreads bullshit backed by conspiracy theorists. His tactic on CCMB was to post links but funnily enough not stay in the threads to discuss them.

He wasn't anti-semitic, swore blind that he wasn't - just interested in discussion. One link he posted was of a website which in itself linked to Stormfront. Just a happy coincidence his reading material just so happened to be linked to anti-semitic groups. Reading his twitter these days you have to wonder if being on CCMB could have been an attempt to recruit linked minded people.

The fact is, like it or not plenty of anti-semites conflate their hatred for Jews with Israel. Criticism of Israel is perfectly valid. Claiming no anti-semite criticises Israel would be a stretch. Personally I'd like to see people who criticise Israel also examine he whole meta politics of the region, examine Hamas et al and criticise those parties as appropriate.

All I know is anti-semitism is rising within Britain. Security at my son's synagogue has been raised due to credible threats made against it - including death threats. My son's Cheder class has gone from five kids to only him the other week - people have been scared to go. Obviously not being Jewish I've not really experienced it. My wife has.

Haven't you gone fans of your own team to bother?
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:52 - May 24 with 3794 viewsblueytheblue

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:49 - May 24 by Murph75

If Phil or any of your mods want me gone, I'm more than happy to have the account banned. If you feel so strongly about me posting here, please feel free to complain to them.

I post here because you've got some decent posters here...

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:57 - May 24 with 3788 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:39 - May 24 by blueytheblue

I've next to no experience of the goings-on over at CCMB, Blue, but this chap you mention was he something of a red despite the links to Stormfront?

* For anybody reading this who doesn't know what Stormfront is and may be about to do a search I'll save you the trouble: It's whack-job central over there. Your IP address will probably be logged someplace you wouldn't want it to be as well. Stay clear.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:00 - May 24 with 3783 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:49 - May 24 by Murph75

His contributions are ten times more interesting as a rule than a lot of our boys, Murph.

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:01 - May 24 with 3780 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:30 - May 24 by blueytheblue

Eh? Painting the entire Labour party? How so?

Labour has an element that is anti-semitic...hardly silly to point that out.

I'd imagine, nay I'm sure, that there are anti Semitic elements in all parties on all corners of the spectrum, Bluey

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:04 - May 24 with 3767 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:00 - May 24 by Lohengrin

His contributions are ten times more interesting as a rule than a lot of our boys, Murph.

I concur. Even if I do have to correct his factual errors on an increasingly regular basis.
[Post edited 24 May 2016 22:05]

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:05 - May 24 with 3766 viewsMurph75

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:00 - May 24 by Lohengrin

You could always f*ck off with him then?
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:06 - May 24 with 3762 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:01 - May 24 by exiledclaseboy

I'd imagine, nay I'm sure, that there are anti Semitic elements in all parties on all corners of the spectrum, Bluey

Nay? Nay?? Are you Leo McKern now?

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:07 - May 24 with 3758 viewsLohengrin

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:05 - May 24 by Murph75

Thick Mick!

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:09 - May 24 with 3749 viewsDarran

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:05 - May 24 by Murph75

Great post Muroh.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:09 - May 24 with 3755 viewsexiledclaseboy

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 21:57 - May 24 by Lohengrin

I've next to no experience of the goings-on over at CCMB, Blue, but this chap you mention was he something of a red despite the links to Stormfront?

* For anybody reading this who doesn't know what Stormfront is and may be about to do a search I'll save you the trouble: It's whack-job central over there. Your IP address will probably be logged someplace you wouldn't want it to be as well. Stay clear.

Stormfront is funny. Or at least they used to be. Whack job doesn't even begin to cover it.

And I wouldn't worry too much about IP addresses and browsing histories being logged by pernicious forces. That ship has long since sailed

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:12 - May 24 with 3745 viewsMurph75

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:07 - May 24 by Lohengrin

Thick Mick!

Racist
Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:13 - May 24 with 3743 viewsMurph75

Why is everyone so sensitive these days? on 22:09 - May 24 by Darran

Great post Muroh.

Thanks Daz
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024